Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 26, 2014 5:25 PM

Jan 2011
Underrated it seems...while NGNL is in top 20 (not that this show deserves that either). Glad the second season is already confirmed.

This was a good show. Didn't know what to think about it as it was starting but I really am interested to see where this story goes. Good characters. Very enjoyable.
Jun 26, 2014 5:35 PM

Jan 2011
I have a feeling that the kid that appears to give instructions (guy) is actually an image of emperor gaz. Why else was blue chaika so shocked after seeing him?

Also, I don't think gilette is dead. If you look carefully, before the blast hit him, two "guy's" appeared behind him. Maybe he was teleported out.
TakenForceJun 26, 2014 5:40 PM
Jun 26, 2014 5:44 PM

Nov 2007
So many things happened!

Is Gillette dead? Wasn't there two Guys standing behind him when the explosion happened?

Does this mean Vivi has turned into a Chaika? Is that how Chiakas are created? From ordinary girls or Vivi was one of the Chaikas to begin with?

Why Fredrica suddenly so serious about making a contract with Toru? Will Toru consider this opportunity?

This anime actually turned out to be way better than I thought it would.
Bumped my rating to an 8/10. Cannot wait for October!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 26, 2014 5:54 PM

Jan 2011
Did the first season cover the first 6 volumes of the novel? The blue Chaika appeared in the cover of volume 6. Idk how theres going to be enough content for the second season if the novel only has 9 volumes released so far.
Jun 26, 2014 6:42 PM

Oct 2013
awww chibi Fredica sooo cute
almost chaika x toru
good season overall i give it a 7/10 now ot wait for season 2!!! nad the ova
[/quote]
Jun 26, 2014 7:06 PM

Sep 2012
TakenForce said:
Did the first season cover the first 6 volumes of the novel? The blue Chaika appeared in the cover of volume 6. Idk how theres going to be enough content for the second season if the novel only has 9 volumes released so far.

2nd season will conclude the series and end at the same time as the novel. I think there'll be 12 volumes in total?

AO968 said:
Also, why is she the only one who can't seem to make coherent sentences?

I doubt anyone is going to see this at all and I shouldn't be surprised if people are still confused, BUT I copied this statement from TV trope.

"Chaika speaks only broken and disjointed common language, but is absolutely at home with her native Laake. Surprisingly, she still insists on speaking common, while Toru is perfectly fluent in Laake."

All the citizens of the Gaz Empire spoke Laake apparently, since it was their national language.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Jun 26, 2014 7:50 PM

Aug 2013
Holy shit, did Vivi just pulled out a Chaika? Is everybody a Chaika? Maybe Tooru is a Chaika! Chaika?
Seriously though, Vivi Chaikaed surprised me as hell. Never saw that coming, I wonder how it will turn. That mean that they knew what the Chaika were, no? Why are they trying to capture Chaika? Did they even knew she was a Chaika?

IWANTMOAR.

Frederica never fail to surprise me? Going chibi and not giving a single fuck. What a weird dragon.

Akari hitting non-chalantly the sorcerer on the head was freaking hilarious xD
Tooru also taking the blade in the arm like it was nothing. What a badass. He's so badass that Frederica also offered him to become her knight. Next, he'll become a... wizard?

It's pretty dark when we think about it. All those girls they captured and that were mentally manipulated died drowning probably without knowing where the fuck they were and what was happening... :/

Also, just a hint for some people that wonder about Gilette. Stop the screan when he's about to get hit by the laser. ;)
Wouldn't have noticed it without those post about it. That kid is really mysterious. His appearance somehow saved Chaika. What the heck is he...

Well, pretty hyped for the season 2. MORE CHAIKA!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 26, 2014 8:03 PM

Nov 2011
Seriously, what is that Guy guy up to?

Jun 26, 2014 8:18 PM

Nov 2013
erikuru said:
Seriously, what is that Guy guy up to?

Jun 26, 2014 8:39 PM
Jan 2013
I'm speculating Vivi became the replacement blue chaika since the horny one drowned in the fortress. So every time a chaika dies, a new one is born. Or something. I'd rather have the truth be everyone becomes chaika in the end.
Jun 26, 2014 8:53 PM

Jan 2013
Some surprising character deaths.
And almost a romantic kiss scene.
Fredrica shedding out of her body was a pretty funny scene.
Jun 26, 2014 9:37 PM

Dec 2013
Joycdonnell said:
Lunacide said:
Vivi might not be Chaika. There is a disease or something like that that turns your hair white when you experience a sudden shock of sadness. It happened in Gosick to the main character as well.

but the eyes got purple color too O:
She don't got the eyebrow game to be a qt 3.14 Chaika though.
Jun 26, 2014 11:31 PM

Dec 2009
minouneetzoe said:
Holy shit, did Vivi just pulled out a Chaika? Is everybody a Chaika? Maybe Tooru is a Chaika! Chaika?

Jun 27, 2014 1:33 AM

Oct 2010
One of the better anime this season. However, I'm a bit upset on the lack of ecchiness this anime had. You can't create such a cute anime girl such as chika and not show pantsu, its blasphemy.
Jun 27, 2014 3:07 AM

Feb 2012
Okay, slut Chaika dies. They didn't save the surviving girl behind the wall? Talk about heroes!

Vivi-mon digivolves to........... CHAIKA-MON!! LOL!!

And theres a ghost boy roaming around?

Interesting!

Only thing cute in this episode was CHIBI FREDRICA!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jun 27, 2014 4:27 AM

Feb 2013
Thanks for the help so far, Guy. HUGE help.

#ViviChaika
#BringBackGillette
#Guy
#MoreGuyPls
Jun 27, 2014 4:32 AM

Dec 2011
Good thing Akari is back to her senses.

Those white things sure are annoying.

Oh, look, there's poor Fredrica...

LOL, Fredrica revived in her chibi form XD.

Toru, hurry up and save Chaika!

A kiss! I just knew it would happen lol.

So Ricardo and Layla died together huh...

Poor Gillette and Vivi...

Toru should accept Fredrica's offer to be honest.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jun 27, 2014 4:38 AM

Sep 2012
jbeat said:
Okay, slut Chaika dies. They didn't save the surviving girl behind the wall? Talk about heroes!

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that girl expired along with the rest after she spoke to them.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Jun 27, 2014 6:16 AM

May 2012
Why did the blue Chaika die. She has nice looking legs.
Jun 27, 2014 6:21 AM

Apr 2011
I feel like Frederica likes Tooru when she says she's serious about making a contract with him.
Jun 27, 2014 7:26 AM

Jun 2014
one of the finest anime this season and a great ending, cant wait for the second season.
Tooru is a frickin BOSS tho cant deny the fact that his a Pedo. :D
Jun 27, 2014 8:06 AM

Mar 2014
GILETTE! No! Vivi turned into a Chaika from the shock to replace the dead Chaika? O-O
I feel like they won't pull a Frederica revival...he died for real...at least the creepy kid died too...

I feel like Guy has a lot to do with the whole Chaika thing.

I was thinking 'maybe Chaika would give Tooru a mouth to mouth', I didn't think she would actually do that haha.

Yessss, both Chaika and LH S2 during fall! :D Can't wait.

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” —Ging
Jun 27, 2014 8:15 AM

Sep 2013
Fantastic finale but just one question... VIVI'S FORTUNE COOKIE SAID HER LOVE WOULD SAVE THE ONE SHE LOVES?!?!??? WHY GILETTE??!
Jun 27, 2014 8:26 AM
Mar 2014
ViVI is Chaika!
Jun 27, 2014 8:56 AM
Jun 2014
Damn.. I was shocked when Vivi transformed into a Chaika. Layla made some decent points when she said that each Chaika has a different point of view so they can get different allies in collecting the remains. But no one can deny that Fredrica was so awesome from turning chibi then killing the guard dogs xD I think Gillete isn't dead yet. I think Guy took him somewhere...
Jun 27, 2014 9:40 AM

Dec 2010
I have only read the 1st page so I don't know what the other people said but do you guys really belive Gilette died?! Didn't you guys see that there were 2 "Guys" behind Gilette when he was about to get shot. So I believe he is very much alive or else why the hell did "Guy" arrive or show up?
Jun 27, 2014 9:43 AM

Dec 2010
monokuma-k said:
One of the better anime this season. However, I'm a bit upset on the lack of ecchiness this anime had. You can't create such a cute anime girl such as chika and not show pantsu, its blasphemy.

I'm actually happy it's not ecchi or else the ratings would probably drop because it would become too mainstream and not as unique as it already is
Jun 27, 2014 4:41 PM

Jan 2008
Sucks that those kidnapped girls are goners. At least all the bad guys died underwater.

I personally wanted to see more development with the red Chaika. Tooru potentially becoming a Dragoon Cavalier has piqued my interest.

It's going to be a long wait until all the second seasons of various shows come back in Autumn.
Jun 27, 2014 5:18 PM

Jan 2013
4kicks said:
Sucks that those kidnapped girls are goners.

lol, I totally forgot about them.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 27, 2014 5:32 PM

Jul 2010
Looking forward to season 2.7/10 for this one.

linchpin said:
slovak125 said:
Not to mention we have a PEDO protagonist... Who the hell in his 20s would choose 13 years old girl instead of his peer? .

who wouldn't?
Now that's a good question.
Jun 27, 2014 5:47 PM
Jun 2014
If you watch right before the beam hits Gilette-sama, you can see TWO telportingGuyMessenger dudes in the background. Also Vivi HAS turned into Chaika (her hair turned white and her eyes turned purple) for those of you who don't think she did.
Jun 27, 2014 9:33 PM

Dec 2013
This isn't the best anime of this season but it is paced very well and there is enough character interaction and development for you to get attached to the characters. I'm giving the series a 7/10, which can easily go up to 8 to 9 in season two if the progressions stay on the right path.
Jun 28, 2014 12:53 AM

Mar 2013
Chibi Frederica was too cute and that Toru X Chaika kiss though....
Vivi turning into a Chaika was completely unexpected..or at least I think she turned into one...
Overall this series was fine and quite enjoyable. The whole concept of Chaika being the daughter of Emperor Gaz (as considered to be one of the world's most wicked dictator or something like that), different colored Chaikas, memory loss, and whether or not their fakes - are all intriguing for the most part. I really like the Saboteur duo - Toru and Akari and how they're loyal to Chaika and actually gets shit done. This series is definitely one of the better ones that came out Spring season, so that's why, hopefully next season that airs on Fall will be better.
7/10
Jun 28, 2014 2:04 AM

May 2013
Ricardo got killed so casually because the dude is just screwing around and not actually trying to kill so Tooru just showed him the differences between their intents.

That kiss scene was real pretty...those underwater kisses just hit a switch for me.

I was going to say that this episode wrapped up real cleanly except when Gillette didn't come back and Vivi started getting white hairs on a whole different level. Sheesh.

Chibi Fredrica was cute.

8.95 for first half of series.
Jun 28, 2014 2:23 AM

Jan 2011
those 3 really only want to bring chaos, not even have any big ambition...

one Chaika down, did all those mind-controlled soldiers and kidnapped girls drown too?

overall, for me this is the second or third best series this season, behind Ping Pong
Jun 28, 2014 4:59 AM

Jul 2008
YEAH chibi Fredrica, way to slot in the humour :D I'm sure Gillete is still alive and in Guy's hands, otherwise Guy showing up there would be a waste :) Vivi is a Chaika? another mystery to uncover^^

So much deaths in the last 2 episodes, the mixture in this anime is astounding and I'm loving all the mysteries even now ^_^ lets go Season 2!!!
Jun 28, 2014 6:23 AM

Oct 2009
Pretty sure Gillette is alive.
Great first season! One of the most entertaining shows this season.

Gotta love Frederica, shes so funny and cute XD, also this show has some great female characters, all of whom are strong and have great personalities.

I still want AkariXTooru though -.-

8.5/10
Jun 28, 2014 6:53 AM

Jul 2012
Chibi Frederica was probably the best part of this episode.

So Vivi turned into a Chika interesting. I cannot wait until the second season.

Great episode and season!!!
Jun 28, 2014 7:59 AM

Dec 2012
I love Chibi Frederica's voice. I can't wait for Tooru to agree to become a Dragoon Cavalier.

Vivi transforming into Chaika. I wonder what is the story behind it.

Can't wait for S2 this coming October!
Jun 28, 2014 9:50 AM
Jan 2014
Why did Soara's magic attack sequence had to misfire and wipe out the allied troops, along with Gillette? I was just starting to like him. I hope he's still alive.
That caused Vivi to transform into a Chaika, I didn't expect that.
Now I'm really looking forward to the second season.
So many questions that need answering, especially the one behind Guy.
That underwater kiss between Tooru and Chaika was well received ^^.
Jun 28, 2014 12:20 PM

Aug 2012
The real kiss should've happened.
Jun 28, 2014 4:03 PM

Feb 2014
I had a feeling that Vivi was a Chaika, she had the brows for it...
I'm undecided on whether I liked this series or not, but I still want to watch the second season - too many unanswered questions dammit!
"Even if we lose by 100 points, there's still a chance a meteor will strike the other team's bench in the last second"

- Kuroko Tetsuya
Jun 28, 2014 5:55 PM

Jul 2012
Overall, the series was pretty solid, though my actual interest and enjoyment levels kinda went up and down over the show's run. The last couple episodes started to get pretty interesting, hinting at all kinds of things:

1) It seemed pretty clear that Vivi turned into another Chaika, but the important question is what that actually means in the grand scheme of things. How are Chaikas made? Why does shock like that turn a person into a Chaika? Is that all there is to it? Did it have anything to do with Layla dying? If so, does that mean there are supposed to be a certain number of Chaikas at any given time?

2) It seems like the various nations that defeated Emperor Gaz are only cooperating with each other begrudgingly, and the leaders of at least some of them seem more ambitious and combative in their relations with other nations. I wonder where this will go in the second season, especially since the coalition's big magic airship is now (presumably) gone. Will any of the nations begin to act up now that there's not as much to keep them in line out of fear?

3) Why did Guy showing up like that scare Layla that much? What does she know about him that we don't?

I was actually pretty surprised when Frederica was revealed to be alive. There was a part of me that thought they might not kill her off, but my stronger thought was that she was actually dead for good. I didn't hate it, but at the same time I can't deny that it was a really big cop out, given that her only weakness was targeted successfully by the weird guard monster. When her stomach started bulging before the smaller Frederica popped out, I half expected it to be another guard monster, and that that's how they replicate or something, a la the Alien movies.

I liked that Chaika immediately jumped into the water to rescue Toru. I was expecting her to stand there looking down at where he fell with a worried face, possibly screaming his name or something, so I thought the fact that she immediately just jumped in after him was well-played. Chaika had been shown to be somewhat proactive throughout the series, but I wasn't expecting her to be that decisive. On the other hand, while I can accept that Chaika kissed Toru the first time to give him air, the fact that either one of them even went in for a second kiss felt really off to me. Previously, while it had been shown that Chaika does have romantic feelings for Toru, she still seemed somewhat hesitant to express them fully. For Toru's part, it was shown that he probably has some romantic feelings for her; however, his end of it hadn't been played up very strongly, so them going in for a second kiss didn't work for me at all.
You can also find me at:
Wordpress
Tumblr
Jun 28, 2014 7:39 PM

Feb 2010
So Vivi is actually a Chaika-in-denial.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jun 28, 2014 8:00 PM

Dec 2012
I guess nobody here has watched Gosick.

Or maybe everyone is aware of something I'm not in the source material when claiming that Vivi is a Chaika... very doubtful though.

Seriously people...

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Jun 28, 2014 9:30 PM

Oct 2013
Toru's poker face when he was going to kiss Chaika and everyone comes was the best part for sure.

Layla and Ricardo's death was pretty beatiful imo, it's rare to see a death like for villains nowdays.

I've read somewhere that Vivi is not a Chaika, hope this is no true though, the more Chaikas we get, the better.

And I'm pretty excited to see Toru as a dragon tamer next season.

Very exciting anime, I'd give a 10 for the enjoyment I had on this series.
Jun 28, 2014 11:05 PM

May 2007
Mini-marathon eps 9 to 12, these last few episodes continued to have the feel of the show, whilst trying to ante up the tension, which I will say it sort of half-succeeded. I kinda like the idea of Gillette being killed off and I was a little surprise to see Vivi getting her hair instantly turn white after taking in the revelation, I was worried it would be Vivi after hearing about her fortune, in the end it was Gillette who kinda saved them, since the Cadwell force were going to lose unless they did their kamikaze.

Ahhh, I kinda wanted the Blue Chaika to survive but I guess she wanted to sing her own tune till the end. Sorta found it a little surprising that she used drugs to seduce men, I guess she couldn't think of any other way of getting those men to her side.

It seems the "Guy" is a lackey for the real mastermind of the mission to collect the remains of Emperor Gaz using Chaikas. I wonder if the mastermind is the Emperor Gaz's wife (the old Queen) and in effect, the mother of the Chaikas.

Season 1 was a good watch, I'm giving it a 8/10, hopefully season 2 will be better.

I was hoping season 2 would wrap up the story but with an OAD episode coming in 2015, it seems unlikely and the light novel series will probably continue.
Jun 29, 2014 2:43 AM

Mar 2012
JCDRANZER said:
Mini-marathon eps 9 to 12, these last few episodes continued to have the feel of the show, whilst trying to ante up the tension, which I will say it sort of half-succeeded. I kinda like the idea of Gillette being killed off and I was a little surprise to see Vivi getting her hair instantly turn white after taking in the revelation, I was worried it would be Vivi after hearing about her fortune, in the end it was Gillette who kinda saved them, since the Cadwell force were going to lose unless they did their kamikaze.

Ahhh, I kinda wanted the Blue Chaika to survive but I guess she wanted to sing her own tune till the end. Sorta found it a little surprising that she used drugs to seduce men, I guess she couldn't think of any other way of getting those men to her side.

It seems the "Guy" is a lackey for the real mastermind of the mission to collect the remains of Emperor Gaz using Chaikas. I wonder if the mastermind is the Emperor Gaz's wife (the old Queen) and in effect, the mother of the Chaikas.

Season 1 was a good watch, I'm giving it a 8/10, hopefully season 2 will be better.

I was hoping season 2 would wrap up the story but with an OAD episode coming in 2015, it seems unlikely and the light novel series will probably continue.

nah it will be finished dude there is no worry, it has already been confirmed that the LN will wrap up at the same time as the second series finishes airing. this is bones after all, they always end there stories with a conclusion, the OAD will most likely be an after story or a filler episode.
Jun 29, 2014 2:55 AM

Dec 2013
VanishingKira said:
Was mediocre,5/10.Just another forgettable series from this season.

Lmfao @ little Fredrica popping out of her body.

At first I pegged that for a lousy cop-out to keep Fredrica alive, but the explanation that she threw out kinda convinced me. I laughed my arse offf after she popped out, and that voice she was using.... oh god I wanted to shoot my headphones.

Akari bopping the wizard guy's head was kind of anti-climactic, as was Toru's fight with the Chucky kid. Seriously it would have been so much better if that wizard had made some funny speech about his superiority and then get whacked by Akari (with more force too, that bop seemed so light). I was also relishing the Chucky Kid to get mutilated a bit more, like those white creeper thingys. The fact that he still had his body intact after all the crap he did was kinda disappointing.

I actually sympathized with Layla quite a bit. Whereas Red Chaika had her swordsmanship, Grey Chaika had her gun-toting magic, all Layla had was the ability to seduce men. Wow, what a great weapon. I wonder what sorta Chaika Vivi will turn out to be?

Given the way that they seem to be created, my theory is that they kind of magically created 6 or 7 Chaika personalities and embedded them into several different girls, and these girls' only became Chaika's after they were triggered to do so by the likes of that Guy guy. I'm not sure Guy is actually the Gaz Emperor's Spirit, but I'm pretty sure he's like the scientist whose responsible for the Chaika experiment.

The "Kiss of Life" was kind of surprising. I mean, if she really was thinking straight, then she should have did the Floater bubble before that and saved herself the trouble of blowing air into his mouth. Of course, that was probably for the fans.

I'm also surprised at Frederica's invitation to Toru to become a Dragoon Cavalier, though considering how everyone loves Toru, I guess it was to be expected.

Good thing there's a season 2 coming so soon, just in time for my birthday, lol.

By the way, whats this about an OAD episode coming in 2015?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 29, 2014 4:14 AM
Sep 2012
.....isn't Toru 20 and Chaika 14? Not judging....much, but as Chaika's captor said a few episodes back she is a kid. Though that blue Chaika sure wasn't. And until they show me multi colored Chaika or mauve I'm going to assume that the Chaika's that we're going to see are main colors. SO happy that Frederica is alive. I didn't even know that I liked her so much until I thought that she was killed. It just seemed like a bad way to go. Sneaked up on by a chimera? Bad taste, Blue Chaika, bad taste. And NOOO Gillette G-Fusion!!!! I don't really think that he's dead. If the horses body wasn't obliterated, I'm going to assume that he wasn't as well. But a fake death would do wonders for his off the books investigating. Looking forward to season 2. *^.^*
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2014

155 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 28, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2014

100 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 28, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2014

155 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 28, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

224 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 28, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

137 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 1:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.