Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Oct 4, 2013 3:24 PM

Aug 2012
Stupid anime...its just like the same cliche shounen anime ,but with a grotesque animation...

I mean... if anime is "saved" with this shit...things are sooo bad... D:
Oct 4, 2013 3:34 PM

Mar 2012
Thelight52 said:
Stupid anime...its just like the same cliche shounen anime ,but with a grotesque animation...

I actually lol'd.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 4, 2013 3:41 PM
Jun 2010
Oh jesus! Such an action in the beginning my god. Hope this can be intense as TTGL.
Oct 4, 2013 3:42 PM
Jul 2013
For some reason that was really annoying.. The animation looks very old? Or is that just me..

Oh well I'll see episode 2 .
Oct 4, 2013 3:48 PM

Aug 2009
Anmoly97 said:
For some reason that was really annoying.. The animation looks very old? Or is that just me..

Yes it looks old and it's one of the best things in KLK
Oct 4, 2013 3:57 PM

Sep 2007
My my, the Gurren Lagann team does it again. Kill la Kill was just so full of craziness. Still waiting on Ryuuko to bust out the Gainax pose.
Oct 4, 2013 3:59 PM

Dec 2012
Thelight52 said:

What do Aku no Hana and Kill La Kill have in common?

1/5, the only thing this anime has saved so far is a spot on my drop list.
Oct 4, 2013 4:13 PM
Oct 2010
tsudecimo said:
skudoops said:
Cabron said:

LOL personal taste my friend.

an anime trying to be intelligent with its dialogue but it's pretty trash overall and people probably just enjoy it for the fanservice.

If that's was true then Nise should have been ranked in the top 50. If you really think Bakemonogatari is trash then you should make a thread in the sub forums expanding your points and reasoning behind that and make it open for discussion, instead of spamming it in an irrelevant topic.

Also the whole you have x in your favorites therefore your taste is shit is really petty, childish and idiotic. This isn't /a/.

I wasn't attacking his taste, I was contrasting his opinion with what he has rated highly, it's extremely different than attacking a person's taste. BTW how is one post spam anyway?
Oct 4, 2013 4:13 PM
Jan 2012
EratiK said:
Feels good witnessing a historical moment.
This exactly.
I can't believe how incredibly they've mastered scale in every aspect.
From the incredibly calm beginning with the lecture, to the student council president standing at the top of her tower.
Brilliant.
Oct 4, 2013 4:22 PM

Aug 2012
Ratohnhaketon said:

OH HARUHI THIS /\.
Oct 4, 2013 4:23 PM
Jun 2013
Ratohnhaketon said:
Thelight52 said:

Fantastic.
Oct 4, 2013 4:30 PM
Oct 2011
That outfit was definitely unnecessary, though other than that, pretty good episode.
Oct 4, 2013 4:32 PM

May 2012
04:08 mata tenkousei ka yo・・・ /facepalm

04:24 KIRU RA KIRU

06:39 aa、noreta、noreta yo!

07:33 Makochan〜

15:50 the best chikan in the anime history? LOOOL

17:13 mise pantsu ja nakute mo ii yo、Makochan。

Lameness overloaded. Below-average fighting animation. (Well, I'm sure the SAO and EVA fans would totally love it.)
The most overhyped+overrated TV series of this season, so far.
I wouldn't even enjoy it 10 years ago.
1/10 for this episode. Dropped.
ShirubaasouruOct 4, 2013 4:59 PM
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Oct 4, 2013 4:50 PM

Mar 2013
Pretty good episode. I really like the animation and Ryuko in her smexy outfit. Just great.

Don't hype the show so the haters won't rage. I'm sure the ones who are saying this show is crap are mad because its getting too much attention. So they will do anything to make this show look bad.
Oct 4, 2013 4:56 PM

Aug 2012
Very good 1st episode.Crazy pace and good animation. I loved it 5/5

Oct 4, 2013 5:02 PM

Oct 2013
I really like how this anime is in the TTGL style, felt nice to see that animation style once again.

Ryuko's costume caught me by surprise I didn't expect that, but I did like that you could see she was a bit uncomfortable wearing it since she was blushing. LOL not bad.

Also that boxing guy was awesome. Can't wait to see how this turns out.
Oct 4, 2013 5:10 PM

Feb 2012
wtf was that~ didn't like the first episode that much, everything was too over the top for me and too much happened in one episode D:

well, seems like lots of other people like it at least~ I'll give it until episode 3 though, since I still see potential in this series, just that they packed too much in the first episode for me to enjoy T-T
Oct 4, 2013 5:11 PM

Jun 2013
pure epicness
Oct 4, 2013 5:15 PM
Nov 2010
Well that was pretty much awful. The direction is incredibly obnoxious, there's no chance at all to soak anything in, the show is just focused on moving from one story beat to the next as fast as possible. The lack of any sort of build up results in all of the "epic" moments falling flat. I see no possible way the show can keep up this pace without hitting a massive slump before too long.
Oct 4, 2013 5:31 PM
Mar 2013
smilewolfy said:
wtf was that~ didn't like the first episode that much, everything was too over the top for me and too much happened in one episode D:

well, seems like lots of other people like it at least~ I'll give it until episode 3 though, since I still see potential in this series, just that they packed too much in the first episode for me to enjoy T-T

This is how I felt as well. This was way too much for one episode. It was way to over the top to enjoy or take seriously. I'll keep watching though to see if it gets better.
Oct 4, 2013 5:37 PM

Mar 2012
Just re-watched this for the third time. It's still incredible.

Ratohnhaketon said:
They're the two best anime of 2013?
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 4, 2013 5:37 PM
Oct 2010
Salxer said:
this will be great if it's half as good as the sisters arc,take a seat pls
but seriously,as someone already said,this argument and using someone's favorites against them is pretty immature.

There's nothing immature about pointing out a contradiction in someone's logic. It's like me saying I hate a show because it has mecha action when I have a bunch of mecha shows highly rated on my list.

BTW the sisters "arc" is pretty below average, I'd forgive someone if they didn't realize they were watching an arc and not a bunch of randomness until the last 4-5 episodes of the arc when it's actually 15 episodes in length.
Oct 4, 2013 5:48 PM

Mar 2013
Uhhh...I don't even know what to say....this completely blew me away..wtf...
This is amazing, the hype is unbelievable....and dat animation..
The uniform's interesting...especially hers XD
Oct 4, 2013 6:09 PM
May 2013
"...So you add 3 cups of Gurren Lagann...allright, good, then 2 tablespoons of FLCL....ok, then you COULD add some Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, just to spice things up....good, and while you're at it, put a drop of sailor uniform rape, why not"

"...ok, I'm not sure what to call this, so let's go with Kill la Kill, because yes"
Oct 4, 2013 6:29 PM

Jul 2013
Orsonius said:
This is absolutely fucking retarded.

LOL RANDOM SHIT 20 min... how can anyone even watch this without cringing all the time?

What a waste of fucking time. SHIT ANIME IS SHIT.

It also looks fucking disgusting. Yeah great animation, too bad it is wasted on artwork that looks fucking terrible. I mean why not just watch a cartoon instead, they look at least as shit as this bullshit.

i honestly can't agree more
Oct 4, 2013 6:43 PM

Apr 2009
Ocelot117 said:
Orsonius said:

LOL RANDOM SHIT 20 min... how can anyone even watch this without cringing all the time?

It also looks fucking disgusting. Yeah great animation, too bad it is wasted on artwork that looks fucking terrible. I mean why not just watch a cartoon instead, they look at least as shit as this bullshit.

I guess you guys know next to nothing about art. Drawing in a simple style and making it look good seems like itd be easy to art newbs, but in fact it actually takes greater skill then doing a realistic style. Most american cartoons have better character designs then most animes, just look at Samurai Jack for example. The thing they lack usually is compelling storylines and character development. So many animes stick to the same cliched art style, why close your mind to an art style that takes risks and does something way different then everything else out right now? Not to mention the body language and expressiveness of these drawings, seriously smh -_-
Oct 4, 2013 6:47 PM

Jul 2013
WyattEarp said:
Ocelot117 said:
Orsonius said:

I guess you guys know next to nothing about art. Drawing in a simple style and making it look good seems like itd be easy to art newbs, but in fact it actually takes greater skill then doing a realistic style. Most american cartoons have better character designs then most animes, just look at Samurai Jack for example. The thing they lack usually is compelling storylines and character development. So many animes stick to the same cliched art style, why close your mind to an art style that takes risks and does something way different then everything else out right now? Not to mention the body language and expressiveness of these drawings, seriously smh -_-

Different people have different. I just can't stand that art style and so much happened in just one episode it felt rushed.
I could say the same to you for dropping an anime like Clannad which in my opinion was excellent.
Ocelot117Oct 4, 2013 6:51 PM
Oct 4, 2013 6:52 PM
Jul 2018
Crazy,beautiful animation, and over the top ludicrousy to the max!

I'm going to have fun with this show.
Oct 4, 2013 6:56 PM

Mar 2013
I liked it.
meditate on bass weight.
Oct 4, 2013 7:41 PM

Apr 2009
Ocelot117 said:
WyattEarp said:
Ocelot117 said:
Orsonius said:

Different people have different. I just can't stand that art style and so much happened in just one episode it felt rushed.
I could say the same to you for dropping an anime like Clannad which in my opinion was excellent.

Well I meant to kind of address the poster that you quoted more so then you, who stated that both cartoons and kill la kill look like shit. That's just plain ignorant.

Clannad was okay from the 6 episodes I've seen, it's just not my cup of tea, felt too sappy to me, and there's just too many amazing shows out there, can't watch all of em haha :P

And I agree that it was a really rushed episode, and I think it's just supposed to show how chaotic that city really is, but still it was a little too much. I still loved it tho. 9/10 so far, but I can see this show easily rising up to a 10.
Oct 4, 2013 7:47 PM

Dec 2012
WyattEarp said:
Ocelot117 said:
WyattEarp said:
Ocelot117 said:
Orsonius said:

Well I meant to kind of address the poster that you quoted more so then you, who stated that both cartoons and kill la kill look like shit. That's just plain ignorant.

Clannad was okay from the 6 episodes I've seen, it's just not my cup of tea, felt too sappy to me, and there's just too many amazing shows out there, can't watch all of em haha :P

And I agree that it was a really rushed episode, and I think it's just supposed to show how chaotic that city really is, but still it was a little too much. I still loved it tho. 9/10 so far, but I can see this show easily rising up to a 10.

That's not being ignorant for expressing his personal opinion that cartoons or kill la kill looks like shit. It's ignorant if they said it was easy to draw or something along that lines.
ClawViperOct 4, 2013 7:53 PM
Oct 4, 2013 7:52 PM

Jan 2011
KILL la KILL's first episode was AMAZING! I had such a fun time watching it. Studio Trigger certainly didn't disappoint me. Very reminiscent to Gurren Lagann especially the animation and how ridiculous things get. I really like how the uniforms act as power-suits and have a star-rating. Ryuuko Matoi is a great female protagonist already. Sure she's a tad cliche with the whole 'avenge my father' motive but at least she's not just pure fanservice. Ryuuko's uniform is hilarious. Ryuuko looks really hot in that outfit though and of course she's a real badass with her scissor sword. I can't wait for more! Also, the OST is SO GOOD - Freaking love Hiroyuki Sawano's works!
5/5
Oct 4, 2013 7:53 PM

Feb 2013
this shit is going to be amazing, thank god its 2 cour
Oct 4, 2013 7:58 PM
Oct 2012
Araby said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

That is actually a good point. Both are attempt to achieve distinction through a visual style. When I saw Aku no Hana 1 I questioned whether the art could handle 12-13 episodes. It couldn't. This show has the same potential problem. Can it have 12 episodes as fun as the first?

I don't know, only time will tell.
Oct 4, 2013 8:05 PM

Feb 2012
tankoubon-feind said:
pizza_012 said:
While i was doing something productive, I just realized how crappy the show was. It was definitely a shot action-wise but all of it seemed laughable. Dunno why people are loving this.

im sorry but if you have fairy tail as your favorite anime you have no right to call any other anime crappy. it seems like everyone complaining about the episode had some sort of weird expectation that this would be some deep show from the start when it was obvious since it was announced that this would be an action oriented over the top comedy. everyone else complaining just seems to be afraid of boobs...

LOL Are you fucking kidding me? The last time i updated that panel was like 2 years ago. It just limits you to pick five so it will definitely not make any justice at all. lol Tbh, Your post just makes me laugh. I will not go any further than this 'cause it's really pointless.
Oct 4, 2013 8:22 PM
Jun 2013
WyattEarp said:
Ocelot117 said:
Orsonius said:

What have I just read?
Oct 4, 2013 8:24 PM

May 2009
honestly, the first half bored me, but the second half won me over
i have high hopes for this anime
Oct 4, 2013 8:36 PM

Apr 2009
Takuan_Soho said:
Araby said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

That is actually a good point. Both are attempt to achieve distinction through a visual style. When I saw Aku no Hana 1 I questioned whether the art could handle 12-13 episodes. It couldn't. This show has the same potential problem. Can it have 12 episodes as fun as the first?

I don't know, only time will tell.

Well the people making it have a pretty good track record so far
Oct 4, 2013 8:40 PM

Jul 2013
tankoubon-feind said:
im sorry but if you have fairy tail as your favorite anime you have no right to call any other anime crappy. it seems like everyone complaining about the episode had some sort of weird expectation that this would be some deep show from the start when it was obvious since it was announced that this would be an action oriented over the top comedy. everyone else complaining just seems to be afraid of boobs...

you do not even have fairy tail in you anime list. what are you even talking about??
Oct 4, 2013 9:07 PM

Jul 2011
Wow that kept me on the edge for the entire show. The plot makes this one of the best action-heavy shows I've seen in a while. I'm excited for what's next but I hope it doesn't follow a one-opponent-per-episode style.

Ryuuko best girl, Mika Kobayashi returns for a brilliant IN and Aoi Eir's OP omg.

This season's first episodes are brilliantly succeeding at world-building.
kaizen_tOct 4, 2013 9:17 PM
the irreplaceable one existed there~

Oct 4, 2013 9:55 PM

Jan 2011
Hate to say it but I think her uniform is almost too revealing. While although sexy as all hell it just seems to be a little too over the top when compared to the rest. Idk I'm kicking myself for having such a thought but couldn't help it.
Oct 4, 2013 9:59 PM

Jul 2008
It would be hard to fight with the full scissor :) but it could work as a 2-handed blade :D
Oct 4, 2013 10:00 PM

Nov 2010
Ocelot117 said:
tankoubon-feind said:

you do not even have fairy tail in you anime list. what are you even talking about??
He has the manga. And I have the anime in my list, what you gonna do about it?
Oct 4, 2013 10:06 PM
Aug 2012
I knew this wasn't going to be my kind of show...
Oh well, I may as well watch it and then complain about it after every episode.
Oct 4, 2013 10:17 PM

Jul 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
Ocelot117 said:
tankoubon-feind said:

He has the manga. And I have the anime in my list, what you gonna do about it?

so he has read a bit of the manga my mistake. and who are you? I don't give a fuck if you have seen the anime.
Oct 4, 2013 10:20 PM
Aug 2011
Alright this is yet another pretentious shit with good animation which will make everyone believe that is actually quality when it's not lol
Oct 4, 2013 10:38 PM
Sep 2011
I like the visual style, but damn that costume was way too over the top. If it gets better and have a great story, I don't know how I am going to introduce this to my friends.
Oct 4, 2013 11:04 PM

Jan 2013
I didn't have high hopes for this anime (even though most people did) but I actually enjoyed it.

This anime adds on to the already fantastic anime season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2013 11:28 PM

Jun 2012
Lol, the insane hype for this is nonsense. I mean it was a pretty good episode... but geez it's like everyone's freaking out because it's the slightest bit like Gurren Lagann. I definitely have high hopes for this series... but damn nothing really happened this episode to go crazy over. Though, I will say that it's made me decide to finally go and re-watch / finally finish Gurren Lagann... I didn't even know before I started it was by the same guy, but it was certainly easy to tell.
tankoubon-feind said:

Not seeing the relevance here. No need to get all haughty just because someone likes something you don't. I liked the episode, and I'm not a huge fan of Fairy Tail, but I'm not sure why people who happen to not like the first episode can't voice their opinion. Not everyone's going to like it... and obviously something like this is easy to be a hit or miss with people.
Oct 4, 2013 11:44 PM

Jun 2013
So far this is anime of the season for me, art style was very good and an interesting premise. Hope this will be a 2 cour show because this is amazing. =D
Pages (18) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

958 by kitsune_blade »»
Jun 16, 10:35 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2013

264 by Tamasul »»
Jun 1, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

300 by Tamasul »»
May 31, 7:42 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2013

337 by Kamirura »»
May 29, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

189 by Tamasul »»
May 27, 1:01 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.