Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2023 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, this episode had multitude of events that kept it engaging including mysterious murders, Ogata's role and his discoveries, alongside the recent events at the mine.

I'm impressed by the amount of emotions they expressed this episode...in a crazy like style even. 
May 29, 2023 8:05 AM

Sep 2009
How long were they in Russia?! There's no way she could be pregnant and that size so fast.
May 29, 2023 8:45 AM
Sep 2015
Now this is the real "comeback episode" of Golden Kamuy after the long delay. Any story of Tsurumi unashamedly seducing evil men and turn them into his loyal army never fail to impress me.
May 29, 2023 8:58 AM
Oct 2016
Since the crazy bear man was actually a tattooed prisoner our main group has inadvertently circled back to their primary objective. Sugimoto, Asirpa, Shiraishi and Vasili are one leg up on Hijikata and Tsurumi since they've discovered this other skin and they importantly have Asirpa herself to crack the code. I hated seeing Tanigaki manipulated into staying with Tsurumi since he has Inkarmat locked away somewhere while heavily pregnant with Tanigaki kid. I really don't want him to take Asirpa back even if its for that important of a reason. Maybe Tanigaki can somehow get Inkarmat to safety with Sugimoto help. This tattooed killer wandering around is absolutely an homage to Jack the Ripper. Excited to see how this duo of Usami and Kikuta solve these murders and catch him.

Very interesting flashback again showing how Tsurumi manipulated another young man to grow into a loyal soldier for him. We saw this same thing happen before with Koito in his backstory. The flashback was where it all came together for Tsurumi, realizing what it took for soldiers to do even unspeakable acts for their commanders. They must foster a love for their commander to follow him through anything, which must be built and cemented. Tsurumi has manipulated his way to creating this loyal band of soldiers whom won't leave his side no matter what.
May 29, 2023 8:59 AM
Oct 2016
komic said:
How long were they in Russia?! There's no way she could be pregnant and that size so fast.
Her and Tanigaki banged back in season 2 when they were exposed to the otter aphrodisiac. So it's been at least 30-40 weeks in universe time since then
May 29, 2023 9:52 AM

Jul 2011
For sure, Usami is the biggest nutjob of Tsurumi's army.
May 29, 2023 11:58 AM

May 2020
I can count the number of men in this series on my few fingers who are NOT Tsurumi's loyal dogs. That's just how few they're.

I would've preferred to never know the history of Usami with Tsurumi, because it was obvious Usami was of unsound mind as it is, though surprised to see it wasn't the case of Tsurumi pushing someone to limits, as it usually is.
May 29, 2023 12:03 PM

Mar 2014
Maybe because they act all goofy and ridiculous I sometime forget like how sick some these people are. Disturbing but still intriguing enough
May 29, 2023 1:41 PM
Aug 2020
I really love this anime, it can be funny and serious at the same time.
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
May 29, 2023 1:55 PM

Dec 2017
Love is, and always will be, one of the greatest forces that govern the universe of men. Commander Tsurimi knows it perfectly and shows us one of the strongest cards he has, any man is capable of destroying or creating an entire kingdom just for love, that is a great and excellent lesson.

Each new episode is a masterpiece.
May 29, 2023 2:19 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I always thought Usami had a few screws loose, turns out he’s a psychopath after seeing his backstory, when it started I knew something fucked up would happen because he seemed too normal lol. I felt bad for the kid who died tho, man thought Usami was his best friend this whole time but really Usami was just obsessed with Tsurumi and it took one small thing to make him go as far as killing his friend, wild lol.

I also found the talk about how to get soldiers to kill really interesting, I don’t know why but I never considered soldiers purposely not killing before but it makes a lot of sense, and I’m not sure if love is really the answer to get them to kill but it’s definitely working on Tsurumi’s simp squad lol. And now we find ourselves dealing with two new escaped prisoners, it’s nice to finally see Botaro since the OP kinda hyped him up and we also have a Jack the Ripper situation going on which will be really interesting to see develop.
May 29, 2023 2:32 PM

Aug 2019
it’s sad knowing there is only four episodes left of this amazing show, but this episode caught me off guard when he stomped on his neck and the way his body seized up like that; felt a little too real lmao
snowykevinMay 29, 2023 2:38 PM
May 29, 2023 2:35 PM
Jul 2015
BlichoBoy said:

Haha, talking of nut job ... there is more to come in the next episode (I hope they don't tame it down too much).
May 29, 2023 3:32 PM

Nov 2016
Boutaro is here. A cool prisoner for a change, that is not to say he doesn't have one or two screws loose.

Then we had Usami's fucked up backstory. I repeat it as many times as necessary, Tsurumi is such a groomer mastermind. The fact that he carefully planned all of that to have loyal subordinates makes him an antagonist you can root for and that earns his Ws.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 29, 2023 4:39 PM

May 2015
Another great episode though I am a little disappointed that they left out
Koito and Inkarmats conversation, Nikaidou on meth and Asirpa killing the goose.
May 29, 2023 7:07 PM
Jan 2018
I'm giving the edge to Golden Kamuy over Vinland Saga this week. They really hit us with the Funkmaster Flex bombshell's this time around.
May 29, 2023 7:15 PM
Mar 2019
No idea what Tsurumi has that they will do anything for him.
He must have something we can't see.
May 29, 2023 10:56 PM
Oct 2019
Damn Inkarmat is pregnant. 

Oh my god Usami is a freak.

Tsurumi is too much!!
May 30, 2023 1:31 AM

Feb 2014
The talk about Botaro the Pirate does make him sound like a rather difficult prisoner for Sugimoto and the others to deal with, which was also talked about with Hijikata's group as well as Tsurumi's group as well.

What this episode also shed light on was Usami's backstory. From my experience seeing him in this series so far, he's rather erratic and quick to lose his cool, but I didn't expect his backstory to show just how obsessive and savage he can be. Meeting Tsurumi during his youth was enough to make Usami too obsessed to the point that he killed his own "best friend" who got in his way. Poor kid... =(

Once again, it makes Tsurumi such a fascinating character in how he's carved out the ideal army that he is in command of. I do look forward to seeing how they'll try and stop this Botaro the Pirate.
May 30, 2023 4:20 AM

Apr 2010
It's always great to learn more about Tsurumi and his harem
May 30, 2023 4:30 AM

May 2015
Very dark episode, Toshihige is such a freaky guy.
May 30, 2023 7:15 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Golden Kamuy has the maddest cast of characters. And Usami just might be the freakiest of them all.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 30, 2023 4:24 PM
Mar 2015
he found a way to teach people to kill
May 31, 2023 9:59 AM

Jul 2016
Sanest Tsurumi officer be like:
May 31, 2023 8:35 PM

Feb 2014
Tsurumi be moving chess pieces like he cooks meth.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 1, 2023 12:26 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
All the people arround Tsurumi are crazy!!! Today is the Usami´s time!!! kekeke
Jun 1, 2023 12:27 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The way is the "love"! kekeke
Jun 1, 2023 12:28 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Yes, and there is a assessin killing women!!! kekeke
Jun 1, 2023 2:18 PM
Jul 2021
I read the managa and the content is great but I feel so off by the fluidity of the animation because it is so still framed and vhppy. I honestly feel it is weirdly paced and alot of the jokes that require ideal pacing just fall short
Jun 2, 2023 6:31 AM

May 2015
mirishster96 said:
billybub said:
Another great episode though I am a little disappointed that they left out
Koito and Inkarmats conversation, Nikaidou on meth and Asirpa killing the goose.
Yeah... Overall I feel like Brain's Base cares less about adapting Golden Kamuy properly than Geno Studio did.

Yeah it seems like Brains Base is just trying to rush through the main story, and in the process leaving out all the stuff that makes Golden Kamuy "Golden Kamuy". Its a shame really.
Jun 2, 2023 11:00 AM

Jul 2017
Tanigaki is surrounded by Lieutenant Tsurumi's people, not being able to see Inkarmat and being used to find the Ainu gold, he knows that it'll all end in disaster, other than her bearing his child.

Who would've thought that Heita was one of the tattooed prisoners, and Sugimoto and Co. were just plain lucky to have a surprise lead. It's a good thing that the prisoners know that the Ainu gold will spell trouble, so it came by that they planned this while being killed by Nopperabo, and even then, he wasn't that lucky to get away with the gold. Now that the gold is all under Lake Shikotsu, it takes one Botaro the Pirate to sneak out the gold, having kappa-like abilities to survive in the deepest trenches of water. At the same time, Ogata is back, and the skins are all with either Hijikata or Tsurumi, which makes their job harder. In Sapporo, a series of murders has the attention of everyone, especially since the killer could be a tattooed prisoner.

Usami Tokishige's backstory reveals his work with the 7th Division's Tsurumi, back when he was a decent commander and Usami was just growing up with aspirations when he grows up. Tomoharu wants desperately to defeat Usami before he leaves, and a spar with his best friend...ends in tragedy, because all Usami cared for is Tsurumi's attention, and he broke his virginity of killing a person. When is all is said and done, all Tsurumi ever cared for is love, the friendship between men and soldiers, to love and kill without regret, and will thrive with people like Usami.

What twisted logic! But this is the 7th Division's Lieutenant Tsurumi for you.
Jun 5, 2023 10:04 AM
Jul 2018
why all men simping for tsurumi 
i'm with them and can't understand why lol.
Jun 6, 2023 4:14 AM
Jul 2018
mirishster96 said:
Onaniu said:
why all men simping for tsurumi 
i'm with them and can't understand why lol.
Because he's a master manipulator and he perfectly engineered all his interactions with those guys so they become his followers
that's true but you can also say he slightly cares about his men like what he did with tsukishima and lost his head

I remember talking with you about tsurumi before lol 
my comments are right there in your profile :"D
Jun 7, 2023 11:36 AM
Jul 2018
mirishster96 said:
Onaniu said:
that's true but you can also say he slightly cares about his men like what he did with tsukishima and lost his head

I remember talking with you about tsurumi before lol 
my comments are right there in your profile :"D
Hmm well yeah that's true, he probably feels actual love for them in a way

Ohhh yeah I remember we talked but I didn't realize you were the same guy lmao
nice to see you again bro
Still has tsurumi in the favs hehe.
Jun 8, 2023 3:41 PM
Mar 2015
What does the freak mean when he says it's the same place where he lost his virginity? Gross
Jun 9, 2023 2:01 PM
Jul 2018
mirishster96 said:
Onaniu said:
nice to see you again bro
Still has tsurumi in the favs hehe.
ofc ofc I'm never taking him out
nice 
me too lmao
Jun 13, 2023 11:31 AM
Oct 2019
the whole episode i'm thinking to myself, "jesus christ, i don't want to hear about these freakazoids and their backstories." and i still don't. but that "trust me i go back to the scene of the crime and jerk off" bit was like whoa. f'ed up, but true. don't think that made up for how much i didn't enjoy the prior 20 minutes
Jun 19, 2023 5:43 AM

Jul 2016
BlichoBoy said:

Tsurumi is the biggest nutjob of tsurumis army.
Jun 22, 2023 12:51 PM

Jan 2021
As always, Golden Kamuy doesn't cease to amaze with its backstories and plot twists!
Jun 27, 2023 3:57 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Usami's backstory with Tsurumi who has been using him and how fucked up his mind is... that was sure something
Jul 5, 2023 8:29 PM

Aug 2019
Usami getting jealous of the other boy getting attention from Tsurumi and killing him? I absolutely called it, but damn, this man really slipped under my radar during these previous seasons in regards to how insane he is. I think he might be the craziest which is saying something given the tough competition that he has in the 7th division.
Jul 18, 2023 2:37 AM

Aug 2022
Usami is so fucked up.
Jul 20, 2023 6:31 PM
May 2020
Geez, another scary villain origin story. And, just too many characters. I need to rewatch the previous seasons.
Aug 3, 2023 2:34 PM

Dec 2020
What a lil freak.

Tsurumi surrounded himself with crazies that basically live for him. Just the way he likes it lol
Aug 14, 2023 11:39 AM

Apr 2018
This mid-end episode flash back of ... whats his name again ? oh yeah usemi ? was not necessary.
Who cares about that guy? he's a nobody and no one likes him. just a freak without charisma.
-
i love that the russian dude teamed up with Sagamoto and Co.
-
Hope everything will end fine for Tanigaki.
Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes.
It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo.
Jan 7, 9:33 AM

Jun 2015
The poor boy! The poor horse!

I never liked this bastard with the tattoo!
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 4, 3:11 PM

Nov 2020
The 7th Division is a bunch of psychopaths, on the one hand we have disturbing things like in this episode and on the other hand, absurd humor related to sausages, I love this combination xD

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 4th Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2023

60 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 4, 5:57 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 4th Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

94 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 4, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 4th Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2023

40 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 4, 4:13 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 4th Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2023

56 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 4, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 4th Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2023

53 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 4, 5:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.