Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 21, 1:28 AM

Nov 2011
So Taiyo decided to push himself to be stronger in order to protect Mutsumi better. I mean, he is the least experienced of the group so it makes sense. However, he is doing this for Mutsumi's sake so that's admirable. Futaba can at least admire what he's doing for Mutsumi.

This episode also establishes that the Yozakura househeld itself is "daily training". Kinda funny how everything in that house is rigged with traps. It did look like Taiyo improved a little thanks to the help of the other Yozakura members. He definitely has a point to prove and Mutsumi serves as a main motivator. This episode made me like Futaba more though, as she seems to understand what's keeping Taiyo so motivated.
Apr 21, 1:30 AM

Dec 2021
The training arc commences!

After dreaming that Mutsumi was abducted due to his own powerlessness, Taiyo wished to become stronger and seeks special training from Futaba. Accepting Taiyo's enthusiasm, Futaba proposes the condition for training: first, Taiyo must live in the Yozakura household for one month. Awaiting Taiyo are various traps set throughout the mansion. For Taiyo, the hellish routine of daily life at the Yozakura mansion begins. Meanwhile, watching Taiyo deteriorate day by day for his sake, Mutsumi is deeply troubled.

What an absurd yet entertaining sense of normalcy this family has. I appreciated how the rest of the family pitched in to help him out; they've already accepted him, aside from Kyouichiro. Though I wonder if they all reached the same conclusion as big sis did, that Taiyo is literally madly in love. Taiyo's training in humorous and interesting ways, his journey to find his own path to survive in this world of assassins, is quite engaging. Plus, there's more hilariously dumb meta humor. I kinda wish the training arc were a bit longer, but I'll take it!

Taiyo has passed his first hurdle of many to become a Yozakura family member... all to protect Mutsumi at the end of the day, though.

Apr 21, 1:58 AM

Feb 2021
10:40 The untranslated text:
"Yozakura T-shirt
(30~100kg)
Woven with iron wire
Looks like a normal T-shirt at a glance, so it is easy to match with the time, place, occasion."

Cool episode. And gotta say, Taiyo got some real good classmates.
Apr 21, 3:34 AM

Mar 2021
Really good episode Taiyo is training very hard and will do anything to make sure Mutsumi stays safe.
Apr 21, 3:54 AM

Jul 2017
Thought this was a solid episode and it is refreshing and wholesome to see the Yozakura siblings (minus Kyoichiro) to help Taiyo out with his goal to improving himself and his strength to protect Mutsumi, even when he is putting his own body through hell to get adapted to the Yozakura lifestyle. It's very simple but fairly endearing, I won't lie, seeing Taiyo work his ass off to be able to do 'basic' things and avoiding traps in this eccentric household as a part of daily training. It's simple yet fairly effective in showcasing Taiyo's spirit to improve wholeheartedly without giving up midway, showcasing how his emotions and inner will is stronger than the household can give credit for and his guts for facing this head on despite the mistakes taking a physical toll on his body that he had to cover up to not worry Mutsumi. Felt like out of the three episodes so far, this was definitely the best one in my opinion.
Apr 21, 4:04 AM

Jun 2023
Poison that makes you poop + locked toilet.. such a cruel fate
Apr 21, 4:09 AM

Jul 2009
Kyoichiro just strolling while Taiyo's trying to get to the bathroom and not shit himself, so cruel lol. That "uso daroooou!!!???" scream was funny. Cool episode, although it wouldn't hurt if they started adapting 2 chapters per ep, the pace feels too slow at times.
Apr 21, 5:22 AM
Sep 2021
Taiyou is doing his best to survive in the yozakura family, his spy life has just begun.
Apr 21, 5:42 AM

Dec 2015
Can't imagine going through such training in a month. I like how Shion put the traps to normal and Shinzou was going to give him a 100kg (around 220 pounds) shirt. Love that the siblings are helping him out though.

It's only going to get harder from here but I'm sure that Taiyou will be fine.

Wonder if they are on hard mode when someone gets rusty.
Apr 21, 5:55 AM
Aug 2020
it was a good episode

the MC should get stronger, so it was fun to see him progess...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 21, 6:13 AM

Jun 2014
It's nice to see that the family is actually willing to help Taiyo out and not just shrug him off (besides Kyoichiro lol). Glad to see he's showing signs of improvement, although he's pushing himself pretty damn hard. The one-on-one scenes with Mutsumi and Taiyo are so wholesome.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Apr 21, 6:16 AM

May 2023
My man Taiyo can finally open the bathroom door after a whole month, proud of him.
Apr 21, 6:33 AM
Oct 2022
Taiyo’s emotion for wanting to be stronger in order to protect Mutsumi is so intense, I like him.

That harsh training made by Yozakura Family will clearly make Taiyo a stronger guy, he is able to protect her with all cost.

So far, this anime is good, all the characters are made well and the action is developing. Let’s see what other challenges await Taiyo!
Apr 21, 6:48 AM
Apr 2020
It's amazing! I really like how Taiyo tries so hard to train at the Yozakura house for Mutsumi. These two are couple goals this season!
Apr 21, 6:54 AM

Aug 2022
It seems that now Taiyo is starting to blend in with the Yozakura family. And his biggest challenge now is to become part of the family.

To achieve this goal, Taiyo trains so hard that he gets injured. He did all that for Mutsumi alone.

RafaBryanApr 21, 7:01 AM
Apr 21, 6:55 AM

Apr 2022
kyoichiro had the least amount of screentime in this episode, that's why this the best episode so far. brother really let some milk trigger his fever.
Apr 21, 7:18 AM

Jun 2023
Another great & fun episode!!!
Apr 21, 8:59 AM

Jul 2022
Poor Taiyo, that training is quite tough and exhausting, but it shows that his feelings for Mutsumi are stronger than the pain he feels. It's clear he's going to improve little by little, and it's nice to see how the Yozakura family increasingly accepts him as part of their family.
Apr 21, 11:32 AM

Jul 2014
Man cutting his hair is literally not the move, its weird how they thought that was scary? lmao

I guess now we’ll see if he dies this time from the training 💀
Apr 21, 11:34 AM
Jan 2024
iuhihuuhhhhkkjijh
Apr 21, 12:02 PM

Mar 2007
Awww. He asked for help from the whole family in order to train himself so he can better protect the girl he really cares for. And he's been protecting her since they were both younger.

That's how you do a training montage, and make it emotional.
Apr 21, 3:39 PM
Jun 2021
Good ep, I’m loving Taiyo so far! Him and mutsumi are the sweetest!
Apr 21, 8:12 PM
Mar 2019
This is a nice cool down episode that is more heartwarming than funny. We get to see the dedication, and motivation in Taiyo. The family is on his side now except for one (maybe?). Now his training begins in earnest.
Apr 22, 12:46 AM

Nov 2023
Im starting to believe that im going to sit through some a wacky cartoon for the next 24 weeks
Apr 22, 2:36 AM
Apr 2018
I'm strongly considering dropping this already. So far all it's been is a goofy comedy for small children.
Apr 22, 4:04 AM
Apr 2021
Awww what another nice episode with the Yozakura family, Taiyo really asked all of the family (except Kyoichiro) to help him with his training so he can protect the woman that he loves🥹

I love all their personalities so much especially Futuba she’s my favourite from the bunch plus she’s voiced by Akari Kitou who’s my favourite VA as well🥰

Taiyo screaming “HELP ME!!!” when he couldn’t open the door fucking killed me i deadass was laughing out so hard bc that man sounded like he really was about to shit his pants😭🤣😭🤣😭🤣😭
Apr 22, 8:55 AM
Jan 2018
Hmm, why do I get the feeling this series is popular in Japan more-so than the West…..
Apr 22, 10:00 AM

Jul 2009
Reply to M1kasaYu1
Hmm, why do I get the feeling this series is popular in Japan more-so than the West…..
@M1kasaYu1 Disney+/Hulu jail
Apr 22, 1:20 PM

Sep 2011
Reply to ame-furi
@M1kasaYu1 Disney+/Hulu jail
@ame-furi
Hulu has more than triple CR's subscriber count and that's not even counting D+. I'm real tired of this Hulu jail meme
Apr 22, 3:15 PM
Jun 2012
Reply to Red_Ranger_Wien
@ame-furi
Hulu has more than triple CR's subscriber count and that's not even counting D+. I'm real tired of this Hulu jail meme
@Red_Ranger_Wien That is true but how many of those are really anime fans? And Hulu doesn't do a great job in advertising anime. Some still don't know Yozakura anime came out and we are 3 episodes in. That is why it will be a continuous meme because Hulu doesn't let people know what animes they have.
Apr 22, 4:12 PM

Sep 2011
Reply to M1kasaYu1
This was the best episode so far but im insanely frustrated at how we really might just be doing 1 chapter an episode, it just toally deflates the pacing and tone of the series to draw this stuff out for a whole ep when it should be really snappy. Technically this adapted a bit of another chapter but still this chapter especially felt like there was all this padding to make single panels last longer than they needed.

@M1kasaYu1 its not particularly popular anywhere which is incredibly on brand for the resident exister in shounen jump that largely never ranked or sold particularly well

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 22, 6:03 PM
Jun 2012
Reply to JizzyHitler
This was the best episode so far but im insanely frustrated at how we really might just be doing 1 chapter an episode, it just toally deflates the pacing and tone of the series to draw this stuff out for a whole ep when it should be really snappy. Technically this adapted a bit of another chapter but still this chapter especially felt like there was all this padding to make single panels last longer than they needed.

@M1kasaYu1 its not particularly popular anywhere which is incredibly on brand for the resident exister in shounen jump that largely never ranked or sold particularly well
@JizzyHitler Next episode is basically Kengo/Shinzo so it is going to adapt two chapters next week.

Secondly it seems like it is doing better in Japan than here since it trends in Japan when a new episode comes out. It is gaining momentum in Japan.
Apr 22, 9:53 PM

Jul 2017
With nowhere else to go, Taiyo is stuck in the Yozakura Family with Goliath watching over him just in case Kyoichiro wrecks him again. Him going to Futaba to request for training, it's not enough having feelings alone. Giving him one month to stay and survive within the family, laden with rigged traps all over the mansion for daily training, it could be harder than what he assumed to be, with food even rigged for poison for exercise, and bathrooms locked under passcodes. This is normalcy for the daily life within the Yozakura Family, and for someone who's been protecting her against the normalcy of daily human life, Taiyo is her equivalent to that, so it's a good thing that they were made for each other.

With each subsequent training, Taiyo has adjusted slowly and surely, but even falling into a fever 3 weeks in with the help from the other siblings, he feels that he needs to amp his training in order to become a part of the family, though for the long-run, it's hard to tell. For now, Taiyo managing to unlock the bathroom door, it's both an achievement and acceptance into the family.

Love and desire to protect Mutsumi is not enough, vigour and persistence is needed, and Taiyo's survival depends on this.
Apr 22, 10:07 PM
Mar 2015
our boi is pushing himself to protect his love
Apr 23, 8:26 AM
Jul 2022
I don't understand why Japan is making animes like these! Honestly!

Like fr! If you want to make a husband and wife, make them look atleast adult like. Both of them look so young and under age type!

I came here for Konishi San's psycho character, but really, I was disappointed by the anime plot.

You might not agree with me which I don't really have any problem with, however, this is another trash story, imo. It would have been more nice if he didn't marry and still had a close relationship with the spy family 🙂...the thrill would have been very welcoming then.

Thanks for reading.
Apr 23, 2:56 PM

May 2019
It's good that Mutsumi recognizes the hardship that Taiyo is going through to get stronger as that will get them closer.

I imagine that after Taiyo's training arc the pace and action will pick up.
Apr 23, 3:38 PM
Back to anime

Jun 2017
I'll be honest, the OP is growing on me.. It's the perfect blend of catchy, cute, and energetic imho!>:P>
Apr 23, 4:28 PM

Sep 2011
Reply to RDEmperorAsh
@JizzyHitler Next episode is basically Kengo/Shinzo so it is going to adapt two chapters next week.

Secondly it seems like it is doing better in Japan than here since it trends in Japan when a new episode comes out. It is gaining momentum in Japan.
@RDEmperorAsh I have flat out never seen a tweet about this series in English or Japanese outside the trailer for it a few months back getting any notable engagement, even the official account doesn't seem to get much more than a small amount of likes let alone any sign of something picking up steam like fanart

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 23, 5:46 PM
Jun 2012
Reply to JizzyHitler
@RDEmperorAsh I have flat out never seen a tweet about this series in English or Japanese outside the trailer for it a few months back getting any notable engagement, even the official account doesn't seem to get much more than a small amount of likes let alone any sign of something picking up steam like fanart
@JizzyHitler Japanese Yozakura fans use 3 different hashtags. That is why you barely see anything about it. They barely used the official one.
Apr 24, 1:49 AM
Oct 2019
Impossible Training begin!!
It's so ridiculous lol

Taiyou got that WILLPOWER!!
Apr 24, 11:27 AM
Jul 2023

1. Weight training is one thing.
  2. Having to turn on the TV with a gun and the remote taped to a tree - inventive.
  3. Having to literally unlock the toilet as if it is that door from Medaka Box while actively being Naruto from episode 2 every day is just cruel and unusual punishment.

It did make him ripped to shit. Like damn boy, you can grained meat on those.
Apr 24, 11:30 AM
Jul 2023
Reply to GingZ
Man cutting his hair is literally not the move, its weird how they thought that was scary? lmao

I guess now we’ll see if he dies this time from the training 💀
@GingZ They are not getting paid to deal with crazy.
Apr 24, 6:55 PM
Mar 2016
wow 27 episodes. Silver Link played big this time.
Apr 25, 6:29 AM
Sep 2023
Reply to KinjiKido
wow 27 episodes. Silver Link played big this time.
@KinjiKido oh shit. didnt realize it was 27. this anime is kinda like spy anime but more relaxing and less tense. for my personal taste, prefer this.
Apr 25, 7:19 AM

Jan 2017
Always a fan of love-to-the-point-of-insanity troupe, maybe that is why I like this anime
Apr 25, 9:04 AM
Mar 2023
look... know how they said the head is born without powers? taiyo is also without powers but he has to train to protect her? can she not train as hard and do it herself powers have nothing to do with it taiyo does have them either i am on the verge of dropping this lame shi...
Apr 25, 12:54 PM

Sep 2011
Reply to RDEmperorAsh
@JizzyHitler Japanese Yozakura fans use 3 different hashtags. That is why you barely see anything about it. They barely used the official one.
@RDEmperorAsh Even then all the tell tale signs of a series actually picking up in popularity like say fanart or anyone actually posting screencaps of it arent there, the manga isnt even getting much of a boost.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 25, 9:00 PM
Mar 2016
Reply to nonsenseone1
@KinjiKido oh shit. didnt realize it was 27. this anime is kinda like spy anime but more relaxing and less tense. for my personal taste, prefer this.
@nonsenseone1
I pretty much up to date with silver link any project all the time but never once see a season that goes 24 episodes let alone 27 episodes.
Apr 27, 7:00 AM

Nov 2020
A lot of stupid things that this anime will most likely forget in future episodes xD

The funniest thing in this episode was that Mutsumi's friends accused her of wanting to stand out only when she started having a white streak of hair, completely ignoring the fact that in a school full of brown hair and brunettes, she was the only one with blue hair xD
It was incredibly stupid that these "friends" could take her to this warehouse and threaten to cut her hair even though she is protected by her family, especially since it happens after an accident and the older brother should be obsessed with her safety, ehh of course it's an anime about this forgets and is terribly inconsistent, comedy should also maintain some logic imo xD

After three episodes, I don't know what to think about it, it's not funny (certainly not especially) or interesting in terms of the plot, the romance is ultra naive and the characters, apart from the older brother, are not very interesting, this anime is the definition of 5-6/10, you can watch it and forget about it the next day xD
3/5
Apr 28, 1:42 PM

Jan 2017
Taiyo gets a stomachache every time he eats the family meals. Poor guy has to develop resistance to it over time. Also, does Shinzo stay in the trash bin all the time when he's at home? Hope that's all the screentime Taiyo gets to training though. Need to see more actual spy action or perhaps flesh out the other characters in the family.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15

15 by romzanalimohon »»
Sep 19, 2:46 AM

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8

26 by romzanalimohon »»
Sep 19, 2:45 AM

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 25

20 by romzanalimohon »»
Sep 19, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Which is your favorite Yozakura Family sibling?

gorkthe134th - Sep 16

10 by ArchdemonLucifer »»
Sep 18, 6:57 AM

Poll: » Yozakura-san Chi no Daisakusen Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 11

21 by Timonk »»
Sep 17, 4:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.