Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 26, 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Look at a Rimuru. What an inspirational leader planning ahead of the festival to make sure everything goes right.

I think this episode is okay, sticking with the roots of the show although the pacing feels somewhat slow. Rimuru just wants to be a leader and someone to look up to. He has that level of charisma that few could match this season yet.
Apr 26, 7:28 AM

May 2020
Though they may live in a world which doesn’t look much advanced, I mean if the comparing parameter is that of our own world, but hey there’s magic right, and then they have two smart people as well, to make something so cutting-edge which can sort of do and detect anything, with those magicules. In a sense, their monster country looks far superior to those where the normal human resides lol.

In any case, Rimuru and his people are not only working for the betterment of their own country, but even for someone like Milim. He and his very productive resources aside, about time they start talking about Hinata and the danger the church possesses, and the big unknown, they know nothing about.

Though this back and forth and the kind of "happy" times will go on for these people, as they always had, but I'm glad we got a little glimpse of Hinata and the rest of the holy knights.. finally.
Softhenic03Apr 26, 7:37 AM
Apr 26, 7:29 AM

Dec 2021
I love meetings, but they need to change up where they talk. Sick of that same old table and chairs.

During preparations for the opening festival, a concerning issue arose: the appearance of monsters, notably starting with Veldora, alongside numerous powerful monsters and Majin residing in Tempest. This surge in magical energy density in the area increases the likelihood of strong monster births.

In response, Vesta and Kaijin unveiled a prototype device designed to erect an Anti-Monster Barrier along highways, enhancing the safety of travelers. Meanwhile, to assist Geld with his concerns regarding his new subordinate, Rimuru assigned him a new project to focus on.

Seems like this is hopefully the final exposition and setup episode. Things should finally start getting good from here on out.

Apr 26, 8:19 AM

Jul 2017
Love how there was plenty of exposition again that dragged a lot for the cliffhanger to be... another meeting. At least that one seems more interesting and ominous on paper with Hinata and the Holy Knights but this season's start has been such a slog that it's not helped my excitement for what is to come that even my intrigue about Hinata has diminished a lot compared to the very start of this season, stakes still don't feel quite there for the amount of talking and planning that has been happening which made it very dull to watch. Further steps were taken with improvements to the country for the festival with technology continuing to evolve there with the help of Vesta and Kaijin too which is nice I guess.
Apr 26, 8:53 AM

Jul 2017
It's more meetings between Rimuru and the Tempest council of leaders figuring out how to improve their nation through magicule devices and the like. But Veldora is still NOT allowed to wreak havoc, especially given his massive aura which Diablo gets, which Rimuru puts into consideration.

Rimuru wanting a castle for Milim and the rest of the Demon Lords, leaving Geld to spearhead the project alongside capables ones like Kaijin, he should be fine with help provided. Still, Shion is better left protecting Rimuru than cooking, and Diablo's plan to keep Falmuth as their ally whilst acting behind the scenes against retaliation, there'll be no problem given the others like Benimaru, and more reading between the lines for backup and protection. That said, to deal with Hinata and the Western Holy Church, plus a "he" enemy that they don't know, it could all snowball into a detrimental effect of Tempest's fall. Even more than before, Rimuru wants to avoid all conflict, but with this many people against their way, especially with the "he" that could act with and/or without reason, plus Hinata, there's definitely more than one mastermind behind this plan, even if their interests align and not.

Screen all of their areas in all corners, that's how Tempest will grow. Still a slow impeding progress, but action will come soon on Hinata's part.
Apr 26, 9:02 AM
Mar 2024
It is great to see how close they are to the light novel. They even say how they want to make the streets for normal people safe, so they won't get attacked by random demons. I love it can't wait for the next episode
Apr 26, 9:04 AM

Aug 2019
its not bad and i dont mind the talking all too much but 4 episodes might be starting to be too many.

can someone explain the joke here? cant read those kanji.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 9:13 AM
Jul 2020
Waiting a week for new episode... and it's boring business meeting.
Apr 26, 9:25 AM

Apr 2022
Reply to Dezolator
Waiting a week for new episode... and it's boring business meeting.
@Dezolator Did you see season 2 part 2?
Apr 26, 9:39 AM

May 2020
another good episode this week
had a lot of talking
the action eps are amazing but these ones are good aswell

Apr 26, 9:43 AM

Jun 2008
Can we stop with the constant meetings? I already have that shit at my work all the time...
And that ending... hinting at another meeting next week.........
Ryoda-Apr 26, 9:46 AM
Apr 26, 9:57 AM

Mar 2023
They're again doing 12 episodes / volume? While other series do between 2 and 6 ep / volume, they're twice as slow than a normally slow adaptation. As a result the pacing is really really slow
Apr 26, 10:07 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Body doubles are the best tools for spies for sure. A device that can both erect a barrier but also take in magic from the atmosphere sounds pretty useful. Youm's training looks to be pretty harsh. A masterplan that involves multiple plots that aim for one singular goal huh scary. But one that shows just how cunning their opponents are. Looks like we'll be seeing the churches elite forces take the stage next ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 10:44 AM

Feb 2019
I know the Tensura business meeting episodes might not be the most entertaining at times, but they’re really essential to understanding what’s about to come in this arc. All the political manoeuvring with Diablo, Falmuth and Engrassia, the quality of life improvements for Tempest residents with the anti magic barrier, revealing that theres someone pulling the strings behind all the recent incidents etc.

They’re definitely making it so you can’t claim to be confused by what happens in the story when it’s all laid out right in front of you lol.

I just wish the pacing wasn’t so that we get left on a cliffhanger waiting for.. another business meeting this time from Hinata side lol. Looking forward to getting to the action soon.
Marinate1016Apr 26, 11:38 AM
Apr 26, 10:53 AM

Feb 2008
I went into this season wondering which LNs they will adapt because I didn't think there was enough between 7, 8 and 9 to fit in 24 episodes. But after seeing 4 episodes of meetings, I realize now... it was a silly thought. What was I thinking?... of course there is more than enough meetings to fit in 24 episodes... with how it's going they probably could even adapt just 7 and 8... and make 9, part of season 4. XD

Even as a LN reader, these meetings suck lol.
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
Apr 26, 10:53 AM

Dec 2022
is it really the manga source because there are a couple of anime original scene i think like the tower for milim definitely wasn't in the manga
Apr 26, 11:11 AM

Nov 2009
Episode was super boring, I hate info dumps.

I wasn't sleepy before it, but I struggled to stay awake from about the 14 minute mark when it was pretty much all in the same one room!
Apr 26, 11:21 AM

May 2015
Love this childish ambiance in Jura.

We'll see more about Hinata in the next ep, hype.
Apr 26, 11:22 AM

Nov 2023
A lot of planning and discussion in this episodes love their new ideas to improve their place and people well being. I really love that aspect about this show.

I know people make promises all the time
Then they turn right around and break them
When someone cuts your heart open with a knife, now you're bleeding
But I could be that guy to heal it over time
And I won't stop until you believe it
'Cause baby you're worth it
Apr 26, 11:23 AM
Mar 2024
While it isn’t bad, I am growing a bit impatient of the exposition at this point having continued meetings discussing ways they will deal with problems. It’s part of the fun of the show is to see the development of Tempest, but we are now multiple episodes in. I know it’ll get good soon though, and I can’t wait!
Apr 26, 11:29 AM

May 2013
These last 2 episodes were extremely boring.
Apr 26, 11:34 AM

Feb 2019
Zaxphred said:
is it really the manga source because there are a couple of anime original scene i think like the tower for milim definitely wasn't in the manga

The manga isn’t the source so no it’s not
Apr 26, 11:59 AM
Jul 2021
Dropped, I don't have enough hours left in my life to waste on this boring garbage.
Apr 26, 12:01 PM

Aug 2013
Some pieces in place; expecting a raid or something coming up at least.
Apr 26, 12:08 PM

Dec 2013
Comfy business meeting episode, the show keeps edging us that something big is going to happen at any moment.
Apr 2022
Sometimes it's strange to think of a series where there are episodes that happen completely inside a council room and those are still enjoyable

Feb 2020
Reply to Riptos
Episode was super boring, I hate info dumps.

I wasn't sleepy before it, but I struggled to stay awake from about the 14 minute mark when it was pretty much all in the same one room!
@Riptos season 2 part 2 have 6 ep meeting , so this season probably would have the same one too sooooooo just w8 more lol
Apr 26, 12:15 PM

Feb 2020
Reply to Chicken_Devourer
Dropped, I don't have enough hours left in my life to waste on this boring garbage.
@Chicken_Devourer damnnnnnn took you 2 season to dropped it lol, I read the manga my boy and it have a lot of talking about the world building and people say they're taking source from LN sooooo lol, but you should realize this at season 2 part 2 cuz that shit have 6 ep meeting IM suprise you didn't drop it there. But oh well.........
Apr 26, 12:51 PM
Mar 2021
it just newspaper without actual animation
Apr 26, 1:14 PM
Nov 2008
I want to see Shitnata dead.. Dead! DEAD!!!
Apr 26, 1:15 PM
Nov 2008
Reply to Mattuzmk
These last 2 episodes were extremely boring.
@Mattuzmk seems like next episode will be Shitnata business meeting all 25 mins as well
Apr 26, 1:17 PM

Feb 2014
I can understand as to why some people aren't happy with how many info-heavy episodes that we've had already, but in a way, I'd rather have it explained in a detailed way like this rather than skipped on and then brought back to explain via a rushed flashback when things do get serious just to please the action junkies.

Either way, I do find it interesting to see how the technology improves in keeping Tempest safe. Not only that, but the meeting did help Rimuru to re-access everything that's happening so far and see if there's anything that's worth checking out that could've been easily overlooked. It's important that he takes this next step carefully, after all.

The ending to the episode was having the Tempest meeting end, only for another meeting with Hinata to begin. I doubt this one won't be long, so I'm interested to see how that meeting will go next time. The action won't be too far away, so I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.
Apr 26, 1:57 PM

Feb 2019
tempest is improving greatly. i wonder what can rimuru do to help veldora let his man out with a bang from time to time instead of sucking it in all the time...
Apr 26, 2:23 PM
Jun 2023
I just want rimuru beating hinata ass ,, if they show it until the end of the series ( this season) I am fine with it because I don't think there episodes are boring but they should improve something to make it interesting.,, I haven't got a valid reason to support her lose behaviour..or i don't think she has hype as a villain because she doesn't have character,,, she is just being manipulated....it's kind of annoying to see her ,,dilushtional face...
Apr 26, 2:54 PM

Aug 2015
Great, another episode where literally fucking nothing happens.
Apr 26, 3:43 PM

Feb 2020
@EastIndiaCompany Guys this account is bot for spreading hate and he never seen any of the anime before, account Made April 07 2024 lol. He so stupid and scare so he make another account to shit on anime he hated my guy desperate for attention lol. Remember him guys for other anime.
Apr 26, 3:46 PM

Feb 2020
Reply to Rokluft
it just newspaper without actual animation
@Rokluft have you seen newspaper before? Cuz I do.
Apr 26, 3:50 PM
Oct 2016
Rimuru has set his plans into motion. These meetings might not be be the most entertaining thing ever but they massively help the world building. Of which I enjoy seeing, this is primarily a nation building story just with action sprinkled in so episodes like this are more often than not. Rimuru getting his ducks in a row is important since he's got some really powerful subordinates. Geld going to build a new castle for Milim is awesome, gotta help the bestie get a new place to crash. The barriers being built for the roads leading into Tempest will help immensely with security on the roadways. Travelers entering the city won't have to worry about monster attacks anymore. Rimuru coming to the dangerous conclusion that there's probably multiple people working behind the scenes to come after him. The events of last season just all aligned with each other. When in fact its most likely more than one interest at play. Rimuru having Benimaru realign the forces is good just in case. Especially with Hinata gathering her own forces together.
Apr 26, 4:04 PM

Sep 2018
I find it all very interesting and am anticipating the outcomes in near episodes, but could understand the frustration if you're not a huge fan of the show or just want more plot progression shown.
Apr 26, 4:58 PM
Apr 2023
4 episodes of mostly pure exposition is an awful way to build a story. I love slime isekai but wow this has been awful :b
Apr 26, 5:01 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
So all the set up seems to be finally over. The festival is on its way and hopefully things start to pick up from here. Really enjoying this season so far.
Apr 26, 5:15 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to Zaxphred
Zaxphred said:

The source is not the manga for this show.
The blueprints for Milim's new castle are in chapter 91 of the manga. The anime mixes up the order of the scenes that's why you may feel confused a little.
Apr 26, 5:33 PM
Oct 2022
If the next episode is nothing but talk I’m gonna lose it. I get the importance of the information, but the length at which they’re taking to deliver it is ridiculous imo
Apr 26, 5:46 PM

May 2015
Reply to mpchandler21
If the next episode is nothing but talk I’m gonna lose it. I get the importance of the information, but the length at which they’re taking to deliver it is ridiculous imo
@mpchandler21 come on who doesn't want to watch 3 episodes of sitting around a table talking. Maybe next week they'll spend 20 minutes talking in a new location
Apr 26, 5:55 PM
Apr 2020
I have mixed feelings. On one hand I feel like the pacing of the story is dragging. On the other hand, I want to be patient because I've heard good things about the manga and how most of the "Good stuff" is going to be this season. But, after watching this episode, I am left slightly disappointed and also hopeful that this just buildup for a great season.
Apr 26, 5:57 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to mpchandler21
mpchandler21 said:

I've got bad new for you, because the next episode is going to be all talk too.
Apr 26, 6:07 PM

Sep 2011
Most of the episode was pure yap yap yap.
Apr 26, 6:11 PM
Oct 2021
I'm noticing more and more negative sentiment in the discussions as each episode airs... And honestly I don't blame them. I mentioned this in the ep 2 discussion, but they really should've found a better way to info dump than sitting/standing in a meeting room or standing in one location. There are lots of other anime that has extensive world-building but doesn't come off as boring; I'm not asking for mindless shounen, just something more than an exposition slideshow.

The cliffhanger doesn't inspire much hope for the next one.

And I hope that the anti-magic barrier plays a significant role in the story, because they spent half the episode on it. I was thinking to myself why the heck do we need to know that it specifically uses magicrystals, which are inefficient but mitigated by the rune magic that Rimuru gave. It better not be just filler convo is all I'm saying.
Apr 26, 6:12 PM
Aug 2020
it was a great episode

things will soon get ugly...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 26, 7:07 PM
Oct 2022
Is next week also a a meeting of the city council?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» when will this get more serious/better?? ( 1 2 )

AMAN2410 - Jun 7

62 by TasteOf_Rage »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7

67 by Ashhk »»
5 hours ago

» Has an arc ended so I can binge watch?

NothinWrongHere - Yesterday

16 by AMBITZZ »»
Today, 3:00 AM

» pseudo-intellectual with lame taste!

Sahil_k - Jun 7

17 by Todday »»
Yesterday, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 31

101 by Pre_Yum »»
Yesterday, 12:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.