Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 21, 2022 9:23 AM

Nov 2011
That hood should stay on. It makes Nazuna even more mysterious than she already is and lol, we got a somewhat intimiate scene between her and Kou this episode.

Compared to Nazuna, Akira is a normal girl and gets along with Kou as his childhood friend.
Jul 21, 2022 10:54 AM

Jul 2017
The childhood friend of Ko's Akira Asai appears, and she's as typical as "friends" come for the insomniac whom has friends during his young days.

The coincidental meeting now years after, and Ko only remembered bits and pieces about his past while Akina clearly remembered her interaction with him, the only one that she regards as his friend, which comes to him as a shock. While Ko tries to re-establish his friendship with Akira, to Nazuna, this is indifferent and it wouldn't be surprising to see that she thought of both Ko and Akira as having an affair.

Of course, Nazuna wouldn't be ashamed of showing her vampiric nature to Akira, and this settles for an early breakfast between the trio. A bit of a sharing session between Ko and Akira, and this makes it clear that they both are birds of a feather, while Nazuna remains a poker face about her jealousy with Akira as a friend (though she remains close-lipped about it). Given that Ko still doesn't know the definition of being a friend, instead settling with Nazuna for his goal of being a vampire, he wants to remain that way.

I wasn't expecting that literate kiss though, though Nazuna only gets blood and all. Friends definitely don't kiss and stuff like that.

Still lovin' the low-fi city pop beats, and this only gets better with each proceeding episode.
Jul 21, 2022 11:05 AM
Mar 2020
Weird episode.... ._.
Jul 21, 2022 11:07 AM

May 2020
Dude being completely oblivious of this english word "friends" itself, and still has a girl with great assets calling herself a friend of his, dayumm some luck these protags have.

Also some title this episode had( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).
Jul 21, 2022 11:07 AM

Nov 2011
Nazuna brought up a good point telling Asai "Why didn't you contact him?" I thought that part was really good.
Great episode overall. I liked how at the end while Nazuna was angry she eventually understood where Ko was coming from. I liked her "Touche" comment.

Felt like the backgrounds changed a lot in this episode based around the characters. I mean the backgrounds were more vibrant and colorful when Nazuna was the focus of the episode and then they were sort of plain when Asai was the focus.
The lights in the restaurant even went more colorful when Nazuna spoke up.

God the kiss at the end and she had blood on her face! SO GOOD!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 21, 2022 11:10 AM

Feb 2019
Every episode just gets better and better man it’s insane how good the production values are.

Akira and Ko’s little meet up being interrupted by Nazuna was hilarious. Can’t wait to see Nazuna and Akira interact together more. I like their banter

Upset/tsundere Nazuna is so cute, it made her so happy to be called Ko’s friend. Love that little bite/kiss tease at the end too!
Jul 21, 2022 11:16 AM
May 2021
Damn this series is soo good!! Already hooked to it!! I want more ahhhhh
Jul 21, 2022 11:17 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm being a roamer of night really has robbed Ko of what friendship really is huh. So it seems before taking the path of the L Ko was actually popular. At the very least he had someone else to talk to in the form of Akira. Still kudos to her for being direct with her questioning. Overall a fun ep that did well to expand upon Ko's character by introducing Akira and the bond that they shared in the past. Going by their interactions it will be interesting to see what happens as she see's Ko change even more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 21, 2022 11:18 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Ko's childhood friend Akira. She has the other transceiver! She still thinks they are friends and he is shocked xD.
They meet early morning every day. Nazuna comes to visit them whilst they talk and causes misunderstandings with Akira lol. She sucks his blood in front of her...
Nazuna also says she is a vampire!
Akira asks Ko to go back to school again and she also doesnt really believe Nazuna is a vampire.
Nazuna seems to be jealous of Ko...
He wants to make up with her.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jul 21, 2022 11:30 AM

Dec 2013
Man. Every week I'm impressed with how well the dialog has been handled. All three VA's so far have really nailed it. The pacing and delivery of lines feels so unique that coupled with the great establishing shots and soundtrack that is for the most part fairly understated but picks up with hip hop tracks really sets the tone and vibe for this anime so well. It's just a really refreshing/chill, but slightly mysterious/alluring place to be for 22 minutes each week. Which is exactly what the "call of the night" should feel like.

A lot of what I'm assuming first season is gonna cover is character introduction and interaction. So it's great they've really nailed the the vibe and the dialog. The monogatari staff makes a lot more sense than I anticipated, beyond the obvious similarities of being dialog heavy and hur-dur its a vampire rom-com. Even though some of the directing style and storyboarding makes the connection pretty obvious, It feels distinct enough from how monogatari feels, that it doesn't feel like a rip off or retread. It doesn't feel lazy. It feels like they really took their time to make sure the art and voice over conveyed the proper tone. Even if it uses some of the same tricks the mongatari/shaft studio is known for.

Also it was great finally getting the lyrics to the op/ed/insert this week. The guys vocals turned me off a bit, but helps me appreciate it a little more. The op takes the lyrics so literal lol
thedrynessJul 21, 2022 12:18 PM
Jul 21, 2022 11:30 AM

Jul 2014
I’m already saying this now but I will never grow tired of the soundtrack and visuals they use for this show. It just perfectly captures the vibe of being out late in the city.

Nazuna, man. What a character. Me likey.
Jul 21, 2022 11:32 AM
Jan 2022
I'll watch it Tonight! Who else is part of the Call Of The Night, Night Gang!!
Jul 21, 2022 11:32 AM
May 2022
Nice anime👍👍
Jul 21, 2022 11:35 AM
Oct 2021
man fuck the plot and just praise the music and the art , like damn this show immerses you
Jul 21, 2022 11:35 AM

Oct 2017
This new girl is kind of weird. Nazuna getting angry was cute, wasn't expecting a kiss though.
Jul 21, 2022 11:37 AM

Jul 2020
Lmao hands down the best moment of this series so far.
Jul 21, 2022 11:52 AM
Jan 2022
Great episode. Ko didn't know the definition of a friend and he has complicated understanding about it, he thought that if he didn't meet often with the person who had played with him in the past for a long time then that person couldn't be called a friend, he felt awkward to consider that person as a friend. Meanwhile, Akira definition of a friend is simple.
MnMm07Jul 21, 2022 11:58 AM
Jul 21, 2022 12:05 PM
Jan 2021
Nazuna need to learn the difference between "romantic friends" and "friends". cant wait to see more of Akiras relations ship with Ko's.
Jul 21, 2022 12:11 PM
Sep 2021
jjklo said:
Lmao hands down the best moment of this series so far.

Yessss This moment was so funny 😂
Jul 21, 2022 12:12 PM

Mar 2020
Loving this series so far! The soundtrack, nighttime ambience, even the daytime ambience, and the dialogue feels so well done. Ko needs to learn the definition of what a friend is, but it seems like Nazuna needs to as well, and what's an episode without a bite, but a kiss? That I didn't expect.
Jul 21, 2022 12:46 PM

Jul 2009
So when is stuff happening?
Nothing in this world lasts forever, and it´s time you accept that.
It's better to not cling to these things that you will eventually lose.
Jul 21, 2022 12:56 PM

Jan 2020
The receiver misunderstanding with Asai was rather amusing. In general I like her, too bad that isn't what this show is about. She could be best girl, but I don't want Ko to deter from his path through the night.

I like this pacing and progress. At this rate I'm going to have to pick up the manga.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 21, 2022 1:08 PM
Apr 2022
commonxreaction said:
The receiver misunderstanding with Asai was rather amusing. In general I like her, too bad that isn't what this show is about. She could be best girl, but I don't want Ko to deter from his path through the night.

I like this pacing and progress. At this rate I'm going to have to pick up the manga.

the Manga is great I really recommend it
Jul 21, 2022 1:14 PM

Dec 2013
Krillus said:
So when is stuff happening?

Season 2 lol. If you can't hang on the vibes and banter check back in a couple years or move on. I say that as a huge fan tho.
thedrynessJul 21, 2022 1:31 PM
Jul 21, 2022 1:24 PM

Jun 2015
Hmmmhmmm. I see a love triangle emerging!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jul 21, 2022 1:24 PM

Jan 2018
I think I might make this my pp somewhere
sezbian lex
Jul 21, 2022 1:40 PM

Jan 2021
im glad the misunderstanding was resolved quickly and it wasn’t dragged out for multiple episodes like certain anime. *ahem* rent a girlfriend *ahem*
Jul 21, 2022 2:12 PM

Aug 2019
Yamori somehow forgetting his only childhood friend Akira, even thinking it was a misunderstanding at first is tragic. Poor Akira, seems like school didn't treat her well since she's on the same page as Yamori about it.
Nazuna with 0 restraint going in with the introductions. Not sure what got to Akira first, Nazuna's "physical relationship" with Yamori, Nazuna actually being a vampire or all of the above

Yamori experiencing his first falling out with Nazuna. Falling out with your significant other sucks but can't imagine what it would be like when your significant other is a supernatural being that sucks blood, levitates and can snap u in half like a twig. Luckily ended well as they stayed friends, and as a bonus for Yamori like friends do, kiss? Nazuna's a bit confused, but she's got the right idea.
Jul 21, 2022 2:15 PM
Jul 2022
it's a nice episode
Jul 21, 2022 2:16 PM

Mar 2008
yay perfect point to end ep.

gorg- said:
im glad the misunderstanding was resolved quickly and it wasn’t dragged out for multiple episodes like certain anime. *ahem* rent a girlfriend *ahem*

Damn... Now that you mention it, right. It's extremely refreshing situation.

Jul 21, 2022 2:17 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Ko has reunited with his childhood friend Akira who haven't seen each other since elementary school. Akira is a super early riser who goes out for a walk before going to school. As usual Nazuna got jealous that Ko was spending time with Akira and got fed up that Ko didn't respond to going to back to school with Akira. I don't see why Ko can't do both. Hang out with Nazuna late at night and then hang out with Akira early morning before school. Who would have thought that Nazuna would steal a bite/kiss from Ko.
Jul 21, 2022 2:17 PM

May 2015
So if he has to fall in love with her to become a vampire, does it mean that at some point she already was in love with someone when she became one? What happened to that person and why is she acting so clueless about romantic stuff? Or was she an original vampire without ever being human? And what is this anime actually about apart from cool visuals and some concepts thrown around?
Jul 21, 2022 2:25 PM

May 2018
Yeah bro friends kiss each other all the time lmao
Jul 21, 2022 2:31 PM

Mar 2022
I somehow disliked this ep. I mean, Nazuna is great as ever, fliping off the mc and calling him an idiot, which he rightfuly deserves because what the fuck....

Dude fully reverted to "one of those" for this ep. I mean what was that? What is "a friend"??? What?! Sometimes, I weep for japanese people.... And then.... You think it is, to paraphase, really bad that your childhood friend is talking to you, again? To the point your hand shakes, your voice breaks and you stutter? Are you retarded? In the meantime, you hit it off immediately with a demon girl who borderline rapes you every night.

hmmm... maybe that is intentional. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood today. Maybe the boobs of vampire lady are drawn really strange.

Anyway, passed the 3 ep rule. The bird flip and the kiss did it.
Jul 21, 2022 2:40 PM
Apr 2022
SugoiDekaiOppai said:
I somehow disliked this ep. I mean, Nazuna is great as ever, fliping off the mc and calling him an idiot, which he rightfuly deserves because what the fuck....

Dude fully reverted to "one of those" for this ep. I mean what was that? What is "a friend"??? What?! Sometimes, I weep for japanese people.... And then.... You think it is, to paraphase, really bad that your childhood friend is talking to you, again? To the point your hand shakes, your voice breaks and you stutter? Are you retarded? In the meantime, you hit it off immediately with a demon girl who borderline rapes you every night.

hmmm... maybe that is intentional. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood today. Maybe the boobs of vampire lady are drawn really strange.

Anyway, passed the 3 ep rule. The bird flip and the kiss did it.

1. How is it borderline r*pe? She has no sexual intent whatsoever and he has consented to her sucking his blood. 2. Him questioning what friends are isn't him looking for a dictionary definition. He is confused about how close do you have to be to be considered friends. You have to think he is only 14 so is natural for him to be confused about many things
Jul 21, 2022 2:43 PM

Mar 2008
SugoiDekaiOppai said:

Rather, he was convincing himself that he had no friends. Therefore, his shock is rather a reaction to his own mistake.

Well, at this point it should be clear that Ko is having a hard time understanding or displaying different emotions. And let's forgive ourselves these insults. I understand him there, because I am a type of hermit myself, and although I have a few friends, sometimes I have my doubts. Someone can say with 100% certainty?

Jul 21, 2022 2:59 PM

Dec 2013
Ten said:
So if he has to fall in love with her to become a vampire, does it mean that at some point she already was in love with someone when she became one? What happened to that person and why is she acting so clueless about romantic stuff? Or was she an original vampire without ever being human? And what is this anime actually about apart from cool visuals and some concepts thrown around?
nazuna origin/past gets explained pretty well... but it won't happen this season.

The anime is about kou and nazuna adventuring around at night and meeting other people/vampires and kou coming to terms with his relationships with others and his ambitions free of the burdens of his "daytime responsibilities"/social expectations. .. it'll be a lot of nazuna and kou fucking around and bantering while meeting new humans and vampires for most of the first season. And will then build towards more structured plot/action heavy stuff if we get a 2nd season (assuming we don't cut a lot)
Jul 21, 2022 3:04 PM
Nov 2018
The artstyle, atmosphere+music and the characters, I love it.
Jul 21, 2022 3:23 PM
Feb 2021
Are they going to give us a new banger every single week? It's just insane. I would even go as far as calling this show the best adaptation ever, if they continue to take advantage of anime as a medium to enhance the manga by a factor of 100000.
Jul 21, 2022 3:24 PM

Apr 2018
Akira's VA (Same one as Hayakasa) feels a bit out of place but big plot makes up for it. Still can't get over the incredible opening by Creepy Nuts. Akira's a bit of an odd person, she got the same kind of personality and dense aura around her. Ko visited her secretly without Nazuna knowing about this until she found out about their relationship. This ticked her off after he couldn't answer Akira's question but WOW. I did not expect a fucking kiss in the end. Still weird because he's 14 and I don't get how being dense and stupid makes you get all the girls around u but it is what it is. The opening, ending, insert songs and sountrack + backgrounds/colors r carrying the anime.

The highlight of this episode was 100% when Nazuna was mad at Kou and started flying off.
SideCharacterKalJul 21, 2022 3:29 PM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 21, 2022 3:25 PM

Jan 2019
Not sure how I feel about Ko, having a protagonist with the emotional intelligence of a five-year-old is getting annoying.

The rest of this show is still amazing though, beautiful character designs and art direction, and a new lo-fi track every week it feels like. That OP remains awesome.

Jul 21, 2022 3:27 PM
Oct 2020
15 characters…
Jul 21, 2022 3:33 PM
Jul 2018
I love the vibes of this. The music, animation, coloring, voice acting are all so great. I wish I could binge this anime in one sitting
Jul 21, 2022 3:41 PM

Jul 2022
the breasts look weird but other than that everything's kool
Jul 21, 2022 3:48 PM
Jul 2016
Ten said:

Nazuna's origins will get explored in followup seasons(assuming we get some, though it seems it will with the reception) and should answer that question. The manga takes a bit to finally get more structured, but for the most part it touches on coexistence between humans and vampires(understanding their society and as well as their humanity), along with the liberties that the night can provide to people who are essentially just walking masses of stress(especially in Japan).
Jul 21, 2022 3:59 PM

Jul 2019
What do friends really mean if you were never close, to begin with, hm? The good old question of whether it's repetitive or not. Like it or not, it's a topic that stands from loners to the extreme and very question that's preached but never fully explored in this medium. I have a feeling it won't happen here either but who knows.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jul 21, 2022 4:05 PM
Jun 2021
It’s illegal to watch this at day time
Jul 21, 2022 4:52 PM

Mar 2022
bouncyzo34 said:

1. How is it borderline r*pe? She has no sexual intent whatsoever and he has consented to her sucking his blood. 2. Him questioning what friends are isn't him looking for a dictionary definition. He is confused about how close do you have to be to be considered friends. You have to think he is only 14 so is natural for him to be confused about many things

I dunno, maybe rape is a bit of a strong word for this, true. BUT.
She made it clear plenty of times that feeding is somewhat sexual for the vampires, as they procreate in that way, although for her, it is just physical and yes, he consented, which any 14 years old shouldn't (and legally can't) do, but he did othervise we woudn't have a show. So in keeping with his brash and daredevil nature to go willingly wandering about with unknown vampire ara ara women and enjoying his time with them, I'd atleast expect for him to talk NORMALY with the HUMAN one he already knows for some time.

It's natural to be confused about friends at age 4 and at age 34(you'll see), but at 14? nah... It's just forced otaku stuff and I detest it. His droping out of school for being unhappy with daytime life carries enought tension for the story (and it's realistic and contemporary issue) and I could absolutely do without another one of these "I have no idea how to socialize for absolutely no reason" characters for a lifetime.
Jul 21, 2022 5:01 PM
Jun 2020
Let's talk about the opening and ending.

For the opening, I don't have much criticism. I really like how they edited in the silent musical part (no idea how to call it, it's the one where the characters stare at a tv), as kinda slowing the pace, and maybe a self-aware joke.

However, the ending theme. I do not like how they cut it. Basically, half the chorus is cut out, and I would prefer if they didn't have a very rushed sort of feeling for the intro. In addition to this the part of the chorus that was cut out, I believe was helping with the song's pacing a lot. Thus now the song feels really rushed and personally I find it to be a bit disappointing, as I like the song ("Yofukashi no Uta") and I feel that it doesn't have the same feeling that the uncate version has.

Other than how the music is cut, I feel the opening theme and ending theme fit the feel of the show. Can't really describe why, but I feel they just do. Yes, I am aware this is somewhat hypocritical, but hey, it's just an opinion.
Jul 21, 2022 5:21 PM
Jun 2019
Unexpected first kiss. LET’S F***ING GOOO!!

If I ever see a female vampire, Imma bite my lips on purpose...

Imma save this

Amazing episode and the OP and ED are still bangers.

Learned another word today: hanky-panky
Joey-XD19202Jul 21, 2022 5:25 PM
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2022

177 by xBaldur_ »»
Sep 18, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2022

229 by Kitsuritz »»
Sep 17, 6:40 AM

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2022

205 by JoaoPedru »»
Sep 1, 6:26 PM

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

mimimilk - Jul 4, 2022

387 by Luis1537 »»
Sep 1, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

387 by Stefan221 »»
Aug 27, 1:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.