Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Izumo's form in this episode is super aggressive and frightening. Experiments can truly change a person. At least she fiinally got a moment with her mother.

This arc imo has been the most emotional one from the franchise yet. Just crazy how much shit went down from Renzou's betrayal to Izumo's character past and events that happens in the present. Gedouin turned into an abomination...not that I'm even surprised at this point. Cruelest character of the franchise. Truly, Izumo got the most development and storytelling this season.
Mar 9, 8:00 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 9, 8:20 AM

Dec 2021
Izumo didn't realize it, but she has friends who really care about her. Don't worry Tamamo, she's in good hands.

Under the control of Nine Tails, Izumo struggles to summon help while the demon's power consumes her. Rin responds to Izumo's plea, banishes the possessed creature, and confronts Gedoin. Confused and agitated by the unforeseen turn of events, Gedoin sends more zombies to stall Rin and the others. As Yukio and the group rush to retaliate, Izumo begins to succumb to Nine Tails' madness, losing control over herself. Thankfully, Tamamo comes up with a plan to make the nine tails come back to her once again.

I was hoping for something like this: Rin using his "authority" as Satan's son to quiet the Nine Tails inside Izumo. I thought Izumo would eventually control the Nine Tails, but that only happens in Naruto, lol. Gedoin was already ugly, but he got worse after being possessed. Izumo looked cute while chanting. Izumo still struggles to express her feelings. I'm really enjoying Tsukumo's part though; she's happy with her new family, but she doesn't remember Izumo anymore lol. I knew that would happen. Seeing Paku and Izumo reunite made me tear up. It's nice to see all the guys from last season back after defeating Gedoin. This is probably the most emotional episode, a mix of happy and sad feelings. I'm not ready for this season to end in 2 weeks; I've enjoyed it so far.

Sharing tears with friends brings happiness... <3

Mar 9, 10:20 AM

Feb 2021
Everyone from season 2 hell yeah!
Didn't expect things to wrap up this episode, but ahhhh, this was a satisfying end. So much sweet character development for Izumo. RIP Tama-chan.
But yeeaaahhhh, there is still this whole thing with Illuminati wanting to fuse Gehenna and Assiah together and Gedoin got away with Shima, so things are very far from over. We only have 2 episodes left now, so I'm hoping for a sequel announcement after this ends.
Mar 9, 10:34 AM
Feb 2024
Reply to Embient
Everyone from season 2 hell yeah!
Didn't expect things to wrap up this episode, but ahhhh, this was a satisfying end. So much sweet character development for Izumo. RIP Tama-chan.
But yeeaaahhhh, there is still this whole thing with Illuminati wanting to fuse Gehenna and Assiah together and Gedoin got away with Shima, so things are very far from over. We only have 2 episodes left now, so I'm hoping for a sequel announcement after this ends.
@Embient Yeah if u see like they are covering 2-3 chapters per episode, to my speculations they would extend the next episode beyond chapter 65 and next to next near chapter 67.. either we might get a cour or a new season.. Idk But really happy!
Mar 9, 10:41 AM
Dec 2014
Good episode, quite emotional, but the CG is very ugly.
Mar 9, 10:42 AM

Dec 2015
Great to see Izumo grow as a character. But darn her sister grown up and can't remember her. Surely she's wondering why does this girl have my face and my doll. Even calling her big sis was kind of heart breaking.

Well hopefully when all this defeating Satan stuff is over, she can go back and see her. But knowing Izumo, she probably won't due to the life Tsukumo is living now.
Mar 9, 11:32 AM
Sep 2015
I believe there's happy ending waiting at the end of the tunnel, but not everyone can reach the end of the tunnel.
Mar 9, 12:47 PM

Jun 2017
Izumo's arc was beautifully wrapped up, even though it was bittersweet that her sister forgot her but she accepted it and moved on.
Mar 9, 12:55 PM
Jan 2017
It was satisfying to see Gedoin get what he deserved. Personally I thought it would be much worse. Sad episode overall, tried very hard not to cry.
Mar 9, 1:36 PM
Dec 2013
"Who are you?" Yes, who is this older girl who looks a lot like me. In fact, YOU LOOK EXACTLY HER! Has she never looked in a mirror? The thought of saying to Izumo that she noticed that she looks like her didn't cross her mind at all? Or later realising "oh, come to think of it, that girl looked a bit like me"? Clearly, she thinks she looks nothing like her (when she obviously does), otherwise she would've said something. She's not very bright, is she? And she really has no recollection of having an older sister in the past, huh? She just forgot her because she was too young to remember, and treats her like a complete stranger, calls her "big sister" because she is a girl that is older than her, and not in the because-she's-my-sibling way. Well, Izumo finally reunites with her younger sister (who she has apparently been concerned about nonstop for the past 5 years, which is basically the reason she has been an asshole to everyone) and was probably expecting her to instantly recognise her, and disappointed that she didn't, and she decided to not tell her that she's her older sister. Oh, if only her younger sister was a bit older before getting separated, she might've recognised her. But seriously, does Izumo plan to NEVER tell her that they're sisters? Because that's what it looks like to me. And does this mean that Izumo's going to stop being an asshole now?

Oh, Izumo's mum died too? Whatever. She was suddenly an asshole to her kids because of a stupid jackass man that she liked more than her kids. As if I'd feel sad about her death.

Also, 2 episodes left, then we have to wait another 7 years for the 4th season! That's the pattern, it seems. I still can't believe that the 1st season aired back in 2011, and we're only in the 3rd season! 13 years later! And IMO, the 1st and 3rd seasons are the only good seasons so far too.
wildhoodMar 23, 5:41 PM
Mar 9, 2:52 PM

Sep 2023
Whenever someone is hurt, no matter how badly, Shiemi be like:
Mar 9, 3:43 PM
Dec 2023
I have to say that I have a lot to say about this episode.

Firstly, I have to say that I was a little disappointed by the final battle. I'd have liked it to have been a bit more elaborate, especially the demonic aspect of Gedoiin.

Nevertheless, despite the series' minor shortcomings, I have to say that I was quite simply charmed by this 3rd season. Whether through its atmosphere, its music (thank you Sawano and Kohta for these splendid OSTs), its story or even and above all its character development, this 3rd season was a rather lovely message of love to the sublime manga that is Blue Exorcist. I won't say much about the story itself, to avoid spoilers for others.

Even so, I'll miss it terribly. Seeing the whole anime animate after so many years brought back my childhood memories and plunged me back into that wonderful era. And it saddens me to know that this sumptuous journey will come to an end in 2 weeks' time. But as we say, "all good things must come to an end". And I hope it will only be this season. Even if we have to wait a while, we, all Blue Exorcist fans, hope from the bottom of our hearts to be able to see this little gang again in the near future.
Mar 9, 4:29 PM

Sep 2015
The last few minutes were beautiful. But everything before that felt so rushed. I haven't read the manga, but even I could tell this adaptation could have been way better. I am now curious to see what they are going to do in the final 2 episodes.
Mar 9, 4:56 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
The arc of this episode seems to be coming to an end, which sorta felt…incomplete? Well there is still Lucifer and Shima to address so…

I feel bad for the mother. She didn’t treat her kids right before she got captured, but she didn’t deserve to be tortured that way. :( RIP

Tsukumo you’re the spitting image of your sister 😭 how could you not see that? I hope Izumo uses the key again

Bon should leave his hair down more 👌
Mar 9, 6:22 PM
Nov 2019
siapa naroh bawang di eps ini
My Candies :
Mar 9, 7:04 PM
Mar 2022
I really liked this episode it was emotional, thrilling, there was action, what more could you ask for. This season is really holding strong and I hope there will at least be another
Mar 9, 7:47 PM
Nov 2022
saddy sad sad saddy
Mar 9, 7:56 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to MistyBlue
The arc of this episode seems to be coming to an end, which sorta felt…incomplete? Well there is still Lucifer and Shima to address so…

I feel bad for the mother. She didn’t treat her kids right before she got captured, but she didn’t deserve to be tortured that way. :( RIP

Tsukumo you’re the spitting image of your sister 😭 how could you not see that? I hope Izumo uses the key again

Bon should leave his hair down more 👌
@MistyBlue

2 episodes to go and it seems we are nowhere further really with the story other than Shima betraying them.
Mar 10, 1:06 AM
Feb 2024
Reply to AhmedJafar1
The last few minutes were beautiful. But everything before that felt so rushed. I haven't read the manga, but even I could tell this adaptation could have been way better. I am now curious to see what they are going to do in the final 2 episodes.
@AhmedJafar1 actually its the same in manga maybe it felt rushed because half of it was a slide show
Mar 10, 6:50 AM
Mar 2013
Poor Izumo, her sister not remembering her really sucks. But I am so glad that Uke and Mike aren't gone, her growth this season has been amazing.
Mar 10, 8:00 AM

Jun 2016
best arc for izumo character development !!
Mar 10, 10:44 AM

Nov 2011
nice resolution of this arc.
cannot believe only 2 eps left...
Mar 10, 10:56 AM
Feb 2024
I'm Crying :( poor Izumo, incredible episode.
Mar 10, 11:09 AM
Jul 2013
Tamamo's sacrifice and now Izumo changes his attitude.

•The end of the arc is quite cliché, really; well at least this part.

But this part, here yes. 💔💔💔

That Tsukumo didn't remember Izumo, after so long, really screwed me up; I felt the tears of my eyebrows on my skin. 😢

• But I'm glad he finally stopped repressing his emotions.
Mar 10, 11:23 AM

Dec 2018
Really heartfelt episode through and through, and fairly well done
Mar 10, 1:45 PM
Apr 2017
Just pain and pain
Mar 10, 2:29 PM
May 2019
Good and emotional arc, definitely the best arc yet although I have some problems cuz the 9 tails stuff felt resolved way too quickly. In fact I wasn’t expect Izumo’s story to end this episode so a bit rushed.

Plus sorry to say, but there wasn’t any good fight scenes this arc, like Studio Voln obviously isn’t on the level of A-1 Pictures but I was expecting a little more from the animation instead of just seeing still shots of finishing blows for the fight scenes and nothing in between….like it looked like a slide show.

Also Izumo’s sister was 3 when they got separated but surely she be thinking ‘this girl looks VERY similar to me’ lol
Even after Izumo gave her the doll and I was like yes remember her but nothing and then after Izumo left they cut back to Tsukumo, again I hoping Tsukumo would suddenly remember who she was but instead she just said ‘who was that girl’.
Oh well, at least she’s safe and sound.
FatedForeverMar 16, 2:10 PM
Mar 10, 4:25 PM

Feb 2017
man i was holding back tears at the end there. it was so nice to see tsukumo alive and well but it was heartbreaking that she doesn't remember izumo. so izumo didn't only lose her mother, but her sister as well. i get the impression that izumo isn't going to try to reconnect with her sister, but i'm hoping maybe her sister will seek her out?

anyways should i be frustrated at an 8 year old for not drawing any conclusion about this girl who shows up at her house who looks exactly like her and gave her a toy that she misplaced

placeholder text
Mar 11, 1:44 AM

Dec 2008
Great arc, so that painfully cruel voyage paid off in the end, not much what I would consider as happy end though.
At least the girl survived the evil experiments and was returned to safety/hospital.

I cried for the most part of the episode, something was sweet and a lot was bitter for Izumo.
Nine Tails is an asshole of a god! It was sad to see the mother kick the bucket at such an age.

In the end reinforcements appeared, after the big monster was defeated, I wonder if they will clean the location from Illuminati,
seems like a very small business they have in this episode, they have crazy scientist branch and a half dead Lucifer. Yay! letser go!

Izumo got a little reward maybe she can hang out with her sister in the future, although the first meeting didn't turn out like desired.
It's a weird family history they have there.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 5:18 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Both sad and heartwarming, RIP Izumo's mother... still good to see that her sister is still alive and living well even though she forgot about her, and that her fox spirits are back
Mar 11, 9:18 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
They finally saved Izumo, she reunited with her sister and loves that she is happy, but it hurts to know that her sister doesn’t remember her. Maybe in time she will remember. Wonder how they will close out this season.
Mar 11, 9:49 PM

Feb 2016
I LOVED HOW THIS EPISODE ENDED, but I hate how it started, for being such an important action-packed 1st half it felt like it was at 200% speed, everything went so fast, and Kamiki's mother being able to do that dance being in the blink of death was total shit.
I also hate that they never fought Shima like bro HE IS BAD, HE DID ALL THIS SHIT AND EVEN SAVED THAT FAT BASTARD, WHAT MORE REASONS DO U WANT, JUST FIGHT HIM ALREADY!!!, and the we were left with so many questions unanswered, like, the boss of the Illuminati was there, did they capture him or what?...

Anyways, now Kamik can finally be happy, best girl ❤️
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Mar 12, 7:36 AM
Jun 2007
This arc is ending? Felt like incomplete with two episodes left.
Izumo is finally back to "herself"
Mar 13, 4:40 AM

Dec 2010
The scene in the hospital was so real, while there are a ton of touching/emotional anime out there, these moments rarely feel like something happening between real people (as good as the may make us feel), but this is one of the few exceptions and it's probably why Ao no Exorcist always stays close to my heart (still not beating Tokyo Ravens.

The only reason I'm getting the sad feeling at this point is that next season will probably again take forever to come out.
Mar 13, 9:00 PM
Feb 2024
Reply to StallionXD
I LOVED HOW THIS EPISODE ENDED, but I hate how it started, for being such an important action-packed 1st half it felt like it was at 200% speed, everything went so fast, and Kamiki's mother being able to do that dance being in the blink of death was total shit.
I also hate that they never fought Shima like bro HE IS BAD, HE DID ALL THIS SHIT AND EVEN SAVED THAT FAT BASTARD, WHAT MORE REASONS DO U WANT, JUST FIGHT HIM ALREADY!!!, and the we were left with so many questions unanswered, like, the boss of the Illuminati was there, did they capture him or what?...

Anyways, now Kamik can finally be happy, best girl ❤️
@StallionXD Lol shima didnt save him lucifer going to kizaru the shit out of him Lol. Its not a spoiler because by the end of ep 11 geodin would be non -existent
Mar 13, 10:36 PM

Feb 2016
Reply to loveunique
@StallionXD Lol shima didnt save him lucifer going to kizaru the shit out of him Lol. Its not a spoiler because by the end of ep 11 geodin would be non -existent
@loveunique bro tries to hide a spoiler saying it is not, ok, thankfully I didn't fully read ur shit, fkng bot account
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Mar 14, 3:32 PM
Jul 2021
It was a good ep, albeit very rushed, and the animation was not holding up very well. It was literally a slideshow haha. But oh well, A-1 long abandoned this show in favor of Solo Leveling and Mashle. I liked Izumo’s development throughout this arc, and I hope she gets to use that form again later on.
Mar 15, 4:31 AM

Oct 2008
what an emotional OST piece by Sawano! it slaps!!!
5/5.

Mar 15, 8:53 PM
Dec 2014
Great and emotional episode.
Mar 19, 10:25 AM

Oct 2017
A mother will be a mother no matter what, she deserved so much better than this, damn fuck. Even Izumo who suffered so much for her sister and she doesn't even remember her anymore, that's just sad. Atleast she's alive and well. Hoping Izumo will get her happiness from here on. Happy to see the others again btw.
Mar 23, 1:48 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
It was cool and the tearful end was better...
...it was my imagination, but the end of the arc was finished hastily, because it seemed to me that there were jumps in the animation!

kekeke
Mar 25, 2:22 AM
Mar 2019
Izumo has come to her own. Too bad it was at the expense of losing her family relations in one form or another. That's life, I guess.
Apr 2, 9:08 PM

Mar 2007
The finalization of Izumo's character arc is here. Oh boy. The mom sacrifices herself to save Izumo. Mike and Uke are back! She defeats the evil guy. Her sister is safe and happy but does not "remember" her. Awww, I'm not crying you're crying. Well done, you got me good.
May 4, 3:19 AM
Aug 2015
Gedoin suddenly turned into final boss. That made me instantly remember about Persona 5 series.
Finally the battle is over. And Izumo's problem was resolved.
May 12, 8:58 AM
Oct 2007
Watching this on Mother's day does stir some sort of emotion in me!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 12, 2:15 PM

May 2020
Sorry, but I hate ungrateful characters, and Izumo comes under that bracket. So things might have ended in a not-so-happy way for her, I mean with her mother and her sister, but still can't bring myself to think positive about her.

By the way, great that fucking wuss of a doctor died. FINALLY.
Jun 2, 7:27 AM

Apr 2013
I can't believe they didn't even have the guts to kill that annoying professor off lol

More topics from this board

» Is it not that good?

RealNath - Apr 20

13 by ZaRRoK »»
Jun 6, 11:11 AM

» Izumo the most hated blue exorcist character??

Haklifesaver - Feb 21

43 by Gator »»
Jun 3, 3:06 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Shimane Illuminati-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 23

54 by Gator »»
Jun 3, 3:01 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Shimane Illuminati-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16

52 by Gator »»
Jun 3, 2:26 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Shimane Illuminati-hen Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2

40 by Gator »»
Jun 2, 7:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.