Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Case Study of Vanitas
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 11, 2022 7:26 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 11, 2022 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
I actually kinda like Domi's new hairstyle. Doesn't change much about her character though.

And Noe...I feel like this show likes to see him suffer, at least mentally. His inner demons seems like something he constantly struggles with.
Mar 11, 2022 8:55 AM

Jul 2017
Ooh...Mikhail's arc is finally here, and his is much scarier and darker when compared to the Chasseur Bourreaus or the Beast of Gévaudan.

Louis's and Noe's backstory we've seen before in the 1st Cour, but this time adding in little Domi for that extra vulnerability and the events thereafter with their mother Veronica whom just like a Charlatan, cast the unwanted twin Louis away. And that's why she cut her hair as symbolism to cast her past behind.

When you see Mikhail, IMMEDIATELY the blue eyes come to mind...because he's another Vampire of the Blue Moon but yet a human, just like Vanitas. His kid posture can seem like he's immature, but the way he handles things is no joke, especially when he's what Dr. Moreau described as No. 71.

Using Noé for his own gain to peer into his own brother Vanitas's life, he'd be trampled should he take a wrong turn and lead Domi to her death, and so it is that he'd suck his blood to protect his only family and learn more about Vanitas's family's side of things. It's interesting that he would've met Roland as a kid sometime in the past (right around the underground secret lab episodes in the 1st Cour), only to be used by the pellucid Dr. Moreau and young No. 69 Vanitas.

Damn, this feels like 5 mins, and we're only just getting started.
Mar 11, 2022 9:06 AM
Sep 2015
Finally the gear has shift from heterosexual to homosexual, again.
Mar 11, 2022 9:14 AM
Aug 2021
Sad My Dominique :( Anyway the plot hole from the previous episode has been revealed and well there's a plot twist about Mikhail and Vanitas too.

5/5 episode

Looking forward to next episode!
Mar 11, 2022 10:58 AM

Jul 2021
It was a very tense episode.
Finally, important things from Vanitas' past will be shown.
The story of the anime is getting pretty interesting and I hope it stays that way.
asdasdsadad
Mar 11, 2022 11:45 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn of course Mikhail had to have a very sad backstory like most vampires xD but he better not do anything to Domi...
Mar 11, 2022 12:02 PM

Jul 2013
As expected, they handled Domi's flashback as well as Noe's in the first half. The scene where she tries to become Louis for Noe still hurts even though it's been a while since I first seen it.

Buckle up for Vanitas's past and some heavy topics.

I am getting more and more interested just at what point will they end the anime.
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Mar 11, 2022 2:30 PM

Sep 2015
I am so happy that I can say that I loved this episode. I adore the way they adapted Dominique's part of the trio's backstory, and how Mikhail looked and the general vibe he gave off due to the ominous cuts and lightning. Those things were perfect!

If I have to nitpick, I'd say that the addition of Domi meeting Mikhail scene was a bit abrupt, but given that it should have appeared in the end of season 1, I understand why. I am still glad they implemented it somehow, but it still lost its build-up. I also kind of wish the episode could have left off before the start of Mikhail's backstory.

While I am worried about if they are going to fit the whole arc into the remaining three episodes or not, I am looking forward to it. They obviously rushed the previous arc to adapt this one as well, and seemingly put a lot of their budget into this one. We will see how it goes!
Cathen99Mar 12, 2022 2:06 PM
Mar 11, 2022 2:57 PM
Oct 2018
I really dislike the chibi-humour-attempt in this very tense episode(specifically in the scene with Roland and Mihail). I wish they had changed that at least. It becomes even more awkward in the anime, with all the depressing music playing in the background. Who thought this was a good idea? Of all things to leave as they were, why the weaker moments.

Aside from that, pretty good episode, especially how Domi's slow breakdown was portrayed. It's all just sad.
Mar 11, 2022 3:22 PM
Jan 2021
This is my favorite anime this year and definitely in my top 15 anime list. It never fails my expectation and the episodes get better and better. I love the MC and the romance in this anime. The plot is very Interesting and we'll finally see Vanitas backstory in the next episode. To be honest I don't know what I'm gonna do if the anime finishes. I can't wait for a new season for year.
Mar 11, 2022 6:49 PM

Aug 2020
Guess it'll be Number 69 vs Number 71 next ep. Damn Domi's carrying some heavy feelings

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Mar 11, 2022 7:59 PM

Sep 2018
Oh dear, if the shounen ai undertones wasn't cringe enough, now we gotta deal with some shota BS as well. Jun does it again.
Mar 11, 2022 8:57 PM
Jan 2021
MAN i really can't wait another week for the next episode
Mar 11, 2022 9:45 PM

Apr 2015
Wow this episode really gave me the Pandora Hearts vibe, especially with Dominique's past lol. Well I wasn't a fan of the last arc, but I gotta say this episode is actually my favorite so far this season and really piqued my interest in what's going to happen next. Really looking forward to finally learning more about Vanitas's past.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Mar 11, 2022 9:59 PM
Aug 2017
phantomfandom said:

This isn't a shounen-ai or Yaoi anime. Go watch an actual BL anime for that kind of stuff. The characters in this anime are straight. In case you haven't noticed, this anime is a shounen. Shounen are manga or anime created mainly for straight males, who only want to see hetero relationships or lesbians.
Mar 11, 2022 11:12 PM

Mar 2020
ArcherMinato said:
phantomfandom said:

man shut the f up. Don't ruin this goated anime and the fanbase with your g*y relationships. Everyone in the anime is clearly straight.
Himawari9 said:
phantomfandom said:

This isn't a shounen-ai or Yaoi anime. Go watch an actual BL anime for that kind of stuff. The characters in this anime are straight. In case you haven't noticed, this anime is a shounen. Shounen are manga or anime created mainly for straight males, who only want to see hetero relationships or lesbians.
LOL Homophobic much?(thats the vibe i got)
The author clearly teases such relationships in her works without making the characters fall for each other and explores relationships in a very extreme manner to the point that alot of her viewers can mistake them for love. Not to mention there are clearly some platonic relationships in her works as well with addition to siblings, friends and normal couples(and all of them are really extreme)
But apart from that, throwing those words is clearly disrespectful and shows a really narrow minded prespective(I just had to say it)

Mar 11, 2022 11:52 PM
Apr 2020
Mikhail is so cute and dangerous. He even instructed Noé to bite him just to show something about Vanitas. Mikhail seems obsessed with Vanitas. Brocon? lol

Mar 12, 2022 12:03 AM
Jul 2020
By far the best episode of the season, I have already watched it 3 times and absolutely love it! Thanks to the directors working on the series, this is the only episode of the season that I liked in its entirety and didn't make me feel angry because of - bad animation, terrible chemistry between characters or cut scenes. Yes, some moments were cut, but the same fantasies of Jeanne would break the atmosphere, so this time I understand it.
Mikhail is beautiful, as is the music in the scene where he caught Noe, and yes, little Vani is already breaking my heart...
Domi's backstory is good, although it's a pity that her family scenes were cut in past episodes, it would have revealed her character better.
Michael is creepy and psychotic, beautiful, mystical and deeply traumatized, Now is trapped and I'm glad they were ruined because they're supposed to look wrong

ArcherMinato said:
phantomfandom said:

man stfu. Don't ruin this goated anime and the fanbase. Everyone in the show is straight and you can see it easily
[quote=Himawari9 message=65894249]
phantomfandom said:

LOL, keep believing in it, Bones are just cowards and cut out a bunch of such moments, otherwise the whole de Sade family laughed to tears, and Johan applauded them ...
Mar 12, 2022 3:52 AM
Aug 2018
I am surprised the 2nd season improved so much compared to the first. The first season was one of the worst shows I've ever watched. This season is actually interesting.
People with low average anime scores don't have high standards. They are just bad at choosing good anime to watch.
Mar 12, 2022 6:12 AM

Oct 2016
Man, I remember when I was reading the manga, I was like yay, Domi's back- wait, no no no. Pain.

I can definitely say that that was a really great episode, pacing was great. We have finally reached Vanitas's past, really looking forward to the next episode.
Mar 12, 2022 7:34 AM

Sep 2017
With this being about Vanitas' past I wonder if it will actually keep me engaged unlike the last arc.
Mar 12, 2022 9:47 AM

May 2021
Domi has survivor's guilt? Well, that's certainly interesting.
At the same time, we're going to learn more about Vanitas through No. 71. Roland was such a sweet character even back then.

Mar 12, 2022 10:19 AM

Jun 2016
damnn .. mikhail so cute with that dressed like a girl !!
Mar 13, 2022 1:04 PM

Nov 2019
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Oh dear, if the shounen ai undertones wasn't cringe enough, now we gotta deal with some shota BS as well. Jun does it again.

This clown is still here. Why not make some shitposts and entertain us? I mean that's what you are good at, right?
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Mar 13, 2022 6:59 PM
Sep 2008
I can already see the doujins coming
Mar 13, 2022 11:11 PM

Aug 2019
Well done Bones, amazing episode But why vanitas brother looks like chloe?
Mar 13, 2022 11:17 PM

Aug 2019
chunchunmaru_19 said:
Where should I start the manga from after the latest episode? I'm so hyped up rn that I can't wait to see what happens next!!!

Chapter 45-46 I guess
Mar 14, 2022 12:49 AM

Sep 2018
Laplace_kun said:
GakutoDeathGlare said:

This clown is still here. Why not make some shitposts and entertain us? I mean that's what you are good at, right?
Of course you have Jun in your favs, typical, stay mad and just go and read your BL shota doujins weirdo lol
Mar 14, 2022 12:50 AM

Sep 2018
CesarMagnan said:
I can already see the doujins coming
Exactly, and Laplace_kun will be all over them.
Mar 14, 2022 7:58 AM

Nov 2019
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Laplace_kun said:

Of course you have Jun in your favs, typical, stay mad and just go and read your BL shota doujins weirdo lol

Dear clown, why will I be mad? You are the typical raging pathetic loser in the forums who feel they are accomplishing something by writing hate posts in Jun's MAL page. I have you blocked anyways, because you are extremely unproductive and uncreative in criticising anything and pollute the forum with your delusions and real life frustrations. But I still enjoy your shitposts. So, I am requesting you to entertain us with some, instead of crying for some attention with a irrelevant comment.

Also did you just reveal your own pedophilic fetishes? I guess they are loli yuri instead... Who am I to judge XD

"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Mar 14, 2022 7:59 AM

Mar 2020
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Laplace_kun said:

I dont wanna be rude or something but is it really appropriate for "a man with a stable job" trolling a bunch of teenagers??
I dont get why adults can be such idiots at times..but seriously i know i am pretty young in comparison but just an advice
Leave what does not concern you or just dont waste your time doing that...Your life would be much more peaceful and happy that way :)..
Mar 14, 2022 8:15 AM

Nov 2019
234Mannan said:
I dont wanna be rude or something but is it really appropriate for "a man with a stable job" trolling a bunch of teenagers??
I dont get why adults can be such idiots at times..but seriously i know i am pretty young in comparison but just an advice
Leave what does not concern you or just dont waste your time doing that...Your life would be much more peaceful and happy that way :)..

Do you really think he's an adult or he's just posing to be one? And not just a rich teen with too much time wasting his parents money and relieving himself of this frustration by putting up a persona? Because if he's a working adult, he's simply a lunatic. His very profile screams of extreme insecurity and persecution complex. He feels he has attained manhood by becoming a well decorated nutcase. I had "physics scholar" written on my profile few days ago, but I even deleted that because I am here just as a media fan. There's no need of proclaiming my origins, income or profession(s), but just my taste.

Maybe he just wants to go through a pretentious snobby phase of life to relieve his stress; if that's the case, I applaud him.
Mar 14, 2022 9:19 AM

Mar 2020
Laplace_kun said:
234Mannan said:

Do you really think he's an adult or he's just posing to be one? And not just a rich teen with too much time wasting his parents money and relieving himself of this frustration by putting up a persona? Because if he's a working adult, he's simply a lunatic. His very profile screams of extreme insecurity and persecution complex. He feels he has attained manhood by becoming a well decorated nutcase. I had "physics scholar" written on my profile few days ago, but I even deleted that because I am here just as a media fan. There's no need of proclaiming my origins, income or profession(s), but just my taste.

Maybe he just wants to go through a pretentious snobby phase of life to relieve his stress; if that's the case, I applaud him.
Ah well...Whatever the case might be, I just wanted to advice the guy.
Sooooo....
234MannanMar 15, 2022 5:13 AM
Mar 14, 2022 12:48 PM

Sep 2018
234Mannan said:
GakutoDeathGlare said:
What are you talking about? I was minding my own business here lol
Mar 14, 2022 1:11 PM

Mar 2020
GakutoDeathGlare said:
234Mannan said:
By trolling through your incredible choice of words? Ah i dont think so.
Mar 14, 2022 1:34 PM

Sep 2018
234Mannan said:
GakutoDeathGlare said:
What can I say? I didn't like aspects of this episode and didn't mince words. Not trolling, simply stating my view. If I like something, I'll post something positive. If I don't, it will be negative, it ain't rocket science.
Mar 14, 2022 5:42 PM

Mar 2021
Wow, Gevaudan is over and now directly a new ennemi ? They can't breath !

Its so intense, but very complicated, so much things in their past and they all knew each other younger, confusing, but hype for more explanation ^^
Mar 15, 2022 5:12 AM

Mar 2020
GakutoDeathGlare said:
234Mannan said:
What can I say? I didn't like aspects of this episode and didn't mince words. Not trolling, simply stating my view. If I like something, I'll post something positive. If I don't, it will be negative, it ain't rocket science.
Okay.
But for the record your "honesty" is rather peculiar.
Have a good day
Mar 15, 2022 10:15 AM

Aug 2019
We finally get to see Vanitas younger brother.

But we wasn’t what I was expecting ngl
Mar 15, 2022 4:32 PM

Dec 2009
Indeed, this episode really felt like a few minutes. I'm waiting for Noe to suck Vanitas' blood since the beginning of season 1, maybe I'm waiting in vain, but I really hope their relationship deepens further. Then I can still leave the rest for imagination and the doujins.
Mar 15, 2022 10:28 PM

Jul 2016
I swear the blood-sucking scenes get weirder and weirder with each new arc.

OK episode overall. The info regarding twins being the cause of disgrace for vampire families felt random af but leaving that aside, I liked how they portrayed Domi's past. Poor girl was carrying such destructive feelings since childhood.
Mar 17, 2022 1:10 PM

May 2016
the sexuality is a huge turn off for me especially with this new kid... a shame for this decent
story, anyway the scene with Domi telling Louis that she envies him made me burst into tears
been years since this happened so suddenly I was not even prepared for the impact when I
noticed it was too late.

4/5 if not for such stupid reasons mentioned above.
Mar 17, 2022 10:53 PM

May 2020
New kid already creeped me out enough, not just because he's some A-grade manipulator with feminine charm but the way he was persuading Noé to suck his blood... yikes. They have to tone down this yaoish vibe.
Mar 18, 2022 12:58 PM

Mar 2020
Raizel said:
the sexuality is a huge turn off for me especially with this new kid... a shame for this decent
story, anyway the scene with Domi telling Louis that she envies him made me burst into tears
been years since this happened so suddenly I was not even prepared for the impact when I
noticed it was too late.

4/5 if not for such stupid reasons mentioned above.
Well if anything i think the scene was designed to make viewers feel uncomfortable. ALso considering he was used as a prostitute just saying for the most part yeah.
Mar 18, 2022 4:38 PM
Jun 2013
eWEQRW123123 said:
I am surprised the 2nd season improved so much compared to the first. The first season was one of the worst shows I've ever watched. This season is actually interesting.

Man, you need to watch more stuff, calling S1 "one of the worst shows i've ever watched" is borderline stupidity, it wasn't even bad lol
Mar 18, 2022 6:39 PM
Aug 2018
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
eWEQRW123123 said:

Man, you need to watch more stuff, calling S1 "one of the worst shows i've ever watched" is borderline stupidity, it wasn't even bad lol

I've been watching anime for over 10 years. 1st season was terrible. Idk what you are talking about. 90% of it was padding/idle chatter and the conversations they had were cringe.
People with low average anime scores don't have high standards. They are just bad at choosing good anime to watch.
Mar 19, 2022 10:32 PM

Feb 2009
we were missing a loli lol

director obviously likes to push to the edge with the faces and blunt talk about relationships and attraction. really drives home how teenagerish these characters all are...

Caste Study of Vanitas is becoming a bi fantasyland but also with vampires basically

Mar 21, 2022 8:03 AM
Jul 2020
DarcyD said:
we were missing a loli lol

the sexuality is a huge turn off for me especially with this new kid.

To be honest, I don't really like that the audience sees the scene with Misha as something fanservice or yaoi * (although I love fanservice and a good slash). (Yes, a proportion of some viewers see only yaoi here *, unfortunately, and it seems mostly homophobes ...) The fact is that the anime clearly does not try to present this scene as something attractive, on the contrary, the scene is quite scary and sick, as it should be. Misha was sexually and physically abused from a young age (appears to be 6-8 years old in flashback). He was also forced to watch his mother as a prostitute. He is a deeply traumatized and broken child. In this scene, he breaks Noe, reenacting his traumatic experience, and Noe is not at all happy about this - he is clearly scared and shocked by Mikhail's behavior, = this is not a fanservice scene at all. But some see only shota fanservice, alas... (not even about mal, but about comments on youtube and other anime sites.)
Mar 25, 2022 10:49 PM

Dec 2020
mikhail's creepy as fuck. but i feel bad for him too

domi's sister(?) was just... what the hell is wrong with her
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jan 14, 2022

86 by Lanz »»
Today, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2022

83 by Abomination_suah »»
May 17, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2022

74 by bushman66 »»
Apr 11, 12:07 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2022

54 by bushman66 »»
Apr 11, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2022

59 by bushman66 »»
Apr 11, 11:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.