Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2008 11:12 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haha, she's so stylish. I already want a second season.

Episode was pretty good. Watching Ryoko never gets boring.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 27, 2008 11:32 AM

Jan 2007
i find it funny how they can't stop her with lots of guards, a tank, and a helicopter that shots missiles. I know she's been in other crazy ass situations like with the huge animals, but something about this I just find funny.
Sep 27, 2008 1:41 PM
Dec 2007
This episode was absurdly good honestly. Direction was fantastic, as was the script, and Ryoko was SO classy and cool, it's totally out of this world. She's slowly joining Lafiel, Kusanagi and co in my top5 of the best female characters ever.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 27, 2008 2:43 PM

Aug 2008
I've yet to be impressed since like episode two...I just don't understand how with so much going for it, it just coasts.
Sep 27, 2008 2:59 PM

Nov 2007
This episode was absurdly absurd. I mean, she eludes a fully trained private police force, all on her own, in miniskirt and high heels (for no apparent reason, it seems), then she stops for a shower and a change of clothes.
But I don't care, Oryo-sama has got style so I can forgive all of the blatant plot-holes. I lol'ed when she left the shoes with the broken heel and her credit card.
Sep 28, 2008 3:40 AM
Sep 2008
That izumida is something else he got up from a pipe to the back in no time....
Sep 28, 2008 9:51 AM

Dec 2007
I spent most of the time thinking how can she run around like that with those shoes and nails... but then she puts on that red dress and I had to smile XD

Sep 28, 2008 11:39 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
a devil of a woman....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 28, 2008 11:48 AM

Nov 2007
she's the role model of all women. never without her heels and lip stick.
Sep 28, 2008 12:48 PM

Apr 2007
Oryo is the best! she endured all kinds of mechanical attack...wtf amazing, I love her even more especially that wink at the end. <3333
Sep 28, 2008 1:30 PM

May 2008
An episode that started off terrible with that lame mud zombie thing, but got better in a hurry. Totally absurd, sure, but this is Ryoko we're talking about. She's the queen of being stylish and awesome. Plus it was nice they actually mentioned some of the stuff from the previous episodes instead of just going off in a completely new direction again.
Sep 28, 2008 4:48 PM
May 2008
I had to lol at the fact that it seemed she took more damage from having a broken heel, then being shot at by a tank and an attack helicopter.

This episode was like over 9000 or something.
Sep 28, 2008 6:56 PM

Oct 2007
Ryoko's amazing, simply put. Sad there's only one episode left.

Sep 28, 2008 8:14 PM

Sep 2008
"I can stop a tank with a wink of an eye" lol
Sep 28, 2008 10:18 PM

Jan 2008
Gee, The entire Anti-terrorist squad is composed of poor marksmen. All that equipment and they can't stop one broad.
Sep 29, 2008 4:19 AM

May 2008
Great episode. Some questions were answered. And some answers raised new questions (like a good answer should be).

I wasn't really into the first half of this show's story due it's episodic nature. But the second half of the the series more then makes up for that. And Ryoko is more then enuff to make this show interesting anyways :-)

Monami's future husband (yeah right, don't think that will happen) : "Mistress Monami, like Yakushiji Ryoko, had the ability to summon things not from this world."

Nice!

"Krijg toch allemaal de klere. Val van mijn part allemaal dood."
Sep 29, 2008 12:00 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
cyruz said:
Me too!

Maharet said:
I spent most of the time thinking how can she run around like that with those shoes and nails... but then she puts on that red dress and I had to smile XD
Same :D If she didn't run around in that skirt, I would have wondered... And most of it really is a show.

I like how everything got her down, and then just a call from Izumida had her back up on her feet. She really only changed for him :) I wish she would have straight out said "That's my line" at the end.

Hope we get a decent kiss at the end of next ep!

hollowxxxx said:
Haha, agreed.
Sep 29, 2008 7:18 PM

Jun 2007
I found it funny how she had time to take a shower and put on makeup and new clothes in the middle of a hot pursuit. This show just keeps getting more ridiculous with each episode.
Oct 1, 2008 9:13 AM

Apr 2008
She's the classier character ever. I mean, you've got to love her when she escapes tanks, helicopters and such in miniskirt and high-heels and then thinks she can stop for a change of clothes x)
Oct 2, 2008 6:28 PM

Oct 2007
shes going out in style dammit... and looking sexy as well... nothing can stop ryoko not even a nuke.. lol ;P
Dec 10, 2009 10:18 AM

Sep 2009
Serena said:
She's the classier character ever. I mean, you've got to love her when she escapes tanks, helicopters and such in miniskirt and high-heels and then thinks she can stop for a change of clothes x)

I totally agree with you.
Ryoko is an amazingly unique character, one of my faves without doubt.
cyruz said:

Episode was pretty good. Watching Ryoko never gets boring.

Me too.
Apr 1, 2010 11:18 AM

Sep 2008
Okay... I thought it was a great episode, don't get me wrong. The action was entertaining, but the intrigue isn't really there anymore for me. DX Personal opinion though. Everything just seemed to get a little ridiculous. She ran into some hole in the ground... They all saw her... And none of them went after her? Um, okay. I got the impression they were trying to catch and kill her...

And she had time to change clothes - and she was running around in heels and a skirt. o_O When she was kicking guys down, I actually did think, wouldn't your black suit have been better? And combat boots or something? Anyway, she is stylish. Very womanly and very classy. But it was ridiculous that NOTHING seemed to actually hit her - things just blew up around her and the force of air or whatever knocked her around. You'd think she would have gotten away with more than just a scratched/barely injured arm... She was practically unscathed though.

Meh. I guess it is what it is: Action entertainment with a stylish flair. I'll just sit back and enjoy and not worry about the trivialities, I suppose. XD
Jul 21, 2012 3:42 PM

Nov 2011
You know you're a badass when you show no fear when a tank aims @ your head.
Jan 1, 2014 5:46 AM

May 2011
I'll stop a tank with the wink of an eye." Great episode.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Mar 12, 2014 3:06 AM

Aug 2013
After getting shot at by elite soldiers and evading missiles, when she said she'll stop a tank with a wink of an eye I actually believe her. Ryoko takes on an army but still has time to shower. Badass.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 9, 2018 11:27 AM

Jan 2013
4444holic said:

This is my fav quote now
Feb 20, 2021 6:21 PM
Dec 2019
I mean I would've been more OK with her escaping harm from a tank and a helicopter IF she wasn't dressing to go to a ball while doing it, but this anime just refuses to let go of her sex appeal.

Also why doesn't she call in in JACE to help her? And her maids?

However, what I really liked about this episode were the two moments that showed that her rude behavior was a front to cover up how much she cared. She just can't let anyone see that soft part of her. In this episode, she's finally in a situation where she feels helpless (ironically, there's the least justification for this compared to all the other times she came out on top because she didn't have any plan this time) bu she still has to look her best in front of everyone. Cliche, yeah, (it's the typical Batman treatment) but I think it's well executed in this case.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ryoko's Case File Episode 13 Discussion

Faust721 - Oct 4, 2008

38 by Destroyer31 »»
Sep 26, 2023 1:21 AM

Poll: » Ryoko's Case File Episode 1 Discussion

Absolutely_Steve - Jul 12, 2008

31 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:00 PM

Poll: » Ryoko's Case File Episode 8 Discussion

Absolutely_Steve - Aug 31, 2008

20 by Recynon »»
Feb 20, 2021 12:40 PM

Poll: » Ryoko's Case File Episode 5 Discussion

cyruz - Aug 9, 2008

22 by Recynon »»
Feb 19, 2021 6:32 PM

Poll: » Ryoko's Case File Episode 4 Discussion

Absolutely_Steve - Aug 2, 2008

19 by Recynon »»
Feb 19, 2021 5:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.