Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
WIND BREAKER
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 23, 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
The amount of characterization Togami is getting is amazing. Not only does it explore his change and role in the show, we get to see why he's fighting.

Sakura vs Togami has been more one of the better fights this season imo. Choji and Sakura also broke their usual characters by showing more of their crazy side. What an episode, they really capture key moments in ths episode imo.
May 23, 11:28 AM
Oct 2013
Excited to see Ume vs Choji.
May 23, 11:32 AM
Apr 2024
Mind blowing..... if this keeps up then it will be lot harder to wait for 7 days to come new episode...
May 23, 11:37 AM
Sep 2015
The cringe factor exceeds my limit in this episode. Which is such a shame because the animators are giving 120% on this work while the director/screenwriter/manga author or whoever response for cringey dialogues give less than 20%.
May 23, 11:46 AM
Oct 2017
Reply to phantomfandom
The cringe factor exceeds my limit in this episode. Which is such a shame because the animators are giving 120% on this work while the director/screenwriter/manga author or whoever response for cringey dialogues give less than 20%.
@phantomfandom its not cringe what you mean
May 23, 11:54 AM
Jun 2022
That Umemiya`s line "I`ll win", remind me of Gojo`s "Nah, I`d win", which is cool since they both share the same VA (Nakamura Yuichi).
May 23, 12:04 PM
Dec 2020
Man this shit is so corny. What an overhyped anime… and people were saying this is better than Tokyo revengers. The only thing better is the animation lol it has no story or decent characters
akixangelMay 23, 7:07 PM
May 23, 12:05 PM

Oct 2017
That was quite the fight, in the end Jo gave up to set things right. Hopefully Sakura will get much stronger in the future. Choji is pure trash as shown. I still don't understand why he suddenly got so hung up on his power from being a happy go lucky type but it's time for Umemiya to put some sense into him.
May 23, 12:26 PM
Nov 2023
I'm moving the anime up and it's not because of the fights, that's actually the weakest part of it. What I loved about this episode is how they portrayed Chōji's immaturity and how Togame is affected by it. They are best friends for a long time, so it's easy for one of them to go along with what the other one says in the name of their friendship, even if it's detrimental for both of them. It was satisfying watching Togame being unshackled and finally being able to have fun talking to someone without having to be concerned about "justice". I hope they can follow up this episode with a fulfilling conclusion to the story they've set up!
gorkthe134thMay 23, 12:34 PM
May 23, 12:39 PM
Sep 2023
Best ep so far.
Can't wait to see Umemiya's power
May 23, 12:39 PM
Nov 2015
The main character is so boring
The side characters are really cool though
May 23, 12:49 PM
Feb 2024
Really loved Sakura and Togame’s fight. That was definitely a good conversation, they did a great job animating it too, all the motions were really fluid.
Seeing Sakura get angry on behalf of Togame at the way Choji kicked him really showed his character growth- that was perfect.

“Gotta ask you one thing. Did you feel anything from watching that fight just now?”
“Huh? Feel what?”
“I see. What a shame.”
Umemiya’s fight already started out strong, I can’t wait to see the rest of it! They’re going to have an awesome ‘conversation’. At the end though I really couldn’t help but laugh πŸ˜‚ Gojo- no, Umemiya really said “Nah, I’d win.”
May 23, 12:49 PM
Dec 2022
sakura has to be one of the characters i literally give least of a shit about besides the blond kid 😭 i don’t understand how people think any of this is “mid” or “cringe” though bc it’s just a fighting anime with good development?!
May 23, 12:56 PM
May 2021
I really hope Umemiya's aura is not for show
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

May 23, 1:19 PM

Mar 2021
Not-Gojo really ended the episode with a "Nah, I'd win" huh ...

Another incredible episode -- this arc has been an absolute treat to watch
May 23, 1:21 PM
Oct 2021
insane episode, the most relatable anime episode ever
May 23, 1:25 PM
Jan 2023
Holy schmoly that was quite the upset 🀯
May 23, 1:25 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
What Choji did to Togame after the fight was messed up and I hope Ume puts that overpowered brat in his place.
May 23, 1:41 PM
May 2021
“Be quiet u lost” shii came out nowhere made me laugh πŸ˜­πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ sick ep tho nice fights.
May 23, 1:50 PM
Feb 2018
Reply to akixangel
Man this shit is so corny. What an overhyped anime… and people were saying this is better than Tokyo revengers. The only thing better is the animation lol it has no story or decent characters
@akixangel the story of Tokyo revenger is actually one of the most shittiest thing in the World of japanimation but you are right on saying that wind Breaker have not a good story
May 23, 2:05 PM

May 2022
The fight between Sakura and Togame was so damn Epic! Umemiya saying a fight was just another way of conversation held so true in the entire fight. Easily the most hyped and best fight in the series till now.

Togame's story was really sad. He wasn't a bad person by any means but sadly he didn't want to lose his best friend's 'smile' and got emotionally (albeit passively) manipulated to do the dirty work and be the bad guy. I really hope he can now change for the better.

Tomiyama definitely has a few screws loose. He has been Such a jerk till now that he really gets on my nerves. I can't wait to see him getting humbled by Umemiya.

The moment where Umemiya confidently says he'll win completely reminded me of Gojo saying the same thing.

69S7B4A5AMay 23, 2:10 PM
π’Ÿπ‘œπ“ƒ'𝓉 𝓁𝑒𝓉 π’Άπ“ƒπ“Žπ‘œπ“ƒπ‘’ 𝒹𝒾𝒸𝓉𝒢𝓉𝑒 π“Žπ‘œπ“Šπ“‡ 𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒.
May 23, 2:42 PM

Jun 2022
This was the best anime episode of the season , just PEAK.
May 23, 2:42 PM
May 2018
akixangel said:
Man shit is so corny. What an overhyped anime… and people were saying this is better than Tokyo revengers. The only thing better is the animation lol it has no story or decent characters

still not sure why you keep watching the show if you don't like it ? πŸ€”
May 23, 2:51 PM

Feb 2019
Chills were had. I was moved. Contender for top 5 episode of the season. It’s saying something when the best part of an episode this well animated and choreographed wasn’t even the fights.

The OST during Togame’s opening monologue set the tone for the episode. Poignant and tense. When we first met Togame I assumed he’d be a shallow meathead antagonist, but in the span of two episodes they gave him more characterisation than some characters get in a season.

The juxtaposition between he and Sakura and him gradually realising that he lost his way was so well done. What particularly stood out to me is how every single punch and kick acted not just as a hype moment, but as a reminder for Togame of the person he was and how he should’ve stayed on the path.

Hearing Sakura spout all that idealist stuff really hurt him because he knew Sakura was right and he reminded him of a younger version of himself. It’s better to lose friends than to lose yourself and that’s such a powerful moment when we see Togame grasp that. They use the Shishitoren emblem “fading” as a nice double entendre there too. Both literally and figuratively no longer being what it used to be.

The final few seconds of the fight, the slow mo, OST and Sakura ultimately winning was beautiful too. I was half hoping Choji wouldn’t do anything disrespectful to his supposed best friend.. but even Togame wasn’t safe from getting ridiculed and called weak. Don’t blame Sakura at all for wanting to punch him there.

But, Ume gonna have something special for Choji next week. No way someone who treats their own gang and friends like that could ever beat him. Start of the fight was already crazy so I can’t wait to see next week’s ep πŸ™πŸΎ
Marinate1016May 23, 3:37 PM
May 23, 3:48 PM

Nov 2020
So yes: I finally like the Gojo knockoff, the retarded child is still shit and all the drama in this episode is cringe.
3/5
May 23, 3:58 PM
May 2018
Episode 8 gives an outstanding conclusion to the fight with Togame and Haruka. I'm so glad Togame's true nature finally comes forth as he does not want to be part of Shishitoren no longer.

And, I am so ready to see what will happen next with Umemiya facing Choji.

(PS. the fight with Togame and Haruka was quite emotional, and I'm happy Haruka helped Togame realize who is instead of becoming someone who he despises )
May 23, 3:59 PM

Jun 2008
Time flies when you're having fun, no shit, those were the shortest 20 minutes so far. Now another long week until Ume-mommy scolds the bakemono-brat.
Can't tell which of the last three fights I enjoyed the most but I'm all for the newly founded respectful rivalry between Sakura & Togame. Leave that cage of abuse and despair and just c'mere dear

watching, waiting, commiserating
May 23, 4:07 PM
Jan 2017
HELL YEAH! This episode explained so many things and makes me respect Togame so much more!

Go get em' Goj-er Ume!
May 23, 4:10 PM
Jun 2021
It's pretty solid. The fight was better than i expected and there's finally maybe beginning to be some sort of plot or story taking root?

People comparing this Tokyo Revengers and saying it's better are crazy.
May 23, 4:17 PM
Aug 2021
He ate that kick and stood up like it was nothingπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
I understand why Sakura is mad on all accounts. From the kick to him giving up and stopping his punch.
TIME FOR THE CAPTAINS TO THROW HANDS. LET'S GO.
I'm happy that this Sakura guy recognises he's not the strongest.
Okay, so they are both strong it is not them just putting on airs.
May 23, 4:22 PM

Jun 2023
Kame and Sakku friendship is one of my fave~~
May 23, 4:30 PM

Jan 2008
The difference between Ume and Gojo is that Ume ain't no fraud.
May 23, 4:59 PM
Oct 2016
Sakura really lit a fire under Togame! Once he got serious things turned up! The animation looked incredible I'm amazed at how consistent it looked. Togame had lost his way by averting his eyes from Choji. He should've confronted him back on that rainy day, Togame knew it wasn't real justice but thought he could take the burden. However its just too much, Togame really lost his spirit for things that's why he's been so cold and lethargic. They've gone so far down the wrong path but Sakura through his fighting showed Togame they still can do it. When they started whaling on each other my God was that intense! The amount of shots they each took is astounding, Sakura might be unsatisfied with Togame giving up but they'd both taken a beating at that point. It was best for them both to just stop, even if that upset Choji quite a bit. His brutality is insane, he's gone off the deep end in his pursuit of so called freedom. Reminds me of a certain anime protagonist. Anyways, Umemiya getting on stage to save Sakura was very clutch. Sakura was battered and with how crazy Choji is that wouldn't have been pretty. The moves on this little dude are incomprehensible, he's a wild animal frantically moving in every direction. Hes like a mini tornado that you can't hope to contain. Even with Umemiya strength Choji is just too unhinged to get a read on. Umemiya will have to really show why he's the strongest to win against this maniac.
May 23, 5:11 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Looking forward to the next episode.
May 23, 5:17 PM

Aug 2019
He looks so much better with his hair down! Please keep it like that from now on.

I love how they were fighting like maniacs. It was just wonderful to see lol

Both Sakura and Togame were enjoying the fight!

I don't know what emotions were going through Choji’s mind. He's so hard to read with those emotionless eyes.

I wanted a tied, but ofc Togame let Sakura win.

I hope Umemiya destroys Choji.
May 23, 5:20 PM

May 2019
I had a feeling that Choji was going to hit Togame after he lost but I wasn't expecting Sakura to stand up for him, it shows both character development and respect.

On that note Choji only cares about strength and winning with no loyalty or respect to anyone else so I see him not only losing but being on his own unless he has an epiphany or something.
May 23, 5:34 PM
Oct 2022
ngl i think choji just needs a therapist
May 23, 7:01 PM
Oct 2019
What an incredible episode, for love, this fight was beautiful, I liked it more than in the manga, congratulations, I loved it
May 23, 7:03 PM

Apr 2022
this show is kinda cool with the fights, until they open their mouths.
May 23, 7:06 PM
Dec 2020
Reply to Tempest_16
akixangel said:
Man shit is so corny. What an overhyped anime… and people were saying this is better than Tokyo revengers. The only thing better is the animation lol it has no story or decent characters

still not sure why you keep watching the show if you don't like it ? πŸ€”
@Tempest_16 To see how the story will conclude ofc… or will it keep being “turn your brain off and enjoy 5 minutes of fights between 15 mins of flashbacks” type of anime. It’s not like I commented this on 1000th ep of one piece, it’s only been 8 episodes ima keep watching since there is 5 eps left already
May 23, 7:16 PM
Dec 2020
Reply to Soolz
@akixangel the story of Tokyo revenger is actually one of the most shittiest thing in the World of japanimation but you are right on saying that wind Breaker have not a good story
@Soolz “Story” isn’t something that exists in delinquent series so TR was a breath of fresh air until the last arc and how much of a hater u gotta be to say it’s one of the shitties in the whole industry when there are hundreds of actual garbage anime releasing every season since 70s or when the whole hentai genre exists lmao. Also saying japanimation instead of anime won’t make you cooler
May 23, 7:19 PM

Dec 2020
wooooow this show is only getting better
May 23, 7:28 PM
Jul 2022
please tell me Togame breaks free from this psycho brat and joins the boys
May 23, 7:34 PM

Jan 2013
well done episode, just as i expected from the manga
May 23, 7:36 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to ryzxgum
this show is kinda cool with the fights, until they open their mouths.
@ryzxgum the dialogue gives it more meaning. They even hint to it by telling you to have a conversation with your fists. Might be to deep for you.
May 23, 7:39 PM

Apr 2022
Reply to Vooo
@ryzxgum the dialogue gives it more meaning. They even hint to it by telling you to have a conversation with your fists. Might be to deep for you.
@Vooo this corny dialogue and screaming could only be deep for children such as yourself, what a waste of time.
May 23, 7:42 PM

Mar 2021
"Bofurin is full of strong people!" *points at everyone but literally skips over Nirei* XD

Ok but that animation was awesome, this ep had not just 1 but 2 epic battles :D

Chobi vs Mikey — who's the more psycho gang leader??
May 23, 7:49 PM

Dec 2021
If combat is a dialogue, the clash between Sakura and Togame felt almost like a revelation. Togame even addressed Sakura by his real name instead of "Othello-kun."

The vacant expression in Tomiyama's eyes as he saw Togame's duel with Sakura was equally interesting. I wonder if Umemiya truly has the ability to mend him.

May 23, 7:52 PM
Aug 2013
Amazing episode, I really love the fight between Sakura and Togame and we could know Togame better.
Ume vs Choji, I definitly can´t wait for it. Umemiya-san!!!
May 23, 7:55 PM
Jul 2023
I already love wind breaker from the first 7 episodes. but this episode could genuinely turn a 1/10 anime into a 10/10. it's genuinely such an amazing episode. 10/10 across the board. i love wind breaker
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20

58 by Killuaznx »»
Yesterday, 11:05 AM

» Why is Bofurin like that?

Alematt288 - Jun 20

14 by teaofpastels »»
Yesterday, 8:16 AM

» only 13 ep's

jeff666p - Jun 18

18 by bastek66 »»
Yesterday, 4:14 AM

» Definitely carried by animation ( 1 2 )

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Jun 8

68 by bastek66 »»
Yesterday, 4:10 AM

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 4

228 by rosariofig »»
Jun 21, 4:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.