Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
COPPELION
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Oct 3, 2013 2:09 AM

Nov 2012
The series looks interesting and seem very promising so far but i find the animation a bit odd, it almost looks like the background has been filmed with a green-screen (if you get what i mean)
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Oct 3, 2013 2:10 AM

Jan 2011
The background scenery is pretty and realistic.
I don't like the thick outline of the characters. It make them stand out too much from the background that it's way too unnatural.
Oct 3, 2013 2:33 AM

May 2012
01:19 kansaiben!

02:45 school trip? neechan、u sure?

04:10 there's a possibility that it's not human

06:33 senpai no baka!

18:54 is the dog gonna transform? lol

21:54 oresama ga kimi o mamore misemasu、Aoichan。

Not bad, but kinda boring at some parts. The backgrounds were top-notch.
7/10 for this ep.
Ano kotachi wa mirai ga aru no ka? Tsuzuku。
Last but not least, KIRITSUGU!
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Oct 3, 2013 2:48 AM
Aug 2012
Didn't like this episode. But I'll give it another episode before bumping up the speed.
Oct 3, 2013 3:33 AM

Feb 2013
Not a bad first episode. I think I'll keep watching this one.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Oct 3, 2013 3:52 AM

Jun 2013
the premise of the story is kinda cool and interesting and fuck yes a MC got killed in the first ep oh god i hope she's dead that will make it more epic need more blood and violence will keep on watching
Oct 3, 2013 4:05 AM

Mar 2010
23 minutes of girls with way too short skirts walking around

Other than that - amazing artstyle. Really loved the details and colouring.
Was a bit too calm and i had a bad feeling that maybe that girl who was left with the dog will end up hurt, and i was right.

So yeah, predictable and bit on the borderline of boring and too calm, but still quite promising. :)
Oct 3, 2013 5:15 AM

May 2010
Horrible characters. Nice art, but I hate the huge black lines used. Not sure what to think of it yet, but overall I thought it was far too boring.

~ Love knows no boundaries ~ -- Thanks to -Luzifer- for the signature.
Oct 3, 2013 5:40 AM

Apr 2012
Only in anime would you have three young girls exploring a radioactive city in very short skirts! ^_^

The artwork was very good but the plot is a bit meh.
Oct 3, 2013 6:44 AM
Feb 2013
Man, I can imagine how much school girl uniform fetish does this anime's writer has.

3 girls doing a routine search of the area, still be in their school uniform, geezz, why didn't the writer made them wore simple clothes or be in proper search and rescue attire?
Oct 3, 2013 6:55 AM

Apr 2012
Probably gonna watch it just for the beautiful background/scenery.

Outlining the characters as it is done here looks like they are standing in front of a green screen.
It somehow looks completely out of place and the proportions seem off at times.
And what's up with all those upskirt shots? The skirts are already so goddamn short it's absurd that you see no panties but all those upskirt shots seem like a lazy tease to catch more viewers. Kinda annoying.
Oct 3, 2013 7:19 AM

Apr 2013
Episode 1 was good not great but I have a feeling this will be the stand out Seinen show of this season. I'm already sensing something darker than the show is letting on.
Oct 3, 2013 7:28 AM

Jan 2013
I like the background artwork but the thick black borders around the characters kind of mess up the character artwork. The clothes don't really fit to the search & rescue party image. All in all, its ok.
Oct 3, 2013 7:36 AM
Jan 2013
it was alright has potential didnt like the art give it a 4/10 for know only just started so sure it will improve
Oct 3, 2013 7:39 AM

May 2011
I love the background artwork, but the contrast to the characters ruins it a bit for me. I feel like everything would have looked alot better without the whole school uniform thing, but as far as the plot goes it seems good. Hopefully it will turn alot darker.
Oct 3, 2013 9:12 AM

Jun 2013
Hmm... Interesting to say the least.

As I'm a big fan of SoL/iyashikei, I liked the mundane atmosphere and pacing of the episode to be honest.

But I really don't know why they have to wear their school uniforms. I know that it's not necessary per se, but if I'm planning to take a walk through chernobyl, despite the fact that nothing can harm me, I should dress/equip myself properly - it's a rescue mission in an hostile environment after all.

The backgrounds were goddamn beautiful. The cast didn't convince me so far, but they weren't bad either.

So... good first episode, I'm going to look forward to the next episodes.
Oct 3, 2013 9:42 AM

Oct 2012
Pretty good start, those backgrounds are just beautiful. I'm probably going to have to get use to the cast but they weren't bad. Not a big fan of the outlines and I'm not sure where the story is going, but I'm definitely gonna stick around and find out, as it was definitely interesting.
Oct 3, 2013 9:48 AM
May 2013
I liked it, but it may take a while before I adjust to the artstyle.
Oct 3, 2013 9:56 AM

Jul 2012
Yay after K I thought Go Hands only makes shitty shows, but this show seems to be pretty good so far.

Also we have a winner for best animation Fall.

And lastly I hate Aoi already...
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Oct 3, 2013 9:59 AM

Sep 2012
The backgrounds are amazing! It was a good first episode

_Ghost_ said:
I like the background artwork but the thick black borders around the characters kind of mess up the character artwork. The clothes don't really fit to the search & rescue party image. All in all, its ok.

While I was watching the episode I was thinking about their clothes, school uniform for rescue people? WTF? But I think I can deal with it
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Oct 3, 2013 10:06 AM

Feb 2010
Yeah, Schoolgirls as the MCs in that kind of setting is weird, but it's not like I didn't know that already from the information previously available so what can you do.
I'm really enjoying the setting as expected though and it seems the girls have more abilities than just the hightened resistance (they mentioned that one girl having animal-like senses because of her DNA), which could be cool. The visuals were of course beautiful like K and I also immediately recognized the thick outlines like in AoT, lol. Going with the flow, huh? ^^

It'll take a few episodes to figure out if this is gonna be good (aka having interesting characters and a decent plot) or if it'll fall apart. First impression is okay, but I don't trust those anyway.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 3, 2013 10:11 AM

Aug 2012
So Gorgeous!! 0.0
Even though its three girl protagonists their not etcchi or fan-servicey or anything which I appreciate so much ^-^
I am already in love with the characters and story <3
Oct 3, 2013 10:26 AM

Jan 2013
great animation ^^ like ED song so much and hope that it will be good anime : )
Oct 3, 2013 10:38 AM

Nov 2012
Good first episode. The art was great, it gave the anime a special atmosphere. I like the concept of abandoned and infected towns, so I think this anime is great :)
"I can have food or drinks spilled on me, or even be spit at and ill laugh about it ,
However , If for any reason you hurt a friend of mine, I won't forgive you!"

- Red-Haired Shanks
Oct 3, 2013 10:43 AM

Jan 2013
Well, was an interesting episode, nothing much happened tho. Really love the OP and ED, would like too hear more OSTs throughout the series.
Oct 3, 2013 10:55 AM

Jun 2013
Ruben_Jb said:
Well, was an interesting episode, nothing much happened tho. Really love the OP and ED, would like too hear more OSTs throughout the series.
What op?
Oct 3, 2013 11:00 AM

Apr 2009
Yeah... no. I could barely get through the episode. I was hoping a more Tokyo Magnitude feel, but instead this is some kind of walk in feral city totally unprepared + ogling up girls' skirts fetish fest. I don't get this anime tbh, why would you have this setting and yet undermine any effective drama with choosing to run with these main characters. Is it really something like "because school girls can sell anything"?

Not my thing aka dropped.
Oct 3, 2013 11:06 AM

Jun 2013
fackifiknow said:
Ruben_Jb said:
What op?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO5r5YJrgJY
Oct 3, 2013 11:28 AM

Apr 2009
Totally awesome in my book. Those absolutely beautiful detailed post-apocalyptic sceneries and overall atmosphere of the setting plus GoHands outstanding animation are a match made in heaven.
Oct 3, 2013 11:36 AM
Aug 2013
The Action's quite nice & the post-apocalypse feel really sets in XD
Oct 3, 2013 11:40 AM
Jan 2011
Manga has a much better fanservice than this anime.
Oct 3, 2013 12:05 PM

Jun 2013
Interesting first episode it kinda reminds me of the game Fallout a little. I love the ending theme too!
Oct 3, 2013 12:25 PM

Jul 2012
I wanna know what happened! One of the girls cares a lot about animals, because of her DNA. Does this mean that the others also have something special?

Nasty001 said:
Manga has a much better fanservice than this anime.

Luckily for me, I consider fan service as an extra :P
Oct 3, 2013 2:20 PM

Aug 2011
It figures, I didn't have high hopes for this one but it's strangely interesting. The post-apocalyptic setting naturally raises many questions to what happened. I'm impressed at it's visual presentation. It's not just a mess of brown just because of rubble, there's actually a lot of colour in the backgrounds and I find it beautiful.

There is inconsistency with the character outlines however, they would be noticeably thick in one shot and thin in the next, and even a mix of the two across the characters.

All in all, the premise of genetically enhanced beings in a destroyed, hazardous place is keeping me excited for more.
Oct 3, 2013 2:27 PM

Sep 2013
The very idea of a post apocalyptic anime pretty much takes a lot of my attention away from whatever. I just love this genre.

Although I question Ibara's choice for a pistol. She didn't seem to like old cars or something, so why does she use a Lugar? There are more advanced multi-functional guns in 2036, I'm sure.

http://i.imgur.com/zBNj0mw.jpg
Irony much?
Oct 3, 2013 2:50 PM

Apr 2010
This was better then the last GoHands production i saw but still not impressed this episode gave a impression of the surroundings but no explanation of what happened at all.
There is also no explanation why the girls could handle the surroundings while normal humans could not.
Basically what i saw here was three girls walking in a abandoned city and a helicopter flying around above it as for the conversations and event's not much interesting happened.

A other thing that stood out was the surroundings which look amazing but the characters on the other hand looked bad and almost out of place.
Why spend so much detail on the surroundings and place poorly made characters made characters in there it doesn't make sense.
AversaOct 3, 2013 3:19 PM
Oct 3, 2013 3:11 PM

Jul 2013
Seemed ok for a first episode I guess. I assume it's going to use flashbacks based on the preview to explain things while progressing whatever it is they're presently doing in the city.

I liked the ED though, it was sort of silly to see it so blatantly spoil what happens with the dog though but whatever.
Oct 3, 2013 3:30 PM

Mar 2012
First episode in (picked it up on a whim) and I have to say, it's a curious series to say the least. The episode seemed to provide me with more questions than answers. Such as...

How do you genetically create humans to counter a nuclear fallout?
Why are they wearing school uniforms to look for fallout survivors?
Why are they so unprepared from an equipment standpoint to do this?
If (guessing here) you're going to use these girls to perhaps seal off the epicenter, why not drop them off closer to it?
Or, see previous question, why aren't you using them to investigate the fallout instead of finding a scarce amount of survivors?

There are actually several other questions I could ask, but this is already becoming a tedious process. With that being said, I do like the atmosphere this series gives off and I do find the three leads to be pretty likable. But my God, I sure do hope this series starts answering the major questions because I don't want to go through this series wondering why the hell something so serious is being handled so poorly.
Oct 3, 2013 3:51 PM

Feb 2013
Reminds of me of K, liking it so far.
Oct 3, 2013 3:57 PM

Jul 2013
The one thing that bothered me more than the high school outfits was that they were acting like normal high school girls. Society has been largely obliterated, people are dying, and they go on a mission in skimpy outfits? Shouldn’t they have had extensive training, mentally and physically as they seem to be an elite, heavily invested, and valuable team? The scene where that one girl was scared of the wolf suspended my already waning disbelief too far.
Oct 3, 2013 4:01 PM

Dec 2012
Aversa said:

There is also no explanation why the girls could handle the surroundings while normal humans could not.

It was stated clearly that they are genetically engineered to have a high radiation(?) resistance.

I actually like that it doesn't spell everything out for you, I hate drawn out exposition.
Oct 3, 2013 5:23 PM

Feb 2012
Don't really care for the 3 girls so far. The main girl is alright I guess. I really like fallout type of world they have going and I can't wait to see more of that.
Oct 3, 2013 6:55 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
I think it's slightly better than K. That's not saying much though.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 3, 2013 7:33 PM
Jun 2013
is it just me?

I get the feeling the background art looked better than the drawn characters o.O
While it's interesting and not bad by any means this just quirks the hell outta me, seeing characters where the background looks better than them and also is "blatant" obvious(read break immersion, and i'm not someone who realizes stuff klike this normally) that the character are just on a 2D background o.O
Oct 3, 2013 9:01 PM

Feb 2010
I love the feel + atmosphere of this show.

Looking forward to finding out what happened to the Old Capital + more info on the genetically engineered girls.
Oct 3, 2013 9:54 PM
Mar 2011
Nagisa33 said:
The one thing that bothered me more than the high school outfits was that they were acting like normal high school girls. Society has been largely obliterated, people are dying, and they go on a mission in skimpy outfits? Shouldn’t they have had extensive training, mentally and physically as they seem to be an elite, heavily invested, and valuable team? The scene where that one girl was scared of the wolf suspended my already waning disbelief too far.

this basically just sums up what i was trying to say before. "hopefully" the show gets into that and explain their character, but initially, it does raises questions
"....i am the villain in this story"
Oct 3, 2013 10:44 PM

Oct 2012
Great visuals and an interesting premise. I'll definitely keep following this series.
Oct 4, 2013 2:43 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Interesting Art Style and main characters voice actors selection is quite unique o.o
Oct 4, 2013 2:51 AM

Apr 2009
Toucanbird said:
How do you genetically create humans to counter a nuclear fallout?

That's a top secret.
Toucanbird said:
Why are they wearing school uniforms to look for fallout survivors?

Because Japan =).
Toucanbird said:
Why are they so unprepared from an equipment standpoint to do this?

It's not like they were sent to war or something. Their mission is basically to walk around the ghost city most of the time with not a single other person nearby, the most dangerous thing there is radiation (at least that's the initial judgement), yet it is virtually harmless to our heroines.
Toucanbird said:
If (guessing here) you're going to use these girls to perhaps seal off the epicenter, why not drop them off closer to it?

Nobody is going to seal off the epicenter, it has been already sealed off 20 years ago.
Toucanbird said:
Or, see previous question, why aren't you using them to investigate the fallout instead of finding a scarce amount of survivors?

There is nothing to investigate about the fallout that happened 20 years ago. They had countless investigations in the past, they already know what went wrong.

Nagisa33 said:
The one thing that bothered me more than the high school outfits was that they were acting like normal high school girls. Society has been largely obliterated, people are dying, and they go on a mission in skimpy outfits?

Society is fine. Tokyo went nuclear 20 years ago, but that's about it. Japan is bigger than Tokyo, they already overcame the disaster, so the ghost town now is mostly just a reminding scar from the past.
Oct 4, 2013 3:20 AM

Jun 2011
amazing visuals/backgrounds..
of course, i'm not surprised since GoHands has a hand on it.
4/5
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2013

156 by Assassin2112 »»
Apr 28, 5:23 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Karoshi- - Nov 5, 2013

129 by Assassin2112 »»
Apr 26, 8:20 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

70 by Dekom »»
Feb 28, 3:34 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2013

85 by Dekom »»
Feb 27, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2013

72 by Dekom »»
Feb 26, 3:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.