Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 20, 2014 9:14 AM
Dec 2010
I am a lot less optimistic about Spring then I am a few weeks ago...... Wizard Barristers makes me think ARMS is a complete joke nowadays and there's little chance of Gokukoku no Brynhildr not sucking, despite me liking the manga a lot. Similarly Mahou Sensou makes me feel that the odds of Mahouka sucking is pretty high, especially when I am not a fan of Manabu Ono. The recent announcement of Jin handling the script of Kagerou Project makes me feel SHAFT isn't taking it seriously either and I can foresee it turning out to be the new Serial Experiments Lain. Even Love Live seems to have a high potential of sucking and wallowing in drama considering how they are hinting that the third years will graduate. Not sure what else in Spring interests me, maybe Date A Live S2 although I was only mildly entertained by S1.
Jan 20, 2014 9:41 AM

Jan 2014
Shiro- said:

- Mekaku City Actors ( FINALLY!!!! The only show of 2014 that I'm hyped. I have been waiting for this for quite some time...being one of the very very few manga I read I know it's gonna be epic. Epic on the scales of Clannad. SHAFT, I'm putting all my trust and hope in you that you will do a wonderful job adapting this. Or else some's gonna flip a table or 2 if you don't lol)

I'm really looking forward to this, but why mention Clannad? Different genre, differen't studio, how totally irrelevant.
I MURDERED OUR ENTIRE CLAN UMAD SAUCEGAYYYYYYYYY UMAD?¿
http://foolishbrother.chatango.com/
Jan 20, 2014 10:50 AM
Oct 2010
Captain earth, JoJo and Gundam Unicorn 7 are it for me.
Jan 20, 2014 10:53 AM

May 2012
Date A Live 2
Love Live! 2
Akuma no Riddle
Black Bullet
Kenzen Robo Daimidaler
Gokukoku no Brynhildr
Knights of Sidonia 

Movies
Tiger & Bunny Movie 2: The Rising
Sora no Otoshimono 2nd Movie
Jan 20, 2014 10:57 AM

Dec 2013
I'll probably only be following Mekaku city actors, and wait for reviews before I start watching other shows. Although I'm also interested in Haikyuu and Akuma no riddle.
Miss me?
Jan 20, 2014 12:04 PM

Apr 2010
Goodchild said:
Shiro- said:

- Mekaku City Actors ( FINALLY!!!! The only show of 2014 that I'm hyped. I have been waiting for this for quite some time...being one of the very very few manga I read I know it's gonna be epic. Epic on the scales of Clannad. SHAFT, I'm putting all my trust and hope in you that you will do a wonderful job adapting this. Or else some's gonna flip a table or 2 if you don't lol)

I'm really looking forward to this, but why mention Clannad? Different genre, differen't studio, how totally irrelevant.

I know it's a different studio..as for the genres they are similar...both share the romance and supernatural aspects. I made the comparision because Kagero Project's dramatic moments are on par with Clannad (and we all know Clannad had quite a few dramatic moments). Just my opinion though. No need to point stuff like what's relevant or not, thank you.
Shiro-Jan 20, 2014 12:08 PM
Jan 20, 2014 12:45 PM

Aug 2011
Definitely excited for Akuma no Riddle,

Mekaku City Actors and
No Game, No Life

That's about it. A lot less than this season.

Jan 20, 2014 1:06 PM

Aug 2013
lolwut. OP disregards Love Live! Season 2.

The disrespect I'm feelin'. The anime that I've been looking forward to since last year ;--; it's almost here.
Jan 20, 2014 1:11 PM

Mar 2012
There are a few series airing that catch my eye.

Shows
Soul Eater NOT! - While I freaking hated Soul Eater's ending, I adored that series. I know this is a spin-off series, but considering it's the same universe, I'll admit my interest is piqued. Still, I think I'd prefer a sequel to Soul Eater and not a spin-off series...

Ryouugajou Nanana no Maizoukin - I'm not going to lie, I'm a sucker for supernatural anime and this seems somewhat reminiscent of Tasogare Otome x Amnesia. I don't think it'll be as dark as that series, but I guess we won't know until it comes out.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr - Lately, Arms has been putting out better-and-better stuff. I'm incredibly interested in this series from it's plot synopsis. It sounds like it could be an incredibly emotional series. However, the one thing I'll say is it isn't exactly in Arms' wheelhouse to make a series like that. I'll be interested in seeing if they can pull it off.

Captain Earth - It's a Bones mecha. Does anything else need to be said? Well, I suppose...I sure hope it's more like Eureka Seven and less like Eureka Seven: AO.

Hitsugihime no Chaika - This series has been put off for two seasons in a row now. From what it looks like, Bones is putting an awful lot of effort into it. I'm interested in seeing what this series can churn out, and it might be nice to finally have a series with an "older" protagonist (as in not high school/middle school).

Mushishi: Zoku-Shou - A sequel to Mushishi. How can that possibly be a bad thing?

Movies
Tamako Love Story - I maybe a KyoAni fan who refuses to watch Tamako Market, but I get a good vibe from this. Also, KyoAni has been putting out some really good movies the last few years.
Jan 20, 2014 1:13 PM

Jan 2013
I'll definitely be watching:

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
Love Live School Idol Project Second Season
Tamako Love Story

Will consider trying:

Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin
Soul Eater Not
Black Bullet
Sidonia no Kishi
Akuma no Riddle
Mahou Shoujo Taisen
Fuuun Ishin Dai Shogun
Hitsugihime no Chaika
Captain Earth
Salmon is delicious.
Jan 20, 2014 1:14 PM

Apr 2013
I just realized that Akuma no Riddle is Yuri

yessssxs
Jan 20, 2014 1:25 PM

Sep 2011
eh, the descriptions of most of the series... gross

I'll watch Mushishi.
Jan 20, 2014 2:18 PM

Apr 2010
Kyuutoryuu said:
lolwut. OP disregards Love Live! Season 2.

The disrespect I'm feelin'. The anime that I've been looking forward to since last year ;--; it's almost here.

lol =3

Couldn't really say anything about it since I didn't watch yet S1 to begin with :( but I plan on watching it...sooner or later I will X_X
Jan 20, 2014 2:27 PM

Mar 2012
I love how like 3 of the upcoming anime series have main characters as NEETs. I think their trying to appeal to us, because you know, a large majority of anime fans are NEETs.
OxyJan 20, 2014 2:33 PM
Jan 20, 2014 2:29 PM

Apr 2013
Oxy said:
I love how like 3 of the upcoming anime series have main characters as NEETs. I think their trying to appeal to us, because you know, a majority of anime fans are NEETs.

Yeah I noticed that too.
Jan 20, 2014 2:38 PM

Nov 2013
has there been any announcements on whether mahouka will be 2 cours or just 1 cour??
To hunger, but not gluttonous. To arouse, but not lustful. To tire, but not slothful.
Jan 21, 2014 3:13 AM

Dec 2011
Edit: I stand corrected. I think.

Isshuukan friends announced for Spring and already on my PTW so added to my list.
kuuderes_shadowJan 21, 2014 4:15 AM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jan 21, 2014 4:13 AM
Aug 2012
Shidou_Tohka said:
has there been any announcements on whether mahouka will be 2 cours or just 1 cour??

It was already confirmed for a 2 cours..............there are links on the Mahouka threads if you want to check.

Jan 21, 2014 7:52 AM

Nov 2013
-Mahouka : the synopsis is interesting. I have read the manga, and i like it
-DAL II : i'm still watching the first series, and i love it, so of course i wil watch this one
-no game no lo life : the synopsis is interesting
-mangaka-san : i have read the manga and it's fun, so i wil give it a try

- msg uncorn ep7 : hell yeah, at last it will be airing. One of the most epic gundam series.
Jan 21, 2014 8:09 AM

Jan 2011
Date A Live II only because its one of few shows i know for spring
Love Live! Season 2 really liked S1
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei not jumping on the hype train but from reading some of the manga but knowing its from a LN i can't really say much yet.

and how is no one pumped for JoJo??!
Jan 21, 2014 8:24 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Might watch:

Mekaku City Actors
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou
Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?
Hitsugihime no Chaika

Will definitely watch:

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
Kanojo ga Flag o Oraretara
Date a Live II
No Game, No Life (sounds awesome :P)
Akuma no Riddle

Specials:

Machine-Doll
Little Busters EX
Shingeki no Kyojin
Yuushibu
GJ-bu@
NouCome
Girls und Panzer

Movies:

Sora no Otoshimono Final
Jan 21, 2014 8:24 AM

Jan 2013
katsu044 said:
and how is no one pumped for JoJo??!

*waves*
Salmon is delicious.
Jan 21, 2014 8:32 AM

Dec 2013
Can this year get any better?
Kill la Kill
Hxh -11
Noragami
Log Horizon
Witch Craft Works
Strike the Blood
Fairy Tail
Mushishi
SAO 2

.. and many other potential series
Jan 21, 2014 8:35 AM

Dec 2011
Jojo is pretty much the archetypal cult series.

The people who watch it and like it, really like it a lot, and generate lots of talk about how much they like it. But there aren't actually all that many of them who see it in the first place - quite a lot of people wouldn't be a fan of it, and it is obvious to these people that they wouldn't, so they don't try it in the first place.

Not that there's anything wrong with being a cult series - indeed in an industry that works like the anime one does it can be a very good thing to be (and there's no doubt that the 2012 Jojo series was a success) - but if you're looking for sheer number of people that will get excited by it, it's never going to be particularly high.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jan 21, 2014 9:03 AM

Mar 2012
Certainly
Akuma no Riddle (yuri, so will watch)
Black Bullet
Date a Live II (liked 1st season)
Gokukoku no Brynhildr
No Game No Life
Gochuumon wa Usagi Desuka?
Fuun Ishin Dai Shogun (ecchi, JC Staff)

Maybe:
Hitsugihime no Chaika (art looks good so likely)
Love Live Season 2 (have seen the 1st season but not sure if I more)
Mushishi (if I like (and watch) the first season)
Soul Eater Not (main show looks boring so might watch if I don't have to watch the main show)
Escha & Logy no Atelier
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou
Kenzen Robo Daimidaler (ecchi/seinen listed as genres so pretty likely)
Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara
Mahou Shoujou Taisen (if not a generic mahou shoujou show)
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei (art looks good)
Sidonai no Kishi (mecha? so don't know)
Jan 21, 2014 9:18 AM

Mar 2008
Too much to list..
chart looks awesome, I'll try out a lot
Jan 21, 2014 10:19 AM

Aug 2010
Date a live II (Kurumi)
Jojo
Mushishi

Will definitely watch more but these 3 are top priority.
Jan 21, 2014 1:48 PM

Apr 2013
Probably going to try all of them for episode 1 and decide afterwards like every season..
The ones I am sure to watch and think I'll enjoy are:
- Jojo: I'll watch it after it finishes airing because I still haven't seen season 1
- Musishi: same thing as Jojo
- Black Bullet
- Mahouka Koukou
- Haikyuu
- Baby Steps
- Sidonia no Kishi
- Akuma no Riddle
Jan 21, 2014 2:28 PM

Jan 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:

The people who watch it and like it, really like it a lot, and generate lots of talk about how much they like it. But there aren't actually all that many of them who see it in the first place - quite a lot of people wouldn't be a fan of it, and it is obvious to these people that they wouldn't, so they don't try it in the first place.

Not that there's anything wrong with being a cult series - indeed in an industry that works like the anime one does it can be a very good thing to be (and there's no doubt that the 2012 Jojo series was a success) - but if you're looking for sheer number of people that will get excited by it, it's never going to be particularly high.

Only lesser beings would dare dismiss JJBA.
Salmon is delicious.
Jan 21, 2014 2:47 PM

Apr 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:

By 2012, JJBA sold 75,000,000 volumes, and it even has a collabo with gucci. find me another manga that 'cult'.
Sorry if I'm being rude, but that's the truth.
Jan 21, 2014 3:06 PM

Oct 2012
Excited for:
Mekaku City Actors
JoJo
Ping Pong
Mushishi S2

Will Definitely Watch:
No Game No Life
Knights of Sidonia
Captain Earth
Black Bullet
Akuma no Riddle
Mahouka Koukou

I'll probably check out some others, but it's looking to be a pretty decent season.
Jan 21, 2014 3:15 PM

Feb 2009
On my tentative watch list,

Soul Eater Not!
Black Bullet
Captain Earth
Mushishi

Overall, not really a whole lot. Thank goodness for Mushishi...
Jan 21, 2014 3:16 PM

Jan 2013
I plan to watch:
Mekaku City actors
Haikyuu
Mushishi
Akuma no Riddle
Sekaiichi hatsukoi
And the Tomako movie
Nothing else looks interesting and I"ll probably only have time to watch the ones I have listed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2014 3:18 PM
Mar 2011
I'm not goot at finding good anime from llists: they don't seem to be very good, but I am sure I'll watch Jojo and Meitantei Conan. I'll also try Mangaka, but I have no idea if it will be good or not.
Jan 21, 2014 4:30 PM

Mar 2011
I'm excited for Mushishi S2 and the City Actors show since the synopsis sounds interesting.

I also like the sounds of the Madhouse and Bones shows.
Jan 21, 2014 4:41 PM

Dec 2012
I can't really be bothered to form my own opinions on what to watch based off of the synopsis since it usually doesn't provide me any indication about whether the anime will actually be good. Instead I just watch whatever is most popular, which at the moment looks like it will be:

No Game No Life
Black Bullet
Akuma no Riddle
Haikyuu
Mekaku City Actors
Gokukoku no Brynhildr
Hitsugi no Chaika
Soul Eater Not
Sidonia no Kishi
Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara
Jan 21, 2014 4:42 PM

Sep 2012
Most of everything that was said in the OP, as well as Soul Eater Not because IDFK what that is but I want a part of it.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Jan 21, 2014 4:45 PM

Jun 2012
I only care about Ping Pong........
получить деньги моего друга
Jan 21, 2014 4:55 PM
Jan 2014
Soul Eater Not! - Come on Bones give us SE:Brotherhood you know you want to.

Captain Earth seems like a mecha I might actually want to watch.

Not really sure about anything else really, still need to watch the first season of Mushishi.
Jan 21, 2014 9:13 PM

Dec 2013
I am definitely going to be watching Mushishi (I'm watching the first season right now and I absolutely love it)
Definitely willing to try Haikyuu, Gokukoko no Brynhildr, Black Bullet, and Sidonia no Kishi. Also Kamigami no Asobi since I do like the reverse harem genre and it does look like it could be interesting but I'm not getting my hopes up too high.
As for everything else, I will decide when they start to air
Jan 29, 2014 3:27 AM

Dec 2011
Added another 3 things to my list, all of which incidentally have names beginning with the letter S.
Jan 29, 2014 4:00 AM

Apr 2007
On my list already:
- Ping Pong - because yuasa
- Mekaku City Actors - because shaft
- Ryuugajou Nanana - eh, it's on noitamina
- No Game no Life - could just be a shitty light novel adaptation, but might be better. I quite like the premise.
- Sidonia no Kishi - though by the looks of the PV I think I just ought to read the manga instead

The maybes
- Kamigami no Asobi - I don't know whether I want this to be Diabolik Lovers bad or actually good, starring a female protagonist with a spine. Either way....
- Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii - I think this is going to depend on who's animating it.
- Mahouka - read the first few chapters of the LN and they were mega boring, and that's some godawful character design. What's with all the hype?

Everything else is getting a one episode test if I can spare the time.
Jan 31, 2014 8:32 PM
Jan 2014
YUSSSSSSS

mostly exited about
Soul Eater Not
Mekaku City Actors
and
Kamigami no Asobi
Feb 25, 2014 12:33 AM

Apr 2010
And It seems yesterday the v2 Spring Chart was released.

http://i7.minus.com/iwBU0arPwNMWj.png

Seems I'll have a few other anime added beside the v1 picks.

- Seikoku no Dragonar (interesting concept...dragons was always an interesting subject for me)

- Blade and Soul

- Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san (count me in for moar yuri )

- Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii (interesting synopsis)

- Escha & Logy no Atelier: Tasogare no Sora no Renkinjutsushi (alchemy...might be good)

- Hitsugi no Chaika (might be good judging from synopsis)

- No game No life (synopsis speaks for itself )

- Isshuukan Friends. (this might be one of those anime that will make me bawl my eyes)

And that's about it...quite a few entries added with the new chart.
Feb 25, 2014 12:34 AM

Sep 2012
Shiro- said:

Where exactly are you getting these anyway?
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Feb 25, 2014 1:02 AM

Apr 2010
Korrvo said:
Shiro- said:

Does it matter? Anyone can find it if they google "anime spring 2014 chart". So yeah google is our friend.
Feb 25, 2014 1:03 AM

Sep 2012
Shiro- said:
Korrvo said:
Shiro- said:

Does it matter? Anyone can find it if they google "anime spring 2014 chart". So yeah google is our friend.
Aww, I was expecting a site I could add to my bookmarks so I could be even more lazy.

u let me down senpai
Feb 25, 2014 1:14 AM

Jul 2012
All the damn Mecha, all the damn mecha..and most importantly
הלב שלי כבר מת
Feb 25, 2014 1:23 AM

Sep 2013
Mushishi and Captain Earth, idk why, are my most hyped. Captain Earth looked really awesome for some reason. :D
Feb 25, 2014 1:28 AM

Aug 2013
Plan to watch Buu saga Kai, Black Bullet, Wild Adapter, Shingeki no Kyojin: Gunren Heidan -hen, Sordemo Sekai wa Utsukushii and Abarenbou Rikishi Matsutarou (anime about sumo wrestler).
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Do y'all fw Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

IssyBoy - 12 hours ago

52 by Nothing129 »»
6 minutes ago

» What's a period of anime you miss and have lots of nostalgia for?

TheBlockernator - 5 hours ago

9 by RyogiSHIKI7 »»
15 minutes ago

» Do you have animes you've rated 5 and under on your completed list, why? ( 1 2 )

melodyily - Jun 15

71 by 8oomer »»
21 minutes ago

» Modern chill anime osts like these?

Atmogenic - Yesterday

20 by pablown »»
26 minutes ago

» Seinen Big 3

JoeChip - 10 hours ago

27 by Flick_on »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.