Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 16, 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
So Sara wants to go to school but turns out to be more complicated. Kinda feel bad for her tbh.

On another note, she can also change her appearance by making her hair black. I think this episode was an interesting experience for Sara and learning much more about the real world. Seems she is fascinated by horse racing.
May 16, 10:24 AM

Dec 2021
In order to fulfill Sara's wish to attend school, Sousuke consults lawyer Brenda Aisaki. However, there is no legal way to create a family register without revealing their status as inhabitants of another world.

Disheartened, Sousuke and Sara head to work. Following their investigation, they find themselves at the neighboring town's racetrack.

May 16, 10:24 AM

Apr 2010
A shame we didn't get to see Livia this episode, but maybe it's a good thing who knows what would have happened if she got in contact with gambling aka horse racing.
Sara changing her hair colour like it's nothing and she turned into a different person.
May 16, 10:38 AM

Apr 2014
when Sugoi Technician being added to Uma Musume? lol
Sara was a horsegirl, no wonder why she knew who would win.
何それ?意味分かんない
May 16, 11:23 AM

Mar 2019
It's fine episode, back to the main duo doing their usual things.
May 16, 12:19 PM

Oct 2020
Who needs a wife if you can just skip the whole thing and immediately acquire a child?
May 16, 12:22 PM

Oct 2020
Maaan
Sara and Sousuke episodes are much more interesting than Livia's
May 16, 12:31 PM
Apr 2017
Does anyone know enough Japanese to know if the obvious Monty Python reference in the horse name was there in the original?
May 16, 12:43 PM

Sep 2020
This show is so cute!

Sara is going to become Sousuke’s daughter! It’s so wholesome 😭
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 12:48 PM
Mar 2022
Reply to Yngvarfo
Does anyone know enough Japanese to know if the obvious Monty Python reference in the horse name was there in the original?
@Yngvarfo I don't speak Japanese but, in the Italian sub version, they use the Italian name of "That" Gweat Fwiend In Wome" so, it could be (for those who don't know, in Italy we Translate, adapt and dub movies)
May 16, 12:52 PM

Feb 2019
As good as the 3 horses names were, Using Google Lens to translate them shows the following;

6. Amazing Technician
2. Saotiger
5 Paiotsu Kai Day

instead of the translated;

6. Amazing Technician
2. Biggus Dickus
5. Uge-hey Ooba-bay
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
May 16, 1:37 PM

May 2015
Very nice, their father-daughter relationship is progressing really well and now they're going to make it official. Honestly love the vibe of these episodes more than whatever's going on with Livia.
May 16, 2:11 PM
Dec 2020
Fun fact: Kasamatsu Racecourse is Oguri Cap's home course.
May 16, 2:11 PM

Sep 2016
Sosuke saw all her horse race gambling potential and decided to take Sara in as an offical daughter XD
May 16, 3:38 PM
Jan 2024
Great episode I'm really enjoying this series. Also did anyone notice the manga Sara was describing was Spy Family.
May 16, 3:55 PM

Jul 2015
No Livia this episode, which is kinda disappointing.
But we hit a major milestone! Souske is gonna adopt Sara, which is great! Maybe Livia is going to be her mom?
PiromyslMay 16, 10:44 PM

May 16, 4:00 PM
Mar 2021
pretty wholesome that he asks her to be his daughter. wasn't expecting that.
May 16, 4:01 PM
Jun 2023
Mann i love this show
May 16, 4:11 PM

May 2019
Not sure why but for whatever reason the horse racing got a bit sexual for a bit there with a horse named "Biggus Dickus," the commentator saying things like "technique or size, what really matters in the end?" and other comments about finishing, and the fourth horse being named "Post-Nut Clarity" lol.

Btw, Sousuke asking Sara to be his daughter was a wholesome moment, now who will play the mother role...
May 16, 4:13 PM
Aug 2018
Hesmiyu said:
As good as the 3 horses names were, Using Google Lens to translate them shows the following;

6. Amazing Technician
2. Saotiger
5 Paiotsu Kai Day

6. Amazing Technician
2. Biggus Dickus
5. Uge-hey Ooba-bay

That's interesting, the version I saw kept the original names of the horses, I wouldn't have known they localized them if I hadn't seen this comment

1. Amazing Technician →スゴイテクニシャン
2. South Tiger → サオタイガー
3. Huge Chest → パイオッカイデー

they did something fun for the third name, in the original japanese they had the first and second half of each word swapped, so instead of saying オッパイデーカい (Oppai Dekai) it said パイオッカイデー (Paio Kaide)
I think that's what they tried to replicate in that version by using pig latin, very clever
Mx_YellowMay 19, 9:51 AM
May 16, 5:39 PM

Feb 2019
No Livia this week 😢 but we do have a really nice Sara and Sosuke episode. Proper daddy daughter vibes from them.

I think Sara going to school would be extremely beneficial for her in terms of accumulating to life in Japan and really growing too. She’s had almost no social interaction with people her age since she got transported. Hopefully Brenda is able to help them workout something.

Speaking of Brenda, did her butler really say she’s dating a fucking castle, man wtf is this series 😭 I kinda ship Brenda and Sosuke and seems like the butler does too.

Never fails to amaze me how this series goes over some dark/messed up topics like infidelity and kinda masks em with jokes to keep things feeling light. Like Brenda assistant going out with the lady’s husband to try and help her get a divorce is wild, but something that definitely happens.

“Do you want to be my real daughter?” Awwwww I LOVE that moment with Sosuke and Sara so much. And she didn’t even hesitate to say yes. She’s definitely happy and at home with Sosuke
Marinate1016May 16, 6:38 PM
May 16, 8:31 PM

Sep 2018
I'm thinking it's obviously going to be that kouhai detective who will play the Mother, her line of "I would do anything to make him fall for me" even suggests that the plot will move forward with a fake (for now?) relationship of sorts. Plus Sara mentioning the Spy X Family plot also leads me to believe it.
May 16, 8:36 PM
Aug 2023
Sara made more money in one day of horseback betting than I have in two years of sports betting 😂🥲
May 16, 8:41 PM
Feb 2020
Their dynamic kinda reminds me of Spice & Wolfs Lawrence and Holo with Sara using her abilities to contribute in situations.Minus the romance obviously and hopefully stays that way.
May 16, 8:50 PM
Feb 2019
Hidden Gem of the season
May 16, 9:05 PM
Mar 2023
Monty Python and Spy x Family references in the same episode is what makes this show absolutely goated!
May 16, 11:05 PM

Feb 2016
BLACK HAIRED SARA MY BELOVED ❤️

They will finally begin a father-daughter relationship, fuck yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This was such a nice episode, that dude was actually wholesome af.

Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
May 17, 12:54 AM

Dec 2022
I suppose this balance things out having not seen Sara at all last episodes, also the last scene was very sweet

May 17, 1:38 AM

Mar 2024
I like these conversations between the characters, the dialogues is a little strange, so its interesting to watch.

And for me the series is boring without Livia. Livia is the best girl and she is the star of this anime fr. But finally in the next episode she will appear and cook grasshoppers because why not
May 17, 1:57 AM
May 2021
Such a wholesome episode, aside from Haruka's dirty tactics that is.
May 17, 5:38 AM

Jun 2021
Awww that's so cute Sosuke is gonna adopt Sara!

also I'm definitely going to buy a horse and name it Post-Nut Clarity
May 17, 8:07 AM
May 2024
One of the most interesting episodes of the series, Sara also inexplicably mentioned Spy x Family
May 17, 1:19 PM

Jun 2023
Not seeing enough comments on the girl dating a castle lmao

Also nice Spy x Family reference
May 17, 3:40 PM

Jan 2008
Sara wants to go to school but there are a lot of legality hurdles...makes me wonder how on earth Conan and Haibara from Sara's beloved Detective Conan series got admitted to school as well without some very skilled help with the know-how.

The stewardess lady is one of those people, huh... The type who gets "married" to Hatsune Miku on a Nintendo DS.

The horse names got a little naughty there in this episode.

I thought they were gonna get addicted to gambling there for a moment, but it's good that wasn't the case. Although if I were Sousuke, I'd be glad to know Sara has a gift for horse betting for whenever times get tough, and they only got a buck to turn it all around.

Overall, a very wholesome episode about family. Would be very interesting if Sousuke really did fall for Haruka as she wanted.

Next week...wait, his old boss was also his father? That's an interesting dynamic.
May 17, 10:52 PM

May 2015
I noticed Biggus Dickus was one of the horses. Truly an anime of culture that Monty Python would be proud of
May 18, 3:16 AM

Mar 2008
Lol that one girl dated a castle ....i wonder how she gets intimate

Sosuke blushing from flattery was cute and him asking if Sara would be his daughter later and her being happy about it.
May 18, 4:03 AM
Sep 2021
Sousuke & Sara continue their daily life, exploring something new, doing their work etc. Overall was a decent episode.
May 18, 6:50 AM
Mar 2021
daaww that ending
May 18, 8:05 AM
Jan 2024
uygyuguggt igjjj
May 18, 3:50 PM

Jan 2017
What the actual fuck did I just watch?

The Spy X Family reference is understandable but did we just get a Monty Python's Biggus Diccus as a horse name?!

AUma Musume banner when?!

Also did an anime just explain to me how to gamble at horse racing, while saying that it's a great thing to do with your kids?!

Also, also did we just see an anime version of Erika Labrie?!

This is truly the hidden gem of this season!
Dudi4PoLFrMay 19, 6:18 AM
May 19, 1:43 AM
Apr 2023
Deym this anime really is becoming heart-warming. This is really turning out to be a nice adaptation of the light novel.
May 19, 4:48 AM

Apr 2015
The jockeys' arses carried.
But seriously I'm really enjoying the show
May 19, 8:43 AM

Dec 2020
Gambler Sara less goo @~@
Seems like Sara's gonna go to school. She gonna look so cute in the uniform no cap.
But the thing that upsets me is the client wife's mindset. Can someone's husband's lively nature be the reason to hire detectives!? Damn wtf is that mindset
May 19, 9:13 AM

May 2019
Reply to Mx_Yellow
Hesmiyu said:

6. Amazing Technician
2. Saotiger
5 Paiotsu Kai Day

6. Amazing Technician
2. Biggus Dickus
5. Uge-hey Ooba-bay

That's interesting, the version I saw kept the original names of the horses, I wouldn't have known they localized them if I hadn't seen this comment

1. Amazing Technician →スゴイテクニシャン
2. South Tiger → サオタイガー
3. Huge Chest → パイオッカイデー

they did something fun for the third name, in the original japanese they had the first and second half of each word swapped, so instead of saying オッパイデーカい (Oppai Dekai) it said パイオッカイデー (Paio Kaide)
I think that's what they tried to replicate in that version by using pig latin, very clever
Huh, I was wondering how all those horse names were translated/localized. I was really confused how the subs got these names, but at least that clears it up a bit. I'm surprised no one has talked about the 11th race results yet (at least for the subs that I watched):

1. Cocco-chan → コッコチャン
2. Rizz the Bocchi → リズザボッチ
3. Alba Cap → アルバキャップ

I mean come on! "Rizz the Bocchi" is some translation since that's what it says according to the Katakana.

Marinate1016 said:
No Livia this week 😢 but we do have a really nice Sara and Sosuke episode. Proper daddy daughter vibes from them.

Yup, not that there's anything wrong with the main duo of Sara and Sosuke, but it would've been great to see what antics Livia was up to this time around. Welp, looks like she's going to be in next week's episode, so it's going to be fine.
NekOniiChanMay 19, 9:16 AM
May 19, 10:24 PM
Jan 2021
Kitasan Black seems to know about horses 🤣

A Livia-less episode but it turned out pretty good
May 19, 11:55 PM

May 2015
If anyone dawes to weagh at my vewy gweat fwiend Biggus Dickus I'll have him thwown into gladiatow school fighting wabid wild animals within a week, am I cleaw?!

TheBerserkerMay 20, 12:06 AM
May 20, 11:15 PM

Jul 2019
Great, now I'm jealous of a god damn castle...
May 21, 9:04 AM
Aug 2020
how this good show just get 7.22!?
May 21, 9:26 AM
Nov 2022
I really liked it, from the beginning I saw Sosuke and Sara's relationship as a "father and daughter" type.

Well, in the end, Sosuke's ex-colleague, if she is in love with him, what a novelty...
May 21, 10:31 AM

Feb 2016
Sara wants a normal live while her servant has a more bizzarre live everyday.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6

22 by 1WanteD1 »»
Yesterday, 7:30 AM

» Question for LN readers *SPOILERS*

BrotherCoa - Jun 6

3 by MeherabHB »»
Yesterday, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 30

33 by ST63LTH »»
Jun 7, 9:47 PM

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23

39 by ST63LTH »»
Jun 7, 9:36 PM

Poll: » Henjin no Salad Bowl Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 9

40 by ST63LTH »»
Jun 7, 9:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.