Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2009 5:52 AM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So another exciting chapter with lot's of developments. The all mighty Isley has fallen. I wonder if he was weaker than usual because he wasn't eating much like he said.
And now we have Riful being hunted by 1 and 2 and those feeders. So will Riful make it with maybe the help of the revival of that creature she is trying to create? What kind of creature will it be? O! how the mighty had fallen. The awaken being hunted like dogs.
And what is Clare and her group going to do?
Also we still await to see Priscilla and Raki again.

Lot's of excitement coming up. I don't know about you but i can't wait.
MonadMar 15, 2009 5:57 AM
Mar 16, 2009 10:24 AM

Jul 2008
Wow, it was so surprising to see Isley fall at the hands of those Abyssal feeders, and such a kick in the balls that they would have retreated if he killed just one more. I never once thought of Isley as a bad guy throughout the entire series, he's always been a decent and nice guy since his introduction. Also, it's actually very heartwarming to see that in the end he would rather be with his makeshift family than trying to take over the world. Seriously, Claymore will not be the same without this guy. Rest in peace, Isley!

Can't wait to see how Riful get's on with Alicia, Beth and also the feeders. That'll be extremely interesting!
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Mar 20, 2009 3:05 PM

Jan 2009
interesting chapter so now only riful is still left from original 3 AO.
trought isleys death we realy see that world and balance of power is changing.
and it will be hard battle even for 7 ghosts.
Mar 29, 2009 6:13 AM

Jan 2008
Oh noes! Isley died! ;_;
These feeders indeed seem to be immortal. Now I start to wonder if Clare and Priscilla will join hands.
Apr 3, 2009 4:02 AM

Nov 2007
Woah Isley taken out and the organizations dispatch of the twins, this is getting pretty intense =D
May 8, 2009 10:25 PM

Jul 2008
ah man, i really liked isley- he was pretty cool, giant centaur guy who could make any weapon he wanted, but now hes gone and #1 & 2 are on they're way to take out riful, this should be interesting
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
May 7, 2010 4:36 PM

Jan 2009
I'm disappointed with the way Isley was defeated. I was hoping for something a bit more... epic.
Aug 7, 2010 5:12 PM

Mar 2010
Amazing i am only buying the volumes might take longer that way but i like it when i have it on my hands, greater than great story line

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 15, 2010 10:31 PM

Jun 2009
Woah! Isley's heavily damaged

The last attack of Isley hits one of the AF head? - but how come it regen. again

Alicia and Beth on the move
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Aug 16, 2010 1:55 AM
Mar 2010
Isley is "dogmeat".... I mean "Abyss Feeders'/Eaters' meat".... hehe.
Mar 11, 2011 3:27 PM

Jul 2009
Om nom nom?
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Apr 5, 2011 4:46 AM

Oct 2009
Oh nooooooo Isley :((...And what a freaking death!.....
Apr 5, 2011 11:40 AM
Mar 2010
he had a great death... :D

a harem of hot scantily clad women ... that can't get enough of him :D
Apr 5, 2011 3:35 PM

Dec 2008
I'm actually sad that Isley is dead.
Apr 5, 2011 5:03 PM
Mar 2010
but according to Riful (who tortures Claymores): ~"he's the CRUEL one, he's much more CRUEL than I am"

Isley to Rigardo: ~"I want NO life to remain in Pieta, not even a single living bug!"

Luciela to Isley: ~"I hate your pretty boy image, I much prefer your Awakened body, as it doesn't deceive how CRUEL you are, Isley the [COLD] SILVER KING! I know you, you're just like me, you HATE others, sending your own AB army to its death, just to get rid of them!"
Dec 30, 2011 7:32 AM

Jun 2009
You know, re-reading this...it pisses me off even more than the first time. Isley was such an awesome character, he didn't deserve to die such a horrible way. It was a shame to just kill him off like that.

But I have to admit that this chapter was intense. But looking back at it now, first Isley and then not much later
...this kinda was the part when this manga lost its steam for me.
Sep 11, 2012 12:58 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This was a great chapter. The death of Isley is unexpected. It was strangely moving to hear him talking about how he felt about Priscilla and Raki. It seems that becoming an Abbyssal One does not entirely remove one's humanity.

Alicia and Beth have beautiful character designs, even for Claymore's.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 30, 2012 4:59 AM
Jul 2011
Zinvince said:
Woah! Isley's heavily damaged

The last attack of Isley hits one of the AF head? - but how come it regen. again

Alicia and Beth on the move

if you saw it again, you will notice that creature hides its heads after its backs. Then shift it again back.
Mar 8, 2013 12:03 AM

Nov 2011
They've finally decided to unleash the top 2 from the Organization huh? ABOUT DAMN TIME.
Apr 24, 2013 4:25 PM

Dec 2010
I don't know about you, but this chap stroke me real hard. I want to drop the manga so hard right now. I wonder if hope that Priscilla's potential vengeance over the AF is reason enough for me to go on.

DARN IT, JUST WHEN HE GOT HIS HUMANITY BACK!

grandy_UiD said:
You know, re-reading this...it pisses me off even more than the first time. Isley was such an awesome character, he didn't deserve to die such a horrible way. It was a shame to just kill him off like that.

But I have to admit that this chapter was intense. But looking back at it now, first Isley and then not much later
...this kinda was the part when this manga lost its steam for me.
Right? I can't feel things being different for me.

Celenas said:
I'm disappointed with the way Isley was defeated. I was hoping for something a bit more... epic.
I was hoping that he wouldn't die at all, but this was just horrible. He got killed of like he was some kind of thrash. Blah.

My thoughts in a nutshell:
Touka said:
I never once thought of Isley as a bad guy throughout the entire series, he's always been a decent and nice guy since his introduction. Also, it's actually very heartwarming to see that in the end he would rather be with his makeshift family than trying to take over the world. Seriously, Claymore will not be the same without this guy. Rest in peace, Isley!
Jun 29, 2013 11:43 PM

Sep 2011
Nooo, Isley, nooo! :(
Sep 12, 2013 1:20 AM

Dec 2009
Isley was cool. One of my favorites. But now, he is gone...

Well, lets see what will happen to the 2 left.
Nov 22, 2013 7:22 AM

Dec 2012
isley u wer gud guy

I really did like him. Did he send Priscilla away? Surely together they could have taken the demons on.
Jan 11, 2014 6:55 PM
Dec 2013
I'm so sad...to think they would have retreated if he defeated one more :(
to die in such a horrible way!! Are there any ways to defeat the abyss feeders? and so sad that isley was thinking about his family when he died...:( aaah
May 22, 2014 7:43 PM

May 2011
Isley...

I'm left speechless by his final stand and his last words... Something seems to be bothering my eyes... Using Claymore OST only added to that. I'm actually a bit shaken up.

Isley of the North, you wont be forgotten. You've only earned even more respect from me.

Now they're after my Riful-Sama? Oh dear. The power-balance is about to take a huge turn; Alicia/Beth on the move led by Abyss Feeders, and Luciela/Raphaela. Something is about to go down.

Claymore. You've earned your spot for me indeed. I'll press forward.

5/5... (Only Isley could've made me comment here; I rarely do for mid-Manga in general.)
Nov 21, 2016 7:35 PM

Jan 2015
Damn that was such a pitiable ending for Isley. It made me rage inside that this awesome character would be done in such a miserable way by fucking parasites. It reminded me of Yamcha and the saibaimen... Not cool at all.
Woe is he, succumbing to this cruel world. At least he was likeable til the end.

I do hope these creatures don't take too much importance in the future though. Seeing them fight is not as engaging as real characters at all.
Aug 29, 2017 5:31 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Isley was kill by the 11 demons, and now the numbers 1 and 2 of the organization go to the Oest, place when all will be meet!!! kekeke
Dec 28, 2018 7:13 PM

Nov 2016
Fucking killed off Isley as if it was nothing and now they are after Riful :O

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 15, 2019 7:46 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
What the heck, where’d this come from? Freakin’ parasites just took the strongest creature of the abyss. They really should’ve teamed up first and then taken down this wicked Organisation before starting the territory battles. Isley thinking of the fake family in his last moments though.

But wait, it’s time for Numbers 1 and 2 to move! Yikes, things are heading into a mess.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 14, 2021 12:58 AM

Jan 2020
Isley is the coolest looking Abyssal and yet he died in such a pathetic way, I had hoped that he clashed with Riful at least once..
Sep 14, 2021 12:59 AM

Jan 2020
Anyway, shit is about to go down with Riful...
Jul 2, 2022 4:12 PM

Nov 2020
I think Riful will die pretty soon...
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Jun 22, 9:44 PM

Jun 2015
Rip Isley. he was a piece of shit from start to finish but he had a cool as all hell design. So the only emperor left is Riful. I hope she survives till the end. I like her. Alicia and Beth gotta die at some point. They're too emotionless and therefore characterless. Everytime they're on screen, it feels like we should've given it someone else.

Can't wait to see what the better twin duo of Luciella and Rafaela look like when they merge. I hope Renee survives this too.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 155 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Satou0Kun - Sep 30, 2014

169 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Aug 12, 3:16 AM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 142 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

55 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Aug 11, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 15 Discussion

jeanfarias - Feb 14, 2012

8 by AngryIndianNerd »»
Aug 1, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 87 Discussion

Zinvy - Aug 15, 2010

12 by phantom346 »»
Jun 22, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 82 Discussion ( 1 2 )

8GaugeBrett - Aug 4, 2008

53 by phantom346 »»
Jun 22, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.