Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Blue Period
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 24, 2021 10:11 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Netflix Japan streaming release 1 week earlier than TV broadcast.

Seven Arcs's visuals looks inherently simple, but damn it's clean just like the PV. And those art pieces are works of art, I'd compare them to Picasso's level (of which it is from inspiration).

Getting to understand the model student Yatora Yaguchi with the usual gang-clique classmate friends' antics for a start is of no suprise, but when he sees art drawn by Mori Maru (which her Art Club friend, the crossdresser Ryuuji "Yuka" Ayukawa takes a disliking to Yaguchi) , it immediately strikes him of his calling to do what he truly feels like doing.

From only having an experience of painting with the color blue to being fully immersed with the sight of s blu-ish Shibuya morning, Yaguchi's easily the shy one who doesn't like to express his true feelings, but give him some time to flesh out his character with the help of art teacher-cum-advisor Masako Saeki-sensei to help kickstart his passion for art.

FYI, getting into TokyoU of arts is NOT easy at all, with a 20:1 acceeptance rate. Only 650 days to go.

EDIT: While this premiere episode is good, missing out some of Chapter 2's panels I'd felt was kinda of a misstep, but because of time constraints it couldn't be done. Still though, they got the main points here, and that's all it matters.
KANLen09Sep 27, 2021 10:20 AM
Sep 24, 2021 10:15 AM

Jun 2019
Hmm... a really interesting start from what I can see. I haven't personally watched a painting series, so it's my first time as well. But, since I like to draw as well. I can relate to a lot of things in this show. First of all, I like Yaguchi's personality and once again, I can definitely relate to what he's going through. The animation in the show looks clean.

I have heard a lot about this manga. So, I was planning to read it, but, then I heard it's getting an anime adaptation. So, I'm really looking forward to it. I hope it just blew me away.
Sep 24, 2021 10:38 AM

Jan 2016
Pre_Yum said:
Hmm... a really interesting start from what I can see. I haven't personally watched a painting series, so it's my first time as well. But, since I like to draw as well. I can relate to a lot of things in this show. First of all, I like Yaguchi's personality and once again, I can definitely relate to what he's going through. The animation in the show looks clean.

I have heard a lot about this manga. So, I was planning to read it, but, then I heard it's getting an anime adaptation. So, I'm really looking forward to it. I hope it just blew me away.

i'm in the same boat, the only thing that has prevented me from reading the manga is knowing an anime adaptation was on the way.
Sep 24, 2021 10:53 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
PSN said:
Pre_Yum said:

i'm in the same boat, the only thing that has prevented me from reading the manga is knowing an anime adaptation was on the way.
Ditto....That and one of my closest friends wouldn't shut up about it, so I promised her that I'll watch the anime
Sep 24, 2021 11:22 AM
Mar 2021
Blue is the coolest color.
Abhishek012Sep 25, 2021 2:44 AM
Sep 24, 2021 3:12 PM

Mar 2018
Honestly, speaking as a diehard fan (i own the damn discord for the series, for heck's sake), I think this is an okay adaptation. I would never tell anyone to watch the anime over reading the manga, especially since the anime really lacks the magical feel that the manga has, but it also isn't a total disgrace. I just think it's unfortunate that this will be the only impression some have on it. Hopefully it gets better :')
BarnaldSep 26, 2021 7:19 AM
Sep 24, 2021 3:23 PM

Apr 2018
Neat episode. Also, yes, like above, I watched it on Netflix Japan.
Sep 24, 2021 3:50 PM

Apr 2018
Saw a few parts of the episodes and it's pretty alright so far. I don't know how Seven Arcs studio will adapt this but hopefully they'll do it right. The art works in Blue Period are on a different level and it's thanks to the authors friends who managed to help him ^^
The only downside for me is Yaguchi' s VA, I would have preferred a deeper voice but it what it is..
SideCharacterKalSep 24, 2021 3:53 PM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 24, 2021 4:50 PM
Jun 2019
For some reason, this episode felt really weird for me, I don't know if it is because of the animation or pacing (or both).

Anyway, I am happy that this series is being adapted.
Sep 24, 2021 7:54 PM

Jul 2011
Might be better idea stay with manga instead.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Sep 24, 2021 11:55 PM

Jun 2019
The pacing is pretty okay for the first episode. The animation feels clunky sometimes but clean overall.

I just hope Seven Arc will adapt this well
Sep 25, 2021 12:53 AM

Apr 2020
Yatora has friends who are delinquents, however Yatora is a diligent person, and his school grades are also quite good. Also Yatora's friends are funny, one of his friends actually draws boobs, lmao.

Yatora's drawing is pretty good he draws Shibuya full of blue, but he needs to draw better to get into art university.

Pretty good episode and I hope they add more BGM.
Sep 25, 2021 1:16 AM
Jun 2019
Pretty dull first episode, I hope they improve the directing on later episodes
Hi
Sep 25, 2021 1:22 AM

Jan 2017
I mean, I thought it was OKAY. I do not feel like it captures what the manga is presenting very well but I mean its passable. I really do love this series and I hope it improves as the season goes on. There are a few more key moments I really hope they can get right but as it stands right now its looking like a show Netflix funded very little like "record of ragnorok". Anyway we'll see how it goes, I hope you all enjoy this series as much I do
Sep 25, 2021 3:07 AM
Aug 2021
From what I've seen so far, it is an okay adaptation I think that the pacing of the story was something left to be desired. I was expecting more from the adaptation in emphasizing mori senpai and yatora's first interaction, I feel like the conversation between talent versus hard work was what really set the theme of yatora's story throughout his growth seen in the manga. I really hope this adaptation really lives up to the source material.
Sep 25, 2021 3:11 AM

Jan 2021
I didn't read the manga before so I don't know how good the story will be and how it goes, but I like this first episode because what Yatora is going through is something that we often encounter in many people or even ourselves. I have a feeling that it's going to be really good~ so I hope it doesn't disappoint me.

I don't really understand the words that senpai said "If something looks blue to you, then apples and rabbits are also blue." what does that mean?

Sep 25, 2021 5:00 AM

Jan 2021
Is the anime adaptation is good? I haven't watched it, but many people say the animation looks bad

Sep 25, 2021 5:08 AM

Jan 2009
Yeah the animation seems clunky, like missing frames here and there. Overall is a decent adaptation, let's see if they ramp up the quality or it stays the same.

Overall is a decent start.
Sep 25, 2021 5:17 AM

Oct 2019
Considering the art of the manga is incredible....A bit disappointed for the anime
Animation seem a bit off
Sep 25, 2021 6:41 AM

Jul 2015
am i the only one who felt bothered by the lack of soundtracks? they almost did not use any soundtracks during the episode, or at least any noticeable ones. the episode could have been much better if they used some tbh.

Sep 25, 2021 7:06 AM

Aug 2021
reading the manga after watching the first episode, I'm kind of disappointed they cut several things (the explanation regarding color theory and perspective were cool, to point out some) that stood out to me in the manga (that, or I didn't pay enough attention to the anime) but I think it's decent enough to warrant a 3 out of 5 (the manga was definitely better, though that's just probably more to do with my own fascination of art). would've loved it if the animation had more "life" -- this is an anime about art, after all -- but i guess this is doable for now.
luminalitySep 25, 2021 7:10 AM
Sep 25, 2021 7:22 AM

Jul 2021
my thoughts about episode 1 :

main boy 's name is Yaguchi Yatora = 矢 口 八 虎 = Arrow - Mouth - Eight - Tiger , so he uses a tiger emoji when he messages with his phone .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBxUxkaw3uA

the ending 's credits are running on a black back-ground ? netflix didnt pay enough so they cant show the ending 's animation ? only other japanese TV channels can show the ending 's animation ?

some manga spoilers :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBxUxkaw3uA

lol .
daywithoutgamesSep 25, 2021 10:59 AM

Hello everyone , please check out and subscribe to my youtube channel , DayWithoutAnime 2.0 DayWithoutGame , that has many meme , funny anime / manga videos , thank you :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFNBo_02wOQwRJ4HXlzC9dw
Sep 25, 2021 8:29 AM

May 2015
man im so happy to finally see it animated
No matter who much you regret or wish,
if you couldn't do something in life,
you can't do it after death, either.
- Hanako
Sep 25, 2021 8:39 AM

Nov 2020
a decent start. the animation doesn't look that good, hopefully it'll get better. and they should've used more soundtracks for this episode. but im still happy for this adaptation, looking forward to seeing more of it

Sep 25, 2021 9:29 AM
Dec 2016
The animation was REALLY wonky and in terms of adaptation this was pretty bad/not to my liking, like, they skipped a shit ton of important dialogue and characterization. Yeah people, go read the manga please, don't let this average adaptation ruin your impressions.
CoeFuigerSep 25, 2021 9:47 AM
Sep 25, 2021 9:50 AM

Feb 2013
Great first episode but I'm wondering if this series can keep my interest.
Sep 25, 2021 11:21 AM

Oct 2017
Allright first episode, feels like it'll be an okay adaptation at best. Still kinda hopeful thou.
MegamiRemOct 8, 2021 5:20 AM
Sep 25, 2021 11:25 AM

Sep 2019
Having already read the manga I'm really looking forward to how they adapt this. First episode was okay but animation could have been better.
Sep 25, 2021 12:00 PM

Feb 2021
CoeFuiger said:
The animation was REALLY wonky and in terms of adaptation this was pretty bad/not to my liking, like, they skipped a shit ton of important dialogue and characterization. Yeah people, go read the manga please, don't let this average adaptation ruin your impressions.

Thanks for the info! I plan to read the manga anyway!
Sep 25, 2021 1:59 PM

Jul 2017
I'm not a big fan of the Blue Period manga by any means, but something about this anime premiere felt a little clunky for me, and I'm not talking about the subtitles (since the anime only starts legally streaming worldwide on the 9th of October, with TV broadcasting in Japan on the 2nd). The anime doesn't look terrible, but given the manga art and how the experience was reading it, the translation to anime form looks fairly bland for the most part with something slightly off about it that is hard to really put into words. It's not a terrible premiere episode, but sort of a flat-ish one.
Sep 25, 2021 2:32 PM

Apr 2015
I'm way more bothered about the subtitles than the animation or anything else lol. A lot of the sentences barely made any sense, especially when the art teacher was giving advice to Yatora. I'll re-watch it when it's properly subbed.

It was a decent first episode. My expectation was really low just based off of the studio alone so I'm not surprised that the adaptation is just "okay", but at least it's not straying off of the source material...for now. I'm still sad that Gunjou isn't used as the OP though, it would've made me look forward to watching every episode for that alone. But anyways, Yatora's a very relatable character (in some ways). I always love it when most of the episode focuses on the character's inner thoughts. The blushing faces he makes are always so unexpected but cute lol. I'm looking forward to seeing his growth once more.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Sep 25, 2021 2:48 PM
May 2018
beargolfer said:
Honestly, speaking as a diehard fan (i own the damn discord for the series, for heck's sake), I think this is an okay adaptation. I would never tell anyone to watch the anime over reading the manga, especially since the anime really lacks the magical feel that the manga has, but it also isn't a total disgrace. I just think it's unfortunate that this will be the only impression some have on it. Hopefully it gets better :')
i think it was decent. It looked a lot like the manga (didn't had the great lines either) but I did miss some funny scenes, but for a studio i've never heard of or know of I think they did a decent good job on the series ^^
BarnaldSep 26, 2021 7:20 AM
Sep 25, 2021 3:57 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
Good episode. I like the characters and it has a story that's unique and has potential.

My main criticism would be the visuals/art (as in the the anime and not the art that's drawn in the content for the series) which can be better but oh well.

I'm looking forward to the following episodes

Sep 25, 2021 3:59 PM

Nov 2019
Im honestly pretty disappointed by the animation, pacing and also how much content they cut out. I guess it probably means we will get 13 episodes and end on chapter 25.

Also subs are pretty bad you guys should probably wait a day or 2 for better subs. They should've got gunjou for the op or ed man
Sep 25, 2021 4:37 PM

Apr 2020
Really good episode, the animation isn't the cleanest but I will watch this til the end and probably read the manga too
Sep 25, 2021 5:34 PM
Jul 2019
ItzElite said:
Really good episode, the animation isn't the cleanest but I will watch this til the end and probably read the manga too

Well said, lol. I plan to do the same

Sep 25, 2021 6:22 PM

Nov 2018
the paintings looks really good with the texture and brush details which I'm looking forward most from the adaption, can't wait to see more paintings to get their colors! :''D
Sep 25, 2021 6:39 PM
Mar 2018
A very introductive episode.

Although wasn't the most catching, I'm still excited to see how this series will go. Thanks to Netflix jail, I can watch my other series before I watch this.

Sep 25, 2021 7:38 PM
Sep 2021
I’m so happy with this I really hope they deliver from here on out!! I couldn’t ask for a better va as well for ryuji i believe her stoicness was captured!!!

I’m on board and i cant wait for the next eps!!!!
Sep 26, 2021 1:05 AM

Nov 2011
Yuka had the best debut of the episode . Then again, this is the first episode that serves as a warm up and introduction of the series.

It has a fairly interesting premise and the protagonist Yatora has a lot of potential to be developed. I love how they manage to capture the essence of art to match the premise of the story.

Solid episode. The psychology of Yuka and Yatora has already captured my interest.

Sep 26, 2021 2:23 AM

Sep 2011
It was an interesting episode. I love this type of anime. The main characters seems funny. I'm really surprised they show high school students smoke and drink alchool in an anime ahah
Sep 26, 2021 2:45 AM
Oct 2019
wait what, the Protagonist didn't sit on the Corner Back seat? what is this... lmao

Hell Yeah his friend drawing Oppai, definitely relatable.

okay first episode i guess.

it is not a good thing to see many complain on the First Episode from the Manga Bros, kinda made me worried.
Sep 26, 2021 3:00 AM

Feb 2021
sodobean said:
Im honestly pretty disappointed by the animation, pacing and also how much content they cut out. I guess it probably means we will get 13 episodes and end on chapter 25.

Also subs are pretty bad you guys should probably wait a day or 2 for better subs. They should've got gunjou for the op or ed man

I hope not, I think they make 25 episodes in the first season.
Sep 26, 2021 3:00 AM

Oct 2017
For something so hyped, what's with the sub par and clunky animation?
Sep 26, 2021 3:01 AM

Feb 2021
davidyodo24 said:
wait what, the Protagonist didn't sit on the Corner Back seat? what is this... lmao

Hell Yeah his friend drawing Oppai, definitely relatable.

okay first episode i guess.

it is not a good thing to see many complain on the First Episode from the Manga Bros, kinda made me worried.

Some dialogues were omitted it is true. But overall pretty good adaptation!
MemoreSep 26, 2021 4:15 AM
Sep 26, 2021 4:01 AM

May 2017
Liked the characters and the premise but the art and animation are really bad.
Sep 26, 2021 4:18 AM
Mar 2021
Everything seems just fine, nothing to complain about. Good introduction.
Sep 26, 2021 4:28 AM

Feb 2021
noidea6492 said:
Everything seems just fine, nothing to complain about. Good introduction.

Totally agree!!!
Sep 26, 2021 5:41 AM

Apr 2018
Gonna be one of those manga readers right now.

The anime? It's good, it's following the manga, the pacing is fine everything's fine but...

It doesn't have the feeling. It's animated in a way you would animate a regular anime. The beautiful shading, the feeling, the quality is just not here. As I said nothing wrong with this, but it's also nothing special, it doesn't feel like anything, Yatora almost seems bland, when in the manga he felt really relatable.

The music. Kinda odd?? Like when he was flowing in Shibuya in his mind, they played this funky tune. Why? I would've loved for this anime to have calming, relaxing. inspiring music, but it's either not there (which I can see being like a charming thing) or it kinda doesn't fit

I highly recommend reading the manga now or after the anime adaptation from the beginning. The art is very good, Yatora looks and feels more real instead of looking like a baddie. Character expressions also add a lot to the feeling in the manga.

TL;DR:
Anime good, but nothing special. Manga good, feels special.
Sep 26, 2021 7:15 AM

Dec 2020
YOOOO ITS HERE ITS HEREEE !!!

they left out the part where yaguchi said "im actually being tutored by this guy!(rank 1 in the class)" to cover up the fact that he Actually works and tries hard so im kinda ? on why they left it out

but overall pretty nice first episode, ig i was just expecting some more WOW animation for this adaptation since the mangs was just.. Great. but again its not like this is bad, at all. hope it doesn't effect the storytelling tho, manga fr made me think hard about my life lol
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Period Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 10, 2021

138 by Prleee69 »»
Sep 10, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Blue Period Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Oct 8, 2021

125 by Supremestrawhat »»
Jun 28, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Blue Period Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Oct 1, 2021

143 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 11:49 PM

Poll: » Blue Period Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 29, 2021

49 by Kayo_fujinuma »»
Apr 27, 1:57 PM

Poll: » Blue Period Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 3, 2021

55 by Ginsbxnkai »»
Mar 18, 7:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.