Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 16, 2013 12:28 PM

May 2012
This last episode made me cry... maybe because I'm flashing forward to having to say goodbye to so many of my friends when they graduate college this year.
Good solid series. I have to give it a 7 if only for the overall quality and slow/nonmoving patches in the art.
Apr 20, 2013 10:30 PM

Aug 2012
An excellent slice of life!

I enjoyed the humor and the atmosphere was great. Also, hair brushing.
Apr 21, 2013 4:12 PM

Jan 2013
Monde11 said:
Just finished watching this, I enjoyed it a lot more than Yuru Yuri, it's sad that this won't get another season it was really entertaining and I don't dislike a single character at all ;_;

I agree so much with that! >.< I thought all the characters were really cool and unique, and it would have been cool to see more of their personalities revealed. T_T
Apr 30, 2013 5:50 AM

Dec 2011
It was fun while it lasted. The anime art was cute and the characters were all lovable. I love SOL animes!
May 10, 2013 6:24 AM
Apr 2013
Just finished watching this show and was amazed at just how the whole series felt. There was such a relaxing feel throughout coupled with a genuinely enjoyable MC, I loved every episode.

I just wish this show could have gone on for longer, they passed a whole year in the space of a few episode while still somehow making me feel like I was saying goodbye to friends during the graduation ceremony. I would hate to know how I would feel if this show lasted 24.
May 12, 2013 8:08 AM

Apr 2012
MoeXtreme said:
AndyRayy said:
'Tis a common mistake non-slice of life fans have when it comes to shows like this. The point isn't to make you laugh; otherwise, they'd suck so much ass.

They're meant to simply be relaxing and easy to watch. Kind of like a wind-down before you go to bed or something.

Let me rephrase my line,
For a SoL+comedy combo, this is one of..(what i said earlier)

Ah, I see.

I'd argue that this partgicular show isn't trying to be a comedy/slice of life combination. Yes, It does have comedic elements, but I don't feel it's trying to go for that approach as its style.

It would seem that you have not watched Hidamari Sketch, but that show is almost exactly like this one (except more toned down and slice of life-y). It's made me laugh a number of occasions, but I still don't classify it as comedy show.

It just seems wrong to me to group Gj-Bu with something like Nichijou, Lucky Star, or School Rumble which are constantly throwing gag after gag at you.

MoeXtreme said:
AndyRayy said:
Also, a 6 is a disappointing score for you? I rated this a 5 and that's still pretty good to me.

This depends on how the person wants to grade animes I'm a generous grader, I easily give 10/10 to lots of animes. By looking at your list, you seems to be a harsh grader when you don't even want to give 10/10 to your favorite animes.

Indeed, ratings do vary widely, I see.

My scores are based on possible rewatch value as well as my overall assessment of it (in the future if I don't remember much of a show, I use those numbers to give me an idea of what shows I would most like to rewatch as well as a quick little reason).

As much as I'd like to give my favorites perfect scores, I still don't consider them perfectly rewatchable or the best thing ever made or anything like that. I just have this connection to something like Chuunibyou (Season II Baby!!!) moreso than to something some may consider objectively better like Swort Art Online or Guilty Crown Steins;Gate.

But to each his own, I'd say. Either way, I fucking love Gj-Bu.

May 14, 2013 4:03 PM
May 2013
Ahh, another SOL series finished. Sad to see it end but I loved all the Shion and Kirara bits. :p

Edit: Oh and definitely the Mori-san spins (so moe ;_;) Shame on me for forgetting them.
ParthenuxMay 14, 2013 9:28 PM
May 23, 2013 4:22 PM

Jul 2011
Oh boy, I was pleasantly surprised by this show! Loved the art, the characters, the humor, the OP and EDs... really sad this ended so soon!
Jun 12, 2013 9:18 PM

Jun 2012
this show did really turn out better then I thought even after starting it I had my doubts but it was worth it. sadly I read it was really close to the novel which ended so there probably will be no sequel to it. the ending was pretty good only disappointed that Kyouya or Mao didn't confess even if I was not hoping for them to get together it was obvious so I expected at least the confession but still 8/10.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Jul 1, 2013 1:50 PM

Oct 2012
Fun anime to watch. It's pretty relaxing watching it too.

Though I'd actually like a little romance involved....like maybe Mao or Megumi get together with Kyouya. That would have been sweet.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Aug 4, 2013 10:14 AM

Mar 2008
so much for happy ending! but turned out to be disappointing end..... 7/10
Aug 12, 2013 12:57 PM

Jun 2013
Damn, I'm a sucker for that ending. Oh well, at least Season 2 is coming up soon.

9/10
Aug 15, 2013 1:55 PM

Aug 2013
Any other anime that had this type, I would stop watching halfway through, but for some reason this anime kept calling me back to watch it. I don't know if its the Kawaii art style or the funny moments but I will remember this. I would of loved it if they added a tiny bit of romance between Megumi and Kyoro, even if it would be at the very last episodes final minutes. But hey, material for season 2 right here. =)

Also Kyoro is by far one of my most favorite MC`s. =)

Episode 5/5
Anime 8/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2013 1:56 PM

Aug 2013
ValiantHero said:
Damn, I'm a sucker for that ending. Oh well, at least Season 2 is coming up soon.

9/10

What? where? How? Info? Huh? O_O
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2013 2:19 AM
Jul 2018
Ahh that was a nice cute series which I did enjoy at the moments.

I decided to watch this series after seeing a Megumi meme labeled I will kill you so hard you will die to death. but her voice was not what I expected thats for sure.

Also that OP got me everything lol.

7/10 from me.
Nov 25, 2013 3:15 PM

Oct 2012
Heartwarming and calm funny series, I had good times watching it. The ending left me asking for more but wasn't bad, overall. I like those characters, I really do. Hopefully, this spring we get second season.
(though it's shame Kirara, Shion and Mao left - Shion was the best girl)

7/10
Dec 6, 2013 7:25 AM

Oct 2012
Aw that graduation song, made me sad :(
Such a shame the imouto(s) couldn't there to watch their graduation

I heard there'll be season 2
But I don't know what kind of stories in that, especially after these 3 girls' graduation
"Signature removed"
Dec 13, 2013 12:10 AM

Jan 2013
That ending was kinda sad, why do they have to graduate?! T_T Still a nice ending though...Also, Shion ftw!
Dec 27, 2013 11:30 AM

Jun 2012
Very nice ending to a solid anime. Shion was the best girl. Too bad the romance was just a cock tease through the whole ride.

8/10
Looking forward to the OVA.
Dec 27, 2013 3:36 PM

Mar 2012
Sad to see this show end. All of the characters were very likable. Show was surprisingly funny. It was a good thing I picked this up again after dropping it half way through the first episode last year.
The ending graduation was excellent, I could feel what Kyolo felt. :( Reminded me of the graduation episode in Sakurasou.
Episode is 5/5. Overall was very good! 8/10

Looking forward to the sequel, too bad it was announced to be a special rather than another season. But I'll get to see these awesome characters again.
ninja88880Dec 27, 2013 8:51 PM
Jan 8, 2014 6:54 PM

Aug 2010
This show was fun and relaxing to watch. Definitely one of the better slice of life shows.

Overall 7/10
Jan 18, 2014 1:30 AM

Apr 2009
To be honest, this was the first anime of its kind that I've survived all the way through. I was surprised by how much it reeled me in, especially the second half of the series. Loved all the characters in their own way. Glad to see those spins in the last episode. ;)

8/10 from me.
Feb 22, 2014 6:23 AM

Mar 2013
9/10 It was really good i enjoyed this show a lot and i will never forget on what i learned from this so much it taught me many things and it taught me to keep moving forward thanks GJ Bu members arigado gonzaimasu Minna...
Mar 1, 2014 11:18 AM

Dec 2012
A short series but I'll miss it every bit :( Going to especially miss Mao and Megumi.

8/10
Mar 19, 2014 3:31 PM

Feb 2013
Awe....I'm really sad this is over. This was a surprising gem of a show.

8/10
Apr 21, 2014 10:23 AM

Dec 2012
Not going to lie that ending was so sad.. Love this show. Ended great (: 8/10
May 21, 2014 8:13 AM

May 2012
Elite60 said:
At least Kirara got the brush on the last episode. Will miss this one. I hope they make some nendroids. I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

^^ Absolutely! This was such a brilliant show. It was so simple and easy going. This is a real slice of life for me, no school festivals and over the top love interests, just sitting around in a club room hanging out, I love it!
Jun 1, 2014 1:54 PM

May 2012
Pretty great ending I must say, quite loved this whole series as it had a really lovely set of characters and a great pacing! Together with some really nice atmosphere and hilarious moments this sure made it a great anime to marathon this night! So let's see what the special has to offer but as far as this series goes a solid 9/10 for me!
Jul 6, 2014 1:03 AM

Jun 2014
I'm so sad to see this show go. It seriously tugged on my heartstrings the whole way through and reminded me heavily of my own experiences in highschool and early on in college. Which made this last episode extra tough for me because it echoed my own graduation from highschool... I'm barely holding back the tears.
9/10 because a little more character development would have been nice.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jul 8, 2014 1:03 PM
May 2014
Not gonna lie. Mao ruined it for me.
Aug 10, 2014 10:58 PM

Jun 2011
Second half of the episode was really good, too bad the entire series up to that point range from average to bad. Another graduation in anime, they always make me sad. ): I am kinda interested in how Kyoro will run the GJ club from now on without the 3 senpais.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 13, 2014 12:36 AM

Feb 2014
Another great show that ended way too soon. At first I thought this was going to be another moeblob high school comedy with the same recycled archetypes, but instead every character on the show was unique, refreshing and fun to watch. It a nice relaxing atmosphere, the pacing was also very good, and none of the jokes fell flat, which is quite rare for me.
Nov 21, 2014 1:36 AM
Aug 2014
An alright watch, didn't get me on the floor rollin, but I did laugh at a few parts. 8/10
Dec 23, 2014 1:16 AM

Oct 2013
It's finally over. Felt like a lifetime tbh, even though it only took two days to finish.
Feb 4, 2015 10:37 AM

Apr 2014
This anime didn't really do anything too groundbreaking, but overall it was a fun slice of life. The characters were fairly likable for the most part, and this ending felt satisfying to conclude the club's final days. Really had me laughing pretty hard at some parts.

7/10
Mar 3, 2015 5:39 PM
Sep 2014
Dragonith said:
This anime didn't really do anything too groundbreaking, but overall it was a fun slice of life. The characters were fairly likable for the most part, and this ending felt satisfying to conclude the club's final days. Really had me laughing pretty hard at some parts.

Exactly, even though it has one of worst MC ever, his voice actor was terrible, it felt like he didnt want to do it at all. Like he was bored all the time. Even though it was nice change from normal MC's when they are energetic or complete opposite, this guy was something 3rd, and that is not in the middle. Idk how to explain.
Mar 25, 2015 7:27 PM

Dec 2013
aw, cute ending! And I was wondering what will happen to the club after the three girls graduated. Are they going to recruit more members?

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Mar 16, 2016 9:16 PM

Jul 2015
This series always made me smile even though it seemed childish at times. I'd never skip the intro because that's how funky it was- it would always set the pace of the episode like, oh yeah this is gj-bu! Cute final ep 7/10
May 3, 2016 8:31 AM

Apr 2015
Wait did it just end like that? No confessing? After all those signs this is how its ending? 0.0 Well unexpected tbh but oh well 6.5/10.
Jul 17, 2016 4:56 PM

Jun 2013
It was alright but it could've been better. It kinda reminds me of Seitokai no ichizon with the exception of the MC and the story. The MC in this one is quite annoying with his bland and dull personality but then again this is common in anime. 6/10
Sep 28, 2016 11:39 PM

May 2014
Wow, this anime was amazing. They absolutely nailed school-club comedy. The art direction, man... the best moe I've ever seen. The saturated colours, the characters designs, the faces, the eyes, the closeups on the faces and eyes. The pouts, the mischievous looks. The art direction and character design is at the absolute top of what I appreciate in an anime. The character interactions and even small developments were fantastic and on-point.

For me, this is an easy 10/10. Enjoying an anime is one thing, but it's something special when an anime can make you feel so at peace and happy, laughing out loud to the jokes and gags, and moving side-to-side with the OP and ED. This anime is incredible!
Dec 11, 2016 7:49 AM

Sep 2016
Truly a beautiful Anime, nothing earth-shattering, but still fun and enjoyable, ripping many laughs ^ _ ^ ^ _ ^
Feb 23, 2017 2:28 PM
Feb 2017
Loved this anime. Every chracter is lovable and it is really peaceful. Although it was all comedy, the idea of the group seperating made me kinda sad and it shows how school life is a memorable experience.
Apr 6, 2017 4:03 AM

Aug 2009
with all the others gone now i can safely say that i ship kyolo & megu <3

well my eyes sweated a bit during gj graduation ;_;

time to wrap it up with the OVA
Dec 13, 2018 3:38 PM

May 2018
Why I don't found it earlier ? Why must 5 years later ? This is the type of anime that I really love. Just like the name, this anime is a Good Job !
Jun 8, 2019 12:41 AM

May 2017
Just love teased tama lol
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Jan 21, 2020 1:17 AM

Oct 2019
I've actually never heard of this SoL Anime. Which is quite a shame - I enjoyed pretty much every second of it. The character designs were cute as well, which is always a plus in these type of shows.

Kind of bummed out, it is already over. I don't seem to be able to find the OVA anywhere (not even some kind of DVD) - which is a shame. Probably speaks for itself, that the anime didn't sell well apparently.

There seems to be the fully subbed episode in spanish on youtube of all places, but nothing else.

Well it was a fun ride and I really enjoyed this show for what it is.
Apr 21, 2020 7:24 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
From a strange start, because it did not include the real beginning of Kyoro's arrest (first joined to the club), it ended with a very touching scenes, the ceremonial graduation. I can't believed, this twelve episodes full of meaning, from weird start, til touchable moment in the end, how can this show never exist before. Maube im just too dumb for not seeing this show before, but well, now im proud to myself wathing this in the end. This is the uniqueness of the GJ-club. SoL with a very spectacular variety of seasonings, a very unique one. With so many cute girls appear, with so much personality they had, it was very surprising when they managed to keep all the relationships clean and clear, without any significant movement, in the end.

Yeah, i know, a hot temptation must be refer explicit somewhere, but thats not the true meaning of this show right? This is GJ, yes, so GJ. Now they need to move their fucking mind, cause the show really end, and ofc my heart shall be move on from this entire piece of miracle. Keeping all of that random thing still random and no conclusion really get a miracle, i smile. Even all that random really got my attention, thats not mean they actually forgot the main dished. Kyoro, still the shine star of this show. He make this show a differ, compare to another SoL general type of show. His act really be the strength, not even mention to the maid and the little sisters too, but, his appearance really changed all of my judgement.

Like i said in the start, the strongest point becomes a real challenge for continuations. So what can i expect in the next? I guessed not much, i believed this twelved episodes shall be known as finished story. Like other amazing story of the show, the happy ending one really suit this show as well. Im glad, i dont get wrong decision. Since the sequel still there, i may come to see it when i had enough time and the video to watch it. Its pretty hard to get it in my country here, so no need to rushing time. In the end, like every comment in the previous show, my stats point here really be my personal justification. It all depends on your characteristic. Since i love this type of the show, and i really like the explicit romance content that sometime appear, and how cute all girls there, i must show my gratitude point to 10.

However, i shall say my dislike too. In this point, i dislike how ignorant and silly the main lead male feeling to a certain girl. And my rage come to no explanations toward some mystery part which is until now still unclear for me, weell, its okaay! This show really need to pointed out every side plot to the explicit resolution, eh? Okay, i get it. SoL-Comedy ftw, right?

Thats all. I may called myself as a dumb jealous cunt. Whatever, this show jad a great moment while it last, and i very gratitude for seeing all of this. So, my final thought, 9 for overall, and 10 points for other aspect section such as story, and else.

GJ!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 23, 2020 5:42 PM

Mar 2019
I enjoyed the anime and ending alot, 8/10 for me.

Plus best girl finally got the brush.

May 3, 2021 1:21 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Graduation episodes... that was so sad, I'm so sad this anime is over, I really loved it, one of the most relaxing and cutest anime I've seen in a while!
8/10
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Some Indonesian Language Words in this Anime ^^

dera_mochimazui - Feb 20, 2013

16 by sillycoffecatof7 »»
Jun 26, 4:13 PM

Poll: » GJ-bu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Mar 6, 2013

70 by bakakisima »»
Jan 14, 7:28 AM

Poll: » GJ-bu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Feb 27, 2013

67 by bakakisima »»
Jan 14, 7:05 AM

Poll: » GJ-bu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Jan 23, 2013

71 by bakakisima »»
Jan 13, 9:21 AM

Poll: » GJ-bu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Jan 9, 2013

99 by bakakisima »»
Jan 13, 5:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.