Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2023 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
This definitely feels like Seika's biggest challenge in the show yet. It's been building up to this point with his match up against Kyle since they first met.

On the other hand, at least we find out more about Mabel. And...Seika's talents seems to have exceeded beyond expectations.
Feb 18, 2023 10:50 AM

Oct 2017
Mabel's backstory was tragic. Good thing Seika saved her. She looks cute with her original hair color.
Feb 18, 2023 11:01 AM

Jul 2017
Seika conversing with Mabel on the tournament as the fake hero to draw attention to the demons, and letting herself be killed by the Evil Eye slaughterer Kyle to be sure that the hero is dead, Kyle is one of the experimental guinea pigs of mercenaries from the Rugrock Merchants Association made from orphan children, trained from young with only 1 out of 4 being able to be implanted with magic. And Mabel is part of that group of 4, breathing Kyle down her throat for revenge. But Seika has it all clarified: both Mabel and Kyle being siblings, and he decides that it's worthless for Mabel to be killed by her brother. The baton passed onto him to ease her worries and fight her heart out, and the true extent of Mabel and Seika's fight in the colosseum, it's obvious that Mabel has no chance of winning against Seika, leaving him to defeat Kyle.

The last match of Seika vs. Kyle, and the former throws every bit of his exorcist magic against the slaughterer. And when Kyle is about to face death on his own, Seika almost emerges his reincarnation power to save Kyle, which would break his reason of why he's reincarnated in the 1st place. Everything worked out as it should be, except keeping the cursed brother under wraps from the public. This matter is quickly resolved with only the relevant info, and Amyu wanting a quick bout to test Mabel for bragging rights, the real and fake heroes entering a truce, thereby with the academy gaining people and the Association losing one of their numbers.

Mabel, now shedding her facade, starts off anew, and at the very least, is relieved of her burden.

Quite the fast episode this time with no rests at all.
Feb 18, 2023 11:14 AM

Feb 2019
Damn I love how seika got that elaina morality. Bro could’ve brought Kyle back to life but passed on it to not stand out too much. I like seeing MCs that don’t just conform to the usual “heroic path”.

Mabel backstory really tragic. I thought Amyu had it rough but Mabel way worse off. I like how the entire group kinda has been fucked over in the past and are able to find comfort in one another.
Feb 18, 2023 11:40 AM

Dec 2022
I already wondered that he really would blow his cover for Mabel? I would've expected it for Amyu later down the story line... or for Yifa. But for Mabel would've indeed be a bit too 'early'.
However, I like it so far and I'm still interested in how this will play out and what sacrifices Seika will be willing to make for his 'happy life'. This was a first, let's say, minor sacrifice for his goal.

Cr4v1nDys
Feb 18, 2023 12:19 PM

Dec 2022
maybell joined seikas group
Feb 18, 2023 12:57 PM

Jun 2015
Ive lived a long life
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Feb 18, 2023 1:13 PM

Feb 2022
Interesting change for Seika's character, so far they played him as cold and calculated because of his past but all of a sudden he's back to his old ways of helping people in need... seems like a quick turnaround. I guess it's a good thing Yuki is there to remind him not to blow his cover... he seemed more pissed that someone thought they were better than him at curses than he was that the dude died honestly so at least they're not reversing his personality too much yet.

300+ years old... dang hopefully next time she gives Seika a heads up instead of blindly trying to manipulate him, I was surprised at how calmly he took her admitting to using him.
Feb 18, 2023 2:29 PM
Aug 2022
Main char op 300 age elf ha
Feb 18, 2023 2:41 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Good backstory, EPIC SUMMON, and emotional with Seika almost losing control !!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Feb 18, 2023 3:08 PM
Mar 2010
the_cure said:
I already wondered that he really would blow his cover for Mabel? I would've expected it for Amyu later down the story line... or for Yifa. But for Mabel would've indeed be a bit too 'early'.
However, I like it so far and I'm still interested in how this will play out and what sacrifices Seika will be willing to make for his 'happy life'. This was a first, let's say, minor sacrifice for his goal.
I don't think he was going to do it for Mabel.  It seemed to me like it was his EGO making him do it.  Like "Oh? Think they think they can outcurse me? I'll show them!" and was going to resurrect the guy just as a middle finger to the guys who did that to Kyle.
Feb 18, 2023 3:16 PM
Personified

Sep 2022
Maybel's past is revealed to us all and its quite tragic to say the least. We find out that Kyle is her brother and along with 2 other friends they were a group of 4 kids grouped by mercenaries training together in magic. The messed up bit is that only 1 of the 4 kids is implemented with magic, the remaining 3 are killed by that 1 kid. Maybel was apparently supposed to be killed by Kyle in the finals as she was like a stand in for Amu as a fake hero. But Seika decides that won't happen and tells her he will deal with Kyle. Seika vs Maybell happens and Seika wins convincingly. Seika vs Kyle in the finals.

We see how strong Kyle is with the initial attacks by Seika doing nothing but then Seika summons a monster that knocks Kyle to the floor (all of this is happening in a large red mist so no one can see what is happening). Kyle then Succumbs to a curse placed on him which Seika tries but fails to save him. He then tries to use reincarnation powers in a desperate attempt to revive him but Yuki then reminds him of why he reincarnated in the first place. In the end he keeps Kyle in the void, he could potentially revive him later I guess. Maybell and Seika have a burial for Kyle with Seika relaying one last message to Maybell from Kyle, "Sorry about the clover".

After the tournament Amu and Maybell have a little duel with Amu winning and the both now being friends. They head back to the academy with Seika and the principal going over the mercenaries initial plan again but the principal using Seika as her trump card deciding to save Maybell intervened with the mercenaries plans.   

Now with that all done Maybell goes back to her natural hair colour and for the first time in her life she has a reason to study, seems like Seika and Efa won't be going easy on her, much to Maybell's dismay lol.

It was nice to see a backstory on Maybell and Kyle. What will happen next??

Feb 18, 2023 4:01 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
this show has some of the cutest girls of the season and i actually like Seika more than most Isekai protags, too bad its so generic and riskless lol
Feb 18, 2023 4:03 PM
Feb 2023
Feb 18, 2023 4:11 PM

Mar 2021
Best episode so far imo (Mabel background / fight / Seika's tragic choice / Story keep progressing)
Feb 18, 2023 4:26 PM
Dec 2021
sometimes I find it funny about how 14 yr old kids talks about sacrificing themselves for noble cause.
Feb 18, 2023 4:28 PM

Mar 2013
Mabel is actually a cute and an adorable character... like the rest of them? her stoic and shrewd personality while she was disguised as a fake hero was actually a facade to confuse the hidden masterminds who are plotting against them, what's more, she was given or sold to the academy to die? thanks to Seika, that plan was done and stopped.

On another note, the emperor should be joining the finals to be one of the audiences but didn't attend? I guess there's some conspiracy in the shadows. This is getting more interesting each episode.

What's more interesting is that Seika could actually perform something like a body switch to revive someone? of course, thanks to Yuki, his rage was calmed and was pointed out his real goal in this new life of his. Good job Yuki!

At the end of this episode, enjoying Mabel's true colour is such a wonderful fan service for me.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 18, 2023 5:54 PM

Feb 2019
Yifa suffered under Seika's tutelage, now she's enjoying seeing someone else struggle under his strict way of teaching lol
Feb 18, 2023 8:02 PM
Mar 2021
Mabel freed from her brother. No more regret
Feb 18, 2023 9:43 PM

Dec 2022
arleas said:
I don't think he was going to do it for Mabel. It seemed to me like it was his EGO making him do it. ...

That also played a part. But his ulterior motive is that he is doing all of this for Mabel imo. His actual plan was to lose before the finals, but for her he decided to save Kyle from becoming a mercenary and show her that only he can reach Mabel's goal/that he is the strongest. While he got mad at the curse-users, he didn't do it solely because they used a curse and he got offended by that. He got mad because it was Kyle they used it on. The boy he wanted to protect/save for Mabel's sake. I'm quite sure if it wasn't Kyle, he wouldn't have done the same for any other opponent being in a similar situation just because of his ego.

Cr4v1nDys
Feb 18, 2023 10:31 PM

Aug 2012
Did anyone else noticed that a Matsuoka Yoshitsugu character was fighting a Minotaur? Lol
I was wondering if that was on purpose. XD
Feb 18, 2023 10:35 PM
Dec 2022
It was good and I liked that I could see him get angry but then again it would have been better if he had revived him on the spot after he got made because I would have liked that more
Feb 19, 2023 1:04 AM

Jan 2015
I thought Seika going to struggle fighting Kyle, but his summon held back its power lol.
Feb 19, 2023 1:31 AM

Mar 2015
Mabel's moe level skyrocketed this ep. Guess that's the benefit of youth, you can bounce back if put in the right place with the right guidance.
Feb 19, 2023 4:35 AM
Apr 2013
Hmm. Not quite what I was expecting, though I think I was so caught up with everything I lost track.
It's easy to forget that, assuming the anime is going on for 13 eps we're just barely past the halfway mark right now, soo. I'm curious though whats going to happen in the rest.
All things considered its still great so far, though this ep was a bit weird.

So we had a lot of talking at the start, I wasnt expecting mabel to just blab explain everything at the start.
The fight against mabel. I think seika is just way too strong, so we all knew mabel never really stood a chance.

Next up is the fight against kyle. Kyle definitely seemed to be a bit more resistant than mabel, though. Seika actually summoned twice in one fight this time, though...a bit strange? That puts his total summon count up to 8 now? Kyle was pretty strong, but seika doesnt even need to do anything when he can just summon.

The part that doesnt really make sense is why would the mercenaries put a self destruct on their own, like, what?
It's too bad, seika was going to demonstrate/use his OP powers, but unfortunately he had to hold back because it would have been too much, alas. Though I'm expecting this to show up again sometime, maybe?

Amyu got to spar with mabel again, though again its not quite obvious who is actually stronger.
Otherwise it seems things more or less went as seika predicted.
Its not immediately obvious just how much the principal knows though, but apparently everything went according to her plan as well.
Assuming seika had a normal human lifespan before he reincarnated he's probably nowhere near as old though, but well details.

So mabel, her placement in the OP is a bit different from yifa and amyu, but now that everything is over I'm assuming she'll be a regular member at this point? We'll have to see how things go next ep since anything can happen.
Speaking of the OP, we still have lots of other characters who havent shown up yet, though eh. They even skipped the ed this time.
Also mabel has gone back to her original hair colour, which I dunno, both looked kinda interesting to me. It's funny how she also has the same syndrome as amyu where her uh, characterization(?) became very different.

Speaking of amyu and yifa hopefully they get something to do next time
Feb 19, 2023 4:36 AM

Jun 2016
this episode so solid and really good !!!

Feb 19, 2023 5:50 AM

May 2021
Just things happening without any reason or background story. I think writers are actually trying to make something that sounds sane but it ends up being nonsense. Random factions show up and disappear from episode to episode.

Main character is of course untouchable and has unlimited power. I know that is the whole premise here, but it's not fun when he just invents something on the spot and everyone goes "oooh aaaaah". Naruto fights felt epic exactly because we've been shown how destructive and impossible to control his powers were, so when the time of grave danger came you felt he had no other choice. When those tails came out you felt the dread that was coming.

This show to me feels like someone inflating the balloon and then letting it fart its air out. Hype hype, build up... pffrrrrtrtrtrtrt...
Feb 19, 2023 7:35 AM
Jan 2016
Really liked maybel development and the end scene is funny.
Feb 20, 2023 4:49 PM

May 2018
ok Mabel looks so kawaii with gray hair... so kawaii
Feb 20, 2023 10:52 PM
Oct 2018
The way Seika don't want to lose against that curse, he can cure that curse yet he didn't do it because it's gonna broke his way of life that he sworn. That's unexpected.

Isekai MCs are usually broke their "promise" for something that looks "greater". In this case abandoning his way of life for saving someone life.

Tho considering the murder by Kyle, "sacrificing" his life is to be expected.
Feb 21, 2023 9:32 PM
Mar 2012
Seika such a poet full of 'elegance' lol.
Rugrock, school, Seika, Amyu everyone playing 4d chess using each other.
Surprise mc gaveup reviving Kyle, having Yuki enforce his life goal instead of falling into the op mc tropes.
rip Kyle. Mabel return to grey hair & big character shift is nicer now.
Feb 22, 2023 9:13 AM

Dec 2018
kyle's death was written off so fast it gave me whiplash. also "i don't want to stand out to much" but he literally won a huge tournament.
StateofOhayoFeb 22, 2023 9:16 AM
Feb 22, 2023 12:35 PM

Nov 2013
we had a little image of Maybell with her brother and 2 more people
Seika caught up with her but didn't feel like fighting
"there was always 2 moons"... unless... you came from other world :v
Maybell is standing in for the hero, while waiting for the killer guy to kill her, so everyone thinks the hero is gone... that's sad
oh, the picture at the start, her brother is one of the 2 who died... the killer had a surgery to kill his emotions... geez lmao these guys suck
Maybell doesn't want the killer to beat her, she wants to kill him in revenge for her brother, but that's a lie, kyle is her brother, but he himself told her to kill him if he turned bad

Seika doesn't want her to die, so he will beat kyle and protect her at the academy, because, he is the strongest (i thought he didn't want to say it to anyone)

the fight is finally here, and Maybell is using a big axe
starting strong , she went all in with a lot of speed and power, but Seika dodged it with his shikigami
he then used a vine to stop her, but it wasn't enough... but his gravity magic made the axe impossible to move... and then came some stronger vines that she couldn't break out from... and with a light spell in the axe, he picked it and the match is over by referee decision

the finals are starting, but first, Seika must ask Kyle about his sister and stuff, and while Kyle remembers her as precious family, he was ordered to kill her, so there's no choice

seika started with a red smoke, but that didn't do anything, since kyle has no fear
he sent a fire ball, no damage, thanks to the dark spell
next, vercury vine, that beat Maybell,, but he easily destroyed with with his dark magic
kyle tried his luck with his attack, but seika shielded it

next, a summon, and that's the reason why he used the red smoke, to not be disquilified
and with 1 hit, kyle got defeated
his curse activated, and seika tried to save him, but he couldn't
kyle asked him to tell her something, and then fainted
Seika is more than mad, curses are his speciality and he lost to one LOL
he was about to undo the curse, but that would be too much, if he did it, there's no way people are going to ignored him anymore, Yuki made him stop in time
he still made the body disappear, and used the excuse that his magic obliterated the opponent lol
well with the win, he got a prize money, but declined to join the royal guards

Maybell and Seika making a little burrial for kyle, even tho there's no body... and he appologised for the clover hairpin (we saw it at the start)

LOL Amu asked Maybell for a sword fight, and this time, she can use magic while Maybell doesn't... talk about revenge
and the match was over with just one hit, the magic sword beat the non magic sword, as expected
Amu showing off that she can use every magic, isn't she too cool?
Amu wants Maybell to keep improving, since she is the only good sparring partner, everyone else is noob

talking to the principal, she used Seika to save Maybell before she could fight Kyle, lol she is happy with the results, the enemy lost 2 strong characters just like that
she pitied Maybell, was was strong but just wanted to kill her brother
the principal (who is way over 300yo) sure knows how strong other people are
Maybell is safe now, and Seika has to be a good senpai lols
speaking of MAybell, her hair color is back to what it was before
Maybell doesn't want to study, but Efa says Seika isn't being strict enough HAHAHAHA school is scary
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Feb 24, 2023 11:02 AM
Aug 2022
Que increible cantidad de texto no se si me estaba leyendo los 50 capitulos de genesis o si estaba viendo un anime
Feb 26, 2023 8:42 AM

Oct 2015
It is a shame that the dude couldn't be saved. Dude make it look like a walk in the park more so than I would've thought as well.

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

Mar 2, 2023 7:07 AM

Aug 2019
LOL "did you hold back?" *Demon gives thumbs up* :)

I loved this episode! We saw the finale of the tournament, with Seika sweeping the last two fighters, Mabel and Kyle, who are revealed to be brother and sister. Things started to get kinda messed up honestly, which makes me wonder, are people really cool with the Merchants Association just doing stuff like that? Like what? 0_0

Also I'm so glad Mabel is still here. I was convinced she would leave or something in this episode, but it looks like she'll be sticking around for a bit longer, which I'm definitely not complaining about! She might still be able to live a nice life :D Plus she is adorable now that she doesn't have to worry about her past and can just focus on school. I loved that ending lol
Mar 4, 2023 7:05 PM
Dec 2022
Glad Efa was finally able to convey her feelings properly. She's better off with Seika than that selfish and cowardly prince. Seika will be in for a big showdown.
Mar 10, 2023 6:25 AM
Aug 2021
cara brabo demais
Mar 13, 2023 2:20 PM

Nov 2013
I'm confused now.

Seika showed empathy towards the demon spy he killed in prev.episode.

He saved Mabel and even wanted to go as far as resurrecting her brother!

What was all that cringe/edgy "I'll use Amu" moment in earlier episode then??? If he can't stop but help people like in previous life, why would he be willing to exploit a hero? 

Well, at least now it seems more likely he'll abandon his cringe/edgy self at some point in the future, and won't exploit Amu.
Mar 17, 2023 5:25 PM

Jan 2011
That familiar of his became even more annoying.

Even though he could have revived Kyle, he didn't for the sake of "not standing out"
letting Maybell lose her brother. This, despite the fact that he stood out from the 
beginning and he just won a tournament where people die....

Yeah, sure, you aren't standing out at all. 

It would have been better if Kyle just died without all that "no curse can win against me" drama.
If I could, I would give this anime a 0 score...which is very rare for me.
Apr 3, 2023 4:37 AM

Sep 2012
i stopped counting after 300 lol

Mable: Yifa plz help me

Yifa: i think ur to easy on her

ME: LMAO
Apr 6, 2023 12:15 AM

May 2020
Hehe, he revealed the details he knew about Mabel to her. Also figured out Kyle is her brother.

Mabel was underestimating Seika a lot, but he doesn't want to lose. 

Whoa, the principal understands Seika. Yifa at the end though, saying he's going easy on her. 🤣🤣🤣
Mar 2, 12:36 AM
Dec 2021
Probably the best ep so far because story and actual character depth this ep
May 5, 3:21 PM
Nov 2020
Feels More of an ending than the actual ending

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tenseiki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2023

64 by yannyiwnl »»
May 20, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tenseiki Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2023

138 by argy97 »»
Apr 9, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tenseiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

56 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 7, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tenseiki Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2023

37 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 7, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tenseiki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2023

63 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 7, 11:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.