Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 26, 2014 12:37 AM

Oct 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Barto you better protect Rebecca!!! but Diamante please do continue to what you were saying

Leo!!! 。゚( ゚இωஇ゚)゚。

Soldier-san, can't wait to see his true form!!!
247EyesFeb 26, 2014 1:13 AM
Feb 26, 2014 1:08 AM

Mar 2012
Holy...Rebecca is only 16?! O.o She's three years younger than Luffy! Not sure if this was mentioned earlier and I didn't catch it, but this did genuinely surprise me.

But wow, things are really starting connect with Mr. Soldier, the Colosseum, and Doflamingo.
Feb 26, 2014 1:11 AM
Dec 2011
Soldier-san is the famous gladiator. i have to admit that i didn't see that one coming, but i'm quite excited about it. So, let's say that the Tontatta and Usoop managed to defeat Sugar, which i'm sure they will, we will finally see the legendary gladiator's face.
And Bartolomeo better protect Rebecca.
It was a great chapter in my opinion, and i quite liked the little flashback between Rebecca and the toy, but i'm a bit disappointed because we didn't get to see what is happening to either Sanji or Luffy's side :(
Feb 26, 2014 1:12 AM

May 2013
Things are really starting to get good, Mr. Soldier is really Curos!?

Lets hope Barto steps in soon.
Feb 26, 2014 1:12 AM

Oct 2009
XPwnDEnd said:
Holy...Rebecca is only 16?! O.o She's three years younger than Luffy! Not sure if this was mentioned earlier and I didn't catch it, but this did genuinely surprise me.

But wow, things are really starting connect with Mr. Soldier, the Colosseum, and Doflamingo.

it wasn't but i don't think its all that surprising, what did surprise me was that Mr. Soldier was Kyros
Feb 26, 2014 1:14 AM

Dec 2012
Lol at Sabo getting Bartolomeo's name wrong. Didn't expect the Toy Solider to be the famous gladiator Kyros.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Feb 26, 2014 1:23 AM

Mar 2012
AnimationQueen said:
XPwnDEnd said:

it wasn't but i don't think its all that surprising, what did surprise me was that Mr. Soldier was Kyros

Mr. Soldier's true identity did surprise me too. For some reason though, I always thought Rebecca was older. I guess now that I slow down and think about, 16 does make sense with her back story.
Feb 26, 2014 1:25 AM

May 2012
nice Sabo you sure knows who to protect..

Feb 26, 2014 1:30 AM
Sep 2013
Speechless...that back-ground music used during the walk to the Arlong Park was playing in my mind all that time while I was reading the chapter...some did predict soldier san to be Kyros (or Curos?) but still it was really great to get that truth...20 years ago? Would I be wrong if I say that Kyros was a part of the legendary crew of Gol D. Roger? Keeping fingers crossed. Hail Kyros, hail the tontattas, hail Rebecca. Sabo has taken the lead. Hail Sabo. Combustible glue man vs Usopp? Great chapter. Probably the best in this arc. Really making me worry about my own comics project but again also encouraging me to go with my passion. Thank you Oda.
On another note, HOW CAN A 32 YEAR OLD WOMAN BE THIS CUTE? As the former right hnd gal of Crocodile, she should know how Doflamingo operates.
Feb 26, 2014 1:34 AM

Dec 2012
Great chapter. Nice to see that these last couple chapters haven't just been randomly shifting between the various groups and instead have kept to 1 central plot point. Can't say that the Toy Soldier being Kyros wasn't surprising but I kind of expected Kyros to be revealed to be tied to some character or come into the story eventually since he seemed suspiciously important.
Feb 26, 2014 1:35 AM

Jun 2011
Well damn, no wonder he's strong even in his toy form, but, I don't think he's strong enough to take down DD, and I wonder who gave Kyros that one slash, Diamante probably?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 26, 2014 1:35 AM

Feb 2012
Solider-san is Kyros?? One Piece with the big plays this week. I can tell when this chapter gets animated the episode will make me really sad. Rebecca yelling at Solider-san was hard to read (not in a bad way).
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Feb 26, 2014 1:36 AM
Nov 2012
So the Toy Soldier is Kyros, the strongest gladiator in history. I hope we'll get to see him in human form at full strength.
Feb 26, 2014 1:53 AM

Mar 2013
Someone please tell me how a sweet little girl like sugar turns the strongest gladiator in to a toy.

he couldn't have been that strong to begin with or his competition before hand was a joke.
Feb 26, 2014 1:55 AM

Aug 2011
Man those dwarfs are idiots :D
Now seriously... Kyros didn't surprise me, but it's always good to have it confirmed... Now we almost got all pieces on their place and battles set up. Only ones left are Luffy who needs to face DD and Kinemon who will probably come to Ussop's and Robin's place while searching for Kanjuro and aid them with Trebol and Sugar.
Feb 26, 2014 1:57 AM

May 2013
facade63 said:
Someone please tell me how a sweet little girl like sugar turns the strongest gladiator in to a toy.

he couldn't have been that strong to begin with or his competition before hand was a joke.

i bet he either lose to doflamingo or his wife got kidnap and he need to give himself up.
Feb 26, 2014 2:18 AM
Aug 2013
Ok usopp time to man up. If he completes his mission then chaos will ensure all over the island which makes things easier for the other teams.
Feb 26, 2014 2:33 AM

Jul 2013
It was pretty obvious that Mr Soldier was Kyros if you consider that Rebecca says at the start of the arc that no one remembers whether Kyros existed or not or when the statue was made (meaning he is currently a toy), and Mr Soldier is pretty much the only major toy character in the arc.

But wow, Rebecca is 16? Wut. Even pre-timeskip Nami was older than that and she looked far younger. Sorry Oda, but when you draw them that well-stacked no one is going to believe they are 16!

Good chapter though. Hilarious how the Tontatta are so gullible, and love how they have so much faith in Kyros. Good chapter, 4/5.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2014 2:40 AM

Oct 2010
facade63 said:

Kyros fights against Doflamingo, is defeated, then Trebol immobilizes him and Sugar uses her magic. Here, an easy solution. It's not that Sugar is weak anyway.

I didn't quite like this chapter, though. The emotional exposition was kind of disappointing and overall it felt like a transition... not even the reveal was surprising in any way. Still, I'm looking forward to the next chapter. If it's focused on the factory part, things will probably get very intense and I hope that Usopp will finally decide to act. But being Oda, I guess he'll change the focus to Pica :D
jal90Feb 26, 2014 2:51 AM
Feb 26, 2014 2:47 AM

Nov 2011
Hmm this episode jumped around a bit to much for me to really enjoy. We were at one place then we were at another then back to the other one I dunno it really felt over done.
3/5
Feb 26, 2014 2:57 AM

Feb 2013
That is some great chapter! And Pika seems to be having some trouble ^^
Feb 26, 2014 3:24 AM

Jan 2014
Loved this chapter, I'm getting pumped to see Mr. Soldier go all out and I really want to see Usopp and Robin team up in a fight so I hope that happens.
Feb 26, 2014 3:58 AM

Jun 2013
oh, I knew that Soldier was Rebecca's Father, But he Was Also Curos!? So Legendary Gladiator was Going to Be next King OF this Country, If Mingo had not Happened. He is Really Cool Tough.

Barto, DON'T ASK STUPID QUESTIONS AND JUST DO WHAT YOUR SENPAI IS TELLING YOU AND PROTECT REBECCA!!!!
O.o Is Diamente Going to Tell Rebecca The Truth!? Well If they think taht She Will be Killed, then They ARe just like Normal Bad Guys that Like To Talk About their Plans and Bask in So Called Brilliance of Their Plans....Just BEFORE THAT PLAN IS RUINED TOTALLY!!! XD

And Leo's Loyalty and The Other Tonttanas too...I really, Really Love Those Dwarfs!!!! T.T *Tears of Happiness* BUT DAMMIT LEO!!! THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN ONLY TIME TO LEARN HOW TO KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!!! Plans are now (ANd I Really Mean ALL OF THEM) Competently Ruined... How they Get That Chili in Sugar, I really don't know....
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Feb 26, 2014 4:10 AM

Jul 2013
After watching this week's episode 634 I was sure that they were going to explain who Kuros was. And the fact that noone remembered him proved that he might be a toy. So, it was the Toy Soldier a.k.a. Rebecca's father... I am looking forward to seeing his Human form
Feb 26, 2014 4:35 AM

Mar 2013
Well I had predicting this for a few weeks now so its no big surprise to me, but overall an ok chapter, I'm guessing after next week's chapter oda will take a break , I realize he takes breaks every 3 weeks.
Feb 26, 2014 4:37 AM
Jul 2018
Thought the title chapter was referring to Captain Usopp and that he'd step up this week. Maybe next week.
Feb 26, 2014 4:49 AM
Oct 2013
AnimationQueen said:
XPwnDEnd said:

Really, like really that surprised you?

I stated it just a few days ago when the latest one piece episode came out.
You don´t need to be Bruce wayne to combine that.

Kyros never lost he only got hit once.

Hint no 1. Rebecca isn´t getting hurt either when she fights because that´s how her fightning style works( never get hurt ), which was told to her by Mr. Soldier.

Hint no 2. Greatest of all warriors surpases even the old king Rebecca likes the statue she doesn´t know why but she kinda feels good (safe?) when watching it.

Hint no 3. The soldier explained that he´s Rebeccas true father, it was mentioned that only people considered dangerous transformed into toys to make people forgett about them.

Hint no 4. People don´t remember the former people after their transformation into toys, no one remembers Kyros neither does Rebecca remember her father.

Hint no 5. Oda never introduced some badass character that exist "somehwere" to not show him.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1071393&pages=1&show=0#msg28924703
Feb 26, 2014 4:50 AM

Aug 2013
XPwnDEnd said:

I'm guessing she is older than 16 because that was a flashback.
Feb 26, 2014 4:58 AM
Oct 2013
Minagatachi said:
It was pretty obvious that Mr Soldier was Kyros if you consider that Rebecca says at the start of the arc that no one remembers whether Kyros existed or not or when the statue was made (meaning he is currently a toy), and Mr Soldier is pretty much the only major toy character in the arc.

But wow, Rebecca is 16? Wut. Even pre-timeskip Nami was older than that and she looked far younger. Sorry Oda, but when you draw them that well-stacked no one is going to believe they are 16!

Good chapter though. Hilarious how the Tontatta are so gullible, and love how they have so much faith in Kyros. Good chapter, 4/5.

Ok please why is everyone so surprised about it?

First check the chest of her aunt violet my assumption is good genes. Imo the whole Riku family would fit perfectly for this job:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAxzpTX8aHw

Second it´s an Manga/Anime if he doesn´t do the pedophiles a favor he loses a big part of his audience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFUI02fPEgQ

Skip to the part where he compares reality to Anime because he has a point.
IsterioFeb 26, 2014 5:02 AM
Feb 26, 2014 5:06 AM

Jun 2010
That was a good chapter but come on! When will we see the crew in action. Usopp needs to man the fuck up and bring out Sogeking to fight Trevor or Sugar.
Feb 26, 2014 5:28 AM

Feb 2014
Well, nothing surprised me about Kyros is actually Toy Soldier, already predicted that long ago... The chapter is good.
It is not complaining to this chapter, but to those damn Tontatta....Really, it is fun being weirdly innocent, but when in important situation like that, somehow it pissed me off. No wonder they became slaves. Hard for me to put empathy on them.
Rebecca just didn't realize how weak she is(mental and power)... She want to kill Doffy but didn't dare to use sharp blade even on Diamante. I bet even if she eat Mera2, she not even dare to use Hiken(with assumption she can). Great for her that "Lucy" there ordered Musclemelon to protect her. XD
Still wait for Luffy - Zoro vs Pica
Feb 26, 2014 6:29 AM
Sep 2012
Snot noise is strong, he may not look attractive, but he is strong. Dam these dwarfs and there gullability, I could just kill them, it is not cute anymore.

So Diamanate killed Rebecca's mother, okay I wonder if this is strategy just to throw off her game, and if these people approve of that, they are sick, the GMG audiance are look way more better than these people. I wouldn't cry if the whole stadium blow up, these spectators deserve it.

I knew Kyros was going to come into play eventully, there has to be a reason forgot about him but built him a statue anyone, funny they just mentioned on the anime. I can't wait for him to be turned back to normal I bet he looks awesome.
Feb 26, 2014 7:07 AM

Apr 2009
Aas a non-hardcore fan, i didn't expect that.

Kyros being in Gold D Roger's crew would be an awesome theory

can't wait to see him in real life human form :)
I think Sanji should fight that bold old karate man. He also fights with the legs.
Feb 26, 2014 7:26 AM

Nov 2013
Mr Soldier is Curos, not a big surprise I'd say. But now I understand why Mr soldier is acting different from the other toys, he was the first one and Sugar didn't know she had to make a contract.

What if Luffy and Sabo give Curos the Mera Mera no mi to protect his country?
Feb 26, 2014 7:56 AM
Jul 2013
I can appreciate this chapter, one thing is bothering me tho, why the fuck does Oda incest on making Usopp look weak as fuck every time he appears on the Manga?
Feb 26, 2014 8:34 AM

Jun 2013
Meh, saw that from a mile away
Feb 26, 2014 8:34 AM

Jan 2014
MShukyDeneuve said:
Rebecca just didn't realize how weak she is(mental and power)... She want to kill Doffy but didn't dare to use sharp blade even on Diamante.
Still wait for Luffy - Zoro vs Pica

While I don't doubt that Rebecca is fighting opponents way out of her league and that Rebecca isn't exactly a trained killer, somehow my gut feeling tells me that it's not Rebecca who is scared to use sharp blades. It might be the Colosseum is rigged so that the "Imprisoned Gladiators" cannot win. Ever seen the movie "Gladiator" - it's the same as when the Emperor stabbed our hero before their fight in the Colosseum? And so it's possible that they're giving Rebecca et al weak armor and dull blades so that they cannot fight to their fullest. That's just how disgusting Doflamingo and his crew are.

And give Rebecca some credit and cut her some slack. She's only 16. She's outstanding for her age. I'm sure even Luffy at his age couldn't stand up to most of the people in the Colosseum anyway. She knows she's weak, but she's still fighting on bravely. So while she may not be monstrously strong like the other Colosseum fighters, she does have the courage and heart and to a degree some skill as well.

BeyondNero said:
I can appreciate this chapter, one thing is bothering me tho, why the fuck does Oda incest on making Usopp look weak as fuck every time he appears on the Manga?

I lol'ed at "incest". XD

But jokes aside, I know what you mean - come on, anyone else pissed at Usopp's cowardice and constant whining about how he wants to run away? I wouldn't be surprised if it were the old Usopp, but come on - Usopp himself has undergone that 2 year timeskip with the same intense training as everyone else and he even said himself that he's no longer a man who will run away. So when post-timeskip Usopp is still this much of a scaredy-cat, it really makes you doubt Oda a bit.

But only a bit. Again, I'm sure he'll be there for them in the end as always. That's Oda's style and we've seen it again and again so many times in nearly every arc.

But anyway... here's what I think of this chapter

1. Usopp vs Trebol (Trevor)

Anyway... I think that Usopp will definitely fight Trebol (Trevor, whichever we're going to decide with in the end). They're both snipers with high accuracy and precision. And it's time for Usopp to challenge someone several leagues above him and win. It's time for that guy to man up and show us that his 2 years weren't for nothing. Attitude-wise, I'm a bit ticked I admit, but hopefully Oda won't screw over Usopp's fight against Trebol (Trevor).

2. Toy Soldier-san is actually Kyros and he may be in Roger's crew

I actually was caught off guard when I found out that Toy Soldier-san was actually Kyros. I mean, I did read it in some discussions, but sometimes theories come true and sometimes they don't. But in retrospect, I probably should have seen it coming as Isterio's wonderful post showed.

Kyros may or may not be in Roger's crew. Not all of the strongest people have to be in Roger's crew, you know. But I guess I wouldn't be surprised if that did happen.

3. Regarding Sugar

And to people saying Sugar is weak, well... never judge a book by its cover. We've seen huge, muscular, strong-looking people get taken out like cannon fodder. And more recently we've seen that the small, innocent-looking dwarves - the Tontatta are actually ridiculously strong (Chapter 733, pg 9).

It could be argued that she's not necessarily as strong as the others and she became an executive not through strength, but through necessary, irreplaceable skill. Yet I still think she does have a certain amount of combat strength and it's been said by the Tontatta that she may look young and innocent, but she might actually be a monster (Chapter 731, pg 9). The body of a devil fruits user stops growing, so who knows how much combat experience she truly has?

4. What will be the results of the finals of the Tournament?

As for who will win - Diamante or Burgeuss if Oda wants to turn things really dark. Sabo if we really want to see the good guys kick ass and I honestly think he has the most likely chance.

Or even Rebecca if Oda wants to troll us and have the other 3 take each other out and Rebecca is left as the last one standing due to sheer luck. Then Rebecca eats the Mera mera fruit, goes to challenge Doffy or one of his executives, gets taken out, and then becomes the Damsel in distress for Luffy and crew to rescue. And then when they win, Vivi Rebecca will become the princess, show her worth, and Luffy and crew as well as Sabo will be glad that it's her who ate the fruit and not anyone else. That's typical Oda as well.

Well, that's my two cents. :P
DocNFeb 26, 2014 8:58 AM
Feb 26, 2014 9:35 AM

Jan 2010
called it/10

I'd originally thought Kyros was Ricky, but we've established that he was Riku, who was also the Soldier's dad. Considering that makes Soldier-san the prince, it really does make sense that he'd look like Riku, but younger. Once whoever-it-was mentioned Kyros may have been turned into a toy, I realized that when he got that one injury ever, they used it as an excuse to turn him into a toy. That being said, I didn't really realize that until this week, but still. Good on you, Oda.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Feb 26, 2014 10:03 AM

Dec 2013
XPwnDEnd said:

Indeed! I was really surprised as well. She went through her puberty well.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Feb 26, 2014 10:51 AM

Jun 2012
OK chapter, surprised no one mentioned the #RobinBooty yet
Feb 26, 2014 10:55 AM

Jun 2012
Great chapter, shame we didnt get to see sanji AGAIN. But whoever we see in this arc now it will always be good imo.

Soldier san is kyros, nice. I want to see him in human form, i bet he's a beast, 3000-0 record? xD

Diamante is just shitting on rebecca, and holy shit he is tall. I love his design so much. These executives are strong. The arena is like Sabo/Bart/Rebecca vs Burgess vs Diamante be interesting to see where this goes. and i love diamantes power as well. Bart vs diamante next chapter?!

Shit, dont make trebol mad...

This arc is so full of awesome :D can't wait til next week again!
jimbob1141Feb 26, 2014 10:58 AM
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Feb 26, 2014 11:18 AM

Sep 2011
facade63 said:

Or they had his wife and told him to surrender or else. They still ended up killing her for shit's and giggles.

This is getting really intense, I can't wait for the next chapter I hope Diamante continues his story.
Feb 26, 2014 12:36 PM

Jun 2012
Yep, I knew there was a good chance he was Kyros when she was telling him that Kyros is just a myth. And also he really does seem like a strong person despite being a toy now. Being able to train someone so well, as a one-legged toy with a roller-skate for a foot... that's pretty impressive, and definitely not the feat of just some average Joe.

Anyway, I just realized that Sabo forgetting Bartolomeo's name, and giving him strange nicknames is just like Luffy lol.

XPwnDEnd said:
More surprising than that, is that makes her one year younger than Chopper! :O

iNeon said:
Hmm this episode jumped around a bit to much for me to really enjoy. We were at one place then we were at another then back to the other one I dunno it really felt over done.
3/5
I thought it seemed to make perfect sense here...
It started where it left off against Sugar and Trebol... but then when they were talking about the Thunder Soldier it went to Thunder Soldier / Rebecca so that we could have a short flashback to foreshadow that he's Kyros (so less people would say "Wow that came out of no where! So random!") and also let Rebecca in on the truth rather than us finding out a second time later on, and then it ends back with Usopp and Leo talking about him so that we come to an end with the big reveal.

facade63 said:

Well, you know it only takes a single touch and then it's the end. I doubt it'd be too hard for her to get just about anyone by themselves. And besides, I'd imagine it was similar to how she turned anyone else in the Colloseum into toys.

I don't think it'll happen now, just because I don't see how they'd even meet but I've been imagining how bad it would be if Luffy suddenly got turned into a toy and everyone forgot him. But then, it would be just as bad if it happened to anyone in the crew... maybe worse since if they remember each other they can at least figure out that they're missing a captain. Maybe.
Feb 26, 2014 1:04 PM
Dec 2010
It is quite possible that Kyros (or Toy Soldier) was a member of Roger's crew. According to Rebecca in Chapter 704, the statue was made of BRONZE.

So..
GOL D. Roger
SILVER Rayleigh
BRONZE Kyros
sCOPPER Gaban
Feb 26, 2014 1:30 PM
Aug 2011
jal90 said:
facade63 said:

Kyros fights against Doflamingo, is defeated, then Trebol immobilizes him and Sugar uses her magic. Here, an easy solution. It's not that Sugar is weak anyway.

I didn't quite like this chapter, though. The emotional exposition was kind of disappointing and overall it felt like a transition... not even the reveal was surprising in any way. Still, I'm looking forward to the next chapter. If it's focused on the factory part, things will probably get very intense and I hope that Usopp will finally decide to act. But being Oda, I guess he'll change the focus to Pica :D

I would think since he was the first victim, he might have been off guard, by her small girl appearance. it really takes just a touch you know. Also sugar might have really been young considering it was a good 10 years back, so therefore quite convincing.
Feb 26, 2014 2:16 PM

Sep 2012
crazyruffian said:
It is quite possible that Kyros (or Toy Soldier) was a member of Roger's crew. According to Rebecca in Chapter 704, the statue was made of BRONZE.

So..
GOL D. Roger
SILVER Rayleigh
BRONZE Kyros
sCOPPER Gaban

I'm totally missing the information that leads to the conclusion Kyros might have been in Roger's crew.
Feb 26, 2014 3:34 PM

Apr 2009
crazyruffian said:

So..
GOL D. Roger
SILVER Rayleigh
BRONZE Kyros
sCOPPER Gaban

holy shit. nice work there!

HalibelTheEspada said:
I thought it seemed to make perfect sense here...
It started where it left off against Sugar and Trebol... but then when they were talking about the Thunder Soldier it went to Thunder Soldier / Rebecca so that we could have a short flashback to foreshadow that he's Kyros (so less people would say "Wow that came out of no where! So random!") and also let Rebecca in on the truth rather than us finding out a second time later on, and then it ends back with Usopp and Leo talking about him so that we come to an end with the big reveal.

ahah can you imagine how silly that would be in the anime, now that they are splitting the chapters making them 0.5 per episode.. they completely fucked up Oda's 'design' of the story per chapter.. who the fuck gave them the permission to change that shit..
Feb 26, 2014 4:31 PM

Aug 2012
Ryuma00 said:
Man those dwarfs are idiots :D
Now seriously... Kyros didn't surprise me, but it's always good to have it confirmed... Now we almost got all pieces on their place and battles set up. Only ones left are Luffy who needs to face DD and Kinemon who will probably come to Ussop's and Robin's place while searching for Kanjuro and aid them with Trebol and Sugar.

It actually makes sense for Kinemon to fight against Trebol, since that sticky thing is flammable and Kinemon cuts it without much problems. It is interesting though how Doflamingo didn't have any swordsman confirmed in the crew, all are devil fruit tricksters, so there isn't some match up against our protagonist swordsmen (well, except maybe Fujitora)

they all seem a bit weak against a specialist like Zoro, but that might just be my imagination

crazyruffian said:

So..
GOL D. Roger
SILVER Rayleigh
BRONZE Kyros
sCOPPER Gaban

Except it doesn't follow the pattern where the metal is in the name of the character... Kyros isn't called Bronze, he just had a bronze statuse made

Well, it's Oda so I wouldn't discard it, but I think it's unlikely. Would be cool tho
kiDnameDSkiaFeb 26, 2014 4:40 PM
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

-Claire Stanfield, Baccano!
Feb 26, 2014 8:44 PM

Jul 2013
I don't get why people complain about Usopp. Straw Hats rarely get any character development outside of their introduction arcs (they don't really need it), I don't get why you'd expect Usopp to be any different when all the other characters are essentially the exact same as when they were introduced. I think Usopp is fine the way he is, and if you are annoyed by him then you will always be; he isn't going to change. Honestly, if you've been following One Piece for this long then it is a bit late to be complaining. It's the same thing when people complain about Fairy Tail for having nakama power and then continue reading it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2014 11:30 PM

Jun 2012
kiDnameDSkia said:
It is interesting though how Doflamingo didn't have any swordsman confirmed in the crew, all are devil fruit tricksters, so there isn't some match up against our protagonist swordsmen (well, except maybe Fujitora)

they all seem a bit weak against a specialist like Zoro, but that might just be my imagination
Yeah... but there's always Baby 5. Though, you're right she and anyone outside Pica, Trebol, and Diamante don't really seem like much of an opponent for him, and Franky did beat Baby 5 and Buffalo singlehandedly.

I'm curious about Gladius too though. Also I just realized "gladius" is the latin name for sword, so he could be a swordsman. Although I was kind of under the impression that he has some kind of explosive ability... and thinking about that, if it's true, makes me realize the implications of an explosion man and someone with the ability to adjust their weight (*cough*Mr. 5 and Miss Valentine*cough*).

Minagatachi said:
I don't get why people complain about Usopp. Straw Hats rarely get any character development outside of their introduction arcs (they don't really need it), I don't get why you'd expect Usopp to be any different when all the other characters are essentially the exact same as when they were introduced. I think Usopp is fine the way he is, and if you are annoyed by him then you will always be; he isn't going to change. Honestly, if you've been following One Piece for this long then it is a bit late to be complaining. It's the same thing when people complain about Fairy Tail for having nakama power and then continue reading it.
I agree, Usopp's perfectly fine the way he is. And I mean, his dream is to become a "great man of the sea", so I wouldn't expect him to be some brave and fearless manly man until the end of the series, if then. His cowardice and trickery/deceptive tactics are just part of who he is... I have a hard time imagining him any other way. Maybe one day he can be like his friend Sogeking.
HalibelTheEspadaFeb 26, 2014 11:34 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 858 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

54 by Ston3_FreeN7 »»
Yesterday, 10:36 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 857 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

70 by Ston3_FreeN7 »»
Yesterday, 10:05 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1117 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Jun 11

54 by Vrr592 »»
Yesterday, 8:40 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 851 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2016

85 by Ston3_FreeN7 »»
Yesterday, 7:53 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 850 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

uzee - Dec 22, 2016

180 by Ston3_FreeN7 »»
Yesterday, 7:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.