Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
That house turned into a giant moving machine....well, this got out of control.

Everyone had their fulls hands this time around. However, it's was kinda amazing seeing how much Jinshi is willing to take the fight and playing a leadership-like role this episode. No fear at all.

Seems next episode will be a big battle coming. Exciting!
Mar 27, 8:28 AM
Sep 2015
I don't like how everyone's falling into the dark side, so much killing, avoidable deaths. But I can't deny that the production quality is very high. This is the lustful marriage between the visual and the audio. If anime industry is hollywood then this anime is a summer blockbuster.
Mar 27, 8:55 AM

Feb 2021
0:04 轟震海 (goushinkai) - lit. "roar shake sea"

Jinka is getting those extra tails waaay faster than I thought he would.
12:53 天地割り (tenchiwari) - lit. "heaven and earth split"

I thought this will be a historical anime with fantasy elements at first, but now we have mechas and walking mountains lol. But I don't really mind it at this point.
Really looking forward to the next episode, I want to see the Goddess fight ☆∀☆
Last episode of this arc next. I guess there will be a break between cours if the anime was separated by arcs like this? Either way, I'll miss this OP, it's so beautiful.
Mar 27, 9:20 AM
Jul 2023
God damn! An episode of truly epic preposition.

This episode redeemed the last episode in all aspects, the visual and the sound design is very grand, it a spectacular experience to behold.
Mar 27, 9:57 AM

Jan 2023
Well this episode reminds me why I hate Shinsuke.
Mar 27, 10:12 AM
Feb 2020
Legit thought this was the last ep and they were gonna leave the fight for next cour.Good stuff tho,Douren got so unlucky and in guessing hes actually dead?
Mar 27, 10:23 AM

Sep 2023
This anime has crossed the threshold of being just too goofy for my tastes, and the animation isn't good enough to justify it in my opinion. I miss when the story was semi-serious with real heartfelt moments and understandable motivations. Now we've got kaiju castles and mountains and flying swords and trash robot sky battles. There were some serious moments in this episode, but the tonal whiplash is just unreal. I'll continue watching and see where it goes from here, but I'm definitely not enjoying it as much as I was before.
Mar 27, 10:40 AM
Jan 2023
phantomfandom said:
I don't like how everyone's falling into the dark side, so much killing, avoidable deaths. But I can't deny that the production quality is very high. This is the lustful marriage between the visual and the audio. If anime industry is hollywood then this anime is a summer blockbuster.

Shinsuke did the opposite though, he fell out of his dark side.
Mar 27, 11:19 AM

Apr 2016
Reply to BitChilly
Well this episode reminds me why I hate Shinsuke.
@BitChilly he had the most growth this episode???
Mar 27, 11:24 AM

Jan 2023
Reply to HajimeNozomiUwU
@BitChilly he had the most growth this episode???
@HajimeNozomiUwU No it’s not because of his growth, it’s for a different reason.
Mar 27, 11:26 AM

Jul 2017
Takekichi vs Barry, and Jinka vs. Douren, it's a fight to the death.

Jinka losing to Douren's Senjinken, he's at a loss on how to defeat him. That is until his spirit calls him to pierce through his head with its arm, to unleash more tails from 4 to 7. His spear attack, Fuujinsou, can be quite the powerful attack, but in the hopes of Douren defending against it, instead, they both saw apparitions pass them both by, disrupting their fight and leaving Douren vulnerable to Gogyoukon, which he took a full damage hit. Yazen has no choice but to make an escape, leaving Resshin behind, which he is occupied with Shinsuke.

Even after Resshin is worn down of his bandages, Shinsuke still doesn't relent and bares it with him through fists, which he claimed victory after the former not being able to support his tailsman body, the revenge for Shakugan is only partially fulfilled. With Taizan on the move, Rinzu's soul-calling works to the Mountain Goddess katawara, which is a rather magnificent display of power.

Still, Yazen and Kuzunoha are like Jinka and Tama...and the finale battle for the arc beckons.
Mar 27, 1:40 PM

Feb 2019
Wait, I just noticed the MAL page shows 13 episodes for this now. I thought it was going to be like 25 or was that just an error originally?

Either way, great episode. Jinka and Douren’s fight ending was as intense as you could hope for. Jinka getting another tail was a cool twist and those mysterious hooded figures walking in during the fight reminded me a lot of the whispers from FF7.. lot of respect between both Jinka and Douren, even if Jinka won’t say it out loud. In another life, they could’ve been friends.

Tama’s mom honestly acts less mature than her. I wasn’t expecting that personality from her lol. No wonder Yazen fell for her though, she is gorgeous and alluring.

Shinsuke vs Barry was dope as well. His final attack once he mastered his sword was awesome and the Shaku vision he had during it broke my heart 💔 man I still can’t believe she’s gone. Good that Shinsuke gonna stick around though and see the journey through till the end.

Fitting that the final battle of this cour is Tama and Jinka vs Kuznoha and Yazen with the addition of some giant mountain Kaijus? Definitely getting crazy here at the end but I’m all for it lol. Mountain God’s entrance was so fire.

EDIT: so it’s 37 eps but they’re non consecutive I’m guessing? Makes sense if RZ S3 is in October.
Marinate1016Mar 27, 2:09 PM
Mar 27, 1:43 PM

Apr 2022
Guess it wouldn't be real Japanese action, if there wasn't a giant robot fight...

Mar 27, 1:46 PM

Feb 2011
Great episode. Tama is so cute in human form.

Jinka got used a supernova, Frieza would be proud.

solid episode.

Mar 27, 1:50 PM
Jan 2023
Marinate1016 said:
Wait, I just noticed the MAL page shows 13 episodes for this now. I thought it was going to be like 25 or was that just an error originally?

Either way, great episode. Jinka and Douren’s fight ending was as intense as you could hope for. Jinka getting another tail was a cool twist and those mysterious hooded figures walking in during the fight reminded me a lot of the whispers from FF7.. lot of respect between both Jinka and Douren, even if Jinka won’t say it out loud. In another life, they could’ve been friends.

Tama’s mom honestly acts less mature than her. I wasn’t expecting that personality from her lol. No wonder Yazen fell for her though, she is gorgeous and alluring.

Shinsuke vs Barry was dope as well. His final attack once he mastered his sword was awesome and the Shaku vision he had during it broke my heart 💔 man I still can’t believe she’s gone.

37 episodes total, we just don't know if it's consecutive or split. We'll learn next week.
Mar 27, 1:53 PM

Feb 2019
InNeedOfAName said:
Marinate1016 said:

Shinsuke vs Barry was dope as well. His final attack once he mastered his sword was awesome and the Shaku vision he had during it broke my heart 💔 man I still can’t believe she’s gone.

37 episodes total, we just don't know if it's consecutive or split. We'll learn next week.

That’s what I thought. Knew I wasn’t crazy
Mar 27, 2:03 PM
Jan 2024
I don't see how the rating is continuously dropping as people actually watching the episodes seem to love them. Whoever's rating bombing this show has no life or tastes apparently.
Shiraori247Mar 27, 4:33 PM
Mar 27, 4:51 PM

Sep 2015
Not Barry's body literally falling apart only for Tama to carefully announce that "he's dead" XD XD
Mar 27, 5:09 PM
Oct 2019
Wow what an episode!! this episode flew by like it was 5 mins.
Jinka vs Douren & Shinsuke vs Barry!!

what the f is those mysterious hood people walking by? it has to be something deeper to the plot.

Damn like you can feel the emotion from Shinsuke screaming after defeating Barry...
It hurts man.

and of couse he can do Spirit Transformation as well, why i didn't realize this before lol

Part 1 Finale next week, Jinka vs Yazen!!
Mar 27, 5:12 PM

Jun 2016
Reply to AhmedJafar1
Not Barry's body literally falling apart only for Tama to carefully announce that "he's dead" XD XD
@AhmedJafar1 her heartless remarks are always pure gold, they get me everytime, and Takada Yuuki is doing an excellent job in the portraying of the character.
Mar 27, 6:08 PM

Sep 2011
Gonna be real annoyed if this ends up being three split cours and it kills what little hype the series has.\

Need more Mountain Goddess in my life
Mar 27, 7:05 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Good episode, sad to see it end next week, but I’d much rather have them put all their resource, time and money into RZ s3 over this. Not to say this is a bad series, but it doesn’t compare to RZ IMHO.
Mar 27, 8:32 PM

Jul 2008
HA! THE CASTLE DOES MOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 28, 12:10 AM

Dec 2018
Good riddance, Barry. Mountain mech battle...
Mar 28, 7:28 AM
Oct 2022
Reply to BitChilly
@HajimeNozomiUwU No it’s not because of his growth, it’s for a different reason.
@BitChilly He was awesome in the manga. In the anime he is still a wimp at this point.
Mar 28, 7:29 AM
Oct 2022
Reply to Shiraori247
I don't see how the rating is continuously dropping as people actually watching the episodes seem to love them. Whoever's rating bombing this show has no life or tastes apparently.
@Shiraori247 Re:Zero fans
Mar 28, 7:34 AM

Jan 2018
Bruh. Jinka literally put his hand in his brain. That was weird af.

Arabuki is like Thor's hammer. It can make Shinsuke fly. That's kinda cool.

That asshole Barry is finally dead. If that was his body, he lived a pretty miserable life. Good thing Shinsuke/Takekichi put him out of his misery.

Damn. The next episode is actually hype af. Jinka and Tama vs spiritually transformed Yazen with Tama's mother sounds like it's going to be a great fight.

I am surprised how there was no CGI that I could spot in this episode. Most anime would resort to using CGI in these types of fight scenes with giant monsters. So glad White Fox didn't do that. It also gives me hope for Re:ZERO Season 3.

Speaking of which, I guess since Re:ZERO is returning in October, Sengoku Youko won't have 3 consecutive cours after all. That's a bit disappointing. I was pretty excited for 3 consecutive cours because that's pretty rare these days. But if that means Re:ZERO and the future cours of Sengoku Youko will look great then it's probably a fair tradeoff.

Only one episode left for this cour which I guess will air in April. Wonder when the other two cours will drop.
Mar 28, 7:37 AM

Jan 2018
Reply to RealLotto
@RealLotto I doubt this has anything to do with Re:Zero fans. Most of them don't even know this anime exists.

Shiraori247 said:

People just watched 2 or 3 episodes, dropped the show, and left their ratings. Happens all the time. The rating will likely change once the show ends and people who actually watched it leave their ratings.
Mar 28, 9:13 AM
Jan 2024
Reply to 0451
@RealLotto I doubt this has anything to do with Re:Zero fans. Most of them don't even know this anime exists.

Shiraori247 said:

People just watched 2 or 3 episodes, dropped the show, and left their ratings. Happens all the time. The rating will likely change once the show ends and people who actually watched it leave their ratings.
@0451 The problem isn't that the rating remained low, but that it's falling lol. If you were right, then the people who hated the premise wouldn't even be changing or affecting the overall ratings of the show at this point. Yet it continues to fall.
Mar 28, 9:15 AM
Mar 2015
our bois took down the 2 monsters and the mountain goddess took down yazen
Mar 29, 3:14 PM

Aug 2018
The visuals were especially amazing this episode, White Fox is back.
mawawileMar 29, 3:22 PM
Mar 29, 3:20 PM

Aug 2018
Reply to RealLotto
@RealLotto Most Re:zero fans going out of their way to seek this show out are actually rooting for White Fox. We want to see a nice production, which it is.

To be clear I'm also enjoying it for what it is. It's really good and should be rated higher.
mawawileMar 29, 3:24 PM
Mar 30, 3:41 AM

Oct 2010
"they"'re here alright, I was so hyped up for the fight that "their" appearance took me by surprise
Mar 30, 10:27 PM
May 2019
This is one of the best episodes of the series so far, it was fun, deep and interesting at the right times. Very good ep, very good season
Mar 31, 12:32 PM
Aug 2023
Wait i got a question why its written that it is only 13 episodes? Isnt it supposed to be 37 episode?? Or am i wrong can any kne tell?
Mar 31, 12:33 PM
Aug 2023
guys can i ask a question? its written that it only has 13 episodes isnt it supposed to be 37 ? or am i wrong can anyone tell me?
Apr 1, 12:23 PM
Jan 2023
Medhat-Sama said:
guys can i ask a question? its written that it only has 13 episodes isnt it supposed to be 37 ? or am i wrong can anyone tell me?

It's 37 episodes total but we don't know if it's split or consecutive. We'll see when the next episode drops.
Apr 2, 9:47 PM

Jun 2015
I can't believe how underrated this anime is. I might just write a review for this! This is insane. Outrageous!
Read Toriko!
Apr 2, 9:49 PM

Jun 2015
Reply to phantomfandom
@phantomfandom What are you talking about? Did you watch the same episode I did? Only one person died in this episode and it was a piece of shit that deserved to die!
Read Toriko!
Apr 3, 10:33 AM

Jul 2021
I wasn't expecting Barry to just fall apart like that. Grotesque.

So he was just some meat held together with talismans? What a cool idea.

Of course, this episode was such a fun series of cool ideas. A sword that flies, specifically because the swordsman is so weak. Castle mecha. Summoning a mountain. Another couple that can do spirit transformation (yeah, why should Tama and Jinka be the only ones?).
Apr 6, 5:42 PM
Mar 2019
Jinka gets the win and Yazun attempts to flee.
Scary Goddess power.
Apr 7, 6:18 AM
Mar 2019
This anime took its sweet time to get to the exciting parts. Happy to stick around to see it. It's going to be an explosive finale to the first cour. Looking forward to it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sengoku Youko Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 21

82 by NirvashX1 »»
May 26, 8:03 AM

» Low score

TheRealRouges - May 18

9 by KayKimii »»
May 18, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Sengoku Youko Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 28

35 by wildhood »»
May 17, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Sengoku Youko: Yonaoshi Kyoudai-hen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Apr 3

65 by Sugram22 »»
May 8, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Sengoku Youko Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 24

41 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 13, 4:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.