Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 26, 2013 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A lot of speeches being given out this episode. So heartwarming ;.;. Yup, let those tears flow like no tomorrow especially Chieri. She just loves everyone :P

Jan 26, 2013 12:28 PM
Sep 2007
Woah can't wait for the subs! Def an intense episode!!!!!!!!

In such a short amount of time they captured well how the real elections are, especially in the end where they showed the aftermath behind the scenes of the election. Where members are happy, crying, supporting/comforting eachother and congratulating eachother as friends and rivals!

I was happy with the results as well :) Great ep!
Jan 26, 2013 12:54 PM
Mar 2012
Totally forgot that today the show came out today, was too preoccupied with AKB48's Request Hour 100 songs streaming lol.

Anyway I love the results..ESPECIALLY SAYAKA!! WHY ISN'T THIS REAL??! T^T

Oh No Name performed the OP song at Unit Matsuri. The costumes look really nice for cosplay.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTA2MDgyMzAw.html

BTW the result for the election for Sae, Tomochin, and Kojiharu/Nyan Nyan is the same as their real election result last year lol.
Jan 26, 2013 1:15 PM
Sep 2007
akbfan said:
Totally forgot that today the show came out today, was too preoccupied with AKB48's Request Hour 100 songs streaming lol.

Oh No Name performed the OP song at Unit Matsuri. The costumes look really nice for cosplay.

BTW the result for the election for Sae, Tomochin, and Kojiharu/Nyan Nyan is the same as their real election result last year lol.

lol ya I also watched Request Hour and lost sleep but it was worth it :P

& I like how they kept some of the results the same as the real members :3 haha & I also wished some of these results were real like Sayaka, but mostly that TAKAMINA"S RESULTS would be like on the show :P

Can't wait for the next ep!
Jan 26, 2013 7:34 PM
Mar 2012
kira-factor said:
akbfan said:

lol ya I also watched Request Hour and lost sleep but it was worth it :P

& I like how they kept some of the results the same as the real members :3 haha & I also wished some of these results were real like Sayaka, but mostly that TAKAMINA"S RESULTS would be like on the show :P

Can't wait for the next ep!

Wmidget center~ hopefully general manager's rank will rise in real life too. Takamina shouldn't be 6th lol
Oh but I FCKING LOVE that Chieri pulled a Yuihan ^O^/

Oh forgot

song insert

Kiseki wa ma ni awanai

Seifuku Resistance

AKBsanjou

Heavy Rotation

the first song Yuko center because she won the election T^T
akbfanJan 26, 2013 9:21 PM
Jan 26, 2013 7:44 PM

May 2011
Expectations have been exceeded yet again. This anime never lets me down. Chieri's reaction was my favorite for sure. So much emotion! :')
Jan 26, 2013 8:47 PM

Aug 2011
Freaking amazing episode. I expected it to be amazing but damn all those speeches and the emotions that were shown were well done
Jan 26, 2013 9:37 PM

Aug 2010
Couldn't help but shed tears.

Also, hyperventilating chieri is so cute, I wanna hug her till she pops
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jan 26, 2013 10:02 PM

Jan 2011
I can see the female audience crying right along with the 00 girls this episode lol

But damn...that episode. I was so hyped after last weeks cliff hanger and this did not disappoint. The happiness for your comrade but sadness of your defeat was well depicted. Ready for the rest of the season!
Jan 26, 2013 11:17 PM

Nov 2012
chieri reminds me of yuihan

“Fools who don’t respect the past are likely to repeat it.” – Nico Robin
Jan 27, 2013 1:03 AM

Oct 2011
Nice episode in general - good and somehow touching reactions of everyone (bit more interesting were those of the "audience")

and that's nice they reminded how creepy is Tomomi's family :3
Jan 27, 2013 1:08 AM

Feb 2008
Yeah indeed pretty good episode and Nagisa is no determined to work harder, now can we move to the main character now.

Center Nova Acchan ?
Does that mean someone will success as Acchan?

Anyway? I want a preview.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jan 27, 2013 1:54 AM

May 2010
Congratulation to all the girls who are elected !!
Jan 27, 2013 1:59 AM

Nov 2009
AMAZING AS I EXPECTED IT TO BE. My high expectations are continually being fulfilled :')
You go Chieri!
Jan 27, 2013 2:16 AM

Mar 2010
One of the best episodes so far and best of the season
Jan 27, 2013 4:36 AM

Jul 2009
So Number 8 and her fans cried "tears of frustration" that the was "only" the no. 8 most popular member of over 48 candidates?
So how does she think everyone who didn't rank is supposed to feel?
Jan 27, 2013 4:42 AM

Apr 2011
Amazing and instense episode. Chieri's election is the most emotional of all. She got me worried that she might collapse.

After this, Nagisa is now more determine. Did Nagisa just hyperventilate as well? Or is it something else.

The General Elections is awesome. But what makes me look forward more is Sensei sensei's announcemnt: The next Acchan.
Jan 27, 2013 5:01 AM

Jul 2009
Magito said:
Did Nagisa just hyperventilate as well? Or is it something else.
I'd say she was probably the most nervous of them all, as she was also afraid of the competition between the girls. Also she was shocked that Chieri said she would quit. I guess when she started to relax a little her body just broke down for a few minutes...
Jan 27, 2013 5:16 AM
Mar 2012
animehobbit said:
So Number 8 and her fans cried "tears of frustration" that the was "only" the no. 8 most popular member of over 48 candidates?

The real Itano Tomomi was kinda frustrated when she dropped in ranking to 8th last year. Her speech in the show was similar to what happened in real life.

Of course if you're in the group, you want to be one of the most popular right?
It's expected, if you're ambitious and want to make it in the industry too. It's not an insult for any girls. Watanabe Mayu did this speech in 2010 about how she's not happy being 5th too. They all want to aim for a better position.
Jan 27, 2013 5:42 AM

Jun 2007
I think it's too unbelievable that only 10 girls are ranked though. Then what was the point of introducing the other successors!?

But I totally wish that Sayaka's rank happened in real life! Though it was sad when they pretty much skipped over everyone's speeches after Chieri's till Takamina's.
Jan 27, 2013 5:49 AM

Aug 2010
well, there's only 10 spots for the single, so only 10 girls CAN rank
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jan 27, 2013 5:51 AM
Mar 2012
Exia said:
I think it's too unbelievable that only 10 girls are ranked though. Then what was the point of introducing the other successors!?

But I totally wish that Sayaka's rank happened in real life! Though it was sad when they pretty much skipped over everyone's speeches after Chieri's till Takamina's.

Filler members? You need to show the depressing side of election.
Jan 27, 2013 6:43 AM

Aug 2011
Tbh there would only be one thing better than Yuuko getting first place, and that would be Kanata.
Jan 27, 2013 7:12 AM

Apr 2011
If I might add, the 77th understudies have the best looking costumes out of the rest of the members.
Jan 27, 2013 8:49 AM
Feb 2011
akbfan said:
Exia said:

Filler members? You need to show the depressing side of election.

And I was hoping a top 10 spot for Paruru. Pffft :P Well, it was both depressing and touching at the same time. Just like the real senbatsu elections. I effing cried up until Mayuyu, I mean Chieri. Funny thing is they made Mayuyu 5th and Chieri 6th. Awkward~ Anyway, now that the election is over, bring on the new 0048 senbatsu single!!!
I think therefore I am. Lulz☆彡
Jan 27, 2013 8:54 AM

Jul 2009
That girl with a lemon on her head, l love her so much!

Mod Edit
image was too large and needed to be placed under a spoiler tag
Suzune-chanJan 27, 2013 7:35 PM
Jan 27, 2013 12:36 PM
Mar 2012
leetshoe said:

Ichikawa Miori? XD

Jan 27, 2013 2:03 PM

Jul 2011
Wow this episode had me all nervous for the girls. I am glad that chieri got in the finals. and I am also glad that Yuuko got first place. :D

With Nagisa and yuuko having their own little kirara, it is possible that maybe Nagisa, Chieri and Yuuko will become center nova together?? Or at least just Nagisa and Chieri.

Hmm well, we'll see, and can't wait for next episode!
Jan 27, 2013 2:05 PM

Jul 2011
Magito said:

The General Elections is awesome. But what makes me look forward more is Sensei sensei's announcemnt: The next Acchan.

Same here!! but when I heard Center NOva...Center Nova...Acchan!
I thought Acchan would actually come back, but now with your post then I guess it is possible someone will succeed Acchan. :D yikes!

So exciting!
Jan 27, 2013 5:48 PM

Jan 2013
akbfan said:
animehobbit said:

The real Itano Tomomi was kinda frustrated when she dropped in ranking to 8th last year. Her speech in the show was similar to what happened in real life.

Of course if you're in the group, you want to be one of the most popular right?
It's expected, if you're ambitious and want to make it in the industry too. It's not an insult for any girls. Watanabe Mayu did this speech in 2010 about how she's not happy being 5th too. They all want to aim for a better position.

That speech had me crying, as did Tomochin's in the show! AH.

What a good episode. If Sayaka ranked three, I would literally die though. <3 Her solo song 'Mushi no Ballad' (sp?) ranked number 5 in the Request Hour so.. maybe she'll get out of 17 and make for real Senbatsu? Eh? Eh? I hope this is a prophecy!

Back to the show though, I digress.

I'm excited to see a more competitive Nagisa come out! I also wonder how hard Chieri's father's company is going to push Chieri.. Excitement! Nine more episodes of wonder!
Jan 27, 2013 5:49 PM

Apr 2010
How is it called the ost played in the ending?

Great episode. This season is just rising the already great finish of the first.
Jan 27, 2013 7:22 PM

Jul 2009
leetshoe said:

That's Himeko Ichioka.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Jan 27, 2013 7:55 PM

Jul 2009
Was I the only one creeped out by the end? Maybe the stuttering made it 10x more creepy...either way great episode and I look forward to Nagisa getting better 3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2013 3:28 AM

Sep 2008
I dislike that Chieri got in the finals...
Ok, she admitted she get such big fanbase because of her father,
and not because of her father they started like her,
but because of her father she get this fanbase,
people get to know her better because of her father,
is this fair to the other?
I just don't like the way she won...
Most of them wins after years,
they work for this...
and she just win, because some people 'help her with this'
in the end she is coward,
she don't even tell their friends,
about her 'father help'
Jan 28, 2013 3:47 AM
Jul 2009
LittleStar said:
I dislike that Chieri got in the finals...
Ok, she admitted she get such big fanbase because of her father,
and not because of her father they started like her,
but because of her father she get this fanbase,
people get to know her better because of her father,
is this fair to the other?

Despite Chieri's reaction, it's not really that unfair. Her father was just promoting her. Being pushed by sponsors or management, that's pretty common in the real life akb too. Besides, a good chunk of her popularity was due to her inspiring speech during the trial, so it's not like she doesn't deserve it at all.

LittleStar said:
she just win, because some people 'help her with this'
in the end she is coward

If you think she's a coward then you didn't get the episode's message, nor what akb is all about. This isn't sport. There's competition, but even this exists for the sake of the fan. They support the idols' careers, they love them, so the idols have to respond to that love by doing their best. That's why Chieri couldn't quit. That would be a betrayal to everything akb stands for, a betrayal to the fan.
1idd0kunJan 28, 2013 3:52 AM
Jan 28, 2013 5:45 AM

Apr 2011
MoonxArtemis said:
Magito said:

Same here!! but when I heard Center NOva...Center Nova...Acchan!
I thought Acchan would actually come back, but now with your post then I guess it is possible someone will succeed Acchan. :D yikes!

So exciting!

All past Center Novas who disappeared are already considered graduated. Since the 13th Acchan is long gone, the title of Atsuko Maeda is left empty, waiting to be passed on to the rightful successor.

If you didn't remember last season's announcement, the 14th Acchan will be announced this season.

And from looking at this episode, it's Nagisa's turn to shine..and I'm definitely going to root for her.

I'll be furious if she won't be the 14th Acchan.
MagitoJan 30, 2013 7:05 AM
Jan 28, 2013 12:29 PM

Jun 2008
I thought Chieri was gonna hurl.
Jan 28, 2013 5:05 PM

May 2011
Despite how dramatic this whole election got, it really was heartwarming to see those girls get elected and give their emotional speeches. Loved this episode.

Would've been great for me to see Takamina get first tho but oh well, Yuuko was great too.
Jan 28, 2013 9:08 PM
Feb 2011
MoonxArtemis said:
Wow this episode had me all nervous for the girls. I am glad that chieri got in the finals. and I am also glad that Yuuko got first place. :D

With Nagisa and yuuko having their own little kirara, it is possible that maybe Nagisa, Chieri and Yuuko will become center nova together?? Or at least just Nagisa and Chieri.

Hmm well, we'll see, and can't wait for next episode!

Hmmm a double center... Not impossible. AKB had double centers for most of their singles last year (Managuu and UZA though Gingham Check looks like it had double centers but it's a senbatsu single so that doesn't count). But a double center nova would be just too much. It'll be anticlimactic but I really don't know tbh. I'll root for Nagisa to be Acchan the 14th all the way though. She's Acchan material LOL
I think therefore I am. Lulz☆彡
Jan 29, 2013 9:44 AM
Mar 2012

Please not Heavy Rotation...it fit as Yuko's center song but they already played it on the show D:
At least Gingham Check?

Jan 30, 2013 7:22 AM

Apr 2011
Looking at the previews, they're gonna perform Heavy Rotation.

I laugh at Nagisa, Yuuka, and Orine wearing a gasmask. And why are the rest of them wearing disguises? Hmm...

I'm getting tired of Hearing Rotation, I'm hoping they'll perform a new song instead.
Jan 31, 2013 9:43 AM

Jan 2011
This was amazing! Although I never expected the general elections to take up a whole episode. Time flew by, really enjoyable. I wonder if Nagisa had something serious or if it was just stress or something similar. My expectations keep rising and this keeps delivering, I'm looking forward to more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 31, 2013 5:53 PM

Jan 2012
General Elections!!! too bad nagisa didn't make it lol
Feb 1, 2013 12:02 AM

Sep 2012
So many scenes referenced from the actual events happening in the real life sousenkyou (general election) !! The scene of Chieri struggling to catch breath is such a gem. I can imagine how much Mayuyu (who voices Chieri) relished imitating Yuihan (Yui Yokoyama, who got out-of-breath on stage two years in a row) in the dubbing session ;-)
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 1, 2013 4:38 PM

Jun 2011
I feel like all the episodes in AKB0048 Next Stage are mainly focusing on Chieri, its not that I dislike Chieri or anything, but I'm starting to have my doubts if anything good will happen to Nagisa soon or any other understudies for that matter. So far the 1st season is way better.
Feb 4, 2013 5:16 AM

Aug 2011
Interesting ep as it was all dedicated to the elections. I felt the tension and the excitement as they were announcing the results on stage.

I'm a little disappointed that Nagisa didn't make the top 10 but that just drove her determination to work harder even more.
Feb 9, 2013 6:04 PM

Feb 2012
Woah woah woah... "I love you. I want you. I need you."

AKB0048 made that song? O h snap, i've been watching too many MMD videos with that song and dance. The truth is out!
Feb 19, 2013 1:58 PM

Oct 2012
Very disappointing story line... to obvious from the start who was going to get it and who would get in, very disappointing along with very long speeches :(

worst episode I've seen of AKB out of the 2 seasons they have made upto this ep.

Mar 9, 2013 7:58 AM

Sep 2009
I really like Nagisa to be elected but i can feel it that it's too early for her.. she's going to more amazing! ^^
Feb 12, 2014 7:29 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching)

My gosh! The suspense! I've seen it before but it's still so intense! Tears of joy. Tears of disappointment. It's just amazing how they build up the "chance" that Nagisa could have been 1st. Even knowing the result beforehand... wow. Not to mention Chieri... they keep you in the dark until the last second. Is she going to quit? or not? "I love you all!"
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

symbv - Mar 23, 2013

80 by Mich666 »»
Aug 23, 2:44 PM

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2013

70 by Mich666 »»
Aug 23, 2:12 PM

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

156 by Destroyer31 »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:41 PM

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2013

83 by TitanInsane »»
May 18, 2021 4:23 AM

Poll: » AKB0048 Next Stage Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

93 by TitanInsane »»
May 18, 2021 3:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.