Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 28, 2014 2:18 AM

Apr 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Just saw the RAWs for the new chapter.
It seems people are discussing Beyond Netero's announcement, it also seems that some people ventured to the Dark Continenet before and brought back samples. The Zodiac discuss their mission when suddenly Beyond Netero calls them and they have a chat. It also seems that Ging has his own agenda (again) and that the Dark Continent is full of dieases, strange creatures and strange enviroments.
Nice setup chapter so far, I am glad HxH is back.

PS:
Apparently Togashi said the following in the author commentary in the WSJ ToC:
"I'm sorry to have kept you waiting for so long.
I am quite worn out, but I will do my best somehow."

...I will just leave this uncommented.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
May 28, 2014 2:33 AM

Dec 2008
The things that they got from the Dark Continent look pretty crazy. I got high hopes for this arc, looks like we gonna get some real "hunting".

But that comment from Togashi doesn't give me the best feeling. I really hope we won't get another hiatus after like 10 chapters.
May 28, 2014 2:51 AM

Jul 2011
I live to see another Hunter X Hunter chapter released. I'm quite surprised.

Oh c'mon you gotta be shitting me...
May 28, 2014 2:56 AM

Apr 2009
I can't read moon, so I have to trust the people who translate these spoiler scripts but yeah... this is ridiculous. He is no Miura, he didn't return with 11/10 art (even though the colorpage of Beyond Netero looks awesome) and a complete miniseries after a year...
May 28, 2014 3:02 AM

Dec 2012
Nikoka said:

Oh c'mon you gotta be shitting me...

Well there is anime, so there should be more hope. His situation is better than Miura at least.
May 28, 2014 3:09 AM

Jul 2011
tsudecimo said:

Well there is anime, so there should be more hope. His situation is better than Miura at least.

The only thing giving me some peace of mind is that the anime will catch up to the manga very soon and if he wants to keep the money flowing in he's gonna have to keep making new chapters. It's too funny to think it's a coincidence that the manga is restarting when the CA arc is about to end.
May 28, 2014 3:15 AM

Apr 2009
Pfft, chapter 339 ended way too perfectly for Madhouse not to make this an open end.
I guess they will end it there and just produce a new 26 episode season or whatever they need to do when this arc will be finished in 5 years or so.

Also, some rough translation from sandman over at APforums:

sandman said:
The language Togashi uses in Hunter Hunter is difficult as usual...

5 Calamities of the Dark Continent on the last page are interesting...

- Weapon that is called "Brion", an unknown sphere that defends unknown ancient ruins

- Gas life that is called "Aye" (ai ?) , desires with each other
 (It seems this Gas life is related with Nanika...)

- Twin-tailed snake that is called "Hellbel" . It transmits murderous intent

- Beasts that is called "Pup" . They keep human. An equal exchange pleasure with life

- "Zobae disease" that makes human immortal. Bottomless despair which pretends to be hope.

Sounds like this will be a great adventure arc with lots of interesting stuff to discover.
NidhoeggrMay 28, 2014 3:18 AM
May 28, 2014 3:28 AM

Jan 2009
Nidhoeggr said:

welp that does not look promising
May 28, 2014 3:56 AM

Jun 2013
WELP. HXH IS NO LONGER ON HIATUS. FOR NOW.
May 28, 2014 4:05 AM

May 2013
Good build-up chapter, damn these people can talk. It took me 15 min+ to read this chapter. Not that i'm complaining. Btw I was bit dissapointed that we didn't get to see anybody from the main cast. Such a troll move lol.

------------
Are you guys repairing for the next hiatus, we all knew that he would take another break. I just hope that he will publish 24 chapters before his next break. 6 months should be enjoy for my HxH fix..
SaSa-ZoldyckMay 28, 2014 4:56 AM
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
May 28, 2014 4:27 AM

Sep 2012
Mangastream was early than expected...

The art is great! Hope it doesn't fall off in the next few chapters though (I can already see a bit on the last page). Great exposition so far, can't wait for the exploration and world building of this arc

These diseases sound very interesting, especially the 'immortal sickness'
May 28, 2014 4:51 AM

Oct 2009
it was an alright chapter for its return

can't wait for the this Dark Continent Arc

i wish we got to see Hisoka...hope he appears later on
247EyesMay 28, 2014 4:55 AM
May 28, 2014 4:54 AM

Jan 2010
I'm prepared to enjoy Hunter x Hunter for the next 9-18 weeks. I'm glad that in usual Togashi style there was no fanservice just because it came back after a break like showing Gon or something when it isn't necessary. You can hardly tell a break was even taken.
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
May 28, 2014 4:58 AM

Jan 2009
Such a rare experience to move HXH enrty on my list from 'On-Hold' to 'Reading', huh.

Btw, the art was quite amazing.
May 28, 2014 5:01 AM
Jan 2014
It's so weird that I enjoy this chapter way too much than I should have.

I don't even care that the main characters aren't showed. The most interesting plot has to be between Beyond Netero and the Zodiacs.
May 28, 2014 5:13 AM

Jun 2012
Is Gon going solo this arc?
May 28, 2014 5:18 AM
Jan 2014
Jason_Ladd said:
Is Gon going solo this arc?

We don't know yet, but he was with the contract hunters doing expeditions
May 28, 2014 5:20 AM

May 2013
This new arc seems rather exciting, but it's the typical 'hardcore place' on Earth. Such as One Piece's New World and Toriko's Gourmet World.
May 28, 2014 5:24 AM
Jan 2014
Esheraz said:
This new arc seems rather exciting, but it's the typical 'hardcore place' on Earth. Such as One Piece's New World and Toriko's Gourmet World.

But it's more dangerous than any of those combined.
May 28, 2014 5:27 AM

Jun 2013
Finally it's back, amazing chapter, looking foward to this arc.
May 28, 2014 5:43 AM

Sep 2012
It's good to have HxH back, but it would be better if I were able to understand more than 50% of what's being said. No seriously, that translation is terrible and almost impossible to understand for a non-native english speaker like me.

Those guys at the beginning, are they working for V5, Kakin, or are they some kind of third force?

Anyway, I wonder what Beyond Netero has on his mind.
May 28, 2014 5:45 AM

Apr 2014
Finally!!!!!!!
Awesome chapter.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

May 28, 2014 5:53 AM
Jan 2014
SetsukoHara said:
It's good to have HxH back, but it would be better if I were able to understand more than 50% of what's being said. No seriously, that translation is terrible and almost impossible to understand for a non-native english speaker like me.

Those guys at the beginning, are they working for V5, Kakin, or are they some kind of third force?

Anyway, I wonder what Beyond Netero has on his mind.

I'm still confused who they are working for too. I have to say that it's for the V5 insead of Kazin because they have no intention of letting them go.
May 28, 2014 6:03 AM

Jun 2010
Lol, it's back.. Well the chapter had too much dialogue.. My eyes x_x

LOL! inb4 hiatus after one month..
May 28, 2014 6:06 AM

Nov 2011
I'm really curious about what's out there in the New World now. That survivor at the facility looked creepy as hell though. I'm glad to see Hunter x Hunter back. Hopefully, we'll get more chapters this year soon.
May 28, 2014 6:29 AM

Feb 2014
Finaly!! I hope Gon and Gin go together to the Dark Continent.

May 28, 2014 6:30 AM

Aug 2010
Ohh!! Am I seeing things O_o?! Awesome art! By Togashi? XD

I was wondering about what the focus after the Hiatus will be. Kurapika or Dark Continent. Seems like we'll be focusing on this new world now.

Seems interesting. I can't wait to see who the main focus will be? Gon? Or multiple character? I hope Killua, Hisoka and Kurapika will still be appearing a lot though.
May 28, 2014 6:54 AM

Feb 2014
Is it weird that I think togashi has the most effective art, in connecting emotions? When he draws normally?
Welcome back!!!

Gotta love togashi's imagination, and his ability to make such amazing mysteries in just one chapter. The new world and all the weird stuff was promised in chapter one, and now we get more of them. I expect this to be the epitome of creative creatures, even more than the ants.

But I wish the theme to be different. Vs Nature seems like a catchy tease for a new one.

Comedy was good too, love how piyon is just skyping there. Missed netero as well, nice seeing him there. :) RIP.

IMO first we get an amazing episode (probably best of 2014) and now a long awaited chapter that was most enjoyable of this week's Jump.

Feels like X-Mas.

Again, good to be back, I'm so happy for this news.
May 28, 2014 7:15 AM

Jan 2014
Glad to know that HxH manga returned..

I was just checking a manga site then I saw HxH ch 341.. pretty shocked there :3

I have high expectations for this arc... good chapter

4/5
May 28, 2014 7:23 AM

Oct 2011
This chapter was pretty text heavy. Anyway, this seems like a pretty good setup chapter. I seriously hope Togashi was joking with that comment of his.
May 28, 2014 7:26 AM

Feb 2013
HxH is back and the artwork isn't terrible. This was a good chapter and I can't wait to see more.
May 28, 2014 7:31 AM

Apr 2014
Much. Text.
Nice. Art.

I think I'll start following the manga after the anime stops airing.

Aaah this is so beautiful. I wonder if HxH will ever have such a scene again....
GaldiblowMay 28, 2014 8:06 AM
May 28, 2014 7:48 AM

Jul 2010
Thought my eyes were going crazy when I saw there was a new chapter.
Art is nice.
May 28, 2014 8:10 AM
Feb 2010
Great chapter, love the writings. Plenty of stuff to discover. Remember when Silva Zoldyck said that Alluka is something from a different place, something dark?
http://puu.sh/94S7w/ba8369e0d8.jpg

The mutilated twisted corpse with just the hands and feet visible is similar to Alluka's victims, so we can safely assume that Alluka is from the outside~!!
http://puu.sh/94RTr/a4ded6410a.jpg

Also Alluka's ability was illustrated as a mobius snake with the line "the degree of wish Alluka can grant is probably infinite" which is very similar to the two tailed snake. Maybe Alluka is one of the 5 calamities~! http://puu.sh/94Sdz/96c24a6fd3.jpg

This means that one of the Zoldyck's probably accompanied Netero to the outside world and brought Alluka back. Maybe Zeno's grandfather Maha, the only reinforcement user in the family that fought Netero once.
NicevilMay 28, 2014 11:28 AM
May 28, 2014 8:24 AM

Sep 2013
Amazing, the art , the plot 10/10

Togashi is back, baby!!!
May 28, 2014 8:36 AM

Sep 2011
Glad to see he is back. I hope the New World isn't as gloomy as this chapter made it seem. Had enough doom and gloom with the Chimera Ant Arc, was hoping for a more adventure-y arc like Greed Island this time around.

It's nice to see that he can draw when he wants to. The cover for the chapter was awesome and the quality overall for his art seems to have improved. I'm looking forward to the next chapter, things are still pretty confusing after that huge information dump. Hopefully they will decide when and who is going to go to the Dark Continent by the end of the next chapter.

As for Togashi's comment at the end, I really hope he doesn't bail out on us again. It's been like 2 years since the last chapter (not including the special). If his issue is with drawing then why the hell doesn't he just let someone do the art so he can focus on the story. Well at least there aren't any Dragon Quest games coming out soon. So we should be good for a couple of more chapters.......
May 28, 2014 8:57 AM

Apr 2008
Too much useless text.
May 28, 2014 8:59 AM

Jun 2011
Welcome back, Hunter X Hunter. Good to have you back.
Please don't go back on hiatus :(

This chapter took me like 10 minutes to read. Lots of info. dumping here... let's see how this goes.

May 28, 2014 9:29 AM

Jul 2011
Grimmm said:
Too much useless text.

Wall of texts are the bread and butter of Hunter.
May 28, 2014 9:30 AM

Mar 2013
A bit of a squeal when I saw Hunter x Hunter 341 on mangareader
So much text, but wow the art was nice for this chapter.
Can't wait to see what's in this arc!!!
May 28, 2014 10:17 AM

Sep 2007
"Zobae disease"?? Sounds like hxh got zombies now.
So original.
May 28, 2014 10:17 AM

Jul 2011
I think Nanika may be a Gas-Lifeform or it's related to them in some way.
http://puu.sh/94Ygw/6ec9ac8ce5.jpg
Pay attention to the panel with with squashed up body parts.
http://puu.sh/94Y7P/93cfa6e007.jpg
What happens when someone refuses 3 of Alluka's requests. Looks incredibly similar to what we see in the lab does it not?
http://puu.sh/94YvV/40d8f7b08e.jpg
The Gas-Lifeforms appear to be capable of speech, we only see one of them saying the word "Ai". It is also the word Alluka says when she grants a wish (notice the あい kanji in both panels), it was translated as "Aye" or "Okay" by the people who translated the chapters in english.
http://i32.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/321/hunter-x-hunter-2734775.jpg
Silva insisting that he doesn't consider Alluka family.
http://i24.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/321/hunter-x-hunter-2734777.jpg
Were the Zoldycks part of an earlier expedition and brought Alluka back from the Dark Continent? "It is something that came from a different place. Something dark." Sounds like the Dark Continent to me.
AeserumMay 28, 2014 10:29 AM
May 28, 2014 10:30 AM

Oct 2011
It seems as though this chapter really set the tone of man vs nature, but that end about the diseases gave some hints that once inside the "new world" or "dark continent" they're most likely going to discover something much nastier there. I have a feeling we were just foreshadowed to what type of antagonists we can be expecting in this arc, from the sounds of it, they will make the Chimera Ants seem like a minimal threat.
May 28, 2014 10:34 AM

Dec 2010
so togashi returned with fair amount of surprises for future buildup and a little flair of troll .

seems like there's some detail planning before venturing into new world . all of this new world concept was fore shadowed much much earlier though it has become a common idea now-a-days . but never forget that togashi's mastery of arc structure largely depends on its complex relation of characters and plotting which he loves to explore and surprise us . togashi is always unpredictable .
i was expecting a chase between zodiac 10 and beyond netero all these years and look what he did in this chapter . i was really surprised at how easily togashi handled the matter . can't wait to find out beyond's planning in the overall grand scheme ...could it be pariston's idea ??

the history of the expedition in new world hundred years ago is also an intriguing matter. it really serves a great deal creating more mysteries around the hunter verse . really liked the concept of that legendary journey . and knowing togashi, we will probably never see that flashback as an arc ... hope alluka matter will be explained properly and this will satisfy all the fans out there cursing its existence. 5 calamities are solid plot points and build up elements . so are there more people same as alluka ? hope so....

and its great to have togashi to return with a bang that is episode 131 ...
May 28, 2014 10:39 AM
Jan 2014
Let the hunt begin!

Man vs Nature. That's how HxH was suppose to be. Don't get me wrong, I do like different environments of Yorknew, Tower, and the others but we haven't really discovered anything besides the Chimera arc.

It's about damn time that Gon becomes a true pro hunter like Kite
May 28, 2014 10:54 AM
May 2014
Nikoka said:
I think Nanika may be a Gas-Lifeform or it's related to them in some way.
http://puu.sh/94Ygw/6ec9ac8ce5.jpg
Pay attention to the panel with with squashed up body parts.
http://puu.sh/94Y7P/93cfa6e007.jpg
What happens when someone refuses 3 of Alluka's requests. Looks incredibly similar to what we see in the lab does it not?
http://puu.sh/94YvV/40d8f7b08e.jpg
The Gas-Lifeforms appear to be capable of speech, we only see one of them saying the word "Ai". It is also the word Alluka says when she grants a wish (notice the あい kanji in both panels), it was translated as "Aye" or "Okay" by the people who translated the chapters in english.
http://i32.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/321/hunter-x-hunter-2734775.jpg
Silva insisting that he doesn't consider Alluka family.
http://i24.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/321/hunter-x-hunter-2734777.jpg
Were the Zoldycks part of an earlier expedition and brought Alluka back from the Dark Continent? "It is something that came from a different place. Something dark." Sounds like the Dark Continent to me.

Interesting observations. As I compare for myself maybe Silva wasn't referring to Alluka per se but her ability, Nanika. This is just speculation here but maybe like that hunter contracted immortality (which as far as diseases go is...interesting) maybe somehow Alluka contracted that Nen ability? Maybe they were part of an earlier expedition. Maybe when Alluka wasn't born and still a fetus inside Kikyo and something affected her child. A whole lot of possible things but the Zoldycks seem to be connected to this continent, So Killua could pop up again and more characterization for Alluka hopefully. Also still speculation but that gender confusion with Alluka thing might be more plot related than Togashi being an ambiguous tease.

And I'm gonna go out and say this will be darker than Chimera Ant arc.
May 28, 2014 10:56 AM
Jul 2018
Tsunn said:
And I'm gonna go out and say this will be darker than Chimera Ant arc.
Very likely. Hopefully not quite as long though, unless he can manage to keep releasing chapters for a few years straight.
May 28, 2014 11:06 AM

Dec 2011
I am glad that it is back... although I think the story from now won't be interesting, seeing as Gon and Ging actually met each other already, which has always been the goal and was fulfilled already.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2014 11:51 AM

Sep 2011
I'm not native english speaker, so i ask, was it "that" complex this chapter or there are translation issues?
May 28, 2014 12:19 PM

Feb 2008
Nidhoeggr said:

PS:

...I will just leave this uncommented.

I'll be happy if we get enough chapters till end of the year.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 340 Discussion ( 1 2 )

belatkuro - Mar 15, 2012

74 by Kmiisu »»
May 30, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 375 Discussion

Sytogre - Feb 23, 2018

22 by animalia »»
May 18, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 373 Discussion

wildhood - Feb 8, 2018

21 by animalia »»
May 18, 2:14 PM

» Chapter 401 will come out

georgecretuu1 - Mar 10, 2023

15 by ookami1stone »»
May 12, 4:51 PM

» Yoshihiro Togashi has started working on "Hunter x Hunter" again according to his latest tweet.

deg - May 1

17 by krilljeremiah1 »»
May 7, 9:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.