Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ishura
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 6:27 AM

Nov 2011
It seems no one can really come up with a peaceful solution to the fighting in the city. Oh well, it's another one of those chaotic episodes.

The suffering just won't end. The lighting imo was terrible this episode. I know it takes place at nighttime but christ, it just doesn't make the episode look good.
Mar 6, 6:28 AM

Dec 2021
Bruh, Mage City is toast.

While Mage City was being engulfed in flames, Elea the Red Tag searches for Lana the Moon Tempest, an intelligence agent working for the New Principality of Lithia, while Kia the World Word, accompanies her. Suspected by the Mage City guards and surrounded, they encounter Shalk the Sound Slicer. Meanwhile, Dakai the Magpie confronts the burial Helneten, which ravages the city streets. They quickly realize the significance of its "contents," but are forced to struggle against its strong armor.

That fight between Dakai and Helneten/Nihilo was intense. I was curious about Dakai's moves with the web, but got confused when it looked like a leg was cut off—it turned out to be a lamp post. I was rooting for Nihilo, but Dakai's adaptability won in the end. Even though Nihilo lost, Dakai's cleverness shone through.

And I thought Lana might face two Wyverns atop the tower with Curte.
IzanaSolosMar 6, 4:56 PM

Mar 6, 6:28 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 6, 7:02 AM

Feb 2021
13:10 This week's eyecatch:
Enchanted sword. Magic item.
Swords and tools imbued with powerful abilities. They are also vessels that have been transported from other worlds in order to contain powerful abilities, just like the Visitors.

Why are they calling demons (魔族, mazoku) "constructs"?
Ohhh damn, rip Nihilo. There are more characters dying in this than I expected.
Yesss she didn't kill Lana, thank you.
EmbientMar 6, 7:21 AM
Mar 6, 7:03 AM
Sep 2015
The introduction at the beginning of each episode give me the expectation that there'll be an arena fight like Record of Ragnarok, but all the fights so far are street fights.

I don't want to think too much about concept power like World Word but I do wonder what the extend, can it rewind time, can it revive dead people, but my guess is that it can only do what is physically possible (even if the possibility is near zero).
Mar 6, 7:12 AM
Aug 2020
Great episode

It’s more than just a fight.

I enjoyed the difficulties, i was wondering who was going to win this fight.

Even the last sequence was great.
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Mar 6, 7:46 AM

Mar 2021
Loved this episode the fight scenes are just perfect and the bit at the end with Lana about to destroy the city was so good.
Mar 6, 8:08 AM
Jun 2020
Isn't World Word too OP? The only one I see capable of defeating Kia without sneak attack is Nastique
Mar 6, 8:10 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
They killed off the waifu TwT
Mar 6, 8:19 AM

Jul 2020
Man, seriously, fuck this show. First Mandrake, the only memorable male character, died, and now they killed off the best girl. This is such bullshit
Mar 6, 9:05 AM
Nov 2022
This anime reminds me of Game of thrones in a way. It had a slow beginning showing all those characters but now the payoffs are hitting hard.
Mar 6, 9:56 AM

Jan 2015
Reply to ItzBeeM
This anime reminds me of Game of thrones in a way. It had a slow beginning showing all those characters but now the payoffs are hitting hard.
@ItzBeeM yep, exactly that. It's just first volume too, it gets even crazier in later volumes.
Mar 6, 9:59 AM

Jan 2015
Reply to phantomfandom
The introduction at the beginning of each episode give me the expectation that there'll be an arena fight like Record of Ragnarok, but all the fights so far are street fights.

I don't want to think too much about concept power like World Word but I do wonder what the extend, can it rewind time, can it revive dead people, but my guess is that it can only do what is physically possible (even if the possibility is near zero).
@phantomfandom tournament starts in volume 3. Obviously the characters who will be in the tournament are way stronger than those who died (Though there is also something about bad matchups.)
Mar 6, 10:51 AM
Jul 2021
Reply to Inexplicable
Man, seriously, fuck this show. First Mandrake, the only memorable male character, died, and now they killed off the best girl. This is such bullshit
@Inexplicable But Yuno is still alive
Mar 6, 12:24 PM

Apr 2011
Shame, Nihilo was kinda hot.
Mar 6, 2:06 PM

Feb 2019
Nooo why did Nilho have to get killed off 😢 best girl didn’t make it out of mage city alive, sigh. I thought she could’ve been the perfect candidate for a character development arc since her whole purpose for being rn is to pilot Ev… I mean the tarantula tank.

For a bandit, Dakai is crazy good in battle. His intuition is unmatched. Perfectly discerned Nilho’s weakness and even where she was most vulnerable. This is about the most beat up we’ve seen him at least. Something about that smirk on his face because he knows how strong he is just annoys me lol.

Nah there has to be a nerf for World Word because otherwise I really don’t see how anyone beats Kia lmao. She was literally able to stop the cold star beam mid air and just have it disperse. Literally mind shattering Lana in the process.

I mean you could theoretically slice her throat before she could talk, but couldn’t she just buff herself with that “protect me from all danger” casting prior to going out the house? Even the angel of death wouldn’t be able to get her then. It is a bit funny that she’s the kindest out of everyone we’ve seen so far despite being the most powerful.

Only two more episodes left.. this needed to be 24 imo 😩
Marinate1016Mar 6, 2:13 PM
Mar 6, 2:22 PM

Sep 2023
IzanaSolos said:
Lana the Moon Tempest, an intelligence agent working for the New Principality of Lithia

Wasn't she an agent from Aureatia, and that's exactly why Dakai arrested her?
Mar 6, 3:07 PM
Oct 2020
Great fight this episode with Dakai the bandit not swordsman against the hot spider girl Nihilo. Shame she died but it had to be done. She wouldn't have been able to do much in the tournament anyway. Still, the highlight of the episode could also be Kia displaying just how op she can be yet also a weakness where if an opponent is faster than she can speak she loses. She really is still op though with few being able to defeat her. You can only beat her with tricks, hax, or speed right now I think.
Mar 6, 3:24 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
well....

there goes the ONLY CHARACTER i gave a shit about...

....... lol
Mar 6, 3:47 PM

Jul 2015
Kia is too op man...
Mar 6, 6:42 PM
Jun 2020
OMG
Mar 6, 6:46 PM

Nov 2021
RIP mommy nihilo 😭😭😭
Mar 6, 7:37 PM
Apr 2021
NOOOOOOOO NKT MY GIRL NIHILO MAN IM SO FUCKING SAD ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY, I can’t bare to watch this show without Takahashi Rie she sounds so good exactly like Shino from girlfriend girlfriend, I’m hopi g she’s still alive since the narrator hasn’t announced her death yet like they did for Higuare☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️

The animation with this show goes hella hard tho it’s a shame this is going under the radar bc of ppl saying “tHerE’s a diFFeReNt MC eVeRy ePiSodE”🙄

Bro Kia’s word magic is actually insane like that power is so hax and I’m surprised Lana wasn’t killed by Elea, I always thought Elea had a ruthless dark side to her where she gets things done no matter how nice said person is😯
Treyv0nMar 6, 7:42 PM
Mar 6, 8:40 PM

May 2019
RIP Nihilo, another strong character down. Btw I'm not sure about Elea since she originally wanted to kill Lana and now that she has witnessed Kia's power firsthand Elea may still want to kill her although I know she has to do it without Kia noticing.
Mar 6, 8:54 PM
May 2016
Reply to TheLibrarian400
OMG
@TheLibrarian400 Hmmm... You got a point there bud
Mar 6, 10:13 PM
Oct 2016
Kia can be blitzed, she almost was by skeleton dude. I wanna see Soujirou have more fights tbh, he's my fav
Mar 7, 12:40 AM
Apr 2023
I said this in an earlier episode when Higuare died, but again it really is difficult to get attached with one particular character in this.
I guess it is better to watch this to invest instead on the lore and the conflicts of the factions instead, much like how one would read world history, like what happened during WWII. Yes, there are heroes and personalities involved, but in Ishura the real focus is the conflict itself and each character is just a progression point in that conflict.
Mar 7, 6:12 AM
Dec 2023
Ngl, for so long teased fights they feels kinda lacking
Mar 7, 6:45 AM
Jul 2023
Ishura loves to kill off its most interesting characters before they have a chance to do anything
Mar 7, 7:07 AM

Jun 2016
half episode wasted by that talking shit
Mar 7, 11:47 AM

Jun 2020
Reply to TheLibrarian400
OMG
@TheLibrarian400 Good point!
She's also a revenant (basically a flesh golem) so unless her core is destroyed, she should still be alive.
Mar 7, 4:30 PM
Feb 2024
Reply to NirvashX1
half episode wasted by that talking shit
@NirvashX1 I agree with you. and the character talking shit are all still alive in this show.
Mar 7, 4:42 PM
Feb 2024
This anime creates many interesting characters with their outfits and appearances. However, creating a powerful character like this elf was boring, and they are not interesting except for the character's powers. Consider Frieren, Marcille from Dungeon Meshi, and the ranger from Goblin Slayer; these elf character designs are interesting and memorable, even when compared to human characters from other stories. Yet, this elf still falls short in character design compared to all other stories.
Mar 7, 6:05 PM
Sep 2009
Reply to Marinate1016
Nooo why did Nilho have to get killed off 😢 best girl didn’t make it out of mage city alive, sigh. I thought she could’ve been the perfect candidate for a character development arc since her whole purpose for being rn is to pilot Ev… I mean the tarantula tank.

For a bandit, Dakai is crazy good in battle. His intuition is unmatched. Perfectly discerned Nilho’s weakness and even where she was most vulnerable. This is about the most beat up we’ve seen him at least. Something about that smirk on his face because he knows how strong he is just annoys me lol.

Nah there has to be a nerf for World Word because otherwise I really don’t see how anyone beats Kia lmao. She was literally able to stop the cold star beam mid air and just have it disperse. Literally mind shattering Lana in the process.

I mean you could theoretically slice her throat before she could talk, but couldn’t she just buff herself with that “protect me from all danger” casting prior to going out the house? Even the angel of death wouldn’t be able to get her then. It is a bit funny that she’s the kindest out of everyone we’ve seen so far despite being the most powerful.

Only two more episodes left.. this needed to be 24 imo 😩
@Marinate1016 The only ways I see her lose are cheats (since her power is a cheat), trickery or some kind of manipulation. And it's not limited to her power, she has what I call "the loli advantage". While the authors did kill basically a young university student, I doubt they dare to kill a loli - as people are mostly strongly opposed to child death. It would be a surprise to me if they did do it and I would tip my hat to them for the courage.

The way I see it, one way is she can die unexpectedly. Higuare had a good idea there but it was too late. Kia could be poisoned by her teacher.
But it's possible her buff to "not get hurt" could be going on eternally. In that case, speed, poisons or traps won't help. And there is always the loli advantage.

She could be tricked into saying something she doesn't mean - could you read this passage to me? Sure. "I want to die". But I think there must be the intent behind her words for it to work. And again, the loli advantage.

She could be manipulated or tricked into doing something she doesn't want to, for example by manipulating her into something by holding her teacher hostage. Or by making her believe her teacher is dead (but why wouldn't she say "no you lose" or equivalent in that case?). If that happens she could resign herself to being a hermit after. Or maybe she would say something like "I don't want to say another word ever again", for example after being tricked into killing. She would disappear from the story, but she wouldn't lose in the traditional sense. She would still be alive. And I doubt she would die after being defenceless - the advantage again.

There are also cheaty ways. She could also say something like "I want us to be somewhere safe" after being confronted with something cheaty. In the 1st episode, there is a mention of somebody who discovered another school of magic. It could be an antimagic field that could counter Kia.

Or maybe it could be "Isekai magic". Both here and in the "I want us to be somewhere safe" case, she could be teleported to the safe Japan in our world. And since words of power don't work here, she would end up trapped and left powerless.

Lastly, she could become the winner of the tournament but it'd be a little disappointing - there is no surprise in the cheat character winning. She can also discover her teacher to be manipulating her and she could just return to her village and protect it by saying "I want this village to be hidden". But both of those are disappointing and not that imaginative. :/

I hope for some conclusion I didn't predict but I just can't think of any other way to defeat her (and even in my predictions the "defeat" is arguable). Unless some complete bullcrap is used.

Grayman12 said:
However, creating a powerful character like this elf was boring

I agree here. I can't see how could she add to the story in an interesting, innovative way. And making the story revolve around here (classical isekai style) would be pretty boring and it wouldn't fit the rest of the show I think.
IlxussMar 7, 6:10 PM
Mar 7, 6:29 PM
Jan 2020
oh fuck off why would you kill off such a hot character

and the long ass build up this show has and just killing them without actually fleshing out their characters to actually make us even care about them
RonninnMar 7, 6:37 PM
Mar 8, 4:07 PM
Jul 2021
Trash, poorly written. I regret not dropping it earlier.
Mar 8, 8:49 PM
Jan 2023
I liked it quite well. The whole demon king thing is anoying me a bit. As well as, the need to kill all those characters, though it simply seems to be "such" an anime. So it was to be forseen. I think, that the characters have to little screen time and the pacing is too fast, but well. It's still nice. And feeling frustration or sadness, evoking different emotions can show the potential the anime holds. I just hope it continues well
Mar 9, 1:35 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Darn the fight between Dakai and Nihilo ended up pretty fast than what i expect. Dakai being the one that have a keen eyes, good deduction, and great swordplay, should be an interesting match up again Soujiro, as they both have the similar power, and from the same japan as well...

Title on point, i'd say, vanishing the calamity. Vanishing Nihilo booty, and Lithia burn by Alus napalm strikes. But still duudee, the heck why Nihilo need to go down that fast? I am not even mad. I just have my day ruined. That's all..
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 9, 2:39 PM

Nov 2021
First Higuare, one of the most interesting characters goes out like it's nothing

And now ofc mr generic swordsman dungpie kills the hottest girl by some bs "observation" because the "me want fight strooong peple" grazed her armor earlier...great

I like the anime but they keep killing the best characters
Mar 12, 5:23 PM

Nov 2020
Ok, the skeleton is a really cool character, another character is dead and it's because of the stupidity of his own ally XD Soon no one will live to see this tournament.
Mar 13, 2:44 PM

Mar 2008
Nooo Nihilo....better not be dead...it's just a head afterall.... Well at least got to hand it to Dakai for being clever enough to figure how to get in through that armour.

That last little bit gave me a little laugh and thinking "bitch you just were going to kill Lana not long ago and only later decided there is little point now" lol
Mar 14, 9:28 AM

Jul 2017
Lithia's Mage City is in flames and atrocity, and for both Kia and Elea, their escape under scrutiny from soldiers going on riot, Shalk saved them, and also targets them as potential enemies, though Kia leads the way out to safety. Though they cannot stop Lana the Moon Tempest from leaking the World Word out, the innocent Kia only has Elea has her safeguard and can exact Words that don't kill. On the other end, Dakai vs. Nihilo to get a clear space to battle, and it's not easy trying to cut open Helneten, not without the help of the soldiers being armed with the Cold Star.

Even with the Cold Star as a direct shot, it's not enough to kill Nihilo, which Dakai misjudged and faced her head-on with his bare bandit skills to unlock Helneten and reveal her bare body, along with one of Higuare's poison swords, plus Soujirou's sliced mark when she faced him along the way. Lana now knowing the full extent of the damage in Lithia and wanting to use the Cold Star to annihilate everything, Kia thankfully stopped her rampage, and set flames vanishing after realizing the reality of her power, thus saving her from the brutality.

All the conflict of this is not over yet...
Mar 15, 2:57 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The "spider" lost the head!!!
kekeke
Apr 7, 10:37 AM

Feb 2021
She would have just say peace and war will be stopped :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 25, 7:35 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Man, I had a feeling Dakai would not lose his fight despite it making complete sense that he would, he’s got Soujirou to thank for that opening tho. And as much as I liked the fight, I’m kinda sad that Nihilo did not live beyond it, or at least I think she’s dead anyway, the show did not say she died like it did for Higuare but she did get beheaded so it’s not looking good for her lol, but still I liked her a lot, she was an interesting character with a cool ass spider mech, and I can’t forget to mention she’s hot lol, if this is it for her I’m sad to see her go.

And wow, Lana actually lived, I know there’s still 2 episodes left but she’s lucky things played out the way it did lol. But I’m absolutely with her, beings that strong should not exist in their world seeing how easily they ran through everything, I mean Lithia is fucked dude, I don’t know how they thought they could win a war lol, Kia at least put the fires out but the damage is still done. I’m looking forward to how these last two episodes play out, it’s been a banger anime, absolutely don’t understand the folks who couldn’t follow the story, yes it hops perspectives a lot but I think the show makes it very clear what’s happening most of the time, it’s possible the weekly watch made it harder for folks to follow this winter season but I feel like even then that shouldn’t be an issue. But it is what it is, I’ll probably reiterate this somehow in my final episode post lol.
Apr 29, 6:42 AM

Oct 2017
Still can't believe Nihilo died, she can be brought back right? Right? I was really hoping that there will be no more casualties from Lithia's side but not at the cost of her. Dakai though, really smart. Also people who were downplaying Soujiro got to know what he really is. Cutting that armor is almost an impossible feat. Kia used her power, so much for keeping her hidden, Elea's dumb. Lana will survive this I think?

More topics from this board

» Please tell me this only has 1 season

MyllerPhiem - Mar 6

17 by bastek66 »»
Yesterday, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Ishura Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jan 10

98 by Mateusu-chan »»
May 26, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Ishura Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20

57 by romzanalimohon »»
May 21, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Ishura Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 13

58 by romzanalimohon »»
May 21, 12:10 PM

» WHEN DOES YUNO DIE

Youbamii - Mar 27

2 by TechOtaku »»
Apr 29, 8:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.