Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 9:32 AM

Nov 2011
Cyan is almost like a completely different person...so strange.

Naomi and Rouge's journey continues across the worlds although it feels a bit awkward with Cyan tagging along. Rouge just couldn't leave her alone though. Cyan now adores Rouge as a "sister", kinda cute but again, awkward since their recent history.
Mar 13, 10:33 AM
Sep 2015
"The calm before the storm" episode.
Mar 13, 10:34 AM

Feb 2021
If I'm getting this right, Cyan was made just recently by the puppeteer with Rouge's data he got some episodes back? If I'm correct, then she also isn't a part of Immortal Nine.
I feel bad for Eden, it's tough seeing him losing all his precious memories :(
Nice episode.
Mar 13, 10:43 AM
Jul 2023
So the proto-neans were basically a bunch of children running around with dangerous weapons seeking purpose in life after Dr.Eva died. fitting that childish trait is strong on them since that possibly what the Visitor view on humanity.

Cyan 180 personality not surprising since she basically a few weeks old.

Now that the basic character stuff explained, back to the story. It seems like the Visitor have a backup plan of sort. Wonder what will happen next episode.
Mar 13, 10:57 AM

Feb 2019
LMAOO cyan doesn’t bathe?? Man she stole the show in this one. Naomi bullying her had me dying. Her calling Naomi the mean old neighbour lady.. just a hilarious dynamic. Rogue got herself a little sister now and that comes with big responsibility

If she was just created a few weeks ago it’s no wonder she acts like a little kid. Some more lore about the proto neans and how they themselves were basically lost children running around looking for purpose after Dr.Eva’s death.

Final battle coming soon.. it’ll be interesting seeing everything play out with the visitors, neans, humans etc.
Marinate1016Mar 13, 11:21 AM
Mar 13, 10:59 AM

Mar 2021
Cyan was such a cutie this episode.
Mar 13, 12:48 PM

Sep 2023
I really enjoyed seeing the dynamics between the characters in Rouge's party, and learning about the family dynamic that the Immortal Nine used to have with their creators. I have a feeling that Gene is a creation of the Usurpers like Naomi is a creation of the Visitors. I still don't know what the Puppetmaster's role is in everything, but I guess we'll find out in the coming episodes.
Mar 13, 1:36 PM

Feb 2014
With every new episode I feel this will end up being Bones' Takt Op. Destiny. Last episode will be them basically promoting a mobile game and there won't be a sequel for this.
Mar 13, 1:56 PM

May 2019
With Cyan as powerful as she is I was hoping that Naomi would've tried to bring her to their side rather than ostracizing her but I understand that she can't be fully trusted especially with her hearing voices in her head.

With them now approaching Venus I'm looking forward to watching how their battle will play out.
Mar 13, 1:59 PM
Jul 2017
Reply to curvedtree
With every new episode I feel this will end up being Bones' Takt Op. Destiny. Last episode will be them basically promoting a mobile game and there won't be a sequel for this.
@curvedtree You couldn't have said it better, the only thing is that I don't think the gacha part will happen, but who knows at this point I wouldn't be surprised
Mar 13, 2:03 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Reply to curvedtree
curvedtree said:

If that happens, it will be very disappointing, all the more when before it aired, I was expecting this to fall more into Lycoris Recoil levels of quality...
Mar 13, 2:09 PM

Sep 2022
Even though I couldn't give less of a shit about the nean family lore, I actually really liked the 'daycare' aspect of this episode. Up until now I found the relationship between Rogue and 'First' to be lackluster, but with Cyan's newtype like autism thrown in the mix, they have a much more fun dynamic. I don't like too many cooks in the kitchen, but maybe I'd be more invested in the characters motives if we'd had this baka-trio from the start. Not the worst episode, a good one, but it should've come earlier.
I'm the sonny boy ( ̄y▽, ̄)╭
Mar 13, 2:36 PM
Jan 2024
good episode, the last episodes seem considerably better to me than the first ones
Mar 13, 5:41 PM
May 2017
Very good episode! Cyan being herself. She, Naomi and Rouge together is a girl, her friend and her little sister if the three were not Neans... does it make a difference? We are well inside the sentient beings' territory. The calm before the storm...
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Mar 13, 6:55 PM

Oct 2022
What even is this anime now? The last episode info dumped its entire plot by trying to explain the Naeans/Immortal9 and look Naomi is Naean and was all along... the constant mystery boxes and then random reveals... like mystery boxes are okay if the audience can actually follow what's going on and figure things out, but in this it seems like one ass-pull after another.. I'm lost

Cliffhanger ending with- ooh potential for a space battle. But it's going to be a battle between two factions whose motivations are so jumbled now I don't even have anything invested. The show still looks good, and the soundtrack is great. But it's totally lost its momentum
Mar 13, 8:01 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to SuperAdventure
What even is this anime now? The last episode info dumped its entire plot by trying to explain the Naeans/Immortal9 and look Naomi is Naean and was all along... the constant mystery boxes and then random reveals... like mystery boxes are okay if the audience can actually follow what's going on and figure things out, but in this it seems like one ass-pull after another.. I'm lost

Cliffhanger ending with- ooh potential for a space battle. But it's going to be a battle between two factions whose motivations are so jumbled now I don't even have anything invested. The show still looks good, and the soundtrack is great. But it's totally lost its momentum
SuperAdventure said:
What even is this anime now?

It's a CGDCT/family drama this time around, I guess.

It's as if they just had a huge brainstorming session for the anniversary project, kept all of that lore, split up the pieces to different episodes, and gave the episode directors a one-word cue. And none of the teams spoke to each other.

Ep 1. Blade Runner noir, Nean oppression
Ep 2. Martian roadtrip, fight mercenaries and giant war machines
Eps 3-4. Depressing Nean slums and resistance movement
Ep 5. The Puppetmaster and hair girl, messing with memories
Ep 6. Serial killer on a cruise ship, dog-punching wild goose chase
Ep 7. Espionage and political maneuvering, arrest and break out
Ep 8. Big Code Eve revelation, big Immortal Nine fight
Ep 9. Aliens and Naomi revelation, Venus

I found the latest episode especially frustrating, and I have very little hope all of this will mean anything in the end...
Mar 13, 8:55 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Cyan being a completely different person is a little weird. I’m happy she’s not trying to kill Rouge anymore though. Seems like this is the episode before all the big stuff goes down. Will see how the next couple episodes play out
Mar 13, 9:15 PM
Oct 2019
The Last Supper Nean edition: Chocolate 🍫
Mar 13, 11:51 PM

Dec 2018
Am I the only one that finds this show increasingly boring as it goes on?
Mar 14, 11:20 AM
Apr 2021
Haha Cyan is so funny yet cute she acts the way she acts since she was just made a few weeks ago from the puppeteer dude, her constant bickering with Naomi was so joke’s especially when Naoki was chasing her around the table to make her take a shower LMAO I did not know my girl STANK STANK😭😭😭

Brooo what is with the puppeteer dude? I swear this guy gotta be the most mysterious ambiguous character I’ve ever seen in a while tbh bro has me questioning wtf he’s tryna accomplish🤔

I see a lot of y’all not paying attention to the story and I understand that it might be hard to understand key words but just go to the metallic rouge website and translate the page to English and read the description of all the key words that you don’t understand😁
Treyv0nMar 14, 11:25 AM
Mar 14, 1:00 PM

Jul 2017
Jet Black Noir may have lost his id, but at the very least, he, along with Ash, Naomi and Rouge are on the way to Venus, albeit with Cyan going missing...or rather, sleeping in Naomi's Antiphaser weapon carriage, and seemingly gone through a reboot or something.

Losing the Antiphaser was a very critical tool to diverge the Gladiators of their forms, and what Cyan could remember from her memories, it's the Puppetmaster or Rouge herself, which she is now resigned to playing games with the latter with her drawing their family portrait. On the other hand, the human Puppetmaster only follows the dreams of the Usurpers and the Alters who are looking to help improve the lives of Neans on Venus, and that's valid on a point as well. The thing is, once the Gladiators lost their ids, they're forced back to a childish state, remembering their tragic pasts like Eden, and totally forgetting everything like Cyan.

A "calm before the storm" episode, and when everything comes crashing on Venus, the war against the Alters and Usurpers will begin.
Mar 14, 1:57 PM
Mar 2015
lots of reflection on family before big battle
Mar 14, 6:11 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
I really don't know if the dialogue was this bad at the beginning and I just didn't realize it but man is this just childish. You're meaning to tell me this girl that appeared out of nowhere to kill Rouge can now freely act like a 5yo and throw a tantrum as if nothing happened? What does this character add at all? I'm sorry but I'm quite annoyed at her inclusion.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Mar 14, 6:56 PM

Jul 2012
Reply to StateofOhayo
Am I the only one that finds this show increasingly boring as it goes on?
@StateofOhayo Nope. This is at this point one of the worst shows I have ever seen and Bone's should be embarrassed to have their name on this. Not a SINGLE likable character in the whole show. Everyone is either obnoxious as fuck and or stupid. It feels like every single character as well as the director were given lobotomies.
Mar 14, 8:07 PM

Jan 2011
Reply to Marinate1016
LMAOO cyan doesn’t bathe?? Man she stole the show in this one. Naomi bullying her had me dying. Her calling Naomi the mean old neighbour lady.. just a hilarious dynamic. Rogue got herself a little sister now and that comes with big responsibility

If she was just created a few weeks ago it’s no wonder she acts like a little kid. Some more lore about the proto neans and how they themselves were basically lost children running around looking for purpose after Dr.Eva’s death.

Final battle coming soon.. it’ll be interesting seeing everything play out with the visitors, neans, humans etc.
@Marinate1016 I have a feeling this one is going to fly under the radar. :( It's so good in my opinion along with Ninja Kamui.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Mar 14, 9:20 PM

Jul 2008
Does anyone else feel like we are missing scenes each episode? IDK why every episode feels so fragmented and we are skipping ahead.
Mar 15, 5:49 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Bro nothing happens. Do something like episode 2. I'm very disappointed.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Mar 15, 5:50 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
WolfWood37 said:
Does anyone else feel like we are missing scenes each episode? IDK why every episode feels so fragmented and we are skipping ahead.

yes same feeling. Maybe because it is original.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Mar 15, 3:12 PM

Jul 2016
Surprising. They made Rouge's "sister" even more unbearable than she already was before.
Mar 15, 3:37 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Lmao suddenly Cyan become like that. Idk what's on director mind when directing this but dude seriously shocking me, especially with that 'reason'. Naomi was just so representative on me feeling smh i do really wanna activate the Cold Equations to her.

Well the dialogue seems like being forced but at least they are trying hard to show calm before the storm. Family portrait, huh? By how the dialogue presented i might have a feeling the puppetmaster actually Eva husband. But still no clue why he wasn't in the whole picture of the family portrait all the immortal nice talking about. Not even Gene, not even Eden. Perhaps that's what Eden realizes about something missing?

I might write nonsense there. But since this episode already hilarious on their own way, I'll take this as a last feast.

Onto the next one....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 15, 5:46 PM
Apr 2022
oh, naomi feels jealous of family relationship? that's a bit sympathetic. then what does she do? be an insufferable bitch about it to Cyan, talking about 'real' family and acting dismissive. what a likeable character she is
Mar 16, 9:03 AM
Sep 2021
So immortal nine's past as a family was presented this time & the time is nearing for the final battle.
Mar 19, 10:07 PM

Feb 2016
Boring episode tbh. Calm before the storm / 10.
Cyan is whatever the fuck. Sometimes cute sometimes annoying
Dunno why Naomi being such a twat to her...not very smart to shit talk someone that can cook you smh.
Seriously just along for the ride at this point because only three episodes left.

P.S The Immortal Nines memories are probably fake as fuck and are implanted
Apr 3, 1:41 PM

Oct 2017
Way to destroy Cyan's character, I mean she's adorable like this but I liked the cool version more. Though she prolly ain't gonna survive this anyway so. Unless Rouge dies ofc. They weaved in some backstory in between for the immortal nine which didn't amount to much.
Apr 3, 9:52 PM

Mar 2007
Is it just me or is anyone else annoyed by the addition of Cyan Bluestar who is simping on Rouge who she considers a big sister that she just wants to "play" with? I mean this is supposed to be the "perfect" superior version of Rouge physically, and yet, both of them are pretty immature, mentally.

Poor Naomi, and kudos to Bashal (who used to be a father) for figuring out how to get Cyan to take a bath!

The story is moving way too slowly for me, so the show is being hard carried by its snimation.
Apr 30, 1:49 PM

Aug 2019
Just a chill episode
May 20, 12:10 PM

Feb 2012
Finding a girl in a small box, classic sci-fi trope.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022

More topics from this board

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 27

39 by DisposableHeroB »»
Jun 2, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7

100 by red1130 »»
May 29, 4:06 PM

» Is bones Studio still a big studio ?

Badrkate - Apr 28

23 by tanjim_ahsan16 »»
May 28, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 3

110 by Deviiilchan »»
May 24, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10

235 by ICEE_BR »»
May 18, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.