Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Higeki no Genkyou to Naru Saikyou Gedou Last Boss Joou wa Tami no Tame ni Tsukushimasu. Episode 7 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2023 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Man, Gilbert is a source of inspiration in this show, for the length he goes to protect who he loves.

Not going to lie, I think the music this episode was dramatic and well performed. This episode protrayed human emotions at a dramatic level and something I want to see more of. Gilbert is quite an interesting character imo.
Aug 17, 2023 9:40 AM
Jul 2023
Damn in-game Pride is really evil, be slave or die on the spot, a true decisive villainess.
Aug 17, 2023 9:49 AM
Nov 2018
Mainnus said:
Damn in-game Pride is really evil, be slave or die on the spot, a true decisive villainess.

It's not evil if they did a crime so severe that it calls for that type of sentence. Basically saying you have a choice between life in prison or death. It would of been evil if she also went after there family for just being related to them.
Aug 17, 2023 9:58 AM

Feb 2019
😢 man the painful irony of Gil being able to manipulate his own lifespan and being powerless to save the woman he loves.

Just goes to show you can’t judge a book by its cover. When we first saw him I thought he was a massive asshole and would be the main antagonist. Turns out all he wanted to do was save Maria.

In game Pride was really just evil for the hell of it, man. Making Gil wait 5 years just to even start looking for users who could heal Maria is crazy.

The flashback showing Gil’s backstory was really nice, but I wonder what happened to Maria’s original fiancé if he was able to propose to her once he became chancellor.

On the bright side.. Arthur is finally a knight. I thought they’d show us the knight exam, but oh well. The two year timeskip is interesting since he’s the only one who looks older lol.

The ceremony was nice and those glasses he gifted Stale really fit him. That look he gave Pride as he was knighted was sweet too.

All in all, another great Higeki episode with some really good character development for Gil. Looking forward to next week’s ep
Marinate1016Aug 17, 2023 10:06 AM
Aug 17, 2023 9:58 AM

Jul 2017
Arthur, finally christened as a knight from Pride, he has achieved the position.

Arthur giving Stale a pair of glasses, he looks the part of intelligence and style. But Gilbert trying to push Pride into politics which will incite human rights, Pride will not play with Gilbert's game, though if this is referenced back to the original game, it could be possible confrontation, which he and her father are engaging about Pride, and especially of those about special ability users. And that's Gilbert's goal of finding someone who can heal illnesses after 7 years, apart from if Pride had actually passed the law and call, which Gilbert would lose out indefinitely. The story of the secret character being the strategist that fought for his fiancée but to no avail with the original Pride who can only met evil order after order, he's an enigma.

With Chancellor Gilbert going mysteriously missing, both Pride and Stale let Tiara in on the secret, which meant that his fiancée Marianne will be dead at sunset even if the law will be passed or not. With that information known, both Pride and Stale begun to launch their operations towards Gilbert, revealing the truth to him. Sure, meeting Marianne was Gilbert's blessing, though she really loved him at that point until her fated arranged marriage, in which he would find out about his rare secret ability of eternal youth, and becoming the kingdom's chancellor to wed her. But like all things fated, Marianne succumbed to her illness, which Gilbert spent years trying to find a healer.

Suspicious? Nah, Gilbert is genuine...
Aug 17, 2023 10:03 AM
Jul 2023
Moppit said:
Mainnus said:

It's not evil if they did a crime so severe that it calls for that type of sentence. Basically saying you have a choice between life in prison or death. It would of been evil if she also went after there family for just being related to them.

She can executed peoples on a whim and those peoples “crimes” is only being born with special abilities.
Aug 17, 2023 10:30 AM

Sep 2007
UGH....I'm now officially conflicted on what's worse: ending on a cliffhanger or ending on a flashback when you know what's gonna happen next.

Next week can't come sooner enough.
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Aug 17, 2023 10:54 AM

Mar 2013
We finally got the backstory of that cunning Gilbert. This is such a saddening episode. Much more bitter than sweet.
I do hope his fiancé will be able to recover some way or another. I just hope it won't be something evil.

Anyway, they really skimmed the background story... it would have been nice if they made it into a full episode of one or two. I'd like to see more of that Gilbert and Maria's romance. They looked adorable together when they were young, the animation was simply icky...

The animation was also somewhat sloppy or simply put, some frames were missing when I was watching this episode 7, the cool thing is, they added a BGM while the camera was rolling, that's a nice-to-have tactic.

Now, I really can't wait for what happens next...
CrazyButNot4UAug 17, 2023 11:00 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Aug 17, 2023 1:05 PM
Feb 2023
cada capitulo dejan mas suspenso, este capitulo se destaco en el que parecia ser un villano, pero resulto tener una causa totalmente entendible, pues por todo lo que trababo va a ser en vano a menos que lo ayude la prota
Aug 17, 2023 1:09 PM

Dec 2021
The endearing bond between Arthur and Stale has an undeniable charm, and Stale's appearance is enhanced by those stylish glasses.

Gilbert's behavior is raising eyebrows, likely due to the troubling course of events he experienced. Despite their efforts, Maria's rescue wasn't successful, leaving me curious about the existence of a genuine healer with magic abilities. Their heartfelt love story added a touch of sweetness to the narrative. It's truly remarkable how he ascended to Chancellor status in less than four years, all for the sake of being with her. One can only hope for a successful rescue mission, as having her as an ally would greatly strengthen Pride's position.

Aug 17, 2023 1:23 PM

Jul 2019
Arthur's and Stale's friendship is very sweet. The fact he gave Stale those glasses to look less like Gilbert was nice.

The story of Gilbert and Maria was very touching! Can't wait to see how their story will 'wrap un' in next week's episode...
Other places where to find me:

☆ AO3/FF/tumblr/YouTube: Tuliharja
☆ Pixiv: Tuliharja/72847426
☆ DA: Tuliharja-art
Aug 17, 2023 3:25 PM

Sep 2014
Didn't realize Satsuki from Kill La Kill also got reincarnated into this world.
Aug 17, 2023 4:54 PM

Mar 2020
Ahh, why did they do this to me, I don't know if I still hate him or not, not anymore.. I hope we somehow save the fiance and have him punished and serve under Pride

Also, I really love Pride and Authur together, I ship them

Aug 17, 2023 6:34 PM

Apr 2022
hahah it's hilarious how dramatic pride is with the way she talks sometimes. but damn, it was going good for gil and maria... until it wasn't.
Aug 17, 2023 8:44 PM
Mar 2015
Gilbert and his fiances background are revealed
Aug 17, 2023 10:15 PM

Mar 2008
Gilbert is kind of screwed no matter what because Maria will die eventually anyway even if he saved her from her illness while he can live on. Im a bit unclear if he could just make himself old to point of dying or if he really would be stuck at a fixed age.
Aug 18, 2023 4:34 AM

Jun 2021
Gilbert and his fiance reunited, but sadly the problem came after. The antagonist that we thought(?) got a backstory this episode.
Aug 18, 2023 5:19 AM
Sep 2016
Now we officially know why she's the last boss:
- a sadistic psycho
- precognition
- a queen, without a queen dowager to balance her influence
- highly intelligent
- photographic memory, with the ability to master any techniques and skill at a single glance, including martial arts
- many, many, many special ability users basically enslaved to do whatever she desires

She keeps telling everyone to immediately kill her if she ever stray from her path. Now you know why. She's just simply to dangerous to be kept alive as a villainess for even a single day.
uncleqrowAug 18, 2023 5:23 AM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Aug 18, 2023 5:32 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
As expected, Arthur has been knighted, it was nice to see but I couldn’t help but think that she has to do that for every person that becomes a knight so this is the only time it will feel special for Pride lol. And now Stale finally has his glasses from the promotional art and the OP/ED, I wasn’t expecting them to just be fashion glasses tho lol, I was thinking something would happen that damages his eyesight but nah he just wants to look snazzy lol, nothing wrong with that tho.

And we finally learned more about Gilbert, he’s not just an asshole apparently, he’s an asshole because he wants to save the one he loves lol. Jokes aside I did like his backstory with Marianne, it was sweet definitely makes you see Gilbert in a new light, Marianne was a delight as well which makes it hurt to see the condition she’s in now. Now that we know all that, I’m wondering how Pride plans to save her with very little time left, it seems impossible but this is Princess Pride we’re talking about lol.
Aug 18, 2023 11:27 AM
Aug 2013
I love to get to know more about the characters and now there is Gil!
I hope that Pride knows what she does here
Aug 18, 2023 6:40 PM

Jun 2015
Best girl getting kitted up and teleporting into battle. Shame it was just a few hooligans this time. Gilbert reveal and hes pretty much a youngster playing adult in this current story line and desperatly trying to save the person he loves, so I think he is excusable. And with Pride on the case i'm hoping for a positive turn around!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 20, 2023 6:33 AM
Apr 2023
Nothing much happened but a backstory exposition of a supposed secret character from the game.
Seems cool with her getting more active with Tiara and Stale and I think dealing with Gilbert might create a bigger butterfly effect that will help her not become the villainess of the story.
Aug 20, 2023 9:46 PM

Nov 2009
Moppit said:
Mainnus said:

Yea, if it's Prison or Death...

But this here is Slavery that you can't disobey no matter what. Remember what evil OG-Pride did to Stale? she made him kill his own mom and he HAD to do it while being conscious of it and watch as he stab his own mom over and over til she's dead. Imagine you have to kill your own mom cause you can't disobey... that's worse than being in prison or death.

Which goes to your "if she also went after their family"... which if they're slaves, she can make them kill their own family as punishment, which is something evil OG-Pride would most likely do.

___ ___ ___

BTW, if anyone noticed, MC-Pride now calls her Earth self "I remember her past life again".

Meaning MC-Pride has taken the role of OG-Pride as thinking she's the real Pride.

And the Earth-MC is now just "Earth-MC" and not her true self.

Otherwise she would have said "I remember my past life again" and not a third person reference.
amlgAug 20, 2023 9:56 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Aug 20, 2023 10:54 PM

Oct 2022
So that's why Gilbert is doing all of this for her damn that hit hard, that cliff hanger man I just hope that pride can find a special ability user in time that can save her.
Aug 22, 2023 11:44 AM

Nov 2019
I really do hope they can save her somehow. It would be so sad if their story ends like that...
Aug 26, 2023 10:30 AM

Oct 2017
Tiara can heal, right? I guess she will be the one to save Maria.
[edit]

btw. that BGM in the begining (while Gil and Pride were talking after the OP) sounded very smilar to the town music in the first Diablo game.
Did anyone else notice this?
RainyShadowAug 26, 2023 10:57 AM
Sep 2, 2023 9:13 PM
Mar 2012
cute Arthur gifting Stale glasses just for fashion.
wow Gilbert big twist. was introed as if a jealous villain, but instead got a heavy backstory.
Gil & Maria do make a nice ship. Weird Pride tends to forget in game Gil.
Interesting how that controversial law may pan out.
Sep 5, 2023 7:36 AM

May 2015
Another time skip and for some reason Gilbert is still salty from what happened like 5 years ago. All this time and he only now thought to search for the special ability through other means… I mean, yeah, his situation is pretty sad, but the writing is mediocre at best. The anime as a whole is very boring. Oh, and Stale now wears glasses. Why? Because Arthur thought they'd look good on him. Like... what in the world kind of reason is that?
Sep 25, 2023 8:57 AM

May 2018
I didn't expect Gilbert's backstory to be so sad. That's why he's so uptight.
Oct 6, 2023 11:55 PM

Oct 2022
I thought Chancellor would just be evil, but turns out he had a sad backstory too
UndefeatedBahamut
Apr 21, 1:06 PM

Aug 2019
okay so they fell in love but she was engaged. gil went out to become the prime minister before the engagement and then married her? what happened to the engagement
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 8:00 PM

May 2015
We finally learned what the deal was with Chancellor Gilbert. His wife's illness is definitely a strong motivator to find the cure by any means necessary. Here's to hoping Princess Pride knows what that cure is.
Sep 20, 11:15 PM

Sep 2015
Nice episode by the standards of this show...
But seriously, if they were going to do a flashback via narration; they need to make it shorter.
If they wanted a long flashback, then dedicate the entire episode for it from the start and get rid of the narration and treat it like a normal episode with Gilbert as the main character.
Right now, it just sits in the middle. With the narration, it comes off as info-dumping. It's too expository. Not a problem if it is kept short, but like a third of the episode is dedicated to this.
If they are willing to put that much time and detail on his back story, I'm all for it. Helps make him more relatable. But please dedicate a entire episode so it doesn't feel rushed. By going expository, it feels rushed like we aren't supposed to relate, just understand what's going on. Yet such length and detail gives the impression we should relate.
It just sits in the middle and doesn't do either all that well.

That said I am curious how she will save his fiance/wife? They got less than a day to find a healer... I just hope they don't pull some absurd magic out of no where. It seems she's going to bite the dust but so far the show isn't one to kill off people. So I'm expecting a happy resolution. Maria is too cute to die so young lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higeki no Genkyou to Naru Saikyou Gedou Last Boss Joou wa Tami no Tame ni Tsukushimasu. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2023

62 by zcv45 »»
Sep 21, 3:50 PM

Poll: » Higeki no Genkyou to Naru Saikyou Gedou Last Boss Joou wa Tami no Tame ni Tsukushimasu. Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2023

30 by zcv45 »»
Sep 21, 3:21 PM

Poll: » Higeki no Genkyou to Naru Saikyou Gedou Last Boss Joou wa Tami no Tame ni Tsukushimasu. Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2023

35 by zcv45 »»
Sep 21, 1:06 AM

Poll: » Higeki no Genkyou to Naru Saikyou Gedou Last Boss Joou wa Tami no Tame ni Tsukushimasu. Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2023

44 by zcv45 »»
Sep 21, 12:38 AM

Poll: » Higeki no Genkyou to Naru Saikyou Gedou Last Boss Joou wa Tami no Tame ni Tsukushimasu. Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2023

29 by zcv45 »»
Sep 20, 11:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.