Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 14, 2023 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
It's the second episode and we already got one of those exam episodes. 

It's nice to see Lemon get some screen time though and they're starting to slowly introduce the main cast besides just Mash. Speaking of which, he also takes part in this entrance exam. Finn's personality is lowkey entertaining to watch and I hope he gets more screen time along with the others. Definitely someone to keep an eye on too.

Apr 14, 2023 8:28 AM

May 2020
The deal was for Mash to become a divine visionary, and so here he is at the venue of entrance examination, the Easton Academy itself. And so Easton being a magic school, of course you ought to know how to use magic itself if one wishes to ace through the exams, but hey magic… Mash… nah this combo doesn’t exist. Dude was doing his dumbbells, single leg squat, and whatever not, like usual. No surprises he got on the nerves of the examiner lol. Though every one of his schemes, FAILED emphatically.

Mash really took the phrase, muscling through something a tad too seriously. I mean first during the written exams, and then the final part, that whole maze course… he fucking SMASHED through the walls instead of clearing the course lmao, failing yet another of examiner’s schemes, that honey trap he planned with Lemon. Though Lemon didn’t succeed, unsurprisingly, she indeed gained one friend in that process, and moreover even revealed his schemes to the head master. She, a fine girl, but misunderstands things real quick lol.

The Headmaster did test Mash, but as if it’d have stopped Mash from clearing the exams. He’s already in the academy now, and is already friends with Finn. The group will only get bigger from here on.

By the way, that Sphinx’s riddle, Lemon should’ve known the answer, it's really famous after all.
Apr 14, 2023 9:25 AM
Sep 2021
Good episode. The misunderstanding between Mash and Lemon got me laughing. Seems Mash isn't confident about being number one in the school. 
Apr 14, 2023 10:02 AM
Apr 2018
still don't know how to feel about this show :( I really wanted to like it but i haven't laughed even once. mash is a sweet kid but idk if i can take 12 eps of the same joke
Apr 14, 2023 10:03 AM

Dec 2019
Humor's too iffy for me, never really clicked in this episode like the first one. Not a fan of how awkward the start is, and I dont even think its an adaptation problem at least.
Apr 14, 2023 10:04 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Thats quite the amount of important people attending the entrance exam. His helpers really need to work on how not to look dodgy. Mash's responses to Claude though was amusing. But being able to overcome all the tests using his own methods sure was impressive. Lemon played the role of a accident prone mage pretty well. The final exam was pretty interesting in the answers that Mash gave not to mention his actions. Looks like Mash's adventures is going to be one hell of a headache for the instructors. Overall a fun ep that did well to intruduce some new faces and settings while also showing well just how Mash would overcome the trials that he would face. The question though how can he hope to achieve any kind of results in a magic academy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2023 10:04 AM

Nov 2019
Lemon just living her own delusion. What a jerk that examiner was tho. At least the headmaster was fair.

Well maybe the VooDoo doll was a bit much

Apr 14, 2023 10:05 AM
May 2021
i really like this show. mash is a sweetheart and he's pretty too. i laughed embarrassingly hard at him naming his muscles. id love to get to know kevin and mike, lmao looking forward to the rest of the show
My 2023 candies:
Apr 14, 2023 10:06 AM

Dec 2022
mash somehow got into the academy but its intriguing to see how long he will last
Apr 14, 2023 10:09 AM

Oct 2022
Finally Mash joined the academy and now the main cast of characters will start to appear and the show will begin to pick up its pace.
Apr 14, 2023 10:11 AM
Jul 2021
can't wait for the other Characters 💥
Apr 14, 2023 10:11 AM

Mar 2020
I sincerely hope that this was the lowest it gets, as while I enjoyed the comedy aspect at points, the characters just aren't that interesting to me, and that examiner was such a generic character as well. The presentation and visuals aren't all that standout either, but not terrible. Finn and Lemon at least did catch my interest a little, we'll see they're more likeable.

I'm quite mixed on the show so far, but will still continue to give it a chance. Hopefully as the school life kicks off, it grows on me more.
Apr 14, 2023 10:12 AM
Sep 2015
Not gonna lie, the test give me the impression that it is the school entrance test, not transfer test, I'm quite surprised to learn that Mashle is a transfer student. I have yet to learn the school system, like how many year the student need to graduate, and which year does Mashle enroll in, but other than that I think it use the same system as Harry Potter.
Apr 14, 2023 10:13 AM

Jul 2017
The Easton Magic Academy will be Mash's starting point, though its first stage is to pass the notorious entrance exam.

The supreme Magus Cum Laude Claude Lucci being skeptical about the applicants...except when it comes to Mash, he's damn lax...and even has time to jab at Claude's extreme ways of examination, which is not easy to pass...and Mash found a way to pass each and every test on Easy Mode lols. What hilarities of mockery, that Claude will not relent until the job is done. The usual Harry Potter-like endless maze, and Mash is joined by Lemon Irvine...which as to be expected, betrays him for her own personal reason. Nevertheless, the trap-laden maze will trap those not expected, and Lemon finds herself cornered by facing the sphinx and solving its riddle, which Mash saved her in a flash, and trounced through the maze by smashing his way through walls.

Not even Claude's honey trap student Lemon could stop him, and the rest of the students all vote for his ousting...though I didn't expect Lemon to twist her words just to break her promise with Claude. Still, the professor doesn't stop, until Headmaster Wahlberg intercepts control and whizzes Mash for the final interview in front of the school's council. The headmaster wastes no time in making sure that Mash is put in his place on his ignorance by wasting on his Gramps, which he indicates this as a test of his valour. With that, Mash is welcomed into the magic academy.

Even in school, Mash's reputation is not sullied by being different and all in wack hilarity, together with his roommate Finn Ames, though the road to become the Divine Visionary by earning coins and being diligent at studies...will not be easy for Mash.

Funny episode lols.
Apr 14, 2023 10:17 AM

Feb 2019
Idk man now that I’ve read Spellblades I just can’t really take this show seriously as a Harry Potter style magic set up. I feel like this is going to get very redundant
Apr 14, 2023 10:25 AM

Jun 2020
Hmm idk what to think about this episode you know

Apr 14, 2023 10:29 AM
Apr 2021
GOD IS DEAD in first magic lesson
Apr 14, 2023 10:31 AM

Jan 2012
Another fun episode. At times it still feels like some jokes in the show were artificially added for the sake of it being more goofy but other than that it’s pretty ok.
Apr 14, 2023 10:34 AM

Dec 2020
I just love this humor and comedy aspects i laughed so much that’s too good.
Mash is going through the labyrinth i thought he would do that, the exam test was fast but nice to watch it was entertaining.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Apr 14, 2023 10:36 AM

Aug 2020
very funny .
quite literal and simple minded mc 
!!yahooo!!

Apr 14, 2023 10:42 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This adaptation looks like a conservative one with only minor animation peaks throughout, maybe better so they can actually finish an anime cour (Aniplex pls) 
Apr 14, 2023 10:43 AM
Sep 2021
Mashle cleared his entrance exam easily, the comedic elements also improved this episode.
Apr 14, 2023 10:48 AM

Oct 2020
The Lemon girl will be a funny girl, Finn is a decent character to meet.
Apr 14, 2023 10:51 AM

Nov 2016
For those saying that the humor is forced and repetitive, you're definitely right.

Still another enjoyable episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 14, 2023 10:53 AM

Jun 2016
Ahhh the episode that I expected when I saw it was an entrance exam which is just Mash blowing his way through the exam with brute force. Expected but not unsatisfying or unenjoyable because I very much enjoyed it lol. I look forward to seeing where it goes next
Gift by Mimurona

Apr 14, 2023 11:01 AM

Jul 2009
Muscle mages stand on the pinacle of magic
bruh
Apr 14, 2023 11:02 AM

Jul 2017
A very bland, run-of-the-mill episode as a whole. For a Jump title with some modest popularity going for it, this series feels like a lot is missing from it. Not that fun, too repetitive and forced, not an interesting hook for the series to build on yet, and a lack of appealing characters (whether the main one or the others so far). It's still very early but there's not much potential shown by this series in the first 2 episodes. Even the production is not awful but just exists for the most part, not much soul in the adaptation to elevate the manga material whatsoever.

Hell when One Punch Man had those tests, even though I'm not a fan of that series, that at least had some genuinely fun and over-the-top moments that stuck out to me with real energy and wackiness, this transfer test on the other hand, felt way too safe and dull and didn't offer anything memorable to make this show stick out whatsoever.
Apr 14, 2023 11:13 AM
Sep 2021
OMG SUCH A GOOD EPISODE!!!! Loving this anime so far
Apr 14, 2023 11:13 AM

Dec 2018
another good episode, i hope they expound on the gimmick and make it a bit more multifaceted. best comedy this season (until golden kamuy comes back)
Apr 14, 2023 11:18 AM
Nov 2021
In this episode Irvine gave me aqua vibes bec of her clumsy nature. This ep continued with mash crushing the entrance exam. It also made clear that mash is nothing in front of powerful magician like the overwhelming principal. 
I'm curious whether anyone knows about mash's secret or not though.
Apr 14, 2023 11:21 AM

Jun 2020
syed122 said:
Diz0rderx said:
OMG SUCH A GOOD EPISODE!!!! Loving this anime so far
hmm you think so? i dont know i guess we will see how it leads now

Apr 14, 2023 11:35 AM
Dec 2022
Episodes are decent. But I don't feel anything about it don't know why. Manga's art is so cool but the animation is not lively, didn't expect it from A1 tbh.
Apr 14, 2023 11:36 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Okay so the exam episode was done very well in my opinion. We got introduced to some interesting people here :) I'm hyped, it is one of the simulcasts i look forward to :)
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Apr 14, 2023 11:40 AM

Sep 2018
Mashle's just a really cute and charming series, don't have much to say. Oh, I will say that I dig the hip hop OST, sounds very Lotus Juice-like.
Apr 14, 2023 11:42 AM

Nov 2020
"GOD IS DEAD" one of the first quotes of  the future best student in all the school. The exam was done well and we even got to see new characters at the start of it. Let's see how Mash develops at the school as he doesn't see himself as the top 1
Apr 14, 2023 11:42 AM
Nov 2021
I liked his interaction with the headmaster
Apr 14, 2023 12:00 PM

Dec 2013
Comedy is entirely subjective but man, not a single joke has landed for me and it feels like it is trying too hard, I guess the show is not for me and should drop it but I'll stick around for Lemon, she is cute.

Saitama and Shigeo are the same archetype of OP characters and a blank face but Mash just looks bored and in turn making me get bored.
Apr 14, 2023 12:05 PM

Oct 2011
my magic is never give up
Apr 14, 2023 12:26 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
As expected, Mashle literally crushed the entrance exam into Easton Magic Academy. Claude Lucci  tried to throw everything Mashle including getting  Lemon Irvine to befriend and betray Mashle, but nothing worked. Even though Mashle was able to convince Headmaster Wahlberg to be accepted into Easton Academy, he still has a long way to go as he cannot solve every problems with just his fists alone.
Apr 14, 2023 12:30 PM

Jul 2021
Sanji is the narrator lmao
Apr 14, 2023 12:31 PM
Aug 2020
I enjoyed every seconds, I love Mashle, he is so funny to watch…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 14, 2023 12:38 PM
Feb 2021
Black clover x Harry potter
Apr 14, 2023 12:44 PM

Feb 2021
It seems everything on this show is a Harry Potter reference.

The labyrinth exam, the Sphinx riddle, teleportation using green flames, the bully profressor with the long-bowl hair cut, the powerful old man headmaster, even Mash's hair and scar looks similar to Harry's...

You know the author read the books when he included the Sphinx riddle lol

Apr 14, 2023 12:55 PM

Jun 2017
Mash not being able to use magic seems like a real problem for classes...how will he get away with it all the time. lol
Apr 14, 2023 12:56 PM
Jul 2021
syed122 said:
syed122 said:
hmm you think so? i dont know i guess we will see how it leads now

more than excited about this anime. Can't wait for the future episodes
Apr 14, 2023 12:58 PM
Oct 2016
Mash has entered the prestigious magic Academy that will let him become the divine visionary as per the deal he made last episode. Naturally there's a big entrance exam to see who can attend the academy. Mash busting his way through obstacles will become a running theme. As he did with the maze here, breaking down all walls to get to end of the maze quickly in the time limit. Mash meet a very cute girl names Lemon while in the maze, one of the first friends he will make at this magic Academy. Although she did try to sabotage his exam due to the deal she made exam professor to make Mash fail it was nice to see Mash come rescue her. Punching that riddle telling sphinx right in the face! Mash using his strength to get out of situations will be funny to see keep happening. Forcing the written exam questions to stay still just by scaring them out of their spell. Mash showed more of his good heart by putting his hand under that blade in the spell the headmaster created. Willing to use his strength to sacrifice for the person he cared most. That's what the headmaster wanted to make sure Mash understood about strength. Mash meeting his roommate Finn was cool. Finn being very used to the magic world trying to understand how weird Mash is whom knows none of it.
Apr 14, 2023 1:02 PM

Dec 2020
"God is dead" lol

Lemon is cute! I like Finn as well. 
Apr 14, 2023 1:05 PM
Feb 2021
i loved the eSh ti out of the ep laughed out loud to the part god is dead
there is a big problem tho
only a week from now will i and many others be able to see the next episode.. how saddening
Apr 14, 2023 1:14 PM

Oct 2022
PRiMEog said:
Black clover x Harry potter

Black clover x Harry potter featuring saitama ( who drew black lines on his face……dr.Stone style)

👻🎃 🎃👻

Apr 14, 2023 1:20 PM

Jul 2007
Thought the episode was underwhelming and wasn't as funny as the first episode. Mash has got the personality of a rock; he also reminds me of yamada from yamada-kun to lv999. I do have to say, though, that I enjoy his adorable moments like when he's nom-ing away at his cream puffs.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» im not a big fan of parody's and gag human shows

mydaddy - Aug 31

15 by Tahmim97 »»
Sep 3, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Mashle Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2023

241 by Bermzz3y »»
Sep 2, 7:31 PM

Poll: » Mashle Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

rasterman7 - May 12, 2023

131 by TrebleClef798 »»
Sep 2, 7:34 AM

Poll: » Mashle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2023

160 by Robrob3821 »»
Jul 29, 9:19 AM

Poll: » Mashle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2023

158 by Robrob3821 »»
Jul 29, 9:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.