Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 22, 2013 2:59 AM

Dec 2011
Whoa. Quite satisfied on how it ended.
Was a decent watch. 8/10 for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2013 3:00 AM

Sep 2012
It got good for a few episodes, I guess.
But the last episodes were like.. what?
Yeah, he conveniently stumbled upon a device that triggers seizures that help him control robots better because he sees reality in slow motion, after nearly dying from the first time, he triggers it 3 more times and is only slightly fatigued, what? How did they not expect it to go after the truck behind the robot? Then they did that generic shit where they overcome shit with the power of love, and overtook Kou's mind control like that, instead of coming up with a more clever way of dealing with it. It's like it was really inspired for a while and then the writers decided, "Fuck it, lets take the most generic route from here on.", pisses me off that a show that I looked forward to every week did this.
Mar 22, 2013 3:00 AM

Mar 2011
Kansokusha said:
Finjas said:
Well, I just watched it.
Overall score is 6/10. Just because of the first half and characters.
While there wasn't much char-development, characters themselves was very good.
Well, and, still better than Chaos;Head anime. At least there wasn't much original content from animators. And, like I said, the first half too was pretty good.
Production IG or Hanada Juuki, whoever it was, the show is ruined by them.
Like someone said on youtube, it seems that odd-number Curse from StarTrek fandom is now stroke SciADV-adaptations.
I hope that SciADV4 anime will be good.
Pretty sad that I'm mostly depend on other people's words about the VN. If it wasn't the case and I could read it, I've never started to watch an anime in the first place.

Haha it's a curse they inherited from their KID's days, the 3rd installment in a series always takes the hit.

Really? I actually did like Remember 11 more than other installments and think that it's a great thriller which is underrated.
I heard that there was hating somewhere, but never really faced it myself. Even more, if there is hating, I think R11 didn't deserve it at all.

Mar 22, 2013 3:06 AM
May 2012
so in the end, why was this anime referencing steins;gate's divergence and chaos;head's "so no me dare no me", just because they can? i thought they would come up with an explanation how they are connected ...
Mar 22, 2013 3:18 AM

Jan 2012
They tried to do something new to the mecha genre. Not so successful since the primitive stages of the robot fights aren't exactly exciting to watch. the other aspects of the show seemed so plain that it doesn't really spark any IMPACT-O to my interests. At least Frau was a well made character.

Would not miss this show.

Du-hu-hu out of 10.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Mar 22, 2013 3:18 AM

Jan 2008
MEH ending to a MEH series.

4/10
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Mar 22, 2013 3:28 AM

Sep 2012
That lacked impact.
Mar 22, 2013 3:44 AM

Jun 2008
for the ending was so-so, but I still enjoyed it & frau ftw!
8/10

Mar 22, 2013 3:56 AM

Nov 2012
thank god that's over. i hated every character apart from aki & i was secretly hoping kai would die tbh. but no, he became an astronaut... god this show was beyond uneven.
Mar 22, 2013 4:00 AM
Feb 2013
To be honest, this episode was better than I expected (which was: like previous episodes...)

samurai1993 said:
Maybe it was just me, but I took the "5 minutes left running on batteries" thing as an Evangelion reference

That was my thought too. :)
Mar 22, 2013 4:22 AM
Jan 2010
Such an unsatisfying fucking ending.
And to think this show was going somewhat good until like 5 episodes ago.
Mar 22, 2013 5:02 AM

Dec 2011
dacak said:
Roxkis said:
I don't know what i was hoping for with all things considered but that wasn't it.

kinda how i feel too. not that I hated the show or anything just expected the final episode to have more....IMPACT!

this. I only get the "woah" feeling for few episodes only
7/10 overall, i guess.
Mar 22, 2013 5:11 AM

Sep 2011
Not as epic as Steins;Gate. Anyway, 8/10.

Mar 22, 2013 5:15 AM

Jun 2010
DmonHiro said:
"Hey, here's a device that can trigger your slow-motion seizure!"
"Hey, here's a device that can fool Kou's IR!"
"Hey, here are some monopoles that fell for the sky so you can build your motors!"
"Hey, here's this program that can delete Kou!"
"Hey, for some reason, your carppy robot CAN MATCH THE SPEED OF YOUR SLOW-MOTION REACTION TIME!
"Hey, I made it so you can take 3 heart attacks in a row without much damage!"
"Hey, now you're an astronaut!"

Ping-pong..... 100 points.
Mar 22, 2013 5:24 AM

Sep 2009
A disappointing end to a disappointing series for me. I didn't enjoy this as much as S;G. Maybe it isn't fair, maybe it is fair to base judgement of this off of S;G, but it is what it is. I will give a 6/10, just don't like mecha or robot type series in general.

Mar 22, 2013 5:27 AM

Jun 2010
I did not expect it to be better than Steins;Gate but this was way disappointing.
Mar 22, 2013 5:29 AM

May 2011
The good parts made up for the bad, but overall, it still didn't offer anything worthwhile. Certainly not a bad anime, but it was just too stale.

6/10

Would be lower if I held it to S;G's standard.
Mar 22, 2013 5:45 AM

Apr 2012
The show overall, except for the ending, was very satisfying and enjoyable.

7/10 for anime, 3/5 episode.
Mar 22, 2013 5:53 AM

Jan 2012
Well, series is ended and there's no emotions. Sorry, but R;N is epic fail.
Mar 22, 2013 6:12 AM

Apr 2010
6/10 and I'm feelling generous. It's a bland story with wasted potential. Frau was the best character, forgotten in the last episodes.
All sweet words and happy feelings. I don't dislike happy endings, I dislike when an anime doesn't leave me anything to remember it.
Where was Daru? He was credited to appear in the anime...
Mar 22, 2013 6:53 AM

Aug 2011
Another show comes to a closure this week. This episode wasn't as good as I expected and I feel this show could have been better with more episodes, or at least 3 more. Sadly it only got 22 and was obviously lacking source material due to omitting certain stuff from the VN itself. Like where is Furu's mom? They didn't even bring a closure to that and I'm pretty sure it did come to a closure in the VN. All I can hope for is a translation of the VN, and I hope that isn't many years to go for that.

This episode just went one way and the battle against each robot wasn't as good as I would have hoped for to be honest and the whole sister thing was of course touching, but Power of Love again prevails leaving Koujima Kou speechless and defeated due to some program that was made by Sawada's people, who wasn't even mentioned! Very disappoint there.

The ending was a bit cliché and was not that great either. We see 3 astronauts being sent to the space, one being Kai, and the one being inside the robot being Aki, and the show comes to a closure there.

Well overall this show wasn't bad, but not great either. More mediocre than ever it could have been, and of course would be unfair to compare this to Steins;Gate, where S;G would win on default to be honest. The show had some great moments, but not that great to put an impact to the show's ending and therefore feeling a bit lackluster there.

Like some people here I am really generous with score and personally I am giving it a 7/10.

Mar 22, 2013 7:59 AM

Oct 2011
Fairly predictable and bland ending. They left a lot of questions unanswered, too. Could've done better with a 24/26-episode runtime, but since the characters remained fairly static throughout most of the series, I wouldn't really care.
Mar 22, 2013 8:04 AM

Apr 2011
For me, the series had some episodes that were extremely good and some that were decent. So in the end I will (a bit generous I know) still rate it 8/10. Most of the characters were very good.
Always when there was a excellent episode I hoped that it will continue to keep that as a standart, but it couldn't. This is the difference between this and Stein;Gate. Steins;Gate COULD keep the level of quality and raise it even more when you thought it wouldn't be possible anymore while this series just could not.
Still not bad at all! XD

What pisses me off of this thread and others the most is the incredible overuse of the word "meh". I don't know, I am not a native speaker of english but to me and other people I have asked about what they think of it it sounds just like you are being incredibly negative about everything. You have a nice series and everybody's just like "It was 'meh'". Really, I can say I hate this word the most from all words of the english language.
Everywhere I look on this site, it's always "meh". Why? -_-
Mar 22, 2013 8:04 AM

Oct 2010
8/10 I'm generous.It really had like 2 masterpiece eps. And I loved the cliffhangers.
Mar 22, 2013 8:26 AM

Jan 2013
Thanks to the last ~3 episodes my opinion on this serie just fall into the abyss. I was going to put 7-8/10 on this anime, now it's an 6...

This episode got an 4/10 for me, just too cliché, the battle against Misa was stupid, that program called "AR missile" make me laugh. Why the admin change when Kimijima Kou "die"? (I don't get it) And there is so many things unrealistic...

My average note for anime is 8 wich is high I think, its not often when I'm disapointed like this.

Sorry for my bad english.
Série Web actuellement en tournage - Wars of Archion
http://www.warsofarchion.com
Mar 22, 2013 8:26 AM

Dec 2012
The anime was decent but that ending felt a bit lacking, they could have done more with it I feel, And what above comments were saying about who the astronaut was and how it's explained in the VN, Why would the writers leave something like that out of the anime lol...
Mar 22, 2013 8:28 AM

Dec 2011
Well, the ending wasn't as good as I expected, but overall, this show wasn't that bad.
8/10
Mar 22, 2013 8:32 AM

Nov 2012
it has its moments.. but so much wasted potential..

i hoped for something better but i enjoyed it while it lasts :D
Mar 22, 2013 8:34 AM

Sep 2009
wait what about Fraubu and her mom!!
Mar 22, 2013 8:42 AM

May 2007
Whole series deserve 5/10, not more. Ending is quite shitty.
Mar 22, 2013 8:45 AM

Sep 2011
After watching the raw, and now subs. Yep, meh series. 6/10 and I feel way too generous.
Mar 22, 2013 9:28 AM

Feb 2008
"Meh"ish ending (could have been so much better) for an overall enjoyable series.
7/10
Mar 22, 2013 9:31 AM

Dec 2007
-Atomsk- said:
Better than stiens;gate.

Robotics;Notes was a masterpiece in its highest form. The characters, story, animation, everything. Steins;Gate was shitty and fucking boring compared to it, I fell asleep at every single episode.

Let's talk about the characters of S;G compared to R;N: Okabe was just a immature chuunibyou manchild, Kurisu was a shitty tsundere, Daru was fat and talked like a sumo wrestler, Nae was sexy in Robotics;Notes while in Steins;Gate she was just an annoying brat, Mr.Braun is just an annoying asshole compared to the minor characters in Robotics;Notes, where you had a guy with a parrot. Can you beat a guy with a parrot in terms of awesomeness? Ofcourse not. Enough about the guy with the parrot, lets continue. Mayuri was a retarded moeblob, Faris was fucking annoying, Nakabachi was the best father in the world, Suzuha a shit, Moeka liked getting raped by Okabe, she was just a slut. Ruka liked expressing his gay love to Okabe, that was horrible.

Mitche was such a fucking awesome teacher and major character compared to anything in Steins;Gate, Frau was so hot I masturbated every time she talked, fucking miss universe. That AI girl was the best plot device ever, and Kimijima Kou reminded me of Jesus, he was that awesome. Aki was so amazing I peed my pants every time she showed up on screen. Hidaka was way better than Kurisu and terms of the Tsun and the Dere, And Kai was the best character in the series no doubt about that, no other protagonist has nothing on this nigga, he had presence, unlike Okabe. Karate girl reminded me of my childhood when I learned Karate, I like anime that reminds me of my childhood, it's the best thing ever.

Steins;Gate story didn't have impact like Robotics;Notes. Who cares about Okabe's falcon punching bitches and raping them afterwards, Mayuri's getting run over by a car, a train, and turning into jelly, and getting shot in the head? In Robotics;Notes there was that woman who fell off a cliff because of the Robotic legs, that was heartwrenching and emotional. Mayuri was just retarded, nobody cared about her dying.

Animation in R;N had so much detail and the landscapes of Tanegashima were breathtaking.
Akihabara is just gray compared to it.

Sound wise, Hacking to the gate had nothing about the amazing rock spirit of Robotics;Notes, where every rock opening song reminded me of The Beatles, it was that good.

Enjoyment from Robotics;Notes? 9000/10. Steins;Gate? -9000/10.

Steins;Gate<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<8==========================================================================================================D<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
<<<Robotics;Notes.

Steins;Gate was just inferior in every possible way. I don't understand why so many people liked watching it, they ought to get their eyes checked, end of story.

AMIRITE?
DeadIEndMar 22, 2013 10:15 AM
Mar 22, 2013 9:39 AM

Mar 2012
It's certainly no Steins;Gate by any means, but it sure isn't Chaos;Head either.
Mar 22, 2013 9:43 AM

Apr 2012
Boring end to a boring series that had potential but pissed it away completely. Everything about this series was bland. Bland boring characters, bland animation, bland OST, bland story, it's like Bland;Notes looked at Steins;Gate and decided to suck out everything that gave that series like and replace that stuff with cliches and uninspired story telling. At times CureForInsomnia;Notes was so cliche that it bordered in self parody, but even that wasn't fun to watch and still came off as lifelessly dull..

I'd give Watchingpaintdry;Notes 4/10
Mar 22, 2013 10:05 AM

May 2012
DeadEnd2013 said:
-Atomsk- said:
Better than stiens;gate.

Robotics;Notes was a masterpiece in its highest form. The characters, story, animation, everything. Steins;Gate was shitty and fucking boring compared to it, I fell asleep at every single episode.

Let's talk about the characters of S;G compared to R;N: Okabe was just a immature chuunibyou manchild, Kurisu was a shitty tsundere, Daru was fat and talked like a sumo wrestler, Nae was sexy in Robotics;Notes while in Steins;Gate she was just an annoying brat, Mr.Braun is just an annoying asshole compared to the minor characters in Robotics;Notes, where you had a guy with a parrot. Can you beat a guy with a parrot in terms of awesomeness? Ofcourse not. Enough about the guy with the parrot, lets continue. Mayuri was a retarded moeblob, Faris was fucking annoying, Nakabachi was the best father in the world, Suzuha a shit, Moeka liked getting raped by Okabe, she was just a slut. Ruka liked expressing his gay love to Okabe, that was horrible.

Mitche was such a fucking awesome teacher and major character compared to anything in Steins;Gate, Frau was so hot I masturbated every time she talked, fucking miss universe. That AI girl was the best plot device ever, and Kimijima Kou reminded me of Jesus, he was that awesome. Aki was so amazing I peed my pants every time she showed up on screen. Hidaka was way better than Kurisu and terms of the Tsun and the Dere, And Kai was the best character in the series no doubt about that, no other protagonist has nothing on this nigga, he had presence, unlike Okabe. Karate girl reminded me of my childhood when I learned Karate, I like anime that reminds me of my childhood, it's the best thing ever.

Steins;Gate story didn't have impact like Robotics;Notes. Who cares about Okabe's falcon punching bitches and raping them afterwards, Mayuri's getting run over by a car, a train, and turning into jelly, and getting shot in the head? In Robotics;Notes there was that woman who fell off a cliff because of the Robotic legs, that was heartwrenching and emotional. Mayuri was just retarded, nobody cared about her dying.

Animation in R;N had so much detail and the landscapes of Tanegashima were breathtaking.
Akihabara is just gray compared to it.

Sound wise, Hacking to the gate had nothing about the amazing rock spirit of Robotics;Notes, where every rock opening song reminded me of The Beatles, it was that good.

Enjoyment from Robotics;Notes? 9000/10. Steins;Gate? -9000/10.

Steins;Gate<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<8==========================================================================================================D<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
<<<Robotics;Notes.

Steins;Gate was just inferior in every possible way. I don't understand why so many people liked it watching it, they ought to get their eyes checked, end of story.

AMIRITE?

At last someone with some sense. The majority seems to disagree with us though.
Mar 22, 2013 10:06 AM

Jun 2009
At the very last episode I finally realised, why this anime disappointed me so much...
All previous series had an interesting concept behind them, with some philosophy in it (not incredibly deep, of course, but still):
Chaos;Head had gigalomaniacs, New Gen and theme of reality vs delusions;
Steins;Gate had worldlines, legend of John Titor and theme of value of memories;
Robotics;Notes had... giant robots and theme of "do you love robots?"

This made it much more forgettable, bland and kinda boring to me...

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
Mar 22, 2013 10:17 AM

May 2012
AlexTrusk said:
At the very last episode I finally realised, why this anime disappointed me so much...
All previous series had an interesting concept behind them, with some philosophy in it (not incredibly deep, of course, but still):
Chaos;Head had gigalomaniacs, New Gen and theme of reality vs delusions;
Steins;Gate had worldlines, legend of John Titor and theme of value of memories;
Robotics;Notes had... giant robots and theme of "do you love robots?"

This made it much more forgettable, bland and kinda boring to me...

Thought the theme had something to do with one's dreams or something idk.
Mar 22, 2013 10:26 AM

Apr 2009
Stark700 said:
6/10 (actually being generous here)

Didn't really get a feeling of this series tbh as much as I had originally thought. Well, I guess some of the Frau moments and the robots were good but otherwise, the series was 'meh' indeed imo.

Dat rocket blast off.

Summarized my thoughts exactly.

Mar 22, 2013 10:28 AM

Sep 2009
I really like the ending.. One of the best ending I've ever seen. That I wasn't able to feel disappointment :)

I want more of this series .. it's really unique.
Mar 22, 2013 10:33 AM

Sep 2009
Not bad but not good either. 7/10 j,jectivly with my grading system but I'll give 8 because of Kona/Frau
Mar 22, 2013 11:02 AM
Feb 2009
heck... tht was lame... 7/10 because of kona
oblivious is a bliss
Mar 22, 2013 11:54 AM

Aug 2012
I liked the show, perhaps didn't develop into as much of an interesting plot as I'd of liked it to but I'm still giving it 8/10, mostly for some of the great episodes it did have towards the end.

The ending in itself was a little rushed though, as well as predictable. I don't see why this show would get much hate though, it's fairly under the radar and isn't overrated at all. People shouldn't set their expectations so high.
Mar 22, 2013 12:30 PM

Mar 2011
went to 6/10, I'm sorry Kona, you're still my 10/10. The series got me heavily disappointed... Facts are that they've overdone the amount of 'heart-warming moments', the atmosphere was broken after every single EP when some major stuff kicked in. I liked Kai, even though he was 'easy-going but caring inside'... What else... It really got me hooked up, but then it went downwards. I bet I'd say the first 16EPs were like 8/10, the rest got buried in shit. The concept was nice, they could've done something terrific, yet it ended embarrasingly weak.
Mar 22, 2013 12:36 PM
Jan 2009
So who went to space? Kai, Okabe and Takumi?
Mar 22, 2013 12:38 PM
Feb 2013
Tyrel said:
Below average series maybe a bit average. Didn't have the Impact like Steins;gate, hell Chaos;Head was better..

I concur. Maybe a bit above average (compared to other anime this season) but not by much. And a lot of wasted potential. Overall, the pacing could have been better, especially in the first 6 episodes. I'm all for a slow buildup, but this was just overkill. Though to be honest: there were some excellent episodes too, like where the woman got her spine snapped and fell of a cliff due to her own apparatus, and some scenes where the tension and suspense was well done (to discover the reports, and such, the song that was played, eerily, etc.), but the mystery ended with a bit of an anticlimax, I thought. The tension was removed at the end, and the story got back to the kiddie-feel from the start, and ended in an typical all-happy-ending.

It had its good moments, but potentially, it could have been much better, especially the last 2-3 episodes.
AnimageNebyMar 22, 2013 12:43 PM
Mar 22, 2013 12:40 PM

Feb 2012
Man, the fight sucked so hard and overall the final episode felt really anti-climatic.
Mar 22, 2013 12:41 PM

Jun 2012
I really liked the ending, actually.

It was really good, although I didn't think so muc the same for the series. Again, things didn't seriously pick up until late in the series (past halfway), and I think I was expecting a little more (maybe because of Steins;Gate). I also didn't think there would be so much focus on the robots, so I kind of thought of the Kimijima Kou reports and the anime as two individual things with no connection. So for the series, maybe a 7 or 8 out of 10, but the ending probably a 5/5.

Mar 22, 2013 12:51 PM

Mar 2013
jadedashi said:
I give this anime a 6/10 but am i missing something here or did this anime just leave a few holes. I mean the monopole falling from the sky was weird i was hoping for a better explanation on why only they have the monopole, the final episode of gunvarell not being released but then released out of no where? kai and akis abilities were there for only for useful for a few episodes but thats it? I mean no info on how they got it besides the incident when they were young im just confused why they got it and reasons for. I mean it felt like that incident was only there to set up for this so so finale i mean i understand the older sister foiled the villians plans but i thought that incident was a big letdown now. no explanation on fraus mothers death or disappearance besides the comittee of 300. I feel from this anime is that they tried making it mysterious with all the interesting things popping up but they were just small bits for a not awesome finale. Idk maybe i need to rewatch the episodes again and some of my questions can be answered but i really felt this show was a letdown.

any holes in this anime must of been left for the next sciAVD occoltic;nine i think i want to see a complete destruction of the organisation SERN is still around that gave me a shock
Mar 22, 2013 12:58 PM

Jan 2013
not bad end ;)) It was a good anime not best but not worst :) I like mecha so its good ^^
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2012

266 by Rinkitori31 »»
Apr 14, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

216 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 10:05 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

303 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

156 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 4:23 PM

» I keep thinking back about this anime

BreakApart - Jul 4, 2021

12 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 26, 2023 8:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.