Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 1:29 AM

Nov 2011
Lol, so this how this show protrays its "horror" themes. And unfortunately, Futaba is afraid of ghosts. I think they overexaggerated but it's the first time we've seen Futaba being so afraid. Shion even teases her for it.

Not a fan of that Hoshifuru guy...they tried to make him appealing but I find his character borderline annoying. As usual, Taiyo had to do some crazy spy shit like disarming bombs, escaping traps, etc. He's improving everyday though.
Jun 16, 1:30 AM

Dec 2021
Poor Futaba lol.

Futaba, the eldest and usually most reliable daughter of the Yozakura family, faints when she sees a ghost in one of Shion's games. Despite her strong persona, she is very scared of ghosts and curses. She gets frightened by the sound of the wind, the creaking ceiling, and even Kengo's pranks. Normally, she would be back to herself after a day, but this time, she clings to Mutsumi and won't let go. There are also rumors of strange noises in the Yozakura mansion. Taiyo and the siblings need to take care of the scared Futaba.

Later, while taking the exam to get his Spy License, Taiyo encounters Tsukiyo Hoshifuru. Just as another applicant is about to attack Taiyo, Tsukiyo steps in, using his fan to slice the man's knife along with his right sleeve. Tsukiyo then introduces himself to Taiyo, tasting his sweat as he does. Finding Tsukiyo suspicious, Taiyo pulls out Yae on him, but Mutsumi quickly explains who Tsukiyo is.

Finally Taiyo's an official spy.

Jun 16, 2:47 AM
Sep 2015
Tsukiyo Hoshifuru is the character that represents my desire in this anime.
Jun 16, 2:50 AM

Feb 2019
Another really cozy and fun episode! Futaba being afraid of scary things is so real and I can relate. Mutsumi and Taiyo reading her a nighttime story was cute as heck, but I couldn’t take that big ass book seriously 💀 no wonder mutsumi falling asleep reading that giant tome.

Bronze license exam in the second half was great too. Proud of my boy Taiyo for officially earning his stripes and becoming a full blown spy, one step closer to being a worthy husband of the family head. Bro better be careful though, he’s got guys hitting on him now too 😂 Tsukiyio asking him if he could lick his skin was so damn out of left field lmao.

And ofc it wouldn’t be a Yozakura episode if Kiyoichiro wasn’t up to no good. Turns out it was him behind the Futaba frights. With all those broken bones I don’t think he’ll be scaring anyone but an X ray technician soon lmao.
Marinate1016Jun 16, 3:22 AM
Jun 16, 2:56 AM

Sep 2009
I remember the exam being longer but I may be thinking of the Silver exam I'm thinking of. Grandman and grandpa next episode.
Jun 16, 3:11 AM

Mar 2021
Congratulations Taiyo on gaining your spy license. Poor Futaba though being scared like that she deserves all the hugs.
Jun 16, 3:14 AM
Jun 2012
Reply to komic
I remember the exam being longer but I may be thinking of the Silver exam I'm thinking of. Grandman and grandpa next episode.
@komic yeah that one was longer than this exam which was only one chapter. Tsukiyo really was enjoyable at least in anime form.
Jun 16, 3:42 AM

Jul 2017
While Futuba trains Taiyo as usual, Mutsumi digs up some old photos of everyone being commemorated for earning their spy licenses, though this is all foreign to said boy.

The Spy License, issued by the Spy Association is a ranking license test that Taiyo is willing to take, though seeing Futaba be scared at scary things, as is Shion having her game glitched out, and strange ghastly occurrences that has the entire family all alert about Futaba shutting down the moment she feels an apparition, it's part-and-parcel of one of the family's comedy shticks of seeing her be so vulnerable. The big-ass book as a storybook session to relieve her, it's nice to get to see a side of Futaba that we don't see.

Back to the spy license exam, Taiyo is working hard, though him getting hit on by No.1 spy playboy Tsukiro Hoshifuru, Mutsumi finds herself being jealous of him being so obsessed over Taiyo. At the same time, his bounty still remains whilst in testing, and even the venue itself is still a test ground through certification as they run to get their licenses. Hoshifuru saving Taiyo out of trouble, to only have the latter save the former, who is a Silver-ranked examiner who tested him...he may have passed the exam, but his obsession is just as funny as it comes.

Oh well, the culprit of Kyoichiro scaring Futaba, he got his just desserts, and Taiyo's commemoration will be an interesting one to remember.

Congratulations Taiyo, you've earned yourself a license...and an obsessed admirer xD
Jun 16, 4:21 AM

Jun 2023
Taiyo’s charisma is just so high, whether he likes it or not.

I’d say that’s good to have as a spy
Jun 16, 4:26 AM

Jul 2017
This was such a brief exam but hey, Taiyo showed the skills and endurance he built from training at the Yozakura household, alongside still maintaining his humanity with helping others in dangerous times and not just sacrificing other spies like in this case to get results. Given his improvements training in such an extreme environment with having to deal with traps for even the most mundane things like opening a fridge for example, makes sense that he did really well here and obtained his spy license. Futaba was nice in this episode too.
Jun 16, 5:07 AM

Feb 2021
Hahaha that's really a funny one to see He's the one who prank Her XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 16, 5:16 AM

Dec 2015
Futaba's greatest weakness: ghosts. Considering Ran from Detective Conan is the same way I can understand the logic behind it. They are only scary to them because they can't punch them. Luckily she can punch Kyoichiro for being behind all the creepy things going on in the house. Kengo almost got those hands, too.

The exam felt kind Hunter X Hunter-esque. I can see that Tsukiro guy and his stalker turned stalker maid Ayaka making a fan club for Taiyou. Dude even had a phone strap. Wonder if deep down Mutsumi wanted one.
Jun 16, 8:09 AM
Apr 2024
Oh, Taiyo has earned his Spy License! Congratulations!

It was funny to watch elder sister Futaba so scared when she's usually so composed. We get to know her more this week.

Great episode!
Jun 16, 8:26 AM
Sep 2021
Taiyo passed the spy exam & started with the lowest bronze tier & excited to find out how he will progress from here.
Jun 16, 8:29 AM

Nov 2016
Ironic that humanity out of all traits made Taiyou pass a spy exam. Even if I was expecting an entire arc for the bronze license alone, it was wrapped up nicely in only half an episode and there are most definitely more exams to come so it wouldn't be smart to shoot ones bolt here. I like Hoshifuro and of course him being in love wasn't played.

The Futaba segment was neat too.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 16, 8:39 AM

Nov 2021
FMmatron said:
Ironic that humanity out of all traits made Taiyou pass a spy exam. Even if I was expecting an entire arc for the bronze license alone, it was wrapped up nicely in only half an episode and there are most definitely more exams to come so it wouldn't be smart to shoot ones bolt here. I like Hoshifuro and of course him being in love wasn't played.

The Futaba segment was neat too.

I'm glad they didn't take more than an ep for the license.When they mentioned it, I thought it'll be shown in the later eps but good to see they did it in this only.
Jun 16, 11:54 AM

May 2021
chill, funny and entertaining, like most eps. good decision to not bore?!? us with a whole exam arc. gramps next ep!
smug asf
Jun 16, 12:48 PM

Jul 2022
Futaba looked so cute, scared of her fear of ghosts. Taiyou managed to pass his spy exam and also ended up charming a spy, so he came out winning in every way in this episode. Good for him!

Jun 16, 12:55 PM
Oct 2022
Never thought Futaba is scared of ghosts. She is one of the Yozakura’s pillar with awesome spy skills.

Taiyo got his license spy. He deserved it, because he passed all the subjects with flying colours. Tsukiyo Hoshifuru put him through many tests, excepting that love feelings :))

I could not believe Kyoichirou was trying to scare Futaba. Sometimes he is a jerk, but also funny. Momotaro without Honor and Humanity was a fascinating story and in Spy Association humanity is promoted among future spies.
Jun 16, 5:23 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi passes the spy exam gains bronze level and a male crush
Jun 16, 5:34 PM
Mar 2024
I’ve a feeling the anime is skipping a lot of the events in the manga
Jun 17, 1:14 AM
Apr 2024
TAYO IS A GOD, who even makes men fall in love with his character lol, the scene with his wife rooting for him was cool lol how cute
Jun 17, 1:14 AM
Feb 2023
Ricegod1979 said:
I’ve a feeling the anime is skipping a lot of the events in the manga

They're not really skipping just rearranging chapters to better fit the narrative. Alot of the sol chapters can stand on their own so they taking an opportunity to mesh them together which has been pretty good. Plus they even extended this episode with anime original content
Jun 17, 9:28 AM
Feb 2021
I tried to read the manga before and Felt like nothing, These early anime episodes are just like that, Waiting to the Turning point of this series to see if the hype is even there.
Jun 17, 10:45 AM

May 2019
We got to see a vulnerable side from Futaba as ghosts and paranormal stuff terrifies her and at the end elder brother Kyoichiro was found to have caused the odd sounds throughout the house.

Meanwhile Taiyo took the bronze spy exam and ended up passing on his first try. Seeing Mutsumi cheering for him was wholesome and so was the scene at the end where she was smiling as she put away the photo album with the new family pic with Taiyo.
Jun 19, 7:34 PM
Oct 2019
Momotaro spy version LMAO

AYOOO Jun Fukuyama voicing a Gay character.

Our boy Taiyou did it, he got the bronze spy license.
Jun 22, 12:01 AM

Apr 2012
That is, the MC is neutral when he sees lesbian or near-lesbian affection, but instantly calls someone a pervert and points a gun when he sees gay affection? Lol, ok. Anyway, this is probably the gayest battle shonen I've ever seen. Well, at least officially.

@davidyodo24 He is canonically pansexual.

Jun 23, 10:22 PM
Mar 2019
Taiyo has a new fan...congratulations. Oh yeah, that spy exam was cool too.
11 hours ago
Apr 2021
I was so happy when I realized that this was the epsiode where Futaba was scared shitless bc of ghosts and whatnot it’s one of my FAVOURITE moments of Futaba she’s just so cute and adorable being all scared when she’s literally the strongest person in her whole family hahaha I love her so much she’s such a sweetheart🤍🥰🥺

I was sadden but then the post credit scene made me happy bc this was the definitive moment I’ve been waiting for to see in the anime, in the manga I was laughing when it was revealed that it was Kyoichiro making the house seem “haunted”😭😭🤣

The family photo at the end really hit my heart I really love this show and this family man🥹

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23

24 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
10 hours ago

» New PV and KV

ARK-13 - Jun 24

5 by MaroMangas623 »»
Jun 24, 10:44 PM

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 14

60 by Magicmist »»
Jun 24, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9

27 by metatron13 »»
Jun 23, 9:08 PM

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26

27 by CeciliaAda »»
Jun 23, 5:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.