Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2022 5:43 AM

Jul 2008
Junta was a real childhood friend. I called it. The classic anime trope from nerd to baseball ikemen. Ended up feeling bad for Ryuya when he confessed that Anzu was his first crush. Kind of liked him by the end of the episode too. The ending was particularly hilarious with his happy rejection party.
Oct 28, 2022 5:54 AM

Feb 2019
So Junta was actually a childhood friend. puberty was very kind to him

To bad about that fully expected rejection though.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Oct 28, 2022 7:05 AM

Jan 2021
They even celebrated his rejection XD they are real friends.

Oct 29, 2022 8:26 AM

Jan 2013
Best episode yet, Junta isn't brainwashed after all, I bet this ends when it's just starting to get really good.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Oct 29, 2022 6:35 PM

Mar 2020
So Junta is genuinely liked Anzu, and he actually a childhood friend of hers. I'm glad that it's not because of Riri's magic that makes Junta like Anzu, and it's just that Riri gives him the chance to be with Anzu faster. Otherwise, it would be wrong to make him fall in love using magic. And I also love Ryuya's story too, even though he's a cheating one but... Overall, pretty good episode 👍
Oct 30, 2022 11:37 AM
Sep 2022
I really wondering which one she's gonna be together or is she
Oct 30, 2022 12:38 PM

Oct 2017
Junta really was her childhood friend, it was hinted before and this was a nice reveal. Pretty fun episode with the reunion party and stuff. Though I wish they met Kazuki too.
Nov 3, 2022 12:33 AM
Jul 2021
HAPPY REJECTION!!!!
Nov 4, 2022 6:01 PM

Jul 2022
In an earlier episode discussion I was firmly on Team Tsukasa, but now I feel so terrible for Baby Junta getting screwed over by Ryuya.
Nov 5, 2022 5:36 AM

Jan 2020
So Junta came from behind to have a much more significant role than we were led to be believe.

Anzu is doing surprisingly well at non-video games. I figured physical activities would be her achilleas heel. But, somehow she managed to do well at bowling and arcade games too. Weird.

But, the weirdest thing about this episode is how harshly Ryuya was being judged by Anzu. We barely know anything about his situation and she is over here like, "I can't trust you." Like, how about the fact that you guys haven't seen each other in a long time and have had no other interaction up until that point? I'd think it'd be more of a matter of them not really knowing who each other is at this moment in their lives, rather than criticizing a past that she wasn't even apart of. It's really, really weird that she felt so offended that he had a crush on her, and yet pursued other girls after they were apart. She isn't even supposed to care about romance, yet she clings to such an old-fashioned concept? Weird, weird, weird. This whole situation was just kind of weird.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Nov 6, 2022 9:57 AM

Jun 2020
OMfGgGggGggggggGGGGGG JunTaaaaa iS SOOOOO FUUUUUUUUcKiiiiNNNNgghh CUUUUTeeeeeeeeeeeeee so precious uwu

I was rooting for Kazuki x Anzu but I thought Junta wasn’t actually a childhood friend. This changes everything, his feelings are real too. It felt like only Kazuki’s developing feels were genuine. This is so cute tho we stan osananajimi. So cute…..I like Kazuki for her, they are good for each other, but Junta is so sweet, soooo cuteeeeee. It was kinda sad too when Riri was talking bout how they would have missed out on each other & not be in each other’s lives, she gave them the chance to reunite, even if it’s just as friends, sure it means a lot to Junta too

Also that reunion couldn’t have been more accurate lol!!!! Not that guy speaking into the mic lolololllll. I love the little details they have to make even the side characters seem more lively, super cute!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Nov 7, 2022 6:14 AM
Oct 2019
Finally Junta focus episode, this is what i'm waiting for.

no way, Junta was actually Anzu real Osana Najimi called Tonta.
damn puberty hits really hard.

They celebrated Ryuya Rejection LMAO

Nov 7, 2022 9:41 AM
Sep 2021
beatifullnes un'cliche
Nov 7, 2022 6:28 PM

Apr 2015
I was just going to comment in the last episode discussion, but this episode was so good.

I KNEW IT Junta wasn't a fake childhood friend, on episode 6 they tease a weird first person flashback. So i start to think that he actually really love our main girl for a long time.

Love the episode with reunion friends and Baseball Bro always my favorite character in theses School SoL anime.
Nov 8, 2022 5:28 AM

Sep 2017
top 10 anime transformations...

atleast we see why anzu acts dense

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Nov 8, 2022 6:13 AM
May 2020
tonta was junta? this mc and her memory 😂😂😂
Nov 17, 2022 1:04 PM

Mar 2018
I thought Saki was also a childhood friend since she knew Junta at the beginning. Need more Saki before the end
ZoshlogNov 17, 2022 2:15 PM
Nov 21, 2022 1:15 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Doesn't seem like it has been mentioned yet, so, evangelion reference

Also, Riri turned into f*cking Yotsuba from quintessential quintuplets

Speaking of Riri, the reveal that they can't manipulate emotions makes everything much better; it makes everything actually real. Riri just manipulates the situations to get our star-crossed-lovers to clash with each other. Junta also wasn't just conjured out of a thin air, which a lot of us probably thought really was the case at first, but no, he's actually a real person who really was Anzu's childhood friend who has now grown up into quite the man.... Anzu just never noticed because the only focus in her life were her games.

Anyway, F's in the chat for our fallen comrade Ryuya

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 27, 2022 11:41 PM

Feb 2021
Her childhood friend is really fun XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 7, 2022 9:22 PM

Mar 2014
Happy Rejection LOL I love this friend group

And it turns out she really did just completely not recognize her childhood friend Junta, oopsie!

commonxreaction said:
But, the weirdest thing about this episode is how harshly Ryuya was being judged by Anzu. We barely know anything about his situation and she is over here like, "I can't trust you." Like, how about the fact that you guys haven't seen each other in a long time and have had no other interaction up until that point? I'd think it'd be more of a matter of them not really knowing who each other is at this moment in their lives, rather than criticizing a past that she wasn't even apart of. It's really, really weird that she felt so offended that he had a crush on her, and yet pursued other girls after they were apart. She isn't even supposed to care about romance, yet she clings to such an old-fashioned concept? Weird, weird, weird. This whole situation was just kind of weird.

Thought the same too. Maybe they just didn't give enough emphasis on the gravity of him cheating when he dated other girls? She really did phrase it weird. She could've just said she had no interest in dating, not "what she looks for in a guy" and make it seem like he had a chance with her if he wasn't a cheater
Dec 15, 2022 7:18 PM

Oct 2016
I enjoyed this episode a lot! It's really refreshing seeing some backstory too.
Dec 18, 2022 12:12 AM

Aug 2015
Loved this episode, a fave so far :3 It really is nice that we've gotten to know the characters better little by little.

And yesss, Junta is so dang cute, gosh, love him ^^ Expected that maybe he looked different from childhood, though looks like she was also bad at remembering names.
It was good to see that he tried to talk to Anzu when he ran into her again in high school (though it was hard to because of his baseball practices and Anzu rushing to play games), and interesting to learn that Riri just sped up the process of them meeting again.

Anyway, she was very cool kicking the guys' butts in the games. Also, funny how her elementary school classmates knew her crush would be on video game characters X).

Happy Rejection Ryuya XD Good rub salt in his wound, cheating on girls and what not, he needs to work on that before he gets into another relationship. Can't believe he also lied to Junta, which separated him and Anzu during childhood, aww :( And well, props to him for apologizing to Junta. Also, really cool of Anzu for soothing things over with Ryuya so he could return to the hangout too. Good communication is what helps in friendships, nice *thumbs up*

Junta, I'm rooting for your happiness, sweet boy ^^ (however that may be of course).
Jan 5, 2023 2:43 PM
Oct 2019
RYUYA I FEEL BAD FOR YOU, honestly such a funny and sweet episode <3
Jan 6, 2023 5:15 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's nice that they met with their previous schoolmates, but sure Junta changed a lot I didn't expect him to be chubby as a kid xD
May 9, 2023 2:31 PM

Sep 2018
Seems like Junta's lack of determination is more to blame here than Anzu wanting to play video games.
Seems like there were plenty of times when he could have been more forceful and stopped her to ask if she wanted to hang out or something but instead he was just like "oh well" and walked off.
He was too timid to even make himself known, how would she have known that he was around, let alone that he had feelings for her?
KristiwazhereMay 9, 2023 2:50 PM
Jun 11, 2023 9:35 AM

Mar 2013
RIP Ryuya. lmao
This series is really hilarious.
Each episode is fulfilling to the brim.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jul 27, 2023 2:35 AM

Mar 2019
maybe its what the show wants me to think but it definitely feels like shes gonna end up with junta
Sep 13, 2023 12:18 PM
Sep 2023
So funny!!!!!!!!!
Nov 4, 2023 4:39 AM

Apr 2013
Well it was nice to see other people instead of just the three stooges.
Mar 1, 9:08 PM

May 2021
He got rejected before even finishing
Inhales oxygen
Mar 13, 1:05 AM

Oct 2021
"You're posing that like commander" is my favorite part.

I liked Anzu because she was that dorky "average" girl that wasn't like some amazing goddess that the school would fawn over like Komi or Marin or any of those others, but now it seems like it's just turned back into that with the amount of people who have a crush on her and it's like a reverse harem now.
Apr 24, 3:51 AM
Feb 2015
Love Anzu jojo mode, happy rejection lmao

More topics from this board

Poll: » Romantic Killer Episode 2 Discussion

shuffleair - Oct 27, 2022

36 by Lanz »»
Yesterday, 6:43 AM

» What?

Dije - May 31

7 by Rhae »»
May 31, 4:35 PM

Poll: » Romantic Killer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

truth999 - Oct 27, 2022

83 by Lanz »»
May 31, 2:29 AM

Poll: » Romantic Killer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

RafaelDeJongh - Oct 27, 2022

168 by DarkConan1412 »»
Apr 28, 2:54 AM

Poll: » Romantic Killer Episode 10 Discussion

shuffleair - Oct 28, 2022

35 by renzospark »»
Apr 27, 10:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.