Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 25, 2014 6:25 PM

Feb 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What the hell was up with the beginning of that episode took like 6 minutes -_-

The OST song showing Dressrosa was awesome. Toys everywhere and Fujitorra appears and he's a beast at roulette.

LOL at that troll ending. Used like a half a chapter for this episode.

“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Jan 25, 2014 6:44 PM

Sep 2011
Slow Piece. Is this gonna end up like the previous arc? Only time can tell!
Jan 25, 2014 6:45 PM

May 2013
there it is.. the start of the Dressrosa ARC.. the EPIC ARC.
Jan 25, 2014 6:47 PM

Jun 2007
Oh the pacing is going to be brutal. Over/Under on episodes for this arc...80?
Jan 25, 2014 7:07 PM

Mar 2013
Wow they didnt even adapt a full chapter lol it was so funny seeing the filler scene with Zoro and the blind guy. most ridiculous cliffhanger I have ever seen
raiken6Jan 25, 2014 7:27 PM
Jan 25, 2014 7:26 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
What's with that troll ending?! >_< If only that filler scene with Zoro and the blind old guy wasn't so dragged out... ._.

But at least the introduction to the kingdom of love and passion, Dressrosa, was good at least. Especially that OST!
Jan 25, 2014 7:39 PM

Jun 2013
Boring episode, annoying ending.
Jan 25, 2014 8:20 PM

Jul 2008
I get why some people don't like the filler...but I liked the part with Zoro and Fu...errr....the blind man.

They saved the best part to open the next episode it seems.
Jan 25, 2014 8:47 PM

Oct 2013
Its white duh, and who's that guy? Hmm
Jan 25, 2014 9:09 PM

Jun 2013
Was that... less than 1 chapter?...

Edit: I didn't really mind the zoro and "the old man" filler but adapting less than a chapter is complete bullcrap.
RagingManJan 25, 2014 9:13 PM
Jan 25, 2014 9:22 PM

Oct 2013
The new Opening theme is great... showing the fights of Luffy & Sakazuki, Zoro & new admiral and sanji & Borsalino....
Why is the new admiral on Dressrosa? (He got Zoro's attention) I have a feeling that the person Kin'emon is looking for is the new admiral or I guess they are somehow related.
And where is Robin and Tra-Law?
KusuriuriJan 25, 2014 9:25 PM
Jan 25, 2014 9:43 PM

Mar 2013
Well I guess this is better than stopping the show like they did in fairy tail
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Jan 25, 2014 10:05 PM

Oct 2008
Interesting episode, curious who the blind guys is.
Jan 25, 2014 10:16 PM

Jan 2014
Lol. The filler scene i dont mond. But did they really have to drag out the whole restaurant and gambling scene. Well, its to be expected. I mean, im surprised its still going on when its so close to the manga. Expect more filler people.

As of now, please try to refrain from looking at MAL. its a complete mess right now T-T
People of anime have whooped, roasted, beaten, and tamed my ass. I have learned my ways and will never speak that horrible word. But, believe me, MY DAY OF VENGEANCE SHALL COME(please dont take this seriously, just "trying" to be funny lol
Jan 25, 2014 10:20 PM

Jan 2014
akihikosama said:
Interesting episode, curious who the blind guys is.

This is just based on the new op. But most likely the replacement admiral for aokiji?

As of now, please try to refrain from looking at MAL. its a complete mess right now T-T
People of anime have whooped, roasted, beaten, and tamed my ass. I have learned my ways and will never speak that horrible word. But, believe me, MY DAY OF VENGEANCE SHALL COME(please dont take this seriously, just "trying" to be funny lol
Jan 25, 2014 10:22 PM

Nov 2011
Hmmm if anything I think One piece needs to go on a break for a year or two.
They didn't even adapt an entire chapter, they had the 4-5 minute intro also like they always do but cmon this pacing is really poor quality.
Dressrosa is an awesome arc so far in the manga but if it gets adapted anything like punk hazard it will only ruin its glory.
Jan 25, 2014 10:37 PM

Aug 2009
I thought this episode was ok. as an anime only viewer I liked being able to see Dressrosa, and witness Luffy and crew begin a new part of their journey. I'm really excited for this arc, heard so many great things about it. Can't wait to see what happens next!
lovexLuffyJan 28, 2014 9:56 PM

Jan 25, 2014 10:43 PM

Jul 2013
sweet5 said:
Well I guess this is better than stopping the show like they did in fairy tail
Hell no it isn't. Hiatus > Fillers > Slow Pacing. Fairy Tail took the best option possible and One Piece took the worst.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2014 11:24 PM

Jul 2013
well this was okay.. at least they're finally on dressrosa..

I'm sure that blind guy is an awesome and very powerful dude... I can sense it
Jan 26, 2014 1:33 AM
Jan 26, 2014 4:39 AM

Oct 2010
Slow pacing, but that's to be expected given how close to the manga they are.

At least it wasn't just reaction shot of background character after reaction shot, that's the type of dragging I really can't stand.
Jan 26, 2014 5:52 AM

Oct 2013
Can it get even slower??? Every single episode is soooo boring. There are only bits that are somehow interesting. It was fine to watch when I had 600 episodes to marathon so I could skip 15min of an episode where nothing happens but now it gets a pain to watch.

I wish they would just release a 20+ filler arc and then just make a good well paced, entertaining and interesting cannon arc. Never thought I would like to watch fillers lol..
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Jan 26, 2014 5:53 AM

Jun 2009
wow finally its going to start cant wait for

Mod Edit: Spoiler Tags added.
rodacJan 26, 2014 4:56 PM
Jan 26, 2014 6:39 AM
Aug 2013
What a slow ass episode it felt like it adapted 2 bleach chapters or something
Jan 26, 2014 6:50 AM

Jun 2012
are you fucking kidding me? i was waiting for it and it didn't come...

Less than a chapter is bad, unless they want to take the piss going slow so theyc an speed it up when the arc gets good. Who knows what they're planning...
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Jan 26, 2014 7:17 AM

Mar 2013
Shiro de onegaishiazu!
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Jan 26, 2014 7:24 AM

Jun 2009
jimbob1141 said:

Less than a chapter is bad, unless they want to take the piss going slow so theyc an speed it up when the arc gets good. Who knows what they're planning...

I think it turns much worse at the colloseum -- I hope they keep it short though
Jan 26, 2014 7:51 AM

Jun 2012
Kannei said:
jimbob1141 said:

I think it turns much worse at the colloseum -- I hope they keep it short though

I think the coiloseum is gonna be dragged out to shit, because they can drag out fighting with less complaints :P
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Jan 26, 2014 8:28 AM

Sep 2013
Finally, we get Kaido's voice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZHepVxshPY
Jan 26, 2014 8:38 AM

Apr 2011
I've tolerated a helluva lot from Toei. I mean, the episodes tend to be great even though they're dragged out. I don't generally mind filler and bad pacing... but this episode made me MAD. Like, no other episode has EVER made me mad. Even the heavily padded episodes, the filler episodes, even the REALLY boring episodes... I've never given OP less than a 3/5 until this episode.
Like I said, I don't mind added scenes. The added scene with zoro and the purple guy *wink* *wink* was completely fine for me. What made me mad? THAT FUCKING ENDING. I even ran to the manga to check if I remembered incorrectly. They freaking ruined the entire episode by not putting that ending. Freaking idiots. Not fucking cool.

You know what made that chapter epic in the manga? THE ENDING. Fuck this shit. 1/5 Sorry OP. Truly sorry. But blame fucking Toei for destroying what could have been an epic episode. That ending was just THAT important.
Jan 26, 2014 8:54 AM

Oct 2008
The episode seemed eventful enough to me, except for the ending which was meh. And I don't even read the manga, but I'm not surprised that it wasn't supposed to end there.
Jan 26, 2014 11:01 AM

Apr 2009
man fuck this BULLSHIT

i was so excited to see the ending..

i'm done with this Bullshit.. i'm gonna lower it from 10 to 8 for this crap..can't stand it lol =))
Jan 26, 2014 11:43 AM

Jun 2011
That new OST was pretty good, and that Zoro and blind man's filler scene, it was pretty damn good and tense, but damn the waiter part was annoying with those sounds, and the gambling part, LOL it took few minutes ~.~ ANDDD DAT ENDING, LOL WTF, worst cliffhanger ever lol, it's not even a major cliffhanger, just some petty stuff -.-!

As for blind man's VA, hmm his voice isn't that clear, sometimes I can't really hear what he actually said.. The voice acting was pretty good though.

P.S. The pacing is bearable for me, even though it's a little slow.

P.S.2. Lol everyone was waiting for that scene and they didn't get it because of the troll ending, lol XD Good job Toei, by pissing off everyone, well.. almost everyone..

SuperSonic1986 said:
Finally, we get Kaido's voice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZHepVxshPY

Wait, whut? That was Kaido? -.-

Edit: Lol at poll results, this shows how pissed off the fans on MAL are.
ToG25thBaamJan 26, 2014 11:51 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 26, 2014 12:09 PM

Nov 2013
ToG25thBaam said:
That new OST was pretty good, and that Zoro and blind man's filler scene, it was pretty damn good and tense, but damn the waiter part was annoying with those sounds, and the gambling part, LOL it took few minutes ~.~ ANDDD DAT ENDING, LOL WTF, worst cliffhanger ever lol, it's not even a major cliffhanger, just some petty stuff -.-!

As for blind man's VA, hmm his voice isn't that clear, sometimes I can't really hear what he actually said.. The voice acting was pretty good though.

His voice is supposed to be like that. That's what he is. Oda used all his efforts to make the worst character ever. Blind, fat, senile voice, poor vocabulary, ugly(the ugliest) and a marine gggrrr.
ColtBuntlineJan 26, 2014 12:14 PM
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 26, 2014 1:18 PM

Mar 2011
The last half was like watching a new show, I was missing adventure in this adventure anime.
Jan 26, 2014 4:10 PM

Jun 2011
pkKodama said:
ToG25thBaam said:

His voice is supposed to be like that. That's what he is. Oda used all his efforts to make the worst character ever. Blind, fat, senile voice, poor vocabulary, ugly(the ugliest) and a marine gggrrr.

Are you sure? o.O By the way he is awesome!! >After the latest chapter< And his design is a reference to a character named Zatoichi, the blind swordsman.
Jan 26, 2014 7:03 PM

Dec 2012
It's getting interesting. So the Admiral is blind. still badass though.
Jan 27, 2014 4:43 PM

Dec 2011
What a way to end an episode. Toei isn't even trying anymore.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2014 7:56 PM
Jan 2013
As a manga reader because of Punk Hazard arc, I really hope they don't drag it and give such a crappy end to an episode... They should have ended it with a reason to watch the next episode, a roulette wheel with nothing built up really isn't hyping me at all. I don't mind them adding filler parts for comedy or maybe tension build up like zoro/blind guy, but argh that whole gambling extra was just so pointless...
Jan 28, 2014 3:15 AM

Jan 2014
This has been going downhill for QUITE some time...
Let's hope dressrosa ultimately has some worth in it
Jan 28, 2014 6:41 AM

Jun 2011
judals said:

Read the manga instead if you want better experience.
Jan 28, 2014 8:00 AM

Jan 2014
ToG25thBaam said:
judals said:

Read the manga instead if you want better experience.

I think you're referring to the pace, I'm referring to the story, and I doubt they are being unfaithful.
Jan 28, 2014 8:29 AM

Apr 2011
Well, when they delay the entire focal point of a chapter/episode and make the entire episode legit pointless.... pacing really can ruin the story >.> The big reveal of this episode didn't happen so the designated point for when you were supposed to know something, was thrown off. Meaning, the timeline for what you need to know when is thrown off. Does this even make sense? Cause I feel like I'm over exaggerating and making something out of nothing... but i'm really pissed off nonetheless... and I don't even know if I should be pissed off or not >.>
Jan 28, 2014 9:34 AM

Jan 2013
i like the colors of the dressrosa , but yeah , Slow Piece strikes again
Jan 28, 2014 2:46 PM

Jan 2014
DarkAngelz said:
Well, when they delay the entire focal point of a chapter/episode and make the entire episode legit pointless.... pacing really can ruin the story >.> The big reveal of this episode didn't happen so the designated point for when you were supposed to know something, was thrown off. Meaning, the timeline for what you need to know when is thrown off. Does this even make sense? Cause I feel like I'm over exaggerating and making something out of nothing... but i'm really pissed off nonetheless... and I don't even know if I should be pissed off or not >.>

A part where the the build up is pointless is still not good, and I doubt it'd make a good climax for the chapter/episode. If it's good, it'd still be good now, as in it should be good all the way, not just at some point.
Jan 28, 2014 7:38 PM

Apr 2011
Well, in this scenario the climax's build up would have been COMPLETELY appropriate. By delaying the climax by putting it in the next episode, the climax will legit be wasted unless they put the climax at the END of the next episode... which would NOT be worth it for anyone really >.<
Jan 28, 2014 9:34 PM

May 2012
i thought the filler takes long so i skip few weeks.. nice new OP robin is so hot.
they should make filler long rather than slowing this ep..

Jan 29, 2014 12:27 AM

Jun 2011
judals said:

I think you're referring to the pace, I'm referring to the story, and I doubt they are being unfaithful.

Well if you say so. Personally it's still going as strong as ever.
Jan 29, 2014 2:42 AM

Nov 2011
pkKodama said:
ToG25thBaam said:

Are you sure that just not your opinion only? Most people who already read the manga liked the guy and is far from worst character ever. Seems like you are blind hating here.

Jan 29, 2014 5:40 PM

Aug 2013
Cool bit when Zoro met the blind guy. Tense! Still...Zoro with a moustache xD
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 980 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Jun 26, 2021

91 by FedeMetal »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1119 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Sep 14

57 by ManWild »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kaizokuou - Nov 20, 2009

72 by TheStarscream759 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1118 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Sep 7

64 by MasterK »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 405 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hayato_kun - Jun 13, 2009

181 by KoniginElle »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.