Forum Settings
Forums

Do you think Anime haters are just as bad/or worse than the bad part of the anime community?

New
Jun 28, 3:16 AM
May 2024
Since lots of Anime haters tend to be hostile to anime fans that don't want to deal with them and do stuff that a no life troglodyte would do. Do you think they're just as bad as the bad part of the anime community or even worse?
Jun 28, 3:20 AM

Aug 2012
Hmm... First off, the anime community as a whole isn't bad. There are some fringe groups that are bad (such as fans of specific genres). Personally, I find anime haters to be a terrible (but not the worst) part of the community due to them bashing other people's preferences. Criticising interests that can be borderline illegal is understandable, but the fandom in general? No, just no.
Jun 28, 3:27 AM

Jun 2024
There are really weird anime fans out there, but I've never encountered an actual anime hater, they're usually just trolling or baiting people. If someone genuinely hates anime, then I don't know what to say.
Jun 28, 3:30 AM

Apr 2012
I think hardcore fans and hardcore haters deserve each other. Because both sides are often very irrational, toxic and intolerant of different opinions. I wouldn't be surprised if most people here have been the target of both show haters and fanboys at least once.
Jun 28, 3:35 AM

Jan 2021
Most anime haters tend to use the same talking as bad parts of the anime community, blah blah pedophillia, blah blah sexualization etc...

The only real diffrence as that the anime hater accuse all anime and anime fans of such stuff while the bad anime fans says stuff like "you see X is the reason why people think anime/anime fans are weird."

So they are about the same for me, ofc that's in reference to one's that aren't outright criminals.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
Jun 28, 3:35 AM

Jun 2016
Anime fans also behave like kids so that's going to be a tie.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jun 28, 3:36 AM

Aug 2017
It probably depends on where they are coming from. Often times, people just hate things because they don't understand it.

If they have a good reason to hate anime, then I suppose its no different than people being religious.
Jun 28, 3:46 AM

Dec 2015
I don't think so, I used to hang out with those haters whom often know few titles and liked them alot [ex. DB, Bleach, Naurto, Yu Gi Oh etc.], these types of people who likes to fight with someone will always find a reason for that, for them it doesn't matter if you're an anime fan, if you're straigth or not, if you have long or short hair, if you have painted nails, they'll always find an excuse to provoke or start throwing punches.
For some people it is unthinkable, for me it is just typical rural areas where I grew up.

I wouldn't say their as bad as the bad members of anime community, mainly because I've got to know some of them who acts like that and they have their own rules, while bad part of internet communities most of them are just yapping just to yap and insult/slur it doesn't matter if it's anime/gaming/whatever community. It is simply internet.

[I am excluding here those who hate anime for a certain reason, as example I've met few people who dislike anime and cartoons because the drawn and animated stuff doesn't appeal to them, tho they respect and not offend these who like anime.]

@Zarutaku
Take a walk with anime shirt, in the night in the small towns of Lower Silesia/Silesia/Western Pomerania/Greater Poland/Masovia [Whole Poland] or not friendly district of big cities like Poznań Jeżyce/Łazarz/Dębiec or Warszawa Praga Północ/Mokotów [Not sure about Warsaw's districts]
You'll find those "haters" very quickly.
ZettaikenJun 28, 3:51 AM
Jun 28, 3:47 AM

Sep 2016
Where are these anime hater you're talking about and where are they hostile to anime fans?
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jun 28, 3:51 AM
May 2024
Reply to Zarutaku
Where are these anime hater you're talking about and where are they hostile to anime fans?
@Zarutaku I was on a GTA discord server and this c... shitted on me for having an anime pic
Yeah he was probably a fat troglodyte in his mother's basement
Jun 28, 3:52 AM

Feb 2020
Anime haters are a little bit worse imo.
Jun 28, 3:53 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to Tsubaki5386
@Zarutaku I was on a GTA discord server and this c... shitted on me for having an anime pic
Yeah he was probably a fat troglodyte in his mother's basement
@Tsubaki5386 It seems you are confusing trolls with haters.
Jun 28, 3:53 AM

May 2018
The term "hater" nowadays is as broken, nonsensical and overplayed as "elitist".
Do people differentiate between a person who has pleasure hating on various stuff (especially popular stuff) and a person who genuinely dislikes certain show?
Jun 28, 3:58 AM

Sep 2016
Zettaiken said:
@Zarutaku
Take a walk with anime shirt, in the night in the small towns of Lower Silesia/Silesia/Western Pomerania/Greater Poland/Masovia [Whole Poland] or not friendly district of big cities like Poznań Jeżyce/Łazarz/Dębiec or Warszawa Praga Północ/Mokotów [Not sure about Warsaw's districts]

I don't know, but it sounds like you are confusing drunken ruffians with haters? Perhaps I'm wrong.
Jun 28, 4:11 AM

Dec 2015
Reply to Zarutaku
Zettaiken said:
@Zarutaku

I don't know, but it sounds like you are confusing drunken ruffians with haters? Perhaps I'm wrong.
@Zarutaku

Nah, I mentioned it above it as I mean there people who likes to fight, with drunks it is way easier to avoid a physical conflict.
Jun 28, 4:19 AM

Mar 2023
Hatedoms can be just as cringy as the fandoms.
Jun 28, 4:52 AM

Nov 2019
I think anime haters are a necessary evil. They're probably a bit more favorable compared to the bad parts of the anime community (if we're talking about toxic fandoms)
Jun 28, 5:02 AM

May 2024
I don't mind haters, what annoys me are those who slander anime without even knowing the first thing about it, or those whose only experience with the medium is with generic shonen. Like if you're gonna hate at least learn more about anime before forming a generalizing opinion. It literally involves less effort than brainlessly slandering sth online.
Jun 28, 8:46 AM

Jan 2010
There will always be haters and extreme fans, one is not better then other. What I'm concerned about anime haters is that they can evolved into anti-Asian racism, or what if anime and manga faced a moral backlash from right-wingers like this for example, and also something like this. What if an anime hater who is pro-choice saw this and just suddenly went "you know what, if they hate anime like I do, then I'm willing to be pro-life and anti-abortion, anyone that hate anime I'm willing to change my political view. If they say that Nazis are not evil, then I don't mind saying it and denounce my great-grandfather who is a WWII veteran".

That's what I'm scared of.
Jun 28, 8:57 AM

Jul 2013
Anime haters are always worse than anime fans. There is no exception to that rule.
Yesterday, 10:00 AM

Oct 2017
Considering how immature the online fandom is it's hard to tell tbh as people will defensively argue that people they don't agree with are just haters regardless of the arguments at play.
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Yesterday, 10:05 AM

Oct 2017
Considering how immature the online fandom is it's hard to tell tbh as people will defensively argue that people they don't agree with are just haters regardless of the arguments at play.
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Yesterday, 10:07 AM

Apr 2020
i prefer anime hater over the very common loli enthusiasts. these people are the gutter of society.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Yesterday, 10:14 AM

Apr 2015
The haters are the worst, especially the ones who do end up watching anime eventually, but only the popular stuff so that they look cool, then shit talk the people who were watching anime way before they ever did, and talk down to them while only having experience with said popular shows. Lots of them have flooded this site recently, sadly.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Yesterday, 12:16 PM

Aug 2017
What bad part of the Anime community are you talking about?

If you talking about people who harass others for moral things: "you like this, you're a pedophile/rapist/sexist", "I want this Anime/genre/character cancelled since it shows things I don't like", supports censorship due moral reasons, this includes people who send death/arson threats, anti-japanese users. Also known as "tourists". In fact, such people could be called Anime haters. They are NOT part of the Anime community in the first place since many they are -rightfully- gatekeep from it in the first place.

Leaving aside such people who were never part of the community in the first place, the Anime community isn't that bad even if I don't like it so much in general, I prefer it over other communities.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.

More topics from this board

» Why do people think Fate is impossible to get into?

Psychku - 7 minutes ago

4 by Serafos »»
39 seconds ago

» Series that depict or reference the use of marijuana/weed?

oliveoyl2 - Mar 1

5 by Dockered »»
8 minutes ago

» Anime in which the dub rescore music is better?

funtime43_tr - 2 hours ago

6 by MinakoBestGirl »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » Localization, Name Changes, and Worplay

LSSJ_Gaming - Jun 27

20 by Lucifrost »»
20 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7260 by CarolinaVitor »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.