Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 20, 2012 7:21 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty dull episode overall, but a rather interesting reveal at the end.
Preview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOpqRBv2Xuo&feature=related
Oct 20, 2012 7:35 PM

Dec 2009
I think that was the longest party in the series!

aww yeah love it when story threads from years ago start resurfacing
Oct 20, 2012 7:42 PM

Sep 2012
"A hero is someone who shares his sake with everyone, I want all the sake for myself"
hahaha, I love how zoro said that referencing back to when luffy said it the same thing about meat xD
"If you can't even protect your captain, then your ambition is useless" - Roronoa Zoro
Oct 20, 2012 7:43 PM

Oct 2011
clearly, this episode sucked.. how can you make an episode where 2 things that take maybe 3 minutes are the only interesting things..
the discussion with jimbei at the beginning and the discussion between robin and neptune were the only things where you really could enjoy anything plus zoro
TNT_RoronoaZoro said:
"A hero is someone who shares his sake with everyone, I want all the sake for myself"
hahaha, I love how zoro said that referencing back to when luffy said it the same thing about meat xD
Oct 20, 2012 7:46 PM

Mar 2012
It's sad how they spent most of the episode partying but the ending was very nice.

I wonder how the Noah ties to everything and whether Luffy will fulfill Joy boy's promise
Oct 20, 2012 8:14 PM

Feb 2011
Another dragged out episode.
Nice ending though.
Things are finally wrapping up.
Oct 20, 2012 8:17 PM

Aug 2012
As much as I hate to say it One Piece needs a filler arc or a break because I don't want future arcs to be dragged on as much as this one
Oct 20, 2012 8:23 PM

Mar 2010
Not exactly a crappy episode, but overall it was pretty boring. The ending was interesting and the beginning was good but the middle was too stretched out and kinda killed the episode.

It did have some funny moments though.
Oct 20, 2012 8:24 PM
Oct 2012
Not everyone hates the more "chilled out" episodes. It's good to see the strawhats relaxing after a battle. Though, it was still a bit weird with the diva etc.

Crucial information, though. So shirahoshi is the ancient weapon?
Oct 20, 2012 8:28 PM

May 2011
TNT_RoronoaZoro said:

LOL couldn't agree more.
Oct 20, 2012 8:59 PM

Jan 2011
I'm still wondering what happened to the quicksand guy...

Haha loved all the Sanji moments!
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Oct 20, 2012 9:02 PM

Oct 2011
I'm not going to lie,that party scene was much more.......calm & dull than how I imagine it after reading it in the manga.I was expecting a mix between the "Under the Sea" Little Mermaid music video & the celebration scene at the end of Return of the Jedi,of course with a One Piece feel.I guess that was my fault for expecting too much.

As for the episode.............ROBIN'S BOOBS,nuff said.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Oct 20, 2012 9:25 PM

Sep 2008
Jeddy017 said:
I'm not going to lie,that party scene was much more.......calm & dull than how I imagine it after reading it in the manga.I was expecting a mix between the "Under the Sea" Little Mermaid music video & the celebration scene at the end of Return of the Jedi,of course with a One Piece feel.I guess that was my fault for expecting too much.

I think we both had similar expectations. Having watched what I thought would be a grand party specially how it was depicted in the manga, I was kinda left disappointed. I really hope they're not gonna drag every episode from here on end for next arc as fishman arc just got too boring for me midway.
Oct 20, 2012 9:27 PM

Jan 2011
interesting ending. Damn Robin we can always count on you to figure stuff out
Oct 20, 2012 9:43 PM

Sep 2008
robin...yuo leveled up quite a bit...
nice episode, its tank to this draged episodes that one piece has few non-manga episodes, so i think its fine, besides, we have all watched 569 eps, so i guess we have a lot of endurance =)(plus the manga)

im gonna miss shirahoshi, kinda got used to its stupid crybaby voice in the anime

TNT_RoronoaZoro said:

that =)
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 20, 2012 10:02 PM

Dec 2011
Finally, a party!

Now, the only thing to look forward to is their going to the New World!!!
I think we might see more fillers here in Fishman Island though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2012 10:21 PM

Sep 2012
SkyTate said:

Haha loved all the Sanji moments!

Sanji was hilarious this episode xD
"If you can't even protect your captain, then your ambition is useless" - Roronoa Zoro
Oct 20, 2012 11:01 PM

Oct 2008
Pretty boring party tbh. The ending was very interesting though.
Oct 21, 2012 12:19 AM

Jul 2008
Now the fallout begins, and WTF was with the animators and Robin...talk about disproportional...
Oct 21, 2012 1:25 AM

May 2012
animate =/= art

others can say the episode sucked but that is how one piece is, there is always a wrap up episode.

next episode will follow the interesting end though. caribou re-appears along with new characters in the preview.
EltrikOct 21, 2012 1:34 AM
Oct 21, 2012 1:30 AM

Oct 2011
Boring as always, get to PH already. This really needs a filler arc if it's gonna be so draggy. And OP doesn't have many so it's okay...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2012 2:43 AM

Aug 2009
Interesting ending reveal and funny moments with the Straw Hat crew. And dat boobz.

The party was ok. I would have wished Brook would have stormed to the stage and start rocking out with the lady from the first minute, but no.

Next episode: Caribou show's his stupid ass even after being wanted for kidnapping and burglary. I hope they explain why he is still in the island.
Oct 21, 2012 2:45 AM
Mar 2012
As boring as always, God this is such a pain to watch. Imagine one chapter per episode in the punk hasard arc, this is completely horrible
Oct 21, 2012 3:16 AM

Jan 2009
So was Poseidon originally a female in OP then? Anyways, seeing Jimbei decide to join later reminds me of the Alabasta arc, I really hope we get to see what happens with Vivi and Jimbei in regards to being affiliated with the Straw Hats.
IG: @ChrisCrossCrash
"There isn't a single guy who doesn't want to spoil his girl."
--Amagami SS
Oct 21, 2012 4:36 AM

Jun 2011
Jeddy017 said:

You said it, man. Its so much more dull than I'd imagined. When Robin is talking with the King, I noticed her boobs too, goddamn that was freaking huge, boy I wish they'd make it smaller, or else its gonna turn us (not only me right?) off..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 21, 2012 4:38 AM

Mar 2012
I always considered ancient weapons to be technological devices. This was a shocking reveal indeed. But it is still too vague. How could an ability like that be an ancient weapon? It seems more like a powerful akuma no mi. We need more details on this subject.
Oct 21, 2012 4:48 AM
Jun 2012
so the 10th straw hat member will be jimbei. the only question is when he will officially join the crew.

anyway i am glad this arc is ending.
Oct 21, 2012 6:52 AM

Jul 2011
Well, it was quite obvious that the secret weapon, one that could bring the destruction on the earth, had to do in some way with the seas.

And Jimbei has promised that he will join on Luffy's crew later, that's a good news.

And in the next episode finally we will know who is the new Admiral. I can't wait for it!
Oct 21, 2012 10:06 AM

Apr 2009
Pretty surprised by the reveal about Poseidon, I too assumed it would be a technological war machine, not a person. And also surprised Jimbei said yes once he finishes some obligations (wonder what they are? what loose ends does he have?)

And last but not least I wonder if Joy Boy is actually Joy D. Boy...
Oct 21, 2012 10:11 AM

Jun 2012
AhmedHan said:
I always considered ancient weapons to be technological devices. This was a shocking reveal indeed. But it is still too vague. How could an ability like that be an ancient weapon? It seems more like a powerful akuma no mi. We need more details on this subject.

Too vague? neptune pretty much said she is, and controlling the sea kings a "powerful akuma no mi" its much more than that. sea kings are dangerous fuckers xD i dont see what more details there can be on this subject?
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Oct 21, 2012 10:15 AM

Mar 2011
Slow pacing damnit,just end this sh1tty arc.
Oct 21, 2012 10:52 AM

Jan 2012
Meh episode. Good ending tho
Oct 21, 2012 10:59 AM

May 2010
Decent episode. Hoshi-chan is an ancient weapon? I wouldn't expect that one, really.
And I wonder about Jimbei. Will he join Straw Hats team? I kinda can't see him there, I don't know why. I really like him though.
Oct 21, 2012 12:15 PM
Aug 2011
The ancient weapon, poseidon!
5/5
Oct 21, 2012 1:44 PM

Jan 2012
The episode felt like a disney movie,but hey I enjoyed it episodes with them relaxing and partying are cool too
Oct 21, 2012 2:15 PM
Nov 2009
I think it's better for Jimbei to stay on Fishman Island just incase something happens there. Probably why he doesn't want to join the Strawhats yet.

I really liked this episode (fuck the haters) couple of funny moments and Swing jazz music was nice too. Love that Zoro said the same thing as Luffy about the hero thing lol but with Sake instead of Meat xD.

The last part was funny too lol when the Fishman king thought that Robin would hit on him rofl. And now we know that the "Ancient weapons" could also be some kind of unique ability.

Pretty good episode overall 5/5 Can't wait to see what their next destination will be.
Oct 21, 2012 2:37 PM

Apr 2012
Decent episode. Robin is a smart girl.
Oct 21, 2012 6:24 PM

Nov 2008
"Joy Boy"? "One Piece"? Maybe the answer to all of the mysteries is actually back at the gay island...

Actually, I found the "reveal" to be a let-down both in the anime and in the manga. The Sea Kings are big and all that, but consider - everyone uses them for food, even in the party in this episode. So they aren't that big a deal.
Oct 21, 2012 6:35 PM

Oct 2011
dbaranyi said:
"Joy Boy"? "One Piece"? Maybe the answer to all of the mysteries is actually back at the gay island...

Actually, I found the "reveal" to be a let-down both in the anime and in the manga. The Sea Kings are big and all that, but consider - everyone uses them for food, even in the party in this episode. So they aren't that big a deal.

I doubt those are the actual sea kings that everyone is eating.If so,then why is everyone (well,most people) shitting themselves when they see one?
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Oct 21, 2012 9:42 PM

Jan 2010
dbaranyi said:

To be fair, Sea King =/= sea monster.

Also, Poseidon's scary as hell because she's the "queen" of all Sea Kings, meaning that every one of them will potentially do what she says. If every Sea King in the OP world were to form an army, I can guarantee they'd be superior to anything the WG can come up with.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Oct 23, 2012 1:20 AM

Apr 2009
Huh? The power to control the sea kings is the ancient weapon "Poseidon"? I thought it was the Noah in form of a ship, they were vague about the true purpose of Noah though. I was speculating it could be mass transport/evacuation ship like the Biblical Noah's ark only pulled by sea kings to the surface but maybe it's something else entirely.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 23, 2012 8:05 AM
The Priest Esser

Nov 2011
Okay can we just talk about how frickin weird nico robin looked at the end
she had like elf ears and her chest, seriously, it's kinda too much.

Also her laughing at brook was the cutest thing that happened lately
idk why I was here but I'm prob back to playing Dragon's Dogma 2 again when you read this

Oct 23, 2012 8:34 AM
Manga DB Admin
Aug 2012
I coudnt finish a full episode without getting bored since episode 460s (since marine headquarters war started). God soooo much dragging. I wonder why theyre not making fillers, one piece fillers are actually enjoyable. This episodes wasnt very bad compared to the ones before this though.

I liked the start and the end. Didnt expect Shirahoshi to be Poseidon, that was surprising. I like Jimbei but he's not a unique character like the rest of strawhats (and hes not funny), so i wouldnt want him in the crew.

Zoro and Sanji were great this episode. Sanji: "Moo dame-boone!" LOL that was funny.

AhmedHan said:

I was expecting a technological device too, that was surprising. I guess the reason this ability is considered so powerful is that if you try to destroy an island with a powerful akuma no mi, someone may be able to stop you with his own akuma no mi (like how Aokiji stopped Whitebeard). But seakings are almost as big as islands, if 10 of them come from underwate they can destroy islands with ease and nothing can stop them. Its a very badass ability.^^
Oct 24, 2012 8:04 AM
Apr 2011
So question: Am I the only one that noticed the huge plot hole in this episode?

When Brook's finger stabs through the bubble coating, he starts to become weak...yet when Luffy extends his arm through the bubble to make a toast, he's fine and is holding his mug in place.

Someone explain this.
Oct 24, 2012 8:12 AM
Mar 2012
^ simple, it's a filler scene
that's the reason this anime sucks, it can't even follow the manga properly
Oct 24, 2012 1:51 PM

Jul 2009
The ending was a good reminder for me after reading this chapter in the manga ages ago.
Oct 24, 2012 2:18 PM

Oct 2011
Shaduge said:

Well shit it's a long ass anime they can't pay attention to everything <.<
Oct 24, 2012 2:43 PM
Mar 2012
x5exotic said:
Shaduge said:

except when it's one of the most obvious things in one piece, that even the animators' children may know. In water df users grow weak, it was even shown 2 episodes ago against hody. I'm just trying to imagine how the anime staff handled this situation, "we are going to add a scene showing luffy unaffected by the water".
Yeah, it sounds stupid to complain about this but when in every episode there is a small problem then it becomes a serious deal.
plus they are only adapting one chapter per episode, it's not that hard to focus on these simple things
Oct 24, 2012 3:07 PM

Jul 2011
Shaduge said:
x5exotic said:
Shaduge said:

except when it's one of the most obvious things in one piece, that even the animators' children may know. In water df users grow weak, it was even shown 2 episodes ago against hody. I'm just trying to imagine how the anime staff handled this situation, "we are going to add a scene showing luffy unaffected by the water".
Yeah, it sounds stupid to complain about this but when in every episode there is a small problem then it becomes a serious deal.
plus they are only adapting one chapter per episode, it's not that hard to focus on these simple things

All adaptations have flaws here and there, just live with it.
Oct 26, 2012 2:20 PM

May 2012
Jetman2021 said:
So question: Am I the only one that noticed the huge plot hole in this episode?

When Brook's finger stabs through the bubble coating, he starts to become weak...yet when Luffy extends his arm through the bubble to make a toast, he's fine and is holding his mug in place.

Someone explain this.

luffy is stronger/brook is doing it for comedic effect

you saw luffy fight hody and extend his arms underwater unless you skipped all that

brook is also bone with no muscle or skin

lol
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Toei suck big time!

Reckless_weeb - Yesterday

20 by Early_Morning »»
58 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 622 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Wind_Sr - Nov 23, 2013

61 by gannoncannon55 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 621 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Wind_Sr - Nov 16, 2013

54 by gannoncannon55 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 620 Discussion ( 1 2 )

iNeon - Nov 9, 2013

77 by gannoncannon55 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 619 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Wind_Sr - Nov 2, 2013

82 by gannoncannon55 »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.