Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 21, 2023 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
This is such a clash of contrasting personalities and egos. Kenshin represents someone who fights with a reason while his opponents are more like outlaws at this point.

What an episode of emotions! Kenshin really knows what's at stake, more than just a battle and this turned out to be a deadly one.
Sep 21, 2023 9:22 AM

May 2020
One may think that someone of Aoshi’s calibre, and the kind physically gifted specimen he is, he would at the very least use a weapon fitting of his appearance, but no, like Hannya he too uses a shozoku. And just like him had Kenshin on his toes the entire time they were battling.

Wouldn’t be wrong to say, he had the upper hand for the most part, but like ever it took a bit of beating and some time for Kenshin to figure out a way, though him being the final boss of this arc wasn’t just for a joke, that man literally went and slashed Kenshin all over his body, to the point when, to him by the way, seemed like it was already over, but I like one thing about Kenshin, and that is his perseverance. May seem like the oldest trick in the book… feeling a surge of power all over the body when thinking back how they still need to be there for their loved ones, but okay, that’s fine.

Aoshi brought it upon himself, and was just inevitably beaten in the end. This might be the best fight in this whole arc, but that was to be expected, after all it was against the main man Aoshi. He has his backstory of struggles and how much oniwaban means to him, but he lost, so it’s kind of over all well. He was fine with that too, but then Kanryu has to appear...

... and with a fucking Gatling gun at that, while shooting bullets like there's no tomorrow. Smh, Aoshi should've dealt with him earlier, as this man has already made his first victim with the gatling gun.
Softhenic03Sep 21, 2023 9:26 AM
Sep 21, 2023 9:24 AM

Dec 2021
The showdown between Aoshi and Kenshin at last.

Kenshin at last faces Aoshi, the leader of the Oniwabanshu. Once a group of eccentric battle enthusiasts during the twilight of the Edo era, the Oniwabanshu found themselves adrift in life's purpose after the castle's bloodless surrender, rendering their fighting skills redundant. Aoshi, consumed by remorse, relentlessly seeks redemption as their most formidable member. Being a former Ishin patriot, Kenshin cannot abide senseless combat. These two individuals, who once earned their livelihoods through violence in the waning days of the Edo period, now collide in a battle fueled by their pride.

Aoshi's fury ran deep, his fists clenched so tightly that they dripped with blood. Wow, that was quite an intense moment. Kenshin certainly doesn't shy away from pain, and using his sword's sheath was a clever move. It was heartwarming to witness the former adversaries coming to Kenshin's aid, even though I suspect their primary motive was to support their leader.

Well, only one episode left in this cour, probably the end of the Megumi rescue arc.

Sep 21, 2023 9:25 AM

Nov 2007
airing late next at 25:05 JST
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 21, 2023 10:42 AM
Jun 2023
Is now a good time to watch this anime? I was waiting for it to finish airing so I could watch like two episodes a day, I heard the 24 episodes is split up into two cours which is why I'm wondering
Sep 21, 2023 11:24 AM

Jan 2017
Monkadude15 said:
Is now a good time to watch this anime?

We are currently in the best sub-Arc of this Season , so why not ?
The best time would be to wait for the 2nd Season to be airing , but it's always a good time tho.

Monkadude15 said:
I heard the 24 episodes is split up into two cours which is why I'm wondering

24 Episodes are 2 cours. (A cour is basically the representation of a Season in the year , for the airing TV slots. So 11-14 Episodes)
So yes , it's 2 cours , but it's not splitted. Episode 13 will air next week.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Sep 21, 2023 11:44 AM

Jul 2017
Kenshin vs. the Oniwaban Group's leader Okashira of Aoshi Shinomori, it's a serious battle that puts lives on the line, given the timeline of the Oniwaban Group in the Edo era, working for the Shogunate until his timely death. And as intense as sword and physical fights go, Kenshin not being able to land damage on him is becoming more of a concern wtih his kodachi. And that's not only the extent of Shinomori's swordsmanship, as his kenpo also provides a cover for his Kaiten Kenbu, the skill that has always guaranteed a one-shot kill. But Kenshin still stands strong and has figured out Shinomori's flow to break it with absolute precision.

Yahiko helped in clearing Kenshin's mind about Kaiten Kenbu, and Shinomori's answer for the training for his swordmanship, it all stemmed from Yoshinobu Tokugawa's era, which then transitioned into the Meiji era with the Group expanding from members like Beshimi and Han'nya, all in the 10 years since. Kanryu coming in with a Gatling gun to force death upon Shoninori, Kenshin and Yahiko while the rest of the Group hears the gunshots, Kanryu is delving into dangerous business with not just opium, but weaponry arms as well.

It's a race to save Shinomori against the mad Kanryu, he'll stop at nothing for money. Work for brotherhood, not riches.
Sep 21, 2023 11:45 AM

Feb 2021
The Oniwaban existed irl too btw. But almost everything here is based on real history so this shouldn't be too surprising.
LEEETTSU GATTORIIINGU
Cool to see the Oniwaban group and Kenshin cooperate now.
Noooo not the cliffhanger
The animation was fire during the fight scenes.
I was thinking we'll get a new OP next week because there are 24 episodes in total and this is the 12th one, but I guess it'd be better to have it after this arc ends.
Sep 21, 2023 11:54 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Yea the last shogun sure was a coward when it came to making the difficult choices. Especially what happened at Osaka castle. Aoshi's claims though were pretty interesting though. Kenshin's fight with Aoshi though was top notch. His reasoning for serving a crime lord though really showed how much he cared for his men. A loyalty that his men would gladly pay back to save him if needed starting with Shikijo. Overall a solid ep that featured a great balance of action via the battle with Aoshi and character expansion for him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2023 11:56 AM
May 2021
Good ep still, good adaptation.
Sep 21, 2023 12:16 PM
Jan 2021
Besto episode so far, that was incredible!!!!! It took me double the time to watch this one because of all the repeats I did during Kenshin and Aoshi's fight. Their fight was wonderfully animated and it exceeded even my highest expectations! Please keep the level this high!
Sep 21, 2023 12:29 PM

Feb 2019
Aoshi v Kenshin was epic as you’d expect. Both men putting their heart and soul into each strike. Kenshin gripping the blade of his sword with his bare hands throughout the fight made my hand hurt lol. I know that had to be painful.

Animation and choreography both really well done. Just like the Sano Shikijo fight last week, you could really feel the weight of each blow. Almost as if they were the physical manifestation of their wills.

This mf Kanryu had to go and ruin it by pulling up with a goddamn gattling gun of all things. Paying off that post credits engrish scene a few weeks ago. RIP Shikijo, real one for protecting Aoshi. Real sense of camaraderie among the whole Oniwaban group. Aoshi didn’t abandon his comrades when he could’ve become an officer and they didn’t abandon him.

Great episode can’t wait for the start of the second cour.
Marinate1016Sep 21, 2023 12:35 PM
Sep 21, 2023 2:20 PM

Apr 2013
If they keep up this quality, by the end of this, I'm going to have to rank this one higher than the original
Sep 21, 2023 3:30 PM

Jan 2011
whats the next arc? Raijuta? from this point i dont remember much from the OG series
Sep 21, 2023 4:08 PM

May 2014
Ah the Gatling gun appears. I remember seeing it in a trailer for the live action film years ago haha.

They really added a lot to the bad guys group. Makes them seem more like a family that really care about each other, especially with big guys sacrifice at the end. Assuming he dies, I don't know. Characters in shonen can take a beating.
Sep 21, 2023 4:26 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The fight between Kenshin and Aoshi did not disappoint, definitely the best fight of the arc so far too. Aoshi really pulled some wild moves, the first time we’ve seen Kenshin get seriously hurt in a fight and nearly die even, that sword dance technique was very cool as well but it didn’t take Kenshin long to figure out the secret, he’s gonna need more than a bandaid after gripping his sword by the blade like that tho lol.

And in the end, Kenshin was the victor, and it even had more meaning than just saving Megumi thanks to Aoshi’s reason for fighting, I thought that was a very cool motivation and some cool history there too. But now that the Oniwaban Group has been defeated, one last man stands in the way and he’s got a big ass gun lol, a gatling gun to be exact, another cool aspect of these historical anime is you get to see historical weapons like this, I also liked the mention of the American Civil War there too. Swords realistically can’t do anything against a gun, but it will be interesting to see how Kenshin deals with Kanryu, because at the moment it’s as Kanryu said, he’s the strongest one there lol.
Sep 21, 2023 5:40 PM
Aug 2020
Another great episode

I still enjoying every sec
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Sep 21, 2023 5:59 PM
Oct 2016
Kenshin vs Aoshi was amazing! Getting to learn more of Aoshi motives, why he's still fighting even as Kanryu operation crumbles. Simply wanting to fight and show they're the best is pretty much it. Their group was betrayed by the last tokugawa shogun whom fled while his army fought then last he surrendered without a fight. Leaving the oniwaban group sitting on the sidelines, they didn't get to fight at all since the shogun ran like a coward. Tossed aside once he thought their side would lose anyways. Aoshu being so competitive that he wants to be known as the strongest around. But also wanting to help out his subordinates who are still with him. He's guided many former members out of their group to different lives but these four remain and Aoshi must help them as much as he can. Kenshin seeing this Cold blooded competitiveness inside Aoshi. Both fighters using crazy techniques of their respective styles and blades. Aoshi having a more defensive style with a shorter blade made for an interesting fight. Kenshin had to even grab the blade which was crazy to see. Kenshin hitting Aoshi hard in the throat twice immobilized him, even after Kenshin got slashed a few times he still won. Kanryu couldn't just slither away like the vermin he is no this dude brought in a gatling gun! Definitely something out of the wild west of America having just been brought over to Japan. Shikijo taking bullets for Aoshi, how noble. They gotta stop this psycho drug lord arms dealer wannabe.
Sep 21, 2023 7:27 PM
Sep 2021
Kenshin won the match against Aoshi and that was a good fight.
Sep 21, 2023 7:48 PM

Apr 2022
kenshin vs aoshi was sick af. i'm gonna be completely honest, enjoyed that fight more than any of the fights in the current arc in jjk s2. that ost hit yooo, helps with the emotions. this mf pulled out the gatling gun damn.
Sep 21, 2023 9:19 PM

Nov 2021
The sound effects in this show are so badass, it makes each hit really feel like it has impact. And Kanryu pulling out the CGI gatling gun was kinda comedic LMAO gat gat gat gat
Sep 21, 2023 9:36 PM

Jan 2017
silversaint said:
whats the next arc? Raijuta? from this point i dont remember much from the OG series

– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Sep 22, 2023 4:24 AM
Jul 2018
Reply to ryzxgum
kenshin vs aoshi was sick af. i'm gonna be completely honest, enjoyed that fight more than any of the fights in the current arc in jjk s2. that ost hit yooo, helps with the emotions. this mf pulled out the gatling gun damn.
@ryzxgum i agree, unfortunately people only want to watch the most popular stuff so they are missing out on the remake,there are Also a bunch of haters trying to put the show down due to the author or the nostalgia for the 90 version, JuJutsu kaisen unfortunately didn't do a whole lot so far the best fight was the One between mahito and mechamaru.
Sep 22, 2023 5:39 AM
May 2021
The fight sequence and soundtrack are really epic in this anime 🔥🔥
Sep 22, 2023 6:47 AM
Oct 2019
Kenshin vs Aoshi fight was incredible, the music, the art, the sound effect!!

that was a really intense fight.

MY GOD THE CLIFFHANGER GOT ME YELLING NOOOOOOOO!!
Sep 22, 2023 7:31 AM

Jun 2021
Amazing fight scene between Kenshin and Aoshi. Kenshin's swordsmanship is always superb. What's with the Gatling gun lol Now I feel bad for Aoshi and his coordinates.
Sep 22, 2023 9:14 AM

Oct 2022
I like how they don't make them superhumans to avoid the bullets and instead made Kanryu too self-confident (or I should say Gatling-gun-confident), so he won't instantly kill them
UndefeatedBahamut
Sep 22, 2023 9:38 AM
Jun 2023
Alexioos95 said:
Monkadude15 said:
Is now a good time to watch this anime?

We are currently in the best sub-Arc of this Season , so why not ?
The best time would be to wait for the 2nd Season to be airing , but it's always a good time tho.

Monkadude15 said:
I heard the 24 episodes is split up into two cours which is why I'm wondering

24 Episodes are 2 cours. (A cour is basically the representation of a Season in the year , for the airing TV slots. So 11-14 Episodes)
So yes , it's 2 cours , but it's not splitted. Episode 13 will air next week.

Ooh okay, thanks! So basically it will keep airing until episode 24 without a long break?
Sep 22, 2023 9:57 AM

Jan 2017
Monkadude15 said:
So basically it will keep airing until episode 24 without a long break?

Exactly.
And aside unfortunate circumstances , there should be no break at all.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Sep 22, 2023 10:28 AM

Dec 2022
That mf really brought a machine gun in a sword fight lmao.
Sep 22, 2023 10:48 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
The Aoshi and Kenshin fight was just as good compared to the original series. I had a feeling that this episode was going to end on a cliffhanger, so the next episode will be the conclusion of the Oniwaban arc.
Sep 22, 2023 12:02 PM
Jun 2023
Alexioos95 said:
Monkadude15 said:
So basically it will keep airing until episode 24 without a long break?

Exactly.
And aside unfortunate circumstances , there should be no break at all.

Okay, thank you! I'll go ahead and probably wait for it to finish then
Sep 22, 2023 12:20 PM

Nov 2011
in opening sequence fight with aoshi is not resolved, will it last till the end of season? xD

Kenshin doing noto while flying. impressive. + tsuka-gashira knock out xD man, awesome.
Sep 22, 2023 12:31 PM

Apr 2022
We all know that a ninja says "Nin nin nin..." But what does a Gatlin gun say?

Sep 22, 2023 3:24 PM

Feb 2012
A short sword for defense, because Aoshi's knows how to throw hands for offense, effective against an opponent who tries not to cut like Kenshin with his Sakabato.
Aosh put his skill into leading social outcasts no one else would accept.
Love the animation and the characters# rough outline effect when Kenshin fought Aoshi, especially in the close-ups. Kenshin powers through allowing his hands to be cut and bloodied as he grabs blades without a flinch.
Hahaha yes, the gatling gun scene we've been waiting for. I liked how the live-action
. Kanryu's damn shameless and his VA captures his greedy self.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Sep 22, 2023 5:21 PM

Oct 2022
Kenshin always with the smarts… always gets me surprised by how beautiful his swordsmanship can be…

Sep 22, 2023 5:29 PM

Dec 2015
fight is just as good or even better than the og
Sep 22, 2023 7:07 PM

Nov 2022
The kenshin vs aoshi fight, very good, not the best animation, but had some very cool moments and movements .

Now the important part....kanryu......why must u exist?
Sep 22, 2023 7:27 PM

Feb 2011
Very outstanding episode, Aoshi vs Kenshin fight was awesome: Kenshin ability in combat was remarkable, he very stable and shows respect towards his opponents one of the major point why I really like Kenshin so much. The episode is the end of the arc, Rurouni Kenshin new adaptation is so awesome and yes I 'm so looking forward to seeing more (always excited for each coming episodes). 😊
sweetangieSep 23, 2023 10:30 AM
Sep 22, 2023 7:58 PM

Jan 2011
Reply to Alexioos95
silversaint said:

@Alexioos95

thanks, cant remember who that character is though, guess ill see him next week
Sep 22, 2023 8:13 PM

Oct 2022
Explaining their secret moves mid fight as always.. That's anime logic for you.. XD
Btw Kanryu didn't even finish his smoke, lol the real mvp of shit.
Sep 23, 2023 12:28 AM

Feb 2016
LET'S GATLING!
GAT! GAT! GAT! GAT! GAT! GAT! GAT!
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Sep 23, 2023 12:48 AM

Dec 2022
Wow... so that's what loyalty looks like... sad that the concept of it has been lost amongst the masses in which 95% have taken Kanryu values over all else.
Sep 23, 2023 2:32 AM
Sep 2016
Reply to silversaint
@Alexioos95

thanks, cant remember who that character is though, guess ill see him next week
@silversaint

There's def Raijuta's

WARNING: the spoiler tags about next cour prediction above are only for both the old anime AND manga reader, please refrain from opening if you are only familiar with one (let alone none). The old anime changes some part from the original manga, so reading the manga doesn't necessarily mean you won't be spoiled for the old anime, and vice-versa.
uncleqrowSep 23, 2023 2:54 AM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Sep 23, 2023 3:55 AM

Jan 2017
Alexioos95Sep 23, 2023 4:02 AM
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Sep 23, 2023 5:13 AM
Sep 2016
Reply to Alexioos95
@Alexioos95

uncleqrowSep 23, 2023 5:21 AM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Sep 23, 2023 5:49 AM

Jan 2017
@uncleqrow

– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Sep 23, 2023 6:03 AM

Oct 2022
I'm waiting for Kenshin to grab his sword and speed blitz Kanryu and that Gatling gun. His sword style is literally built off of speed.
Sep 23, 2023 8:43 AM

Jun 2023
Cliffhanger-sama was RUTHLESS in this one 😆 No way the episode ended like that!
Sep 23, 2023 10:16 AM

Nov 2022
This annoying mf has got a gatling and is torturing Legendary Manslayer and Aoshi like rats, ahhh I want to kill that bastard with a grenade.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Any voice actors from the original dub?

Skoorb - Mar 29

4 by Candy-Chan »»
Yesterday, 6:23 AM

» How many episodes did this remake?

phantom346 - May 14

5 by wildhood »»
May 23, 7:13 PM

» Bluray Differences

fearlubu - May 20

1 by Asahinchi »»
May 21, 2:39 AM

» The sound design is epic

saikyozero - Jul 6, 2023

6 by banshee229 »»
Apr 21, 6:05 PM

Poll: » Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan (2023) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2023

101 by Jirokissaw »»
Apr 11, 3:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.