Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jan 28, 2013 6:58 PM
Sep 2009
Those that say that Iori didn't change and that this arc was pointless clearly didn't understand it nor her character.

I think this arc finally made Iori as a likable character because she got explored the most and her issue was probably the worst right after Yui. People don't seem to realize what it's like to keep your emotions bottled up and sometimes not be able to do what you want.

Iori might seem the same but she has changed. She simply decided that happy personality fits her the most. If any more phenomen will happen, she won't be focused on real self issue anymore.

Iori could easily be a happy type of person while at the same time be honest and occasionally say what she really thinks even if it is mean. Everything depends on how you present your thoughts. With cold attitude it obviously got negative reaction but if she does it this way things would be easily over looked while she could still be herself.
I think she chose a perfect personality. Besides that's the one she is comfortable with and that's what matters.

I think this arc really added a lot and it would be great to have sequel because then we would know for sure how much of a change has happened.
Jan 29, 2013 8:39 PM

Aug 2012
fishergirl16 said:
And I got my couple <3 Inaba x Taichi is soo cute! I was fangirling haha ^-^; I didn't think they would start going out.. And Iori is happy as well :) I feel like the switch to Inaba might have been a little too sudden though, having seen Taichi just the previous special assure Iori of her own self with his love for her. But meh, I still got who I wanted hehe! And that usually doesn't happen for me in many animes ! xP

I feel the same way about the pairing, throughout both shows I really wanted it to be Inaba x Taichi.

In episode 16 when Taichi was saying that even then he loved Iori I got the feeling that he meant it in a more 'friendly love' kind of meaning because he followed that up by saying that they would continue to be friends.

In retrospect I feel like even in the original they were building towards this pairing, for example with Inaba's first kiss (and her second first kiss :-P) being with Taichi even if she was used as a proxy for the first one. In this one the scene where he semi-admits that he wasn't 100% sure about confessing to Iori and that if Inaba had said not to he probably wouldn't have. That scene (although it wasn't perfect) made me feel like Taichi was probably in love to a certain degree with both of them and that it was a matter of tipping the scales in one or the other's favor. At least that's the way I've come to see it :-P

I agree that the paring was a bit sudden because of the slightly awkward pacing though. I gave this a 9/10 vs the 8/10 I gave the original (I don't think I was blinded by the pairing >.< maybe)
Feb 8, 2013 7:52 PM
May 2012
nretnaL said:
Huh? Didn't you see the part near the end where Fujishima told Taichi that she and Inaba did some background work with help from her father (some high ranking cop) and made sure that those guys could never come bother them again?

I don't care IF I speak my mind whatever I want about what happened in this one due it's been stuck in my head but wait, the show is over.

Oh well, Fuck it....
JafriZinMar 7, 2013 9:58 PM
Feb 9, 2013 7:48 PM

Jul 2012
What a beautiful series omggggg 9.5/10

Great characters, great emotion, great plot.

If I ever teach a philosophy or psychology class, I'm definitely making them watch Kokoro Connect.

So the series has ended and we still don't know a damn thing more about Heartseed and his ulterior motives behind messing with the cultural research club.

Yeah true. They need to conclude that...
Feb 11, 2013 7:18 PM

Oct 2012
defintely 9 of 10

Feb 13, 2013 7:19 PM

Oct 2012
holy shit, I don't know what else to say about this anime
an easy 10/10 for me + in my top 10 of all time

i really hope that there will be a second season/OVA or some sort XDDD
Feb 15, 2013 8:23 PM

Oct 2012
lastvelociraptor said:
holy shit, I don't know what else to say about this anime
an easy 10/10 for me + in my top 10 of all time

i really hope that there will be a second season/OVA or some sort XDDD

agree with you.. XD, but if this series can make me cried like some other slice of life anime probably it will become one of my fav series... XD

Feb 15, 2013 11:15 PM

Aug 2012
Marvelous!

The characters went through a lot, but it revealed many relationship dynamics that everyone should be aware of. Basic existentialism, the ideal vs. reality, character flaws, trying to understand one another on a comfortable level, the effort and will required to sustain friendships... Kokoro Connect addressed these social aspects by forcing its characters to confront them. Because of this, the show became personal to me. I had to empathize and endure along with the characters, cheering at times and tearing up at times. A great set-up for emotional reactions, and you may even learn a little about yourself in the process.

Truly enjoyable, Himeko Inaba, Kokoro Connect. Great stuff.
Feb 18, 2013 1:45 PM
Aug 2012
Anyone knows when the word "dereban" first used in this anime?

Thanks.
Feb 19, 2013 8:01 PM

Feb 2009
Inaba wins the game.
Which game?
EVERY game!

Still it felt too rushed to instantly switch girlfriends - or love interests, to be more precise.
Feb 28, 2013 6:22 PM

Nov 2007
why the hell did they not call the police on those guys? seriously?

I am somewhat happy he ended up with the right girl. Inaban was more likable. cuter. better personality. yeah.

Kinda disappointed if the Heartseed mystery just ends like that.
Mar 4, 2013 8:41 AM

Sep 2012
mystik said:
why the hell did they not call the police on those guys? seriously?

I am somewhat happy he ended up with the right girl. Inaban was more likable. cuter. better personality. yeah.

Kinda disappointed if the Heartseed mystery just ends like that.

No mystik, the Heartseed mystery isnt over. These 17 episodes only covered 4 of the current 9 volumes of the light novel series. There's enough content for at least another season. Also, the light novels series isnt over either.
Delays are temporary. Mediocracy lasts forever.
Mar 6, 2013 3:33 PM

Jul 2010
The phenomenons aren't over? B-but Heartseed said so, what other things could they do to make a stronger bond?
I think the transmissions were somewhat random, however, when it got to the point where their lives could be at stake, that's when Heartseed purposely interferes. It's similar to when Iori fell off the bridge.
It's not so wrong to see Iori act like it never happened, because when she was depressed it was because nobody understood her, now she has people she can rely on to pick her up off her feet.
You may read this quote , "However, by that point you'll have been torn to pieces."
Mar 6, 2013 6:27 PM

Sep 2012
MysticHaze said:
The phenomenons aren't over? B-but Heartseed said so, what other things could they do to make a stronger bond?

To be precise, 2 of the remaining 6 volumes are side story collections.
And theres 3 more arcs remaining, with the final spanning two volumes long.
Can't say much about 5th phenomenon without spoiling.
The 6th phenomenon is tailor-made to royally mess up Taichi (so for those who are disturbed by Taichi's seemingly bland development, this is what you've all been waiting for.)
7th and final... it's not just about the 5 of them anymore *snickers*
Mar 27, 2013 9:16 PM

Jun 2012
i don't know what to say about this show except that its really good

9/10 for sure
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Mar 31, 2013 8:44 PM
Aug 2010
Is this another useless guy kind of show? Where the series depends entirely on the girls? God I can't stand those. Judging by the favorites, it seems to be that kind of show.
Apr 9, 2013 10:47 PM

Apr 2011
Great ending.

I grin when that lame guy that punch by Taichi and Aoki. I felt satisfied.
Apr 10, 2013 3:37 PM
Apr 2013
I just finished watching the series and it's certainly one of the better shows I have watched. It's well written with a good dose of solid comedy combined with a story that truly shows great character development throughout the series.

It's not wrong that Inaba(n)'s VA has a fantastic voice, in my opinion, as well as the character being absolutely fantastic. That part at the end when Taichi woke up was pure gold.

The well executed double punch by Taichi and Aoki was awesomeness as well. My grin was enormous when that happened.

Easily a 9/10 overall, if not 10/10.
Apr 11, 2013 12:34 AM
Jan 2012
execution was very much an issue for this anime, but I'm happy that they were able to end it on a high note. Dereban is just awesomme :3........this arc tried to resolve the initial issue with iori introduced at the beginning of the series, but this arc dragged around during the middle stages with iori in her depression state, and there was no real logical epiphany moment for iori, just one huge melodramatic affair with a couple bullies and then *poof* "i'm going to live my life the way I want it to" a happily ever after ending. Overall, this series had its moments, I found some of the light humor and situations they put themselves in very humorous, but it just does not execute the strong emotional points very well. In retrospect, each arc set up very nicely with an interesting scenario, but failed to deliver on any of them with real emotional poignancy and instead falls flat on its face with a contrived, convenient anticlimactic ending (see tv end, and this ending) 6/10 overall for the series.
ftghbApr 11, 2013 12:51 AM
Apr 11, 2013 2:18 PM

Dec 2010
Ok, this final episode turned out to be exactly what I expected. It wasn't something better than my expectations, but it's not worse either.

1. Characters. +1. Well, Kokoro Connect has undeniably great characters, but still I don't like how these final 4 episodes didn't bring much to the depth or development of the characters, except for - of course - Iori. Her character was the most vague one after episode 13, so it's really good that she was at the center of this arc. Her development was done very well in my opinion. But still, Taichi, Aoki and Yui didn't develop the very least, while Inaba didn't really develop as well - just the newly developed character of hers'(since the end of the original anime run) was very well uncovered. And once again I'm disappointed from the lack of Aoki action and/or development.
2. Atmosphere. +1. Yeah, the good atmosphere from the original run was very well transfered in Michi Random.
3. OST. +1. I love the ED, it just succeeds in giving depth to the very anime/story, which is one of the most important things an ED should strive for - maybe even the most important one. As for the background themes and everything else - I have no objections, they were good enough.
4. Animation. +1. Kokoro Connect has a very good animation style - actually that was the reason I really started watching the anime back in the Summer/Autumn for, after seeing it's poster.
5. Background story. +1. The anime scores a point here simply because of the first episodes, haha.
6. Storyline. +1. The storyline was really good imo - I love how they chose to put Iori in the center, and how it concentrated on her character development. There were some nice twists as well.
7. Ending. I don't know about this one. The reason I can not give it a point easily is because I really wished for more of a dramatic ending. It's a good one, really, it just didn't meet my desires.
9. Drama. +1. Iori's drama is enough by itself. Especially the culmination of it.
10. Overall affect. +1. Even just the fact that there was sequel to the original run made me happy enough, but the sequel itself is good. The ending wasn't as dramatic as I'd like it to be, but this way it leaves a very good sense for the whole story, and affirms the permanence of Kokoro Connect. In a way this eventually makes the ending more valuable actually...

Overall score: 9/10.
Apr 14, 2013 11:11 AM
Nov 2012
Loved the series, Loved the episode and I just love Inaban and how she blushes and her embarrassing moments :D

They did an awesome job of character development in this anime, I don't think any anime has done it better than this (except a few) and have such an awesome story.

9.5/10 for me.
May 13, 2013 6:00 PM

Sep 2012
10/10 like how it ended, but i feel like Iori & Taichi just give up on each other & in the future Iori takes Taichi back, steals him from Inaba, but not intentionally ofc, so i think they were not true to their feeling & made wrong choices, it dose not mean i ton't like Inaba x Taichi, i do like it, its just what i think, my suspicion, its possible!!!
May 16, 2013 6:09 AM
May 2013
Wait... so Iori was pretending to be dark, or was she pretending to be happy and cheerful?

Love the ending >.< Taichi and Inaba
May 16, 2013 8:45 AM

Sep 2012
BunniesRawr said:
Wait... so Iori was pretending to be dark, or was she pretending to be happy and cheerful?

She's not really trying to pretend one way or the other. She's just too obsessed with "how people sees her" and ended up going to either extremes of black and white.

To put it simply, she's trying too hard and not realize that it really doesn't matter. She can really just be what she wants to be when she wants to be, and finding the right balance between her 'good' and 'bad' side is what she will learn from growing up. Hence there is no need to be obsessed with it and should just accept her true feelings instead of suppressing things other may deem 'negative'.
May 16, 2013 8:56 AM

Sep 2012
I really hope we get a second season or some OVAs. Even in just the very next book there is so much character development... I love the novels but I will be sad if they are never animated for a wider audience to see.

I'm glad people are happy with THIS 'ending' but really it is only half the story so you are left with half developed characters.
Jun 6, 2013 7:34 PM

Jan 2010
By all intents and purposes, I should have hated Kokoro Connect from the way it started. For what it is, plus all the problems going on in the background of the anime, I think it turned out pretty well. I'm...Surprised.
Jun 11, 2013 10:44 PM

Feb 2011
Beautiful stuff , reminded me of Clannad , had feelings of nostalgia. 9/10
Jun 22, 2013 2:07 AM

Jan 2012
GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY! HE JUST HIT THAT KID WITH THAT LEAD PIPE!

a good ol' slap to the face could have resolved this pms problem by at least half. the characters didnt even tried to experiment with the phenomenons. some random finale antagonists but at least it wasn't half bad. And ofc that classic ending where the main character explains what happens next because there will be NO 2ND SEASON.

peer pressure out of 10.
NoobHunterDJun 22, 2013 2:14 AM
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jun 25, 2013 3:23 AM

Nov 2011
I really loved this...

After not watching anime for so long, coming back and watching a series like this has made me fall inlove with anime again.
9/10

I just wish there was more :(
Jul 1, 2013 3:37 AM
Jul 2009
Wow, quite the roller coaster this show has been, and in a great way. The way they concluded things together at the end was so fulfilling and enjoyable.

Taichi x Inabi make for such great chemistry, and probably one of the most original confession scenes I've seen in awhile. DEREBAANNNNNNNN
Jul 4, 2013 1:58 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Compared to the main series, this last arc bored me. I expected a lot more. If a series helped build a character and the OVA just shows the final stadium, you credit the series and not the OVA.

6/10

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 12, 2013 8:50 AM

Feb 2010
:D
Jul 18, 2013 4:14 PM

Oct 2011
Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, Himeko x Taichi <3
I'm really glad the author chose this pairing. Himeko is definitely my favourite character in Kokoro Connect.

I wonder how it would be to hear some people's feelings. Sometimes I want to know who says the truth and who just says what others might want to hear.

It looks like Michi Random is the 4th volume of the light novel and there are up to 8 volumes right now, so I really hope for a 2nd season to see more Kokoro Connect. :D
Jul 18, 2013 4:34 PM

Sep 2012
10 volumes and now done actually: Hito Random (People), Kizu Random (Flaws), Kako Random (Pasts), Michi Random (Paths), Clip Time, Nise Random (Fakes), Yume Random (Dreams), Step Time, Asu Random (Tomorrows) parts 1 & 2. Absolutely needs a season 2 or 2 & 3!
Jul 22, 2013 4:35 PM

Jan 2013
What an incredible series! I loved all the romance/drama throughout and the ending was really satisfying.

I'm on board for TaichixInaba. They looked great together and she was the best girl after all. Here acting dere at the cafe was really cute.

I'm glad Iori was able to figure herself out but it was a little strange for her to just go back to being how she was. I mean she did say that she couldn't do it anymore. I find it a little strange that that's what she wanted to do so she behaves that way. Anyway, she made a new friend and is happy at least.

Kinda wished for a more solid end for Aoki and Yui but at least they're still getting along well.

Really enjoyed this. About half of the novels have been translated so I will read them eventually. My reading list as of right now is rather long so it might be quite a while before I get to it but I would like to read them at some point.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jul 31, 2013 3:36 PM

Aug 2008
The beginning of this episode was so cliche jesus LOL.

But when Taichi asked Inaban out! I was jumping out of my seat because FINALLY! I love when she gets embarrassed, it's the best haha.

8/10
Sep 14, 2013 8:50 AM

Nov 2008
Meh don't like the Taichi and Inaban pairing much.
Sep 16, 2013 8:56 PM
Nov 2011
I'm glad Taichi and Inaba got together. Inori can now choose what she wants to be, and stop trying to be something she isn't or is expected to be.

I feel sorry for the other guy. He didn't get much definition in the end.

But man.... watched all four of these back to back, and maybe it was just me, but some of the subtitles if not the dialog in general seemed suggestive to me as welll.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Sep 17, 2013 12:42 AM

Sep 2012
Veretax said:
I'm glad Taichi and Inaba got together. Inori can now choose what she wants to be, and stop trying to be something she isn't or is expected to be.

But man.... watched all four of these back to back, and maybe it was just me, but some of the subtitles if not the dialog in general seemed suggestive to me as welll.
I'm also glad Taichi and Inaba got together, OTP!

But, suggestive? Some of the subs were trollish though there is definitely a lot of suggestive stuff going on in this series.

Still hope beyond reasonable hope that the last 7 books get animated but likely they will remain novels only.
Sep 19, 2013 12:03 AM
Aug 2013
i love how flustered inaba gets when taichi pulls the lovey dovey stuff. man that shit is gold. i like them both together a lot actually!

i really wish there could be a 2nd season. but that prank that one of the voice actors pulled probably prevented that.

good show overal though. i'll miss it and the 5 of them. they all actually hold equal importance to me
Sep 20, 2013 3:16 AM

Apr 2013
Cerian said:
Meh don't like the Taichi and Inaban pairing much.

Yeah same here.Though I guess I don't mind it much,it helps that it was obviously gonna happen so I had time to accept it.Aoki and Kiriyama are definitely the best couple though in my opinion.

Iori was amazing in this episode.The first two episodes weren't very good but the last two were great.By the third one we really understood Iori's feelings (at least I did) and the 4th had a nice conclusion.
Sep 22, 2013 2:42 PM

Sep 2012
hpulley said:
Veretax said:

I'm also glad Taichi and Inaba got together, OTP!

But, suggestive? Some of the subs were trollish though there is definitely a lot of suggestive stuff going on in this series.

Still hope beyond reasonable hope that the last 7 books get animated but likely they will remain novels only.

i like the pairing to, how it went, nothing against Iori, just saying i like how it went

i guess that's why they made 4 specials so fast to end the story, like they have no plans to animate the rest of the novel
Sep 22, 2013 3:58 PM

Sep 2012
Actually I think they planned to make 17 episodes from the start. I think they realized that the place where they ended it was the only one that made sense for a first season and just 13 episodes would have been too rushed.
Sep 25, 2013 9:58 AM
May 2012
Inaba <3 she is really cute especially this episode Dereban!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well the ending is alright I'm glad that Iori is now fine and Inaba and Taichi is dating and Aoki and Yui is getting along well and that they're all happy again.

I enjoyed this series I had some good laughs and the atmosphere is nice and the songs too and I really hope that they'll animate the remaining novels I'm gonna wait for that :D

Thank you!!
Sep 25, 2013 11:42 PM
Feb 2013
Someone mentioned before that the Heartseed business hasn't been resolved yet, we do not know the purpose of 'it' affecting the five MCs and I agree with them. I have a glimmer of hope that there will be a second season to clarify this plot.

But other than that Taichi X Inaba (dereban) is my otp and ship! I thought it wouldn't be a cannon like Aoki and Yui. But it did happen and I'm in Cloud Nine~~ although I feel sad about Taichi x Iori but I knew since episode 1 that Taichi should end up with Inaba (episode 4 made confirmed it that this ship would sail in my book). 8.5 for me <3
Oct 3, 2013 1:29 AM

May 2012
This arc wasn't as good as the previous ones. And call me crazy but i really love the Taichi X Nagase pairing way more than Inaba. The ending threw me off lol. There was this build up of Iori throughout these 4 episodes, and all i wanted was for Taichi to man up and save the girl thats been suffering. But nonetheless, thank you kokoro connect.
Oct 15, 2013 4:24 PM

Jun 2008
Damn....this was so fucking stupid and bad, I feel even more disillusioned with drama romances.

Goddamn, I'm not even sure how I managed to get to the end, these last four episodes were very insufferable the majority of the time.

And to top it all off, very little was explained about our mysterious balloon vine....he's the only reason I managed to get this far and in the end they give us NOTHING!

What a complete waste of time....UGH!

3/10
Nov 5, 2013 2:14 PM

May 2009
I'm really glad i watched this anime. And i like the final pairing too~
Nov 5, 2013 7:21 PM

Dec 2012
x3mslayer said:
I'm really glad i watched this anime. And i like the final pairing too~

I agree! I just finished the series today and I thought it was really good. I really enjoyed Inaba's shell dissolving as each episode progressed. I think she and Taichi are great together even though I did initially like the Taichi and Iori pairing.
Idk if this was discussed in other posts but I wish they had explained Heartseed in this final episode though. (I haven't read the manga). Like, I can assume its purpose but I'd like to know its properties and how it came to be, ya know?
Please, dream some good dreams for me, Lloyd.

Nov 24, 2013 6:55 PM
Sep 2013
H...Holy hell...did...did that love triangle ACTUALLY turn out the way I had been wishing it would!? This is seriously the first time I'm actually completely happy about the relationship that came out in the end. Don't get me wrong, I liked Iori, but I just didn't feel like her and Taichi were really right together.

At any rate, a great show if you ask me; really glad I chose it to be my 100th completed anime.
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokoro Connect: Michi Random Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2012

133 by kochia »»
Jun 23, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect: Michi Random Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2012

107 by bakakisima »»
Mar 12, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect: Michi Random Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2012

118 by ShinekyOuki »»
Mar 9, 9:30 PM

» Y’all thoughts on ep 4?

WannabeWeeb_ - Aug 12, 2021

9 by Lodic »»
Aug 18, 2021 7:38 PM

» Episode 4 assault??? (SPOILER)

OahuOtaku - Jun 2, 2021

2 by RandomGuyScott »»
Jun 2, 2021 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.