Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 7, 2:58 AM

Jan 2008
They're a good source of protein. Usually crunchy on the outside and juicy on the inside. I enjoy eating them from time to time. I've eaten grasshoppers, spiders, pill bugs, termites, beetles, earwigs, and centipedes. The non poisonous centipedes lol.

What sorts of bugs have you had?

Edit: Would you watch an anime about eating bugs?
ZakuF_Jul 7, 7:17 AM
Jul 7, 3:00 AM

May 2024
Wrong forum...

We all technically swallow bugs during sleep, idk if that counts tho. I've never gone out of my way to eat bugs, probably cuz I got entomophobia.
Jul 7, 3:07 AM

Dec 2021
Like the last one, this one will probably never get moved.

I did eat one of my fish's cubes of freeze-dried tubifex worms, in the last minutes of environment day (Because you WILL eat ze bugs!), and honestly it didn't taste too bad. Kinda tasted like sunflower seed, but without the hully texture associated with them. 4/10, it's not revolting.
Daviljoe193Jul 7, 3:11 AM
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
Jul 7, 3:14 AM

Sep 2016
Most certainly I have eaten some tiny bugs that where hidden in certain food, but never ate any deliberately so far.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jul 7, 3:16 AM

Sep 2018
Huhu grubs as a kid, also got a packet of honey roasted crickets as a secret santa one year lol (they were not too bad)
Jul 7, 4:39 AM

May 2019
A normal human unknowingly swallows an average of four live spiders in their sleep each year.
Jul 7, 4:43 AM

Mar 2008
I told myself I never would so I chose to do it to see if I can make myself do something. Ate a dried mealworm and it actually tastes like a seed, not bad, might even be good with right seasoning.
Jul 7, 4:54 AM

Jul 2023
No, ewww. Just thinking make me disgusted

Jul 7, 5:10 AM

Sep 2008
Reply to tchitchouan
A normal human unknowingly swallows an average of four live spiders in their sleep each year.
@tchitchouan *per day. spiders are cool though.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Jul 7, 5:16 AM

May 2019
Reply to nyugvo6
@nyugvo6 oh my mistakes, thank you for the correction.
Jul 7, 5:20 AM

Jan 2008
Reply to nyugvo6
@nyugvo6 How are there even that many spiders in a persons bedroom at a time every single day? I gotta call bs.
Jul 7, 5:54 AM

Sep 2008
Reply to tchitchouan
@nyugvo6 oh my mistakes, thank you for the correction.
@tchitchouan
@ZakuF_
it was a joke, referencing an old webcomic.
open at your own risk.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Jul 7, 6:02 AM

Feb 2022
Crickets fried and snails boiled with salt with vinegar pero~
Jul 7, 6:09 AM

Mar 2023
Sure i have, absolutely delicious.

Jul 7, 6:20 AM

Feb 2023
Reply to tchitchouan
@tchitchouan I think I've heard that this is a myth?

Source: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/fact-or-fiction-people-swallow-8-spiders-a-year-while-they-sleep1/
Jul 7, 6:36 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014

I've eaten crickets before and it kinda tasted like shrimps.

Not bad :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jul 7, 6:41 AM

Feb 2021
I don't recommend to eat them.

Offtopic, write in another thread, @ZakuF_
Jul 7, 6:53 AM

Jun 2019
I've only had silkworms, back in 2014, but would very much like to try various different ones including sago palm weevil larva, ant eggs like escamol in Mexico, termites, etc. But haven't had the opportunity because it's an availability issue.

Not just insects, but I try to and am always interested in trying every meat which is new and different to me in general, and as many different foods and drinks as possible. I don't have any known food allergies. So as long as it's physically edible and not poison, typically there is nothing to lose and the worst that can happen is having a bad taste in the mouth for a few seconds, to which I say, "Who cares?" Big deal.

This belongs in the Casual Discussion sub-forum, however.
Jul 7, 6:57 AM

May 2021
I probably ate some while sleeping so I would never know.
Jul 15, 2:27 PM

Jan 2018
bugs bunny burger tasted good. a certain bear said that continuous bugs bunny consumption would lead so a certain deficiency.
Jul 15, 2:35 PM

Sep 2014
Mostly tenebrio. I would eat it more often if it was cheaper.

I'm surprised not a lot of people know about that. I doubt it's a cultural thing as there isn't a lot of people who eat this in Quebec, but it's still fairly well known.

https://landish.ca/products/tenebrio-molitor
Jul 15, 2:42 PM

Aug 2017
Yes. I was fooled. I was offered worm looking candy, except when I put one in my mouth, it was revealed to be real fu***ng worm.
Jul 15, 3:05 PM
Jul 2018
Nope, but I would try them, so long as I didn't know that it was what I was trying.
Jul 15, 3:22 PM

Oct 2013
I hear that insects are the future of food. If that's the case, I guess I'll be starving in the future. Unless they can find away to make it indistinguishable from normal meat.
ZakuF_ said:
Would you watch an anime about eating bugs?

Again, no.
Jul 15, 3:32 PM

Jun 2019
Only silkworms.

There are many others I'd like to try, but haven't yet had the opportunity. Not just insects - I'll try any meat and indeed anything whatsoever as long as it's physically edible and not poisonous. That doesn't at all mean that I'm guaranteed to love or even like it, but there is no downside to trying other than an extremely temporary and fleeting potential unpleasant taste, which...who cares?
Jul 15, 3:34 PM

Apr 2012
No, but I'm not averse to the concept, the opportunity (to eat some which have been nicely cooked) just hasn't arisen.
logopolisJul 15, 3:52 PM
Jul 15, 3:48 PM
Sep 2018
No but .. why do you ask? Now I’m curious 😅
Jul 15, 4:03 PM
Nov 2017
Me and a buddy of mine once chased vodka with a giant moth each that we caught at night. Weirdly enough, they tasted kinda sweet and nutty. And an interesting texture.

Not sure if id do it sober though, unless it was grilled up chinese style like some grasshoppers or whatever
Jul 15, 6:29 PM

Feb 2020
"Have you ever eaten bugs?"

No, I haven't.
Jul 15, 7:03 PM

Nov 2013
Yes. Many are an excellent source of protein!
Jul 15, 7:09 PM

Apr 2008
Growing up one of my Korean friends bought in flavored crickets to school and gave me some, they weren't bad.
Aug 16, 9:35 PM
Aug 2024
Oh, the bug-eating conversation! Honestly, I’ve never had the pleasure—or horror—of munching on bugs. The closest I've gotten is probably accidentally inhaling a gnat while talking too enthusiastically. Not exactly a culinary experience! But hey, if they start serving up crickets with a side of garlic butter, who knows? Maybe I’ll give it a try. Though, if I ever do end up eating a worm, I might need a moment to reflect on its spiritual symbolism.

I mean, worms are all about transformation, right? They’re like nature’s little recyclers, turning decay into rich soil—kind of poetic when you think about it. But imagine sitting there with a plate of sautéed worms, trying to convince yourself that you're not just eating something squishy, but embracing a journey of spiritual renewal. As the irony sets in, you realize that maybe, just maybe, you’re digesting life’s challenges—literally.

Still, I think I’ll stick to more traditional snacks for now. I’m not quite ready to start my spiritual transformation via sautéed worms just yet!
Aug 16, 9:48 PM
May 2012
I'm vegetarian and unfortunately I've been interested in this much more than I should have been.
Foods in general contain a small percentage of insects and "foreign" elements, especially in fruit and vegetables. Typically in meat, the foreign element is animal feces, but a small percentage is considered harmless, especially following the boiling and freezing regulations. For example, in fish, many types of parasites are present. In meat, people often literally eat animal tumors. There are vegans or fruitarians who do not even eat fruit with "the hole" because it indicates that the the fruit has been visited by an insect who laid eggs, typically the fruit fly but there are hundreds, and in organic food, this happens much more often than in traditional food with the massive use of pesticides.
When you drink wine you drink 1% of wasps and spiders and the list go on and on for everything.
So, even vegans eat insects a lot, unknowingly, unwillingly.
If the question is about willingly eating insects, no I never did it and I will never do it.
The insect flours that the European Union has recently authorized and introduced are simply a new ingredient that I must avoid by reading the labels.
Aug 16, 10:41 PM

Jul 2024
No but if you wanna see a cool anime about eliminating evil bugs watch mushibugyo and Mushi-Uta
RainyEveningsAug 17, 8:15 PM
Aug 16, 11:06 PM

May 2018
yes chocolate covered crickets! wasn't bad actually. I also tried scorpion when I was in thailand... that was interesting, but also not too bad.
can't yuck my yum

Aug 17, 1:24 PM
Jul 2024
Only by accident. But now I'm curious. LOL
Aug 17, 1:38 PM

Jul 2021
Not intentionally... I once drank a bug, it climbed into my tea I was drinking in the dark. It was so disgusting.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Aug 17, 1:44 PM

Jan 2021
I've never eaten a land bug, but this video by much beloved and memed YouTuber Adam Ragusea explains the similarities between Insects and Crustaceans.

Sometimes it takes a real man to be best girl. Gilgamesh is also chad.

[/center]

More topics from this board

» 🎃 AD Summer 2024 Best Girl Contest ( 1 2 3 4 )

Shizuna - Oct 1

157 by Suryaaps »»
4 minutes ago

» Have you ever struggled to rate a show?

Jackson1333 - Sep 24

29 by DarkShame2 »»
44 minutes ago

» why is it widely accepted that slanting a chinese character's eyes is racist but anime does it all the time? ( 1 2 )

karo86 - Yesterday

62 by Flazzard »»
47 minutes ago

» How well do you remember when you watched a certain anime?

thewiru - Yesterday

17 by DarkShame2 »»
53 minutes ago

» If we kill all our enemy waifus on the other side of the ocean, we'll we finally be free?

Catalano - 4 hours ago

10 by MechKingKillbot »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.