Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 19, 2013 10:20 AM

May 2013
Dem outfits. Hiiragi got some skills.

Lol, Natsuno got drunk!

There's still a bunch of unanswered questions, but I was satisfied enough with the ending.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 19, 2013 10:43 AM

Feb 2013
Disappointing
5/10
Sep 19, 2013 11:06 AM

Mar 2011
Am I the only one who actually really enjoyed this anime? It was silly and fun. I would like to see more, but I doubt that's likely.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Sep 19, 2013 11:29 AM

May 2012
This anime is boring. I watched the last 4 episodes with 1.5x or 2x speed on my media player. I could not waste my time on this when there are much better animes out there.

It deserves 2/10 but I'll give it 3/10 because I liked Maxi-sama
Sep 19, 2013 5:20 PM

Jun 2012
Well I don't like this series, but this episode was by far the worst. It spent about 10 minutes in Natsuno's delusion, which was really boring.

Overall, it's not going past a 5/10.

Sep 20, 2013 1:38 AM

Nov 2012
natsuno in yukata and drunk mode is so awesome lol :3
btw finally this anime is end :3
I'm so relief :3
final score (5/10)
Sep 20, 2013 3:53 PM

Mar 2012
TehWhiteTiger said:
Am I the only one who actually really enjoyed this anime? It was silly and fun. I would like to see more, but I doubt that's likely.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was stupid, but pretty creative in it's own right and absolutely ballsy. In an industry where playing your safest hand and pandering to the fans is the common strategy, a show that takes legitimate risks is somewhat refreshing.
Let's go bowling.
Sep 20, 2013 4:31 PM

Oct 2012
how come editor can read his mind but not his sister?

^ Why isn't this updating...
Sep 20, 2013 5:34 PM

Aug 2012
StopDropAndBowl said:
TehWhiteTiger said:

I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was stupid, but pretty creative in it's own right and absolutely ballsy. In an industry where playing your safest hand and pandering to the fans is the common strategy, a show that takes legitimate risks is somewhat refreshing.
Well, the risk seemed like it could have paid off going by the first and second episodes. The problem is that it takes an almost complete 180 degree turn after the beginning and then becomes silly fun. I didn't form expectations before the show started based on preconceived notions or any of that jazz; the first two episodes themselves did that for me. Then, by the third episode or so, my expectations were let down severely.

In my opinion, the series should have stayed serious or should have been mindless from the beginning. In the first case, I could have found a nice little gem. In the second case, I would have dropped it in a heartbeat without having the false hope of it getting better. In either case, my time wouldn't have been wasted.
gamer2710Sep 20, 2013 5:46 PM
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Sep 20, 2013 7:03 PM

Jul 2013
TehWhiteTiger said:

It's getting a 9/10 for me. A lot of the people who came into the anime expected some kind of serious story and left disappointed when it was mostly random humor. I liked the contrast between seriousness and lighthearted humor.

Everyone has their own tastes though and there's not one set of standards that all anime creators have to be influenced by nor a set of rules they have to follow.
These things happen and there's nothing you can do about it. They aren't necessarily planned and they aren't always bad, and they aren't always good, but they are. - Emi, Katawa Shoujo
Sep 20, 2013 11:18 PM

Dec 2011
Ahaha. That was quite fun for the last episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2013 10:46 AM
May 2012
Well, the only story that i saw was the intro eps where Kazuhito died and reincarnated as a dog, after that, it was all random comedy with quite eccentric characters. Nevertheless, they were hilarious. And the chemistry put up by Kazuhito and Akiyama were impressive, they made every scene funny as hell. Good comedy, but not definitely the best of the season for me.

7/10.
Sep 23, 2013 7:36 AM

Jul 2013
I'm really not sure what some people actually expected from this series. It's based on a love story between a human turn dog and a writer that carries around scissors.

I guess you can't put it past Japan, but I take it more that those features were for comedic value rather than a forbidden animal love/masochism fetishes.

At any rate was stupid, made me laugh, wouldn't re-watch, but if I forgot everything about it I might watch again (will concede that some of the flat chest humour grew wearisome/was wearisome from the outset... every other anime these days are BOOBS LOL BOOBS). 7
One day we will come upon each other, and for that day my claws, teeth, ears, hands and hair are at the ready.
Sep 23, 2013 11:58 AM

Apr 2012
I would have given this anime a 7 or 8 if it would have stayed ridiculous forever. But it tried to be something more than fun B-Movie humor, and tried to actually have serious and emotional moments which where done so badly it was cringeworthy. Shows like this have to remember that every moment I am not laughing or having a big grin on my face, is shit. Stop trying to have actual serious moments in ridiculous anime japan, they dont work!

Well it greatly amused me half of the time, and it made me cringe or bored me to death the other half,
so I gave it a 5.
Sep 25, 2013 10:50 AM

May 2013
The first few episodes was good, but in mid way it went full retard.. another show that wasted its potential but i did enjoyed myself from the gags. and this final episode if only Natsuno was like that from the start loool!!!

6/10
Tch.
Sep 27, 2013 5:12 PM

Apr 2013
Great series to kill time, no regrets here. Im defs going to miss this series.
Sep 27, 2013 5:45 PM

Mar 2013
I really liked this anime in the beginning. It had a pretty good plot w/ the writer and her dog solving mysteries but somehow got off track. They introduced way too many side characters, some that never even went anywhere, like the maid and her sensei. What was the point in that? Plus, the romantic feelings that Natsuno were starting to develop for the dog were beyond creepy. I still give it a 7 though 'cause like I did like the majority of the episodes.
Sep 28, 2013 12:20 PM

Jul 2010
4/10 finally this shit is over, endless yawns all the times. Same "gags" every episode, no originality, poor quality, no real plot, not even funny ect.
Thanks Gonzo, like always.
Sep 29, 2013 5:23 AM

Mar 2011
This sh1t don't deserve more than 4/10.
Oct 5, 2013 8:52 AM
May 2012
Well that was alright I agree it could have been better they should have explained some things and some jokes are funny some jokes are not but I enjoyed it as it is :D my friend told me that it was bad but for me it wasn't that bad I still had some good laughs and it was kinda fun to watch A season 2 is alright with me ^_^ thanks :D
Oct 8, 2013 12:16 AM

Aug 2013
I was expecting a better ending. I´m a little disappointed, that battle between the 3 authors in the previous episode should have happen.
Oct 12, 2013 7:09 AM

Aug 2008
Even though it was really below decent, I'm sure this show really lived to up its comedic genre. lol
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Oct 12, 2013 12:42 PM

May 2012
Pretty meh ending I must say, why they exactly went with such an ending is unclear for me but well it was okey I guess, she lived her dream in her drunk mind I guess? In the end I didn't really liked this anime it was rather boring had noce actual ending or plot and was just messing around with no proper result on what will actually happen to his current status as a dog. 5/10
Oct 22, 2013 7:56 PM

Dec 2008
The breast jokes were getting repetitive, but it was still a fun series.

Natsuno is so pretty. All dat prettiness. ;___; I want your babies <3 Gimme season 2 ;___; need more Natsuno.
Oct 26, 2013 10:59 AM

Jun 2011
Drunk Akiyama Shinobu <3

Damn and there I thought there would have a little character development for Akiyama Shinobu, but guess not.. it's all just a summary, damnn!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 27, 2013 5:17 AM

Jan 2011
Nice to see Kirihime being all dere and watching that M-editor fall so badly.

Besides that, I felt that the anime didn't really go much into how Kazuhito became a dog or even any plans to get him back. It just mainly progressed from how each girl somehow guessed that Kazuhito became a dog, their story with him and that's about it... gets boring after awhile imo.

Kinda disappointed with the ending... it just left me feeling like "That's it?" though if there is a S2, hopefully with better developments, then I'll look forward to it.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Nov 9, 2013 2:53 AM

May 2010
Funniest anime I've ever watched in my entire lifetime! So wacky, absurd, ridiculous and shameless xD

Pretty much highest ratio of laughs to run time, although other anime have had individual scenes which were many times funnier than all the scenes here.

Fight scenes and other kinds of 'battles' were pretty high-tension as well while still maintaining a good level of comedy and silliness.

The tsukkomi was highly effective with most gags being committed and played to a further extent than I expected for a fuller effect. Plenty of jokes missed but just as many hit for me. Many were quite creative I must say.

My fortune to have ever come across this title. My doubts as to anything that will ever top this. It's come out and surpassed my previous 'funniest anime' from 4-ish years ago.
Nov 24, 2013 4:43 AM

Jun 2011
Those editor techniques xD And I never get enough of seeing Madoka's cooking :D
This episode was so hilarious, just as I'd expect from the final episode of this series. It's fitting for this kind of series with no specific plot whatsoever. And I don't really mind that, since I had a really fun time watching this ^^
The pure humor value of this series is enough for me to give it 7/10, but that's pretty much all that's good about this anime =/ So, my final score will be 7/10, I had a fun time :P
Dec 3, 2013 9:00 AM

Jun 2008
Disappointed it had no Shining arc the girls in the wheelchair and her maid seem also pointless. Why put such thing as threw great authors and then leave them out of the plot?
Also this last episode was slightly cringe worthy. I expected something slightly better than making her go all moe.
As a show it had nothing great but those two elements above have hit it even more and now it goes from mediocre to slightly bad.
Dec 22, 2013 11:39 PM

Apr 2013
To tell you the truth, i thought this anime was not that bad. For an anime that mostly consisted of a light repetitive comedy it was fairly entertaining. The last episode was pretty good at least i think it was. I would recommend this as a break anime or an anime to watch in-between intense drama anime.
Jan 3, 2014 10:24 PM
Aug 2012
If I had to sum it up, I'd say this anime was good at SHINING! awesome
Jan 5, 2014 6:12 PM

May 2012
I enjoyed it, definitely something fresh from the generic Highschool moesh1t that we see every season

I'd give it a 6.5/10 "It's OK" - IGN

Although I was a bit disappointed that the dog didn't come back to life at the end
Jan 7, 2014 2:27 PM

Jul 2013
A casual and enjoyable anime, though the lack of character development and plot brings this anime down.

But for an anime that you would just casually watch, I think it's pretty good.
Mar 18, 2014 7:09 PM

Aug 2011
It was funny. I never expected anything else apart from that.

» Escapism.

Jun 9, 2014 9:51 PM

Jan 2012
wheelchair girl = serious arc?

would rather watch that than this mindless comedy

not as bad as I thought though... prob b/c of manira inoue voicing lead chick

7/10
Aug 8, 2014 11:53 PM

May 2011
A drunk Natsuno is the best Natsuno. Dere all the time. Except for when she vomits at the end I guess haha. It was nice to see her so many different outfits as well.

Needed more happy SHINING Maxi-sama though.
Sep 1, 2014 6:29 PM

Feb 2013
Natsuno being drunk was cute. a whole different side of her. This episode had a lot a of beastality. Got a little weird with that. I laughed when Natsuno threw up on him. Did anyone notice when they shwed those outfits they showed what clearly looked like Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangelion school uniform and Maou dress from Maoyu Maou Yusha. I wished that shining girl got her own episode but didn't. Oh well.
Dec 16, 2014 3:07 AM
Apr 2013
The setting was interesting all in all, but there is no plot here.
Jan 30, 2015 10:03 PM

Jul 2012
Dog & Scissors? More like S & M.

Amusing show. But bad.
Mar 15, 2015 5:01 PM

Sep 2014
I really enjoyed this.

I feel sad for Natsuno, knowing that they'll never be able to be together because he's a dog. I was hoping for some sort of miracle resurrection ass-pull but it never happened.

This show unintentionally makes me feel sympathy for its characters and most shows who try to make me feel it fail miserably, so props to dog and scissors
Jun 15, 2015 7:56 PM
Apr 2015
I want there to be another season... But i know that will never happen.. I dont know why but I had high hopes for this anime but in the end it was a bit of a disappointment .. I wish he had the chance to become a human again or at least shack up with a cute lil bitch.. ( hehe) If there ever is another season I will watch it, it was a partly funny comedy ... I just wanted a little more uniqueness..
Oct 19, 2015 7:25 AM

Jan 2013
This anime was truly bad.
4/10
Jan 29, 2016 3:05 AM
Jul 2018
i wish the mc turn human
not bad
7/10
removed-userJan 29, 2016 3:16 AM
Mar 24, 2016 2:41 PM

Apr 2014
Second time watching, still funny and enjoyable as when I first watch it.
Still wish there is a second season.
Aug 31, 2017 1:40 PM

Feb 2013
This was a good show. Nothing amazing, but I enjoyed it.

7/10
Dec 1, 2018 7:09 PM

Oct 2012
does anyone know the ending of the LN? :(
Mar 17, 2019 4:59 PM

Oct 2015
I think this was good funny series, although the humor was repetitive. I loved Natsuno but it got weird when she developed a sense of crush for the dog and it got weirder when the sister became obsessive over him.

If it makes me laugh even though it has repetitive comedy I will rate it higher. 8/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 15, 2019 1:19 AM

May 2017
What should i say , wtf this anime and wtf those coment , ppl are looking for story in anime about dog and cisors with a sadistic plat girl ?! Its like watching code geass for mecha , or madoka for magical girl , its even worse , this show was there to be funny in a stupid repetitive way
Dont waist your time , if you want serious story go watch something like psycho pass or evangelion

Anyway nice last ep , loved all that dream part, especialy cause its a easy way to give fanservice for all character and damn shining in wedding dress is realy shining ! I think i got blind xb didnt have a shining ep , but she was in almost all ep for a litle time and she sing some song , like that part in beach, but they didnt say why she dont like dogs, why adding that thing if they dont explain it...i guess its to sell LN or something else or maybe ova
Masochist power op

7/10
2 for shining girl
5 for everything else lol
would have put :
8 for shining ep
9 for shining fanservice ep
10 for shining anime XD
LadyLeeMingJun 15, 2019 1:24 AM
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Oct 16, 2019 10:57 PM

Aug 2015
At least Kennel Tokorozawa had the decency to be a 45 minute OVA

I was really hoping this would be something that would click with me, but just like the last time I tried to watch it when it was new in 2013, it just doesn't.

The female-on-male violence felt like animal abuse at first until I realized that you are meant to insert as the dog. So the dog is us submissives, metaphorically. That's fine, but this anime just doesn't work. It's described as a "nonsense comedy mystery" and it does try to be those things, but it's not good at any of them. The nonsense is not particularly interesting, it's not really funny, and it's mystery is just a series of vignettes in the shape of a mystery that are progressively less focused than the one the preceded it- finding the killer from the restaurant, finding the slasher / who is targeting Akiyama Shinobu, and and that's it.

Kirihime herself is exactly my type, but mentally she's immature compared a similar looking adult beauty like Sakurako from Beautiful Bones or Yuuko the witch from xxxHolic. Hell, I feel more M energy listening to Yuuko talking normally to Watanuki that I do from most of this anime's "punishment" scenes, most of which involve the dog being shaved in a flash or off camera, or maybe running from a thrown blade. Not much to be excited about at all, unless you want to be stabbed. Most of the punishments are for calling Kirihime flat, which is as stale as they get as an excuse for violence. I can overlook this, but when an anime fails to excite me, grating cliches like this become tiring. 1/3 of all Slayers dialogue is Lina Inverse's supposed lack of bust, yet Slayers anime are so good on the whole it doesn't get grating, while here it does, with "flat-chest" seeming to come out of MC's mouth every 5 seconds. All of the characters are basically gimmicks, who never deviate far from their stock dialogue- Maxi-sama is always shining, Hami is always threatening to kill herself with a fountain pen- at least Suzuna has varied dialogue for her one-note masochism, a gimmick that somehow makes her feel even more obsessed with pain and humiliation than Darkness from Konosuba - Darkness at least knows how to draw limits. That said, Suzuna was probably the next best character after Kirihime, since the Mistress / Slave play is at least the most gratifying S/M-themed content in this anime.

Can't you at least draw Kirihime puking in graphic detail? Why do we have to cut to a dam bursting like it's a comedy movie from 1980?

It's hard to care about anything when the characters are just so flat; the character artwork is pretty nice, eg. the killer maid; so it's a shame the anime is just kinda painful and cringey. Eg. the recurring joke characters, from which humor is supposed to derive from their appearance I guess - afro man, the cat-girl landlady, the muscle bros- lol so random, amirite?) For example, that third author, that maid's mistress: ok, let's just keep cameo-ing this girl none of the characters have met in person and we the audience know nothing about. Am I supposed to care about this girl?

I do wonder if watching this at a different time of day or in a different state of mind would have changed anything. It's possible the dub might have at least given me better mileage and I might have squeezed more enjoyment from this anime if Kirihime's lines went straight to my brain instead being mediated through text. But I think this is a result of me being disappointed that I couldn't like an anime that is offering a dominant waifu. But, bear in mind, one dominant waifu-, two if you can count a yandere imouto- while Princess Resurrection has three dominant waifus.

1 humiliation play out of 5
Nov 14, 2019 3:36 AM
Jul 2018
LOL Look at all the angry weebs in the older posts, this cracks me up more than this good cringe show did. I never saw everyone bashing a show consensually like that before.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2013

256 by Lily_1337_p3d0 »»
Jul 9, 2023 11:14 PM

Poll: » Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2013

60 by Estefan »»
Mar 20, 2023 8:59 PM

» who else here from the anirecap video

jerkingdolphin - Feb 15, 2022

1 by 1078Kish-kun »»
Mar 24, 2022 6:33 AM

Poll: » Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2013

55 by Ashhk »»
May 27, 2021 6:44 AM

Poll: » Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2013

39 by Ashhk »»
May 26, 2021 1:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.