Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 20, 2013 1:51 AM

Jun 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
It's a shame we won't be seeing a fight between Aokiji and Doflamingo. Now we'll be left wondering how powerful DD actually is.

On the bright side, the newspapers reveal some amazing stuff. It seems DD was the king of Dressrosa but has left the throne and has given up his position as Shichibukai. What's even more surprising is that all the supernova alliances have been reported. This happened sooner than I expected but this pretty much guarantees that Luffy and Law's crew will finally get a higher bounty.

Feb 20, 2013 3:55 AM
Sep 2012
Really enjoyed this one! The SH interactions are always really fun.
I love how bepo is on Law's wanted poster like Usopp is on Luffy's. lol.
PipokoFeb 20, 2013 4:24 AM
Feb 20, 2013 3:57 AM
Mar 2012
great how things are going, I'll wait for mangastream's version because it feels like something's missing
Feb 20, 2013 4:03 AM

Jul 2009
I wonder what the now former king is planning, hmmm? I can't imagine them actually handing caesar over to him, at least not without law taking his heart for good measure.
Feb 20, 2013 4:03 AM

Apr 2009
I could care less about the fights.
Oda should give us another arc purely focused on world-building now like he did with the chapters after EL and the war. I just love reading how the OPverse works and what kind politics are established there.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Feb 20, 2013 4:04 AM

Aug 2010
Awesome Newspaper hehe XD Must've shocked the whole world.

I thought that there would be an increase in bounty after seeing Luffy's face on the paper but it seems that will be left for later. Hope for the rest of the crew too hehe.

The Hawkin, Appo and Kid alliance was also on the same page, man that's what u call a special paper.

Also seems Kidd has a 470 mil bounty?!...hope Luffy's bounty can catch up to those guys soon also we need a Zoro bounty up too.

I lmao'd sooooooooooooo much at Momo...man the kid is crafty and lucky as hell XDXDXD I want to be in his place. LUCKY BASTARD!! I know how u feel Sanji XD But I wonder how Kinnemon felt seeing his son being that lucky XD

Wonder what Doflamingo is thinking now...also was that Kaidou who called at the end?

PS. NAKED ROBIN IS HAWT!!!
Barion-ZaraFeb 20, 2013 4:22 AM
Feb 20, 2013 4:15 AM

Oct 2008
Momonosuke.... THE KID IS AN EVIL GENIUS!!
Feb 20, 2013 4:16 AM

Dec 2009
I still wonder what happened with Law's crew. Will we eventually get any news about it?
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Feb 20, 2013 4:22 AM

Jan 2010
Nidhoeggr said:
I could care less about the fights.
Oda should give us another arc purely focused on world-building now like he did with the chapters after EL and the war. I just love reading how the OPverse works and what kind politics are established there.

I agree, actually. It'd be nice if Oda fleshed out the NW a bit before shoving the SH in.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.

Jun 2012
Barion-Zara said:

I thought that there would be an increase in bounty after seeing Luffy's face on the paper but it seems that will be left for later. Hope for the rest of the crew too hehe.

The Hawkin, Appo and Kid alliance was also on the same page, man that's what u call a special paper.

Also seems Kidd has a 470 mil bounty?!...hope Luffy's bounty can catch up to those guys soon also we need a Zoro bounty up too.

I lmao'd sooooooooooooo much at Momo...man the kid is crafty and lucky as hell XDXDXD I want to be in his place. LUCKY BASTARD!! I know how u feel Sanji XD But I wonder how Kinnemon felt seeing his son being that lucky XD

Wonder what Doflamingo is thinking now...also was that Kaidou who called at the end?

wasnt it the law den den mushi that was ringing? which means it would be law, which would make sense as he has just seen him resign and said he would contact him again after he had done so.

Awesome chapter, they didnt fight but im sort of glad in a way. Aokiji telling smoker to warn akainu and get him to dispatch the admirals! i think laws plan is possibly to start a war between kaidou and the WG? it seems the most logical because none of the current people have a chance against a yonkou right now and if luffy does beat one so early i would be quite annoyed.

Aokiji, a man of mystery :) is he just a lone wolf now?

Seeing the alliances in the paper was nice, the WG now know about luffy and laws alliance so maybe law could lose his title?

LOL at momo, lucky guy xD
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?

Mar 2012
Stuff actually happening, main story is finally progressing further, jokes that are pretty funny, and interesting dialogue. Awesome chapter.

Better than the last one
5/5

As always the chapters that are between actual arcs are the ones that are more to the point.
End Zionazism
Feb 20, 2013 4:23 AM

Aug 2010
jimbob1141 said:
Barion-Zara said:

wasnt it the law den den mushi that was ringing? which means it would be law, which would make sense as he has just seen him resign and said he would contact him again after he had done so.

Oh yeah, I didn't notice the hat hehe XD

Like u guys above I'm also wishing for more chapter that delve more in the OPverse, they're always really interesting :D

Btw does anyone have any ideas on why the SHs haven't reached Dressrosa yet while Doflamingo has?

Also it seems that the thing about Kuzan riding a bird was right lol XD
Barion-ZaraFeb 20, 2013 4:36 AM
Feb 20, 2013 4:35 AM

Jul 2010
jimbob1141 said:

It is most likely Law's Den Den Mushi. But I thought Den Den Mushis were like phones, so it could be anyone (remember fodder calling Luffy's DDM at the beginning of the Punk Hazard Arc?). I'm saying Kaidou; those DDM eyes must be his... maybe.

PS Isn't it awesome how those DDM portray the faces of the callers?
PPS Franky's hair is gay, just saying
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Feb 20, 2013 4:36 AM

Sep 2011
Lmao, so many things happening in this chapter. Did anyone notice Franky's new hairstyle? Or was it like that before and I just not notice? Love how calm Donflamigo is at the end, just chillin' and reading a book while waiting for Law's call. XP
Feb 20, 2013 5:09 AM

Oct 2008
dorkeemindee12 said:
Lmao, so many things happening in this chapter. Did anyone notice Franky's new hairstyle? Or was it like that before and I just not notice?

It was there since last chapter.
Feb 20, 2013 5:13 AM

Jun 2010
Awesome chapter. What exactly is Akainu?! Lol at Momonosuke.
Feb 20, 2013 5:16 AM
Feb 2012
-MgZ_ said:
Awesome chapter. What exactly is Akainu?! Lol at Momonosuke.

You're asking what Akainu is? He, now called Sakazuki, is a former admiral and the current fleet-admiral of the marines.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Feb 20, 2013 5:24 AM

Sep 2011
Hypeathon said:
dorkeemindee12 said:
Lmao, so many things happening in this chapter. Did anyone notice Franky's new hairstyle? Or was it like that before and I just not notice?

It was there since last chapter.

My bad :X
Feb 20, 2013 5:36 AM

May 2012
any ideas who's this admirals?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2013 6:08 AM

Aug 2012
Well, this chapter left a lot of questions open.
We need introductions of the new admirals, Kaidou, what moves will each side do (Law, Dofl, Kaidou, WG)

It's getting pretty darn interesting ^^
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

-Claire Stanfield, Baccano!
Feb 20, 2013 6:25 AM

Apr 2009
Mikasa said:

As always the chapters that are between actual arcs are the ones that are more to the point.

yeah thats right.. the rest is just adventure.. though we love it for that, otherwise it wouldn't be so popular!

anyways i can't understand who will be the new admirals, since the war we saw that marines doesn't have any guys on admiral level (honestly i though it was Smoker, but he's not)
So pulling 2 new guys out of nowhere, of Aokiji level kinda makes no sense.. or they could be some old marines that went to jail or smth..like Sakazuki freeing them or smth..
Feb 20, 2013 6:33 AM

Jun 2012
smokes said:
Mikasa said:

yeah thats right.. the rest is just adventure.. though we love it for that, otherwise it wouldn't be so popular!

anyways i can't understand who will be the new admirals, since the war we saw that marines doesn't have any guys on admiral level (honestly i though it was Smoker, but he's not)
So pulling 2 new guys out of nowhere, of Aokiji level kinda makes no sense.. or they could be some old marines that went to jail or smth..like Sakazuki freeing them or smth..

Yeah i have no idea either, im sure we will get logical reasons about where they came from. i hope so anyway. unless there are some characters that everyone is forgetting, or some characters may have gone through crazy training during the TS, next chapter is 700 maybe we get a big revalation xD
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Feb 20, 2013 6:38 AM

Aug 2012
What the hell is akainu up to I wonder? Who are the new admirals? So many questions after reading this chapter which I liked a lot.
Feb 20, 2013 7:16 AM

Aug 2008
hahaha I love Momonosuke!!

I love the current OP ;) And why Law's crew isn't here yet? I met the white bear!
Feb 20, 2013 7:47 AM

Sep 2011

Bahahaha this kid is a gem. One the most hilarious One Piece chapters in a long time.

The plot seems to be taking a strange direction now, I just hope Oda doesn't focus too much on this alliance and takes away from what makes One Piece special. The interaction between the Straw Hat crew. I still want them to have stand alone adventures like they did in Skypia. Rather not have One Piece turn into another Battle Royal like Bleach/Naruto.

5/5 for me.
Feb 20, 2013 9:06 AM

May 2012
sadly no fight of aokiji and flamingo ...

anyway that kid haha fucking hilarious :D
Didnt expect flamingo to retire though
Feb 20, 2013 9:10 AM

Mar 2011
Momo's such a badass.
My Hero.

Feb 20, 2013 10:35 AM

Apr 2007
Exciting stuff~

And lol @ Momonosuke. Clever brat.
Feb 20, 2013 11:25 AM

Apr 2009
I think DressaRosa arc will be a huge one.. like Alabasta city or smth like that..

but with more awesome powerful characters

I Hope Kidd and Basil Hawkins will come to dressarosa too at the end of arc hearing about Doflamingo's retire..
Or An Admiral coming there (or 2)
shiiiitt i can't imagine already
Feb 20, 2013 11:32 AM
Mar 2012
half of op's popularity comes from people imagining scenarios and getting excited
Feb 20, 2013 11:33 AM

Jun 2008
Congratulations Momonosuke, you just made every male One Piece reader hate your guts, lol.^_^ That kid is going places. Why can't we have a piece of the holy land too?
Feb 20, 2013 1:04 PM

Mar 2012
Momo you fucken bastard... lol

I still want to know what is Aokiji up to. He doesnt seem to be in any factions yet.

I actually expected more of this, but its still a good chapter. We see some changes.

Doflamingo stepping down would surely be a shock to the world. I wonder whats that call at the end gonna be.

And finally, we see the wanted poster pictures of the other Supernovas. But what would the World Government think of Law's alliance with the Strawhats?

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Feb 20, 2013 1:25 PM

Aug 2010
Pretty good chapter. Momonosuke is such a lucky bastard.

I wonder who the new admirals are.
Feb 20, 2013 2:43 PM

Apr 2008

Fuck you Momonosuke.
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Feb 20, 2013 3:35 PM

Oct 2011
Damn brat ... taking a bath with Robin-swan ... >.<

The next chapter will be seriously awesome, I can feel it =)

5/5
Feb 20, 2013 3:42 PM

Apr 2011
I thought Kuzan was riding a seagull but it was just a penguin with a backpack.
"Reality is a story the minds tells itself. An artificial structure conjured into being by the calcium ion exchange of a million synaptic fringes"
Feb 20, 2013 3:58 PM

Nov 2008
My guess is that Aokiji is aligned with the Revolution and is stirring up things in order to get the various other factions fighting against each other and thus weakening themselves.

But it was interesting and very smart for Doflamingo to reveal the story about Luffy and Law at the same time he reported his resignation. That weakens Law too.

And somehow, I just get a feeling that Doflamingo and Akiinu have some sort of secret agreement too, and that is why Doflamingo gave up so easily...
Feb 20, 2013 4:49 PM

Jul 2009
I knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aokiji is a good guy! XDD

And wow ... those are some pretty impressive alliances! Can't wait to figure out more!
Feb 20, 2013 5:09 PM

Sep 2012
I think the episodes in-between arcs are what make the big fight scenes so awesome. I like them both. I'm sure Oda will come up with something if new admirals appear. All the past ones were logia though. I don't know how many more logias could exhist in the Navy.

Speaking of Coby getting powerful, if he ate a Devil Fruit what do you think it would be?

Oh, and by and by, I just really want to see Luffy have a good fight soon. I don't know how he'll do against Doflamingo though. If Law tells Luffy what DF's power is than he'd have a much better shot.
Feb 20, 2013 5:20 PM

Aug 2012
So did it basically confirm that dolfa is a wind logia?
Feb 20, 2013 6:05 PM

Jul 2010
damn that lucky brat!!!
and the admirals can be vice admirals that ranked up
and i dont think coby is any near admira,l in the last movie of hand island hes shown as captain
Feb 20, 2013 6:32 PM

Aug 2010
Damn that was one awesome chapter, so much revealed and yet at the same time so many questions are raised! It makes me wonder what was Kuzan/Aokiji doing during the timeskip. Especially with Doflamingo saying "What I'm hearing about you through the grapvine... ain't pretty", that just peaked my interest even more.
ElementSpongeFeb 20, 2013 6:38 PM
Feb 20, 2013 7:39 PM

May 2011
I'm pretty sure it was Smoker who revealed Law and Luffy's alliance.

Also, Aokiji is becoming more and more interesting. I love how Oda changed his role so drastically. Hope he's with Dragon now.

Now that the 3 powers are unbalanced, what direction will the world go, who will make the first move? One Piece is getting me so freaking excited all over again!

5/5
Feb 20, 2013 8:11 PM

Dec 2011
LOL at Momonosuke. Ahaha. "This boy is my hero."

Can't wait to see more of Doflamingo and hopefully reveal his Devil Fruit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2013 8:58 PM

Mar 2012
Pipoko said:
Really enjoyed this one! The SH interactions are always really fun.
I love how bepo is on Law's wanted poster like Usopp is on Luffy's. lol.

LOL! I just realised that! xD

Barion-Zara said:

Its already shown in a few chapters back that Kid had a bounty of 470M o_o

Glad that I got my theory right on the foreshadowing of Aokiji. He was riding a bird like animal!
skwok-ravenFeb 20, 2013 9:17 PM

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Feb 20, 2013 9:02 PM
Feb 2013
You all should check my thoughts on my channel ^__^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3uehqi4Qsg
Please check out my youtube!! I just started reviewing anime & manga & your feed back would be greatly appreciated ^__^ . http://www.youtube.com/user/DamnReMo
Feb 20, 2013 11:22 PM
Dec 2012
Momonosuke, a pervert who uses his child status as an excuse
Feb 20, 2013 11:48 PM

Jul 2010
Great chapter. Loved the newspaper. I thought Doflamingo will not gave in so easily and try to reason with Kaido while searching for Law and Strawhats. I wonder if he's the one exposed law-strawhats alliance as part of the plan, but then who's reported other alliance? I just hope this fight in Dressrosa won't turn out kingdom rescue arc. The king need to be taken down because of his all other activities. Too bad Aokiji didn't get much action i was hoping for.. Can't wait for next chapter.
Feb 21, 2013 2:03 PM
Feb 2012
writtenonclouds said:
So did it basically confirm that dolfa is a wind logia?

lol what?
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Feb 21, 2013 3:10 PM

Aug 2012
When Akoiji attacked him there was like a blast of wind so he wasn't frozen, and it showed him moving through the air towards hazard(basically flying)

It kinda makes sense you know.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 60 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 8, 2010

16 by Dumb »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 59 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 8, 2010

14 by Dumb »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 58 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 8, 2010

19 by Dumb »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 57 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 8, 2010

17 by Dumb »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 56 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 8, 2010

15 by Dumb »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.