Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Aug 5, 2012 6:24 AM

Oct 2010
This > Paradox Spiral. Now onto the Epilogue...
Aug 18, 2012 9:26 AM

Sep 2011
Damn That Ending(Not The Epilogue) Trolled Me. I Thought They're Going To Kiss. Oh Well, KnK 5 Is Still Better Than The Rest IMO.

Aug 23, 2012 9:05 AM

Jul 2011
It was a good conclusion to this awesome series!

To be honest, I had no hopes of seeing a happy ending after all, but I'm glad I was wrong.

Only one thing I didn't understand, he didn't have to die anyway after taking that drug?
Sep 6, 2012 8:45 PM

Jul 2012
What a masterpiece of a series. The OSTs only made the movie even better. I loved how everything was confusing at first, but you start to understand and like the series even better after watching all seven movies. Everything just clicks into place nicely. =D
Sep 27, 2012 8:09 PM

Feb 2012
Man, Mikiya's philosophy is just plain contrived -- and that put Shiki in a catch-22 that almost left both of them dead. And on top of that, the ending seems to invalidate the rest of the film in light of that philosophy. I've got to mull that ending over a bit more.
Sep 27, 2012 11:28 PM

Sep 2011
Hakuromatsu said:
Man, Mikiya's philosophy is just plain contrived -- and that put Shiki in a catch-22 that almost left both of them dead. And on top of that, the ending seems to invalidate the rest of the film in light of that philosophy. I've got to mull that ending over a bit more.

I'm not sure, but I assume you watched the fansubs. It actually paints Mikiya's character in a bad light and makes the audience assume that he was acting on principle and philosophy, when on the contrary, he's actually in favor of cushioning Shiki's fragile mental state here. Actually, out of all the characters Mikiya was in the right in this film. Touko wasn't very helpful and even displayed her morbid intrigue over Lio's transformation (which highlights her detached nature as a long-time Magus) and Shiki was actually completely lost in this film, being very impulsive and reckless towards herself (mentally and physically) in her pursuit of Lio.

I've analyzed the film to pieces and I've come to realize that the fansubs actually created a misleading narrative for many viewers due to certain mistranslations and choice of words in the dialogue. If you're confused about what I'm saying and still find yourself curious about this film, then feel free to ask me because really, everything that happened in this film pretty much cemented the whole point of the story and why it was such a perfect ending to the series.
ronriSep 27, 2012 11:33 PM
Sep 28, 2012 11:20 AM

Feb 2012
I used gg's subs, via Coalgirls. Coincidentally (or maybe not) I just noticed your comments on their site -- are you still working on your modified subs?

My biggest complaint regarding the subs (the epilogue in particular) was their needless complexity -- a lot KNK's concepts have a simple clarity that I had to burrow through the script to notice. Some of the terminology was inconsistent, some lines of dialogue were non-sequiturs (making conversations difficult to follow), and so on. If the original Japanese or even the original novels are like that, then I don't know what to say.
Sep 28, 2012 8:48 PM

Sep 2011
Hakuromatsu said:
I used gg's subs, via Coalgirls. Coincidentally (or maybe not) I just noticed your comments on their site -- are you still working on your modified subs?

My biggest complaint regarding the subs (the epilogue in particular) was their needless complexity -- a lot KNK's concepts have a simple clarity that I had to burrow through the script to notice. Some of the terminology was inconsistent, some lines of dialogue were non-sequiturs (making conversations difficult to follow), and so on. If the original Japanese or even the original novels are like that, then I don't know what to say.

Epilogue is a bit questionable although I found that it wasn't that hard to follow as the narrative was more just leading the viewer step-by-step and to be fair, it was a ton of info that cleared up a lot of things (not to mention it puts the whole series under a different perspective).

I'm most definitely still working on the modified subs (I hope to at least finish the whole series by the end of October.) In fact Movie 7 is already done, and Movie 1 is currently halfway through.

EDIT

Movie 7 and Movie 1 are done, currently onto Movie 2 (I'm trying to finish the whole series by early November)
ronriOct 26, 2012 6:26 PM
Nov 2, 2012 11:36 AM

May 2010
The ending is just beautiful. Visuals and music are still topnotch.
Although I don't have enough time to rewatch this but I think I should to fully grasp everything.
9/10 for now.

Overall, Kara no Kyoukai has been an enjoyable series to watch. :)
Nov 17, 2012 8:56 PM

Apr 2011
Great series. Especially the top-knotch music and visuals. This final movie wasn't at the 5th's level, but it was pretty epic.

9/10 for this movie.
9.5/10 the series.

My biggest lol @ this series is that there was a BL kiss, but no Shiki x Kokutou kiss...
Nov 26, 2012 7:39 AM

Jan 2012
Enjoyed this very much!

Although I really got surprised once I saw that all these movies only have ~7 rating on IMDB. I guess it was too difficult for some Americans to follow.
Nov 30, 2012 6:31 AM

Feb 2011
Masterpiece , that's it .
Dec 6, 2012 9:31 PM

Jul 2012
PurpleYam said:
Great series. Especially the top-knotch music and visuals. This final movie wasn't at the 5th's level, but it was pretty epic.

9/10 for this movie.
9.5/10 the series.

My biggest lol @ this series is that there was a BL kiss, but no Shiki x Kokutou kiss...

Ya right, with out Tomoe Enjou the 5th movie would be rated much higher or atleast with a non retarded personality. He doesn't fit in with the series archetypes.
Dec 10, 2012 3:38 PM

Apr 2012
lanfire said:
PurpleYam said:

9/10 for this movie.
9.5/10 the series.

Ya right, with out Tomoe Enjou the 5th movie would be rated much higher or atleast with a non retarded personality. He doesn't fit in with the series archetypes.

Except Enjou was needed to illustrate how Araya Souren's black and white views were wrong.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Dec 10, 2012 4:33 PM

Sep 2011
BloodRequiem said:
lanfire said:

Except Enjou was needed to illustrate how Araya Souren's black and white views were wrong.

Right on. Enjou Tomoe is actually a pretty damn big key character in Movie 5, so much so that removing him would've changed the whole experience.
Dec 20, 2012 12:06 PM

Sep 2012
This was an amazing episode.
Dec 24, 2012 10:06 AM

Jul 2012
ronri said:
BloodRequiem said:
lanfire said:

Right on. Enjou Tomoe is actually a pretty damn big key character in Movie 5, so much so that removing him would've changed the whole experience.

No what he did was key I see that I just do not like his character at all. He still feels out of place watching it a 2nd time.
Dec 24, 2012 3:56 PM

Sep 2011
lanfire said:

No what he did was key I see that I just do not like his character at all. He still feels out of place watching it a 2nd time.

But that's the thing: his role is that of a bystander being thrown into the fray of all these supernatural occurrences. What I liked about Tomoe was the fact that he took on the view of a "normal" bystander at the start of the film within the intricate and frightening world of Kara no Kyoukai. It certainly matched the point of the film about people being manipulated in a cycle of repetition.

While you may dislike Tomoe as a character, I disagree that he was out of place. If anything, his character was what kept a lot of the narrative together in Movie 5 and he was most definitely relevant to the existential concepts presented in the film.
Dec 31, 2012 4:04 PM
Jul 2012
Khalan3 said:
Shiki should just have cut his limbs off and let him suffer for the rest of his life, instead of killing him and giving him what he wants; that's a so much better revenge then just killing him.

This. Glad Skiki kill him finally. He is so messed up. Gay bastard. Especially that drooling. Fuck him.

Very good movie.
I found Mikiya not dieing unrealistic. I thought he could of die.
8/10
Dec 31, 2012 4:12 PM
Jul 2012
EtherSword said:
Kira01 said:
Kokuto Mikiya seems somewhat stupid..

Agreed. As for me, I thought I would like it as much as the 5th movie but so much talking lol, I almost fell asleep during some parts of it till Shiki found him eating some dudes, the movie picked up for me after that for a little while but it felt dragging afterwords. And that big guy is still around too but this is the end of the movies? Isn't he a bad guy that should be dealt with? Anyways, this movie should have been like an hour long instead.

This
Dec 31, 2012 4:19 PM

Sep 2011
GoldenBRS said:
Khalan3 said:
Shiki should just have cut his limbs off and let him suffer for the rest of his life, instead of killing him and giving him what he wants; that's a so much better revenge then just killing him.

This. Glad Skiki kill him finally. He is so messed up. Gay bastard. Especially that drooling. Fuck him.

Very good movie.
I found Mikiya not dieing unrealistic. I thought he could of die.
8/10

Honestly, Lio's account of the drug was questionable at best since he seemed more desperate at that point. Still, from a story-telling standpoint, it was better that Mikiya was actually alive. Contrary to what people think, ending it tragically would've been the most cliche ending they could give to this series.
Jan 2, 2013 8:30 PM

Nov 2011
Epic series. I really need to rewatch it now that I've seen the whole thing and pick up all the little stuff that I missed the first time around. I still think 5 was the pinnacle but the ending was strong.

This was also my 100th completed item on my anime list and I'm just getting started!
Jan 12, 2013 1:47 AM

Aug 2012
Gosh, this movie, loved it. My favorite one out of the 7. Definitely one of my new favorites. Blah.
Jan 21, 2013 3:22 PM

May 2012
Great second part on this chapter, although it didn't feel like a proper sequel to that part and wasn't all to interesting at some point... Although it was quite nice, there was a great story in it and some interesting backstory. Some really weird stuff as well like the what you may call it saliva rape and the drug exchange kiss... But yea the ending was quite unexpected but interesting and made it a great ending for this chapter... Lets see what's next in the story! 9/10
Feb 27, 2013 10:52 PM

Aug 2010
Just re-watched it I liked it much better this time around. Soundtrack and animation were top notch.

The scene where Shiki went bad ass against those 4 drugged guys was just awesome.

Looks like I'm all ready for Mirai Fukuin now. Hopefully it comes out before the end of this year.
Ragna92Feb 27, 2013 11:11 PM
Feb 28, 2013 1:50 AM

Apr 2012
Ragna92 said:
Just re-watched it I liked it much better this time around. Soundtrack and animation were top notch.

The scene where Shiki went bad ass against those 4 drugged guys was just awesome.

Looks like I'm all ready for Mirai Fukuin now. Hopefully it comes out before the end of this year.

I heard it was crap.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Feb 28, 2013 11:11 AM

Aug 2010
BloodRequiem said:
Ragna92 said:

I heard it was crap.

Well I guess we will have to wait and see.
Apr 6, 2013 9:29 PM

May 2012
I am so glad that they are both alive.. or else, I will be so pissed off. Anyway, I really like it.
Apr 24, 2013 10:23 PM

Jan 2013
After waiting 7 movies they never kiss.
1/10
Apr 24, 2013 11:37 PM

Sep 2011
RediceRyan said:
1/10

LOL, while it's a common thing that other people have also joked about, I won't lie in saying that I was happy enough with them just hugging at the end as it seemed more heart-warming that way. ^_^
May 26, 2013 12:29 AM
Apr 2012
I enjoyed this one the most.

ronri said:
RediceRyan said:
1/10

LOL, while it's a common thing that other people have also joked about, I won't lie in saying that I was happy enough with them just hugging at the end as it seemed more heart-warming that way. ^_^

I was worried they'd kiss - it didn't seem to me like something Shiki would have done at that point.

But then when they skipped past lips and hugged I felt trolled.

WHAT SHOULD I THINK
Jun 24, 2013 5:10 AM

Nov 2012
WHAT! it is END?! well well.. idk if will end now lol XD

well I cant say anything because it is just too awesome.. I love this episode :3 it is best so far.. maybe it is better than episode 5 XD

btw why touko moving? hmm... kinda curious about this..
but, oh well! :3
at last it has a happy great ending XD

oh! so they're still school? lol XD
Jul 3, 2013 8:51 PM
Mar 2013

Because lube is too mainstream
Jul 10, 2013 11:41 PM

Oct 2012
This was my favorite movie in the series. I have to say this movie was very enjoyable, and it gave me some very good closure.
Jul 27, 2013 3:39 AM
Jul 2012
The molestation, that I still can't tell was rape or not completely killed everything for me. So disappointing.
Jul 27, 2013 4:18 AM

Sep 2011
Thevsamovies said:
The molestation, that I still can't tell was rape or not completely killed everything for me. So disappointing.

You do realize that was Lio's way of taunting her to act like a murderer, as well as his cannibalistic urges slowly taking over right? While it certainly borders on sexual assault (not rape) and definitely an uncomfortable scene (as if all the murdering and eating wasn't worse already), that was more to do with the fact that he slowly couldn't control his hunger in which he literally almost wanted to eat her.
ronriJul 27, 2013 4:22 AM
Aug 17, 2013 4:32 PM

Sep 2009
The series ended. There's still the epilogue but I can't watch it now. This movie was a 9/10.

My personal opinion is 5 > 7 > 3 > 6 > 4 > 2 > 1.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Aug 31, 2013 7:04 AM

May 2012
23:13 ohh yehhh

49:32 dat bridge

01:27:36 ...he should've just f her

Couldn't stand the bad pacing of some parts. Disappointing.
5/10
ShirubaasouruAug 31, 2013 7:19 AM
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 24, 2013 11:39 PM

Jan 2011
What a fucking beautiful finale to the Kara no Kyoukai series. Lio was such a creepy bastard. The scene with him violating Shiki and pretty much licking her entire body and covering it with his saliva was really disturbing. I went spastic when Kokotou got stabbed in the eye by Lio. I admire Kokotou's pride to not take the drug to stay alive. Geez, Shiki bit off her thumb! Shiki decimating Lio was amazing, along with the OST it gave me goosebumps. Shiki realizing that Kokotou is truly important to her was so touching. The scene with Kokotou hugging Shiki and crying together was very emotional. In the end, they're still alive. Kokotou let his hair grow longer on his left side to cover his 'lost' left eye. I love this movie. Movie 5 and 7 are definitely my favourites.
10/10
Oct 4, 2013 10:25 PM

Jan 2013
Very well done series! Animation and OST were incredible and the ending was satisfying. Some parts (movies) were weaker than others but overall it was well worth the watch. I think I'm becoming a fan of Type Moon. I have the LN downloaded so whenever I get down to it on my huge reading backlog, I'll give it a read. While there was continuity obviously between the movies, I wish it wasn't so episodic. Probably my only wish since it's not really a criticism.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Nov 3, 2013 1:01 PM

Sep 2013
Watched this a while ago already... my opinion still hasn't changed though:

KnK series as a whole is the best anime ever made.

Now I just wait until I have money for the box set, then my nerdy soul can rest. ^.^
Nov 24, 2013 7:07 PM
Jul 2018
I thought they were gonna kiss XD Oh well, a hug's good enough lol

This was such a beautiful movie, and a great ending to the series. I'm pretty much crying right now. And when a guy cries, you know that it's good XD Shiki and Kokutou are such a great couple, their relationship and how they will always forgive each other is amazing. They're love for each other really made the movie for me. This was certainly the best entry in this masterpiece of a series.

This series deserves even more love than it already has. 10/10
Nov 26, 2013 2:33 PM

Jan 2011
That ending is just beautiful. Definitely my favorite movie out of the series. Their relationship is just too cute ahahaha XD
Dec 15, 2013 9:05 PM

Mar 2012
Naturally thought that THIS would become a kiss, but nope just another hug after their first hug.
This movie helped me understand the second movie's abrupt ending much better as well as that car accident she had in the 4th movie I believe.
Very good series and episode.
Jan 2, 2014 2:06 AM

Jun 2012
That was really awesome, my favourite in the series after the fifth. I'm sad I'm getting to the end. Only two movies to go :(
Jan 4, 2014 3:53 PM

Aug 2013
That movie was awesome. It was the apogee of the serie. We saw Shiki at her weaker than ever and totally out of control. Lio was one hell of a psychotpath. He was truly discusting.

The beginning of the movie was really great. It was mysterious, even if I was sure Shiki wasn't the murderer and I didn't her to be, everything was pointing to her. Except one thing : the brutality of the murder. I must admit, I didn't even after all those movie that she never killed anyone. I though that at some point, she killed someone, like Ayaye (even if wasn't still ''human'' and that's why we could say that he doesn't count). But Shiki could never have killed someone with such brutality for no reason. At least, not at this point of the story.

I didn't expect Mikiya to try the LSD, what a bad boy :P
Shiki asking him to stay sleeping :3

When I saw Lio, I was surprised. I remembered him with brown hair, why did they get blond all of sudden? I didn't understood that xD
But anyway, he was one crazy muthafucka. I like how Shiki sliced his arm when he started to talk about Mikiya. His crime were really horrible, I didn't expected him to be at the origin of the first crime, I though he was just an imitator. But in the end, I was wrong about his origin. I didn't remember that Lio from the second movie, in fact, I still don't remember him. I really though that somehow, Shiki encountered Ayaye the day of the car accident (weirdly, I was right about that) and that Ayaye separated the two Shiki into another body and that's why she had lost her other self. But yeah, I was wrong, it was much simple than that. It was really sad how she just jumped in front of that car.

About the scene in the old shed, it was truly awful to watch. It was one of the most exciting experiance, but I was on the edge of my seat all the time. My god it was stressful! Seriously, I was truly disgusted by the rape scene from the 3rd movie, but this one was much more horrible. I mean, nothing too serious happened to her, he didn't raped her (it would be sexual assault or something along those lines), but it was just so disgusting and it seemed like an eternity. When he torned her kimono, I was about to punch my screen. I was just thinking ''Goddammit Mikiya, roll faster you dumbass!''. Just the fact that he drugged her got me angry. Seriously, that whole drug thing got me on my nerves.

When Mikiya was stabbed on the head, I was pretty sure he wasn't dead and his eye, but the way he falled on the floor made me less sure of myself. I really though when Lio was attacking her, she was waiting to die. But still, she commited the only thing she tried her whole life not to do : killing someone. But the scene with Mikiya taking her in his arms was really heartwarming. He finally said that he loved! I was so happy :)

And that after-credit scene was soooooo cute! Seeing Shiki blush was way too cute :)
I really though Mikiya would have wear a pirate eyepatch xD

I think I'll watch the epilogue right away, I'll be sad when the serie will be over, it was awesome.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 4, 2014 11:15 PM

Sep 2011
@minouneetzoe:
Glad to hear you've enjoyed this one! Been seeing you comment on the other movies and noticed how much you seem to be having a fun (even if a bit brutal sometimes) experience with this lovely series of films. ^_^
minouneetzoe said:

When I saw Lio, I was surprised. I remembered him with brown hair, why did they get blond all of sudden? I didn't understood that xD

It was only hinted but never mentioned, but basically Lio was slowly mutating because of his origin. His brown hair turned blonde because of this.

minouneetzoe said:
About the scene in the old shed, it was truly awful to watch. It was one of the most exciting experiance, but I was on the edge of my seat all the time. My god it was stressful! Seriously, I was truly disgusted by the rape scene from the 3rd movie, but this one was much more horrible. I mean, nothing too serious happened to her, he didn't raped her (it would be sexual assault or something along those lines), but it was just so disgusting and it seemed like an eternity. When he torned her kimono, I was about to punch my screen. I was just thinking ''Goddammit Mikiya, roll faster you dumbass!''. Just the fact that he drugged her got me angry. Seriously, that whole drug thing got me on my nerves.

Yup it was definitely an uncomfortable scene and the filmmakers did a great job at making me nervous when I first watched it too (especially due to how slow it was). While it's definitely sexual assault, I should mention that for all intents and purposes, Lio was actually growing hungrier and hungrier during that moment (so basically he was holding back by drooling all over her). Basically he was more inclined to literally eat her in that part than anything else.
Jan 5, 2014 7:08 PM

Apr 2013
This is definitely my favorite movie out of the whole series.
Powerful eyebrows.
Jan 11, 2014 1:07 PM

Sep 2013
Oh man, just rewatched this. It's just so beautiful. This anime has the most touching ending of all romances I have seen, honestly.

Hell, it has THE most touching ending imo.

Now that I've seen this twice, I've gotta give points to every seiyuu, but especially Ryogi Shiki's Sakamoto Maya. She performs so well in this movie it compares to the best live action films I've seen.

And well, typically art and music is top notch. Ufotable and Kajiura gives their best.
cupcFeb 11, 2014 5:12 AM
Jan 14, 2014 12:57 PM

Apr 2013
My favorites were 2,5 and 7.

Now for the epilogue...
Always-HungryOct 4, 2014 11:04 AM
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rate all the KnK! (ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE SEEN ALL SEVEN!) ( 1 2 3 4 )

KaminaKai - Dec 13, 2009

187 by TierraRobada »»
Jul 16, 2023 6:53 AM

» Your thoughts on it all

FauxAzn - Jan 24, 2012

29 by KitsuFrost »»
Mar 19, 2023 1:13 PM

» Opening music?

amade0 - Jul 13, 2010

9 by Ougii_00 »»
Feb 5, 2023 12:11 AM

» What order should I watch Kara no Kyoukai? ( 1 2 )

Snaita - Sep 23, 2012

67 by NekoZamurai »»
Dec 26, 2022 8:55 AM

» understanding kara no kyoukai movies symbolism

mcskops - Jul 14, 2015

6 by Zelot »»
Jul 14, 2015 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.