Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 1, 2014 10:30 PM

Jun 2013
Train wreck! Ruko drunk with power! Train wreck! Ruko drunk with power!

C'mon, I need this at this point. That's the only thing that will make this show satisfying.

Maybe it's just me, but everything up to this point has been utterly predictable. Of course losing 3 times had some catch, and the catch was as obvious as can be.

At least Tama's voice has started coming down from the stratosphere now that she's actually speaking...
-Trippwire-May 1, 2014 10:36 PM
May 1, 2014 10:41 PM

Feb 2014
If Ruuko doesn't end up being mentally unstable and a wacked out nut job that kills all the wishes of the other Selectors by the time this anime ends, I will be sorely disappointed.
に触
祟ら
りぬ
な神

May 1, 2014 11:18 PM

Mar 2013
Fuck yes Hitoe on that loner time now.
May 1, 2014 11:30 PM

Apr 2013
Corrupt a wish? That shit is dark. I like it.
May 1, 2014 11:56 PM

Aug 2013
Now this show is getting better.

I have a feeling that they will show the dark side of Tama (and possibly,Ruuko) on next episode.
May 2, 2014 1:30 AM

Dec 2010
Ru-ru can finally become Madoka. Or can she?

Darn you, Midoriko and Hanayo for keeping quiet about it. Are you really that selfish? Especially Midoriko, he was so selfish.

Btw, this is not Madoka, as for now(although it may become Madoka), it's C. This is why I knew what was the downside of Selector battles.
May 2, 2014 1:51 AM

Dec 2010
Finally! This is what I've been waiting for, the dark twist that helps pull the show together! Its sad that Hitoe lost her friends, but it is an ironic punishment for someone who desired contact. I like the sense of divine justice the show has. Provided it keeps up this atmosphere for from her on out, we should have a great show!
May 2, 2014 2:41 AM
Sep 2011
Considering the conditions, this game just doesnt seem worthwhile unless you carefully make a wish that doesnt have too much impact on your life if you lose.

Hitose's wish for example was pretty awful, it was something she could of easily achieved without the wish, and the tainted wish pretty much affects the rest of her life. Definitely not worth. Clearly the cards have a reason to be fighting, otherwise surely the green one woulda told her whats going to happen to her, and taht the risk reward for her wish simply didnt work out.

Overall, definitely not worth. They should either change their wishes, or get rid of their cards. The game isnt quite as borked as Madoka (cause well, you dont exactly die x.x), but it certainly isn't pretty or fair.

Unless you have one damn good reason for a wish (say if you were dying of cancer lol), no one in their right mind would play this game
pacifyMay 2, 2014 2:44 AM
May 2, 2014 2:48 AM
Feb 2008
This is stupid. You could just wish to die, lose intentionally and have eternal life.
May 2, 2014 2:50 AM
Sep 2011
Lirina said:
This is stupid. You could just wish to die, lose intentionally and have eternal life.

haha, i thought the same thing while I was watchin the episode. But in the end i discarded that notion, cause anime + logic = ??? ;d
May 2, 2014 4:07 AM

Jan 2013
Lirina said:

haha hold your horses :D
you cant lie about your wish , only honest wishes work
and if someone really wants to die then eternal life will be a panishment
May 2, 2014 5:11 AM

May 2013
My mind in this episode ;_____;

Seriously, I think the LRIG's have their reasons why they didn't say the consequences of 3 loses, oh come on, we are already in the dark side of this show. Hope that Ruko will beat Akira's ass next week 'cause she's sooo annoying.
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 2, 2014 5:24 AM

Nov 2013
Thats it?
I kinda expected more than wish reversal and memory loss, but w/e it fits.
May 2, 2014 5:43 AM
Jan 2010
akira is going to lose because she already won twice
ruuko will go full madoka and revise the rules of the game at the end
May 2, 2014 6:38 AM

Dec 2012
StardustReverie said:

I'm hoping for more of a Shin Sekai Yori ending myself ^_^
May 2, 2014 6:40 AM
Oct 2013
Okay this is officially going Madoka'd.
May 2, 2014 6:43 AM

Oct 2010
Lirina said:

Pretty sure someone said in an earlier ep that there are dire consequences for intentionally loosing.
May 2, 2014 6:50 AM

Jan 2013
StardustReverie said:

she cant do that -_- its already stated this ep that you cant use your wish to change the game or the result of it
and its hinted that ruuko has an evil nature bc she is like tama and tama only wants to battle and win (and who knows what after that )
May 2, 2014 6:57 AM

Jan 2011
"Let's tinkle together!"
I can't help but laugh at that line.

Pretty harsh to have your wish tainted.
May 2, 2014 7:28 AM

Apr 2012
Why is it only the bad guys have any sort of backbone?! No need to battle Just slap her silly! ^_^
May 2, 2014 7:34 AM

Mar 2014
Damn. I was expecting this, but not in this kind of way. This is deconstructing it's genre of card games, like what Puella Magi Madoka Magica did with Magical Girls. This is getting very, very good.

Hikigaya Hachiman said:
Hardwork betrays none, but dreams betray many.
May 2, 2014 7:45 AM

Nov 2012
there were 2 things that bothered me:
- why didn't hitoe just change her wish so that her "true" wish wouldn't get tainted?
- isn't it possible to reject battles? then all that drama wouldn't be necessary.
May 2, 2014 9:13 AM

Nov 2013
That was interesting o.o
And well.. yeah. 4/5
May 2, 2014 10:57 AM
May 2011
Joshua1207 said:
MarkusEA said:
Why can't the girls just flat out deny battling?
Like Ru in the end here. Don't battle the bitch, just slap her across the face and leave. That would be very satisfying, and I think that some kind of arrangement needs to be met when talking about Akira. A satisfactory slap is all I need. Or something of that kind.
You don't have to battle..
But I realize that it has to happen because that's how this anime works.
My only wish is for the forced battles to have a little more logic behind them.

Also you guys who tell us that this episode was "dark", you don't know what "dark" is :)

Ru-ru has been wanting to battle Aki-lucky for a while now. Even in the last episode Ru-ru herself says that she wants to battle Aki. Aki-lucky then challenges her and Ru-ru is already pissed off at her. How is that not logical that Ru-ru would accept?

That's true. I didn't think about it that way. But what I meant with logic is that Ru is giving Akira exactly what she wants. Which is kind of frustrating

Insanity lives deep within ourselves
May 2, 2014 2:51 PM
Jul 2018
Well, you can't undo wishes. So that actually removes the possibility of a BS reset ending because all the selectors will still be in their same states even if someone really does try to reset everything. and if they fail the world would probably end or something o.O

I'm trying to distance myself from the madoka comparisons, because I actually enjoy this show as an independent thing, but the LRIGs totally = Kyuubey.
May 2, 2014 3:01 PM

Nov 2013
Well, that's cruel. LRIGs should have told them of this rule, kind of unfair to the selectors.

Akira, go die, please. I hope Ruuko does fight her and finally shut her up.
May 2, 2014 4:37 PM

Mar 2012
Redraft said:
Damn. I was expecting this, but not in this kind of way. This is deconstructing it's genre of card games, like what Puella Magi Madoka Magica did with Magical Girls. This is getting very, very good.
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX have done it before Madoka even do it. Just saying.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 2, 2014 4:49 PM

Mar 2014
NeoAnkara said:
Redraft said:

I see. I haven't really seen any of the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise, those hairdo are quite appalling to me.

Hikigaya Hachiman said:
May 2, 2014 6:00 PM
Jul 2009
Redraft said:

The problem is - it just copies the same patterns and adds some cards franchise so the creators might get the additional income. From my point of view it's pretty lame, even though anime ain't the worst.
May 2, 2014 6:07 PM

Mar 2012
Skrzydlaty said:
Redraft said:

The problem is - it just copies the same patterns and adds some cards franchise so the creators might get the additional income. From my point of view it's pretty lame, even though anime ain't the worst.
It's not like Madoka the first to do it anyways.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 2, 2014 7:03 PM

Jul 2013
the surprising twist was predictable but if you think about it it's pretty horrible too. so if yuzuki loses 3 times then kazuki's gonna hate her forever. harsh.

i wonder why the lrigs didn't say anything about wishes becoming tainted (they mentioned losing your memory and losing your player rights if you lost in the 1st episode) because that's a huge secret to keep from the selectors. why only keep that 1 fact hidden from the players?

hope ruuko destroys akira which will probably happen since the lrigs are making a huge fuss about tama but obviously something bad will come from that.

also, ruuko needs to grow a backbone. she should've slapped akira when akira was insulting hitoe instead of saying something as dumb as "take that back or else i won't forgive you" because akira doesn't care since she doesn't have a conscience. hopefully, their battle will be a punch in the gut to akira.

this show's getting really interesting now. looking forward to watching more
orchidorkMay 2, 2014 7:12 PM
May 2, 2014 7:21 PM

Jun 2013
Not being able to make friends ever again? Dang that's harsh :(
I hope Akira gets beaten down badly.
If you feel attacked, you're part of the problem.

Even if things are painful and tough, people should appreciate what it means to be alive at all. — Yato
May 2, 2014 8:33 PM
Sep 2010
This is totally giving out that Modoka feel
May 2, 2014 9:08 PM

Nov 2013
Redraft said:
NeoAnkara said:
Redraft said:

I see. I haven't really seen any of the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise, those hairdo are quite appalling to me.

They show off the card effects, too >3>
Even tho its longer.
May 2, 2014 10:18 PM

Jan 2013
If Akira drops, I also might drop this.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
May 2, 2014 10:27 PM

Dec 2013
kinda want the brother-sister relationship to work out
May 2, 2014 10:50 PM

Mar 2014
NeoAnkara said:
Skrzydlaty said:
Redraft said:

It's not like Madoka the first to do it anyways.

Yup. Princess Tutu was basically the first Mahou Shoujo desconstruction, and Narutaru the first poke/digimon desconstruction (or even REconstruction, Shin Megami Tensei is from the mid eighties, after all...).
Not talking about Evangelion and Bokurano, who are mecha desconstructions...

Madoka is very good plotwise and all that jazz, just not THAT original, like some people think...
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
May 2, 2014 11:47 PM

Apr 2011
Akira needs to be punched in her fucking twat, stomach, and throat. Karma is coming at 60mph and it weights 240 tons! I pray Ru lays a smack-down on this cunt!
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
May 3, 2014 1:21 AM

Jun 2009
Ruu-Ruu is going to destroy Aki-Lucky.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2014 1:58 AM

May 2010
Ok now we learned what happens to the girls after loosing three times BUT i wished for something more to tell the truth. I agree with the others that the series is getting darker now. I hope the upcoming episodes will keep being so interesting ;)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2014 3:12 AM

Mar 2014
Skrzydlaty said:
Redraft said:

The only think similar about the two shows is the deconstruction of their respective main genres and how dark they are, and believe me, Madoka was much much more darker.

Hikigaya Hachiman said:
May 3, 2014 3:28 AM

Oct 2010
Redraft said:
The only think similar about the two shows is the deconstruction of their respective main genres and how dark they are, and believe me, Madoka was much much more darker.

Shame the
ruined it all. Plus all the characters in Madoka were (imo) cardboard cut outs, I already like (and like to hate) the main girls in WIXOSS way more than their Madoka counterparts. Madoka's darkness is (again, imo) more shock factor than actual darkness.
May 3, 2014 4:44 AM

Feb 2007
Ledgem said:
PoisonedTea said:
But Hitoe's card could have told her.

I agree, this is a somewhat weak point of the story at the moment. People are theorizing that the cards didn't reveal this information to their Selectors because there's something in it for them if the Selector continues to battle and wins. I wondered if there was some form of punishment for them if they spilled too much information. Yet Midoriko seemed content to never battle again and even urged Hitoe to discard him/her a few times. Hanayo also seemed to have little issue with telling Yuzuki about what would happen, so the punishment theory seems to be out.

Earlier episodes hinted at more information about the LRIGs that hasn't been revealed yet, so perhaps Midoriko's unwillingness to tell Hitoe straight what would happen until their final moments will seem more fitting later on.

Well, the punishment theory is still possible, Hanayo only spilled the beans once Yuzuki had seen the result on Hitoe. Midoriko was doing all she could without actually saying what would happen, so there must have been a reason why she couldn't say any more. Possibly your punishment theory, possibly something else, but there are clearly some rules governing what the LRIG can reveal or not. Midoriko and Hanayo also seem to know something important about Tama, as seen in the previous episode, but keeping that to themselves as well.

Fabris said:
Yup. Princess Tutu was basically the first Mahou Shoujo desconstruction...

*looks it up* 2002? Nope, Sailor Nothing is still earlier than that.
May 3, 2014 4:59 AM
Feb 2013
Well, that's it for Hitoe.
May 3, 2014 5:54 AM

Apr 2012
Annnnnd this series just got a whole lot better (though I was already enjoying it plenty before).

When Ruuko pushed that bitch Aki-Lucky into the wall, I was like "Finally! Just kick her ass already!" I'm really, really liking the direction this is going in.

Also, it'd be nice if people would stop posting Madoka spoilers everywhere.

May 3, 2014 6:02 AM

Apr 2013
It's time to teach this bitch a lesson.
May 3, 2014 6:03 AM

Mar 2012
Where is my Shotgun?, i want to shoot Akira to death.

Poor Hitoe.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
May 3, 2014 6:03 AM

Feb 2014
Aki-Lucky...I really want to cut off this bitch woman tongue.

I hope Ruuko beat Aki-Lucky, but i really have an uneasy feeling that Ruuko might ended up lost against Aki-Lucky(the preview have Ruuko kinda bedridden).
May 3, 2014 8:01 AM

Jun 2012
What a flawed system

1) Wish for something negative
2) Lose three times
3) ???
4) Profit
May 3, 2014 10:33 AM
Jan 2011
This anime has quite the potential but it felt rushed and I really don't like the incest theme...
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

250 by JustHarris34 »»
Feb 13, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

249 by Homurice »»
Jan 14, 4:13 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

272 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 10:58 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

97 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 8:23 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

82 by Myabyelo789N »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.