Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 23, 2013 12:24 AM

Sep 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Let's party ! Go dance with everyone Smoker-kun !

I guess it'll be interrupted this time.
Jan 23, 2013 12:49 AM
Mar 2011
Expecting an epic battle between Luffy and Shanks in the future.
Jan 23, 2013 12:50 AM

May 2011
Let's party~!
Jan 23, 2013 12:53 AM

Aug 2010
Enjoyable chapter :)...though I hope mangastream translates fast, quite a few stuff i didn't understand

Law's reaction to Luffy partying was hilarious...poor Law, I wonder how long he can survive now that he's most likely gonna travel with the SHs

Also loved the part where Law said..."I wonder who is the one being used" XD

I should've known that Luffy would say sth like that..."I'm gonna defeat all of them" hehe typical Luffy XD
Barion-ZaraJan 23, 2013 1:08 AM
Jan 23, 2013 12:53 AM
Dec 2011
This is the absolute WORST translation mangapanda has ever made in any One Piece chapter to date.

Every page has so many mistakes in it that it physically hurts me.

Guys, don't take anything that they say in mangapanda's version as the truth, wait until another group has translated it.

If you believe in this translation, then you'll be mistaken about so many things.

Mostly when it comes to the last page of the chapter.
Jan 23, 2013 1:02 AM

Jan 2013
Enjoyed the chapter, but agree about the translation. With every page my soul died a little bit more.

Can't wait for next week.
HorizonRisingMay 13, 2013 1:02 AM
Jan 23, 2013 1:03 AM

Sep 2012
Smoker y u no dance with the others? xD
Jan 23, 2013 1:05 AM

Jun 2012
Omegatron666 said:
This is the absolute WORST translation mangapanda has ever made in any One Piece chapter to date.

Guys, don't take anything that they say in mangapanda's version as the truth, wait until another group has translated it.

If you believe in this translation, then you'll be mistaken about so many things.

Do you mean that he doesn't actually say that "the first one must be shanks" in the way that he wants to defeat him? Have you read the raw version i take it then? if so what is actually said on the last page?

Ok chapter, the usual after party stuff :) and looks like they are planning to take down kaidou, im guessing they will go to wano country next to drop kinnemon and his kid back home.

Annoying that these cliff hangers arent getting followed up on, but im sure they will, all at once xD
jimbob1141Jan 23, 2013 1:10 AM
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Jan 23, 2013 1:32 AM

Nov 2011
So its Kaido instead of Big Mom huh? Kaido got a badass nickname there, he surely got something awesome to back it up. I wonder how long can Law withstand Luffy behavior. Will he call off the alliance because of this? Nah.

Jan 23, 2013 1:36 AM

Nov 2012
Everyone: Let's party!
Law: *WTF Face*

Law's face was so precious. I want more Strawhat and Law interaction!
Jan 23, 2013 1:51 AM

Mar 2012
2 pages of drawing characters with sharp teeth and evil eyes, because it's really not already overused, and because it's really, really hilarious. /s
then 2 pages of how many nicknames chopper gets.

Then flashbacks of reminding us of what nami said, seeing how interesting this chapter was.

I liked the connection between tashigi and nami's mom

The rest was meh. I got excited when they started talking about the yonko only to find out it was really pointless. "i'm gonna defeat all of them!" as if "SHONEN" doesn't already scream that out loud.

Crappy WSJ this week.
End Zionazism
Jan 23, 2013 1:57 AM
Dec 2011
jimbob1141 said:
Omegatron666 said:

Do you mean that he doesn't actually say that "the first one must be shanks" in the way that he wants to defeat him? Have you read the raw version i take it then? if so what is actually said on the last page?

Ok chapter, the usual after party stuff :) and looks like they are planning to take down kaidou, im guessing they will go to wano country next to drop kinnemon and his kid back home.

Annoying that these cliff hangers arent getting followed up on, but im sure they will, all at once xD

What Luffy is actually saying in the final page's flashback is "Okay, as long as the first guy isn't Shanks, then it's fine"

Basically, mangapanda REVERSED what Luffy said.

In the actual translation, Luffy only agreed because he did not want Shanks to be the first Yonkou they went after. But in mangapanda's failed translation, they pretty much make it out as if Luffy want Shanks to be the first person out of the Yonkou that they take out.

Luffy wants to save Shanks for last more or less, since he is the main reason as to why Luffy went out into sea to begin with.

I hate mangapanda, I really do...
Jan 23, 2013 2:09 AM

Aug 2012
I liked this chapter. :)

Everyone's forgotten about their hate and having fun. Smoker having fun with pirates, only the Straw Hats could do that. xd

Shanks has to be the last one he encounters of course! We are yet to see his hands - what he's capable of. I can't wait to see Big Mama... with the acid saliva.

I hope Law isn't planning to deceive Luffy.
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Jan 23, 2013 2:41 AM
Mar 2012
was a good chapter but I'd have prefered to see dofla or that drifting guy, well at least they covered a lot in this chapter
Jan 23, 2013 3:13 AM

Jun 2012
Omegatron666 said:
jimbob1141 said:
Omegatron666 said:

What Luffy is actually saying in the final page's flashback is "Okay, as long as the first guy isn't Shanks, then it's fine"

In the actual translation, Luffy only agreed because he did not want Shanks to be the first Yonkou they went after. But in mangapanda's failed translation, they pretty much make it out as if Luffy want Shanks to be the first person out of the Yonkou that they take out.

Luffy wants to save Shanks for last more or less, since he is the main reason as to why Luffy went out into sea to begin with.

Luffy fighting shanks would be weird, i would have thought they would be mutual and be allies, dont you?

Either way if they fight or ally it will be awesome :)
Jan 23, 2013 3:23 AM
Dec 2011
jimbob1141 said:
Omegatron666 said:
jimbob1141 said:
Omegatron666 said:

Luffy fighting shanks would be weird, i would have thought they would be mutual and be allies, dont you?

Either way if they fight or ally it will be awesome :)

Not really, since in the very first chapter, Luffy says that he'll surpass Shanks, and become the pirate king himself.

Luffy knows that Shanks wants to become the pirate king as well (or at least Luffy thinks that Shanks wants to become the pirate king, we're not sure yet), so fighting him is all part for the course.

Luffy will fight anyone who aims to become the pirate king, even if that someone is his friend or idol.
Jan 23, 2013 3:31 AM
Sep 2012
Really nice feel-good chapter. Always enjoy these party chapters.
I like the character moments here. I'm glad Sanji's love for food is brought up again, also curious about Momo's and Kinemon's past. I like the moment with Nami, too.
The reveal at the end with Luffy's plan(Law really is being "used", lol).
It is a mistranslation in the Mangapanda version, though.
PipokoJan 23, 2013 3:41 AM
Jan 23, 2013 4:17 AM

May 2008
I like mangapanda, they even covered translated speech bubbles with their logo.
zero_sulsMar 31, 2013 4:22 AM
Jan 23, 2013 4:23 AM

Feb 2011
Kinemon and his sons reactions towards the food suggest something happened back home.
I assume their people are currently unable to eat, and are being tormented in someway so they didn't feel right about eating.
I think once they drop the 2 on wano fire, the crew will proceed to stop whatever is going on.
Should be fun :)
an arc for the two allies to work together! Hope that Laws crew comes into the mix soon.
Jan 23, 2013 5:21 AM

Dec 2011
I knew it. Kaidou is Law's target... but Luffy just want to defeat them all. Hahaha.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2013 5:53 AM

Aug 2012

priceless

Great to see it's actually Kaidou (oh jeez I wonder why the 100 beasts ^^ I guess this arc was about explaining his nickname) rather than Big Mom, seems like Luffy will first call war to everybody before taking them down XD Interested when will Aokiji join tha party, and pleased to have seen Smoker and Law chit-chating bout the future ^^
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

-Claire Stanfield, Baccano!
Jan 23, 2013 5:59 AM

May 2007
Chapters like these are why I enjoy One Piece so much. Just a bunch of comrades and friends out at sea having a grand old adventure with nice comedy takes thrown in. Really great stuff. Good chapter.

Also, of course we should have known all along that Luffy wants to take out all of the Emperors. But I'm more interested if there is a serious reason as to why Law wants to take out Kaidou first.

Also, this chapter also makes me wonder if the Strawhats and Doflamingo will not encounter each other. But instead, once DoFlamingo arrives, the Strawhats will have already left and only Smoker and co. will be there to greet him...? Hmm...
Jan 23, 2013 6:20 AM

Aug 2010
Decent chapter, A end of the arc party chapters are good to read and laugh to :), Love the interactions between law and chopper
Jan 23, 2013 6:50 AM

Sep 2012
Not really an interesting chapter. I'm worried about the whole "let's go back to the island thing". I hope it's just some off-panel closure.

Not much happened at all but glad the arc is over. Hope the next one isn't as bad.
Jan 23, 2013 8:58 AM
Mar 2012
wiping the floor with all of them? know your place luffy, know your place
Jan 23, 2013 10:23 AM

Jun 2012
jimbob1141 said:
Omegatron666 said:

But the promise is to give him back the straw hat, is he going to kill him and then give the straw hat to his dead body? also at the end he is only holding up 3 fingers, so could that phrase be mistranslated in the mangastream version as well and he actually means he wants to beat all of them except shanks?
Jan 23, 2013 10:46 AM

Mar 2010
Nice chapter, Kinemon and Momonosuke finally reunited, and the poor kid finally ate something.
Also it was fun to watch the marines ask food to Sanji, and Zoro asking them for Sake.

I wonder if Law will be able to withstand Luffy until they reach at least the first Yonkou.
Currently watching everything that comes out to avoid missing something good...

Jan 23, 2013 11:02 AM

May 2012
haha always party at the end of an arc/battle :D
Jan 23, 2013 11:05 AM

Aug 2008
Yeahh! It's party time! :)
Jan 23, 2013 11:13 AM

Apr 2009
haha, glad i didn't read the mangapanda translation., mangastream ftw

i expected Big Mum to be first, but apparently she will be 2'nd, thinking that Shanks will be 3'rd, and Blackbeard the last
Jan 23, 2013 11:59 AM
Jan 2013

Not really, since in the very first chapter, Luffy says that he'll surpass Shanks, and become the pirate king himself.

Luffy knows that Shanks wants to become the pirate king as well (or at least Luffy thinks that Shanks wants to become the pirate king, we're not sure yet), so fighting him is all part for the course.

Luffy will fight anyone who aims to become the pirate king, even if that someone is his friend or idol.

Shanks want's be a Pirate King?! yeah right..Shanks is a Pirate King crew and Gol D. Roger gave his straw hat to him! Why on the grandline he wants to be a pirate KING ever since his been with Roger? Plus Luffy and Shanks and like brothers (kyodai) just like Ace and Sabo. I'm 100% Luffy and Shanks won't fight.Shanks is Luffy Aniki who Luffy is inspiration to be a pirate.

But this crazy..no they all crazy! Law, Luffy and the other supernova going to take down an emperor! I think this amazing!! I Can't wait for the new arc!!!
Jan 23, 2013 12:17 PM
Nov 2009
PARTY TIME!!!

looking forward meeting Kaido soon
Jan 23, 2013 12:22 PM

Aug 2011
kiDnameDSkia said:

Great to see it's actually Kaidou (oh jeez I wonder why the 100 beasts ^^ I guess this arc was about explaining his nickname)

Caesar alrdy said that kaido is using the altered devil fruits to give powers to his army so he has an army of 100 zoan devil fruit users lol
Jan 23, 2013 12:27 PM

Apr 2009
Warnock said:

Caesar alrdy said that kaido is using the altered devil fruits to give powers to his army so he has an army of 100 zoan devil fruit users lol

that was Big Mum.. which makes me think that she will be the second (and Kaido first), since they need to gather an army to fight her..
Jan 23, 2013 12:32 PM

Aug 2010
So Kaidou is the one. I'm looking forward to his appearance, because we're yet to see of him.

"Not that the order matters, I plan on wiping the floor with all four of them".

Lol Luffy, he's talking a little too big. I'm looking forward to seeing one of the emperors owning them all.
Jan 23, 2013 1:01 PM

Dec 2012
Good chapter. Yay Party Time. The interactions between Luffy and Law is just awesome. So Law wants to go after Kaido, thats gonna be interesting.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jan 23, 2013 1:58 PM

Mar 2012
So it was Kaidou! And his nickname is "Hundred Beast", this may indicate his a Zoan user, or possibly he was given the nickname because of the use of SMILES Artificial Fruits for his army.

I didnt expected Luffy to include Shanks as well on his list. I really want to see that, a friendly battle between Straw Hat Pirates and Red Hair Pirates.

Law was funny in this chapter, "I've finally finished.. cutting them into pieces!" and his WTF face when everyone starts partying.

I seriously thought Kinemon died, it was just the cast that was cracked.. seems the experiment was a failure.

Tashigi seems to be tearing for the kids? What happen?

This concludes the end of the Punk Hazard Arc (or nearly the end), if a party shows up, its an end to an arc lol

I wanted to see Law and Smoker partying, but that probably wont be in their personality, or at least having that much fun as the others lol. Zoro also looks rather happy xD

Wondering what Law is scheming, Smoker indicates he is "using the Strawhats", but he thinks its the opposite.

New bounties, here we come!

skwok-ravenJan 23, 2013 2:17 PM

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Jan 23, 2013 3:03 PM

May 2011
So Kaidou is first. I'm liking the ceasefire between Luffy/Law/Smoker, those 3 represent the foundation of One Piece itself; the seas, the underworld, and the Government.

The fact that they're heading back to Punk Hazard... I guess Doflamingo really will get Caeser.

Also, Shanks needs to put Luffy in his place, talking like that lol.
--

The fact that I watched One Piece: Episode of Nami right before this made Nami's words on "Female marines" that much more deep... It's ironic that I decided to watch it this morning out of every other day lol. Oda never forgets.
Jan 23, 2013 3:48 PM

Aug 2008
yay end of the arc party i love this chapter after every arc, and watching it in anime later.
Jan 23, 2013 5:03 PM

Mar 2012
Chimasternmay said:
yay end of the arc party i love this chapter after every arc, and watching it in anime later.

Dont get your hopes up, the anime made Fishman Island look like shit. And they already did bad on the Zoro vs dragon part.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Jan 23, 2013 5:23 PM

Apr 2007
"I've finally finished...cutting them into little pieces."

That was awesome lmao

Deathraver said:
Chimasternmay said:
Dont get your hopes up, the anime made Fishman Island look like shit. And they already did bad on the Zoro vs dragon part.
Dunno, I found fishman to be unbearable in the manga (didn't even finish reading it) and entertaining in the anime. Opinions opinions~ Also with Nakao Ryusei as Caesar I think we can already expect some great entertainment. That voice is perfect for him!
Jan 23, 2013 7:04 PM

Jan 2010
So basically Baby 5 and Sanji aren't gonna have a comedy moment. I suppose I'll have to spend the next week accepting that.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Jan 23, 2013 9:29 PM

Mar 2009
All of them? Even Shanks?

I guess it'll be more of a duel between friends/rivals.
Good luck to Luffy. He's gonna need it if he intends to beat Shanks.
Jan 23, 2013 10:40 PM

Mar 2012
I dont think Luffy is on Shanks level or actually, any of the Yonkou.

The only way to beat them in his current level, is to get the help of another pirate alliance.

Oda stated, that in the Fishman Island Arc where Luffy used his Conquerer's Haki to take down half the army, Shanks would had took down all of them.

Jan 23, 2013 10:58 PM

Jan 2011
classic victory party~
Jan 23, 2013 11:11 PM

Mar 2008
Shaduge said:
wiping the floor with all of them? know your place luffy, know your place

Luffy does know his place. His place is Pirate King!
Jan 24, 2013 6:35 AM

Aug 2012
Deathraver said:

The only way to beat them in his current level, is to get the help of another pirate alliance.

Oda stated, that in the Fishman Island Arc where Luffy used his Conquerer's Haki to take down half the army, Shanks would had took down all of them.

Well, I do think of all the OP characters Shanks was in a few instances shown as the most powerful conq. haki user. I think that's his strongest weapon, not the swordfighting, not the devil fruit (which he doesn't have), but his presence alone.

I wouldn't want Luffy to have a stronger one than him, that would make Shanks less unique.
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

-Claire Stanfield, Baccano!
Jan 24, 2013 8:40 AM

May 2011
Deathraver said:

Where and when was this legendary statement stated?
Jan 24, 2013 10:34 AM

Jun 2010
I only understand this chapter when I read the mangastream version...
Jan 24, 2013 12:33 PM

Oct 2011
-Shuda- said:
Deathraver said:

Where and when was this legendary statement stated?

It was in a SBS.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1098 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Nov 7, 2023

117 by Frosty »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 623 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Apr 30, 2011

50 by Sky_Chicken »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 621 Discussion

smokes - Apr 13, 2011

40 by Sky_Chicken »»
10 hours ago

» How many for elbaf people?

sailorsaturn01 - Yesterday

7 by kian_lad20 »»
Today, 8:15 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1127 Discussion

FMmatron - Sep 17

2 by wallus81 »»
Yesterday, 9:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.