Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 14, 2021 6:13 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not going to lie, this episode felt depressing to watch for the first half especially since Ryou seems to try to put a distance between himself and Ichika.

However, it's about damn time Ichika finally confessed to him after 11 episodes. Being honest with herself isn't easy but she did it! We got a kiss too! That was worth waiting for. 7/10.

Jul 2017
Ryo is still calling Ichika? Well damn, habits don't change. But the passing of time since the very beginning to now, both Ichika and Ryo have serious second thoughts about going into the dating space should "responsibility" fail them. Why then pursue a relationship in the first place?

Even Ichika's parents are married with a 5-year ageg gap, but they're adults and are OK with it, and Ichika is still a young girl who hasn't turned 18 yet. Nevertheless, she decides to put in effort to contact Ryo otherwise as reciprocation.

Rio going out of her way to help Ichika since the love between her older brother and her best friend in school is mutual, but it's only Ichika who can make the final decisions herself to pursue Ryo. Even Masuda knows better than Ryo himself, with the serious Q&A about dating Ichika. Yelp, the winggirl and wingman support characters overshadow the MCs as they provide lots of help.

The push from both Rio and Masuda leads both Ryo and Ichika to face one another again in the same train station where they met. There's no running away from their issues, immature or not with creeps. And as much as the relationship gpt resolved then and there, it's time whom they have to wait until it's legal to do so. Should I feel happy for them? Yes...in terms of fiction.

Whew, this is finally over...

Feb 2017
Not gonna lie I'm happy it's over, a pretty bad anime overall and a poor job from Nomad.
At least Ryo saving Ichika from falling was a nice rebound to episode 1.

Jul 2020
The narrative ends where it started, that train station of fate where a werido and a high school girl first met. Decent overall, nothing revolutionary but nothing outstandingly bad either, did well to get over the controversy of grooming, yet it still kinda falls under that grey area. Rate it 7 overall since it was a decent watch and could put it on in the background without being too intrusive and the comedy was the main selling point imo, the boke/tsukkomi style rather than the romance if that makes sense.

Rio is still best girl, idc what anyone says, and her meddling is basically what caused the two to get together in the first place. Ichika admittign her feelings was a major step forward for her and she basically got her mum's permission to do the same.

Ryo not paying her heed was a bit confusing all things considered, since I though last episode he was resolved to be the good guy but what the heck. Surprised this anime had a timespan of 6 months, and ryo called her every day without stop for those 6 months and she picked up, dedication my dood.

Masuda shows again why he's one of the best guys of this anime, his entire tough love scene was jokes, and he seemed more drunk off that single cigarette than ryo did from the alcohol, but he defo wasted that cigarette, he lit it and the next minute he puts it out xD.

The whole confession scene was decent, considering the circular narrative that returned to the train station, but this time ryo saving ichika. Did not expect that kiss to happen but it did and I ain't complaining. Her wanting ryo to wait does deal with the age gap somewhat and was a somewhat decent conclusion to an otherwise fun anime. Ryo's father also seems to have taken heed to Rio's advice, abstaining from arguing with him when his son finally steeled his resolve.

Really wish we get an OVA or something along those lines of the future since it's still up in airs whether they actually get together after she grows up.
LeviathanHWDJun 14, 2021 6:21 AM
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Jun 14, 2021 6:20 AM

Jul 2019
im just waiting to see what heat is going to come down here now lmao.
Jun 14, 2021 6:21 AM

Jan 2021
Phew, quite a happy ending, I was satisfied. It's also the first anime I've followed from beginning to end :D

I don't dislike it, and there are some pretty funny moments, overall 5/10
Jun 14, 2021 6:21 AM

May 2020
What an aMaZIng show.

unpopular opinion: she is best girl for this spring seasonal anime, no doubt lmao

Jun 14, 2021 6:22 AM

May 2019
What.. ended pretty dull. well whatever.
Jun 14, 2021 6:23 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well it ended how I expect: Ichika realized her love and confessed to Ryou, Ryou even kiss her (and I didn't expect that), but at least he'll wait for her to become an adult before going out, that's the best they can do I think... even though I would have preferred Ichika to end up with her classmate to be honest
Jun 14, 2021 6:38 AM

Nov 2016
The "back to insecurities" drama in the first half felt kinda forced, especially since they had to cram it in last second. But I guess that's obligatory.

That was the only drop of bitterness in this otherwise sweet finale. It didn't leave much to be desired for a one cour series. A reflected and emotional conclusion. The callback to episode one and the kiss were nice touches on top. A worthwhile pay-off after some up and downs. I'm more than satisfied.

7/10

This was a really fun ride overall.

PS: Ryou best boy of Spring 21

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 14, 2021 6:41 AM

Feb 2020
Cute little love story, not great, but not bad either. It got better toward the end, especially when the show started addressing the age gap. 6/10
Jun 14, 2021 6:42 AM
Feb 2017
probably i light hearted series with a decent ending this season i really liked it to this point and the episode was little bit of forced in first after all that development in the last episode but enjoyed it
Jun 14, 2021 6:45 AM

Apr 2014
It was the happy ending for both Ryou and Ichika at the same staircase from the first episode. Rio is the best friend and best little sister.
btw, I'm still supporting Arriety. lol I'm glad that she still got some little screentime at the ending.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 14, 2021 6:48 AM

May 2015
This episode was pretty boring, and the anime was nothing special overall. Well, good for them getting there and making each other's lives better but I can't say it left me happy or in any way emotional. Maybe, it just wasn't the couple or relationship dynamic I wanted to cheer on. This has nothing to do with the age gap, just Ryo-san being annoying in his pursuits and Ichika-san being so unremarkable as a character.
Jun 14, 2021 6:50 AM
Jul 2020
good episode. cute romance anime. i really like ichika with ryo. i give it 7/10
Jun 14, 2021 6:59 AM
Feb 2021
Sweet and wholesome last episode. Gave us a sad build up in the first half and then hit us with that amazing confession scene. Ichika saying everything she wanted to say and asking Ryou to wait for her was beautiful and Ryou responding that they will wait together as they both grow into adults was wholesome. We even got a kiss (I honestly didn’t expect it). As someone who watches a bunch of rom coms I started to appreciate more when I get a closed ending because of how much open endings we get in this genre. So a sweet closed ending to an anime about a relationship feels great.
Jun 14, 2021 7:01 AM

Feb 2019
Was not expecting to see this many people here this early for the finale thread, but anyway. LETS FUCKING GOOOO. Shoujo confession scenes>>> any garbage battle shonen action sequence. This was everything I could’ve hoped for and more. Ichika’s slap and “I love you” had me squealing like a girl. Despite their differences, they're a great couple and fill in a lot of each other’s weaknesses. I feel bad for Arrie and Ichika’s friend, but there’s always someone hurt in these situations. I’d love a sequel OVA with Ichika out of high school just to see how everyone’s getting on.

Koikimo really grew on me a lot after the first couple episodes, quickly became one of my hypest moments of the week. I’ve certainly enjoyed every episode, feel bad for the haters who were too salty to be able to enjoy a great show. Onto the source material now.
Marinate1016Jun 14, 2021 7:06 AM
Jun 14, 2021 7:02 AM

Jan 2013
it started off fine…but the gimmick almost immediately has gotten old and VERY creepy. it doesnt help that the voices are very grating to hear especially Ryo’s. its like the actor talking with a glass bottle, its even worse when he talks over the phone. its not awful but its a boring 5/10
Jun 14, 2021 7:02 AM

Jun 2019
Well, taking a parent's advice never hurts someone. And, Ichika's mother stated some great points there for Ichika. Looks like Ichika's been missing Ryo's call and not being able to talk to him and Ryo is doing the same, he's trying to keep himself away from her even tho he has feelings for her. They would just keep hurting themselves if it goes like this.

The great thing is both Ichika and Ryo have someone who can give them advice. Props to Rio and Masuda. It was so cute to see that both of them sorted out their respective feelings for each other. And, they had their special moment as well. "Wait for me until I become an adult". I personally enjoyed this show. 7/10
Jun 14, 2021 7:06 AM
Jul 2018
Pain. Bliss. Love. Sadness. Goosebumps. This ending has it all. Ryo gonna wait until she becomes an adult. Fine romcom this year. Not to mention even without the banger op and ed this episode hits the feels. Thanks for this anime. It really refreshes me. Though the anime creates chaos and discussion, i love it being true to its story. In the end people’s opinion doesn’t matter. Its upon the individuals in relationships. If they are happy then there is no need to worry about society. Thanks for the journey. It goes into my one of the best rom com series list.

10/10 i love light hearted rom com. This is for me
Apr 2018
Oh, that was it? It sure did not feel like a finale to me.
Oct 2018
After last week, this is pretty much the ending I expected, nice touch with the setting for the confession being the train station from Ep 1. Decent show overall, despite the age gap issue, which I feel they handled about as well as they could.

The manga has ended, so I assume this is it for Koikimo. I was going to give it 6/10 but then I remembered the OP and ED, so an extra point for those. So 7/10. More than decent for a show I initially felt was going to be super cringy, but it actually got better and better as it progressed.
Jun 14, 2021 7:07 AM

Mar 2016
I actually don't actively hate the series, but even without the uncomfortable premise of the age gap and the grooming shit, it's soooooooo dull, repetitive, and unprogressive (not to mention a lot of cringe). The finale, though it didn't seem like one, felt more like trying to wrap up things at the very last moment after all that aimless fluff in the middle. Nothing particularly caught my interest and nothing really felt substantial in general.

0.5/10. Disguised itself as a cutesy rom com but never did anything commendable in the end.
Jun 14, 2021 7:08 AM
Jul 2018
Marinate1016 said:
LETS FUCKING GOOOO. Shoujo confession scenes>>> any garbage battle shonen action sequence

I might have to agree on that. This confession followed by sad start hits the feels. I am happy for both uwu
Jun 14, 2021 7:18 AM
May 2016
Overall it's a nice romance fantasy for nerd teen girls, if boys can get 100's of them it's nice they can get one once in a while. A little to predictable and slow there toward the end but better than I expected. The sister was very sweet, need a show about her finding sumo love ;P
Jun 14, 2021 7:18 AM

Dec 2014
Fairly nice conclusion.

The drama did feel a little rushed but it wrapped up nicely and ended well. The confession scene at the end was very sweet.

Overall, a fun ride. Sweet and funny, never went too far down the melodramatic hole and kept the overall tone of the show cute and sweet. Rio was definitely best girl, show wouldn't be where it is without her.

7/10
Jun 14, 2021 7:27 AM

Apr 2020
Finished!!! Really
I kinda wished that they would show grownup ichika in the epilogue
But overall it was really fun to watch
Critical 7.4/10
Enjoyment 8/10
Jun 14, 2021 7:29 AM

Jul 2017
ngl that was a fairly solid conclusion, at least it wasn't a "go read the manga" type of one. Though having the manga already be completed probably helps with that. Confession scene was pretty cute lol

overall this series was fairly decent tbh. I do think bits at the beginning were a bit too far at times, but I did like how it got better later on, especially with regards to character dynamics. Also really surprised how well handled the love triangles were in this series (especially given how there were fukin 2 of them), not every series you see a love triangle that doesn't cause too many unnecessary misunderstandings

though I do think the production value was kinda dead for most of it lmao

The Curious case of Toshiyuki Tonoyaga's Microphone/10

though one things for sure, this series definitely showed just how many big brain MALers don't actually know what pedophilia means :P
Jun 14, 2021 7:29 AM

Feb 2008
Now ANN can stop crying about the age gap.
Jun 14, 2021 7:32 AM
Aug 2020
I felt the anime was too short, time used to fly when I watch each episode of Koikimo.
Overall it was a good anime I wouldn't say the best but it was definitely good.
When I watched the first episode I felt it was a little different and maybe weird compared to the normal rom-com's but eventually my first impression of this anime faded and it got better and better with each episode.
The ending was a little forced I think they should have added another episode(just my feeling)where they learnt more about their feelings towards each other but anyway it was perfect the way it is.
I would really like if the side characters were focused a little more.
So I hope this anime gets OVA with 1. Ichika and Tamaru and 2. Ryou and Matsuhima focusing on them and I hope they also add the best girl Rio in it.
Overall the anime was a straight 7.5/10 but i liked the op and ed so a total of 8/10
Jun 14, 2021 7:32 AM
Feb 2021
He hoped that he was with his partner because to wait hahaha it was good, neither bad nor good
Jun 14, 2021 7:33 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Decent conclusion.

It wasn't hard to predict that Ichika would've had to chase Ryo-san's back given how the last few episodes have been building up but seeing Ryo-san try to put some distance was kind of aggravating xD. Good thing Masuda-san gave him a good word or two.

Best winger Rio meanwhile to rile up Ichika successfully, attagirl! She's been too selfless throughout the series and even this episode with the confrontation with her father, here's to hoping she can find a fine sumo wrestler for herself in due time.

Ryo-san's VA did a particularly great job, imo. Maturity, you could feel that from his performance lol. Another take-away from the show would be the ED theme, boy it's just fantastic! One of my favs from this season, up there with Tokyo Revengers, FB: Final, 86 and NNT's tracks.

All in all, it's been a fairly fun ride so I'll give this a generous 7/10. Wished for something more like KoiAme but well.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 14, 2021 7:38 AM

Sep 2019
Oh wow they kissed, I wasn’t expecting it to happen this soon.

Well, nothing much to say about this show. I didn’t like it.
Jun 14, 2021 7:43 AM

Dec 2020
This ending was wholesome, we didn’t hear the OP but i had to say the ED was in the perfect moment. Ichika has a character development because she never goes by herself and yell ryo and run after him. Thanks to rio and matsuda they helping them to get together and ichika can confess her live for him.
I was thinking i give it 8/10 or 7/10 because of the storylines and audio
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jun 14, 2021 7:57 AM

Jan 2012
Well that certainly was a romance anime. Look, let's put aside the questionable plot. Let's put aside the better love interest for each of the leads the show only built up just to tear down as possibilities. The key here, as in all anime I suppose, is was it entertaining? And, frankly, no. No it was pretty darn dry and boring. If I ever think of this anime again in my life the only thoughts that may pop into my head are "Oh, that's the boring show with the huge age gap premise." or something to that effect. It looked passable. The opening theme was the best thing about the show. I watched it to its completion because a show has to be pretty damn awful to get me to drop it anymore, not bland like this one. I was gonna be nice and give it a 6, but really it's a 5.
Jun 14, 2021 8:00 AM

Nov 2013
im not sure what i think about the grand finale just yet, i mean it was decent but was it everything i hoped for and more? nah, not really
im glad to see them resolve all their problems and that they're willing to wait until ichika's an adult but the story for the end was pretty weak, it didnt make me feel anything
Jun 14, 2021 8:18 AM
May 2021
This episode really was a fine conclusion. The anime didn't pretend it wasn't controversial and worked around that. The producers used that fact to create the conflict for the show. As a romance, it really did everything right in my opinion. My favorite anime this season... after super cub. I can't find faults with it except for the age gap, which was the key problem the anime was working against. The pace was great, the characters had chemistry, and I enjoyed the music. It art wasn't awful and the story was solid. It will be missed... by some at least.
Jun 14, 2021 8:19 AM

Mar 2018
Sad to see how Ryou views himself and how he sees that he isn’t a good fit for Ichika (though it is somewhat justified) and how he would give up Ichika to make her happy.

Nice to see them resolve their issues and kiss at the same spot the series started with the roles reversed.

Pretty nice way to start my Mondays, sad to see it go.
Jun 14, 2021 8:32 AM
Aug 2020
7 / 10 - Next romcon.
Jun 14, 2021 8:37 AM

Nov 2014
Perfect ending for this series in my opinion, im so sad this is finished already, i will miss my koikimo mondays.

7.5/10 - Highly recommendable
Jun 14, 2021 9:06 AM
Mar 2015
Glad they agreed to stay together and wait till she is an adult
Jun 14, 2021 9:21 AM
Apr 2020
Is it only me who shedding tears when ichika chased ryo?? The music fits perfectly
Jun 14, 2021 9:29 AM
Feb 2021
hikariintan said:
Is it only me who shedding tears when ichika chased ryo?? The music fits perfectly
The use of the music was perfect. Also the song still slaps.
Jun 14, 2021 9:49 AM

Jun 2020
Ryou has indeed changed. Instead of brushing off his father & getting into a heated argument right off the bat, he tried to explain himself & hope that his father can understand him. It’s a small step, but it’s a step towards communication. And his father is willing to hear him out. Just like his mother said, they are alike afterall :’)

Doubt we’ll get an OVA but I do want to see how they are like in the future.

HM MASUDA, TAMARU, SUCH SOLID GUYS

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jun 14, 2021 9:51 AM
𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

Apr 2020
A disgusting show that I absolutely loved. Probably the first romance anime ending I was totally satisfied with. This is one nice fucking show. I hope all the bad reviews are incinerated.

in retrospect to think what it started out as, I love how it turned out. it wasn't the story that made it good, there's not much plot in romance anime anyways, you just gotta fall in love with the characters. And the characters here, despite being cringe at times were pretty mature. Loved all the characters, I'd totally simp for ryo but I don't bend that way so...
Jun 14, 2021 9:52 AM

Dec 2010
I thought I'd drop this shit after a few episodes but ended up watching the entire thing after all, so it can't have been that bad I guess. Then again it wasn't very good either.

Should've went for the incest route, the imouto was 10/10.
Jun 14, 2021 10:01 AM
May 2020
Finally........ They kissed. Really sad that such a cute show ended so quickly. I loved it 🤩💓💓💓
Jun 14, 2021 10:05 AM
Mar 2019
I really love this anime. have all things

for me its a 9,5/10

any know in what chaper of manga continues
Jun 14, 2021 10:07 AM
Jun 2021
mature and wholesome show overall
Jun 14, 2021 10:10 AM

Jan 2013
I'm more disappointed it wasn't worse than what we got. This deal should've been more serious but they were too casual about it until Amakusa's dad showed up and wanted more of that.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2021

59 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 25, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2021

70 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 25, 2:35 AM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2021

72 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 25, 1:41 AM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Clas1ck - Mar 29, 2021

275 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 24, 10:11 PM

» I love Rio! Who's with me?

mufarari - Feb 15

4 by TrayC-3PO »»
Feb 16, 6:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.