Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 24, 2021 1:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another battle between Class 1-Aand Class A-B.

Very glad to see Tsukuyomi in action, considering how dangerous Dark Shadow can be. Round 2 also included Momo, one of my favorite characters in the show. Class A-B shouldn't be underestimated either of course.

Tbh, I actually like Round 2 better so far with some of the more unique characters in the show coming together in a joint battle.
Apr 24, 2021 2:08 AM

Mar 2020
that midnight scene lol

Kendo's team looks strong ngl and that Mushroom girl is OP

So movie 2 spoiled Tokoyami's flying for many anime onlies huh?

Well Team Kendo vs Team Momo...who will win?
Apr 24, 2021 2:44 AM

Jul 2020
Didn't expect tokoyami to start flying up in here! When I watched first season I was wondering why he didn't, guess my question was answered lol! And kinoko was kinda crazy, props to kendo for having such an intricate plan!
LeviathanHWDApr 24, 2021 2:53 AM
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Apr 24, 2021 2:54 AM

Oct 2017
Finally Tokoyomi flew, he was a bird all this time but for the first time he flew.

Deku blabbering nonstop about how it works was funny.
Apr 24, 2021 2:57 AM

Sep 2018
Is it just me or is Sub purposely mistranslating the word Black sa Dark? Its weird.

Chuuni vs Chuuni , Darkness vs Darkness! The animation was fluid af!

Edit: the word Vantablack is trademarked by the company that created it so it cant be used.
FarmaceutApr 24, 2021 4:12 AM
well that's just my opinion.....
Apr 24, 2021 3:05 AM

Jul 2013
I like Shihai Kuroiro. Not only is his ability cool, his sly scheming personality is fun. Class A fell right into Class B' traps.
Apr 24, 2021 3:08 AM

Jan 2009
ye birds should learn to fly anyway damn it lol

Momo vs Kendo the battle to determine who is the beauty and brains
degApr 24, 2021 3:13 AM
Apr 24, 2021 3:09 AM

Jan 2021
Really good episode
The second fight begins, the members of the B class are very interesting
Nice, quite strage but now Tokoyami can fly 😂
Mushrooms?!? 0.0
Apr 24, 2021 3:09 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The next match started and it's already good and tense, great to see a backstory of Fumikage and Hawk during the stage and that now thanks to dark shadow he manages to fly, that Kuroiro guy's quirk is really OP and now it's mushrooms time :/ I can't wait for more Momo's epic moments in the next episode
Apr 24, 2021 3:13 AM

Oct 2009
Can someone please tell me why on earth Kuroiro's BLACK and VANTABLACK were transformed into DARK and VANTADARK??? (Latter doesn't even make sense.) Pointless changes are pointless.

Farmaceut said:
Is it just me or is Sub purposely mistranslating the word Black sa Dark? Its weird.

Nope, not just you.
Apr 24, 2021 3:16 AM

Aug 2020
Class 1-B quirks are so cool, glad we're seeing them get the spotlight they deserve.
Apr 24, 2021 3:20 AM
Sep 2015
Isn't it nice that My Hero Academia has black character? A truly black one as well, more diversed characters are always welcome in superhero genre.

Another episode, another You Say Run variation, and I love every single one of them!

Blood Hero "Vlad King" might be an Endeavor knockoff, but since it's unlikely that Endeavor will appear soon, I'll have to appreciate Vlad King instead.
Apr 24, 2021 3:28 AM
Mar 2021
Both teams get evaluations from their homeroom teacher, after the first round match.

Finally, Tokoyami used his new move, Black Fallen Angel.

The two teams really had a well-thought-out plan and Class A's attack was repaid with a mushroom attack? Damn, I can't wait for the next episode.
Apr 24, 2021 3:35 AM

Dec 2020
I like how they show tsukuyomi learn his new technique with hawks.
Tbh i don’t like itsuka but its my opinion.

I hope in the next episode Class A win this but Class B in to underestimat too!
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Apr 24, 2021 3:40 AM
Dec 2020
everytime i see monoma do the dio backbend i just go :)
Apr 24, 2021 3:51 AM
Aug 2020
A really well tokoyami episode, it was surprising seeing the 3DCG in this episode but it’s really unique, but the next episode, itsuka looks badass, ny fav 1-B character 😎.
Apr 24, 2021 3:53 AM

Jun 2019
Tokoyami's Dark shadow is really cool. Great to see Hawks helping Tokoyami. Also, we got it Deku, Stop blabbering. Finally, Tokoyami can fly. Good episode.
Apr 24, 2021 4:03 AM
Apr 2021
Tokoyamiiii🖤
Apr 24, 2021 4:07 AM
May 2017
Loved this episode, really liked Tokoyami and Hawks relationship plus his new wings technique is COOL!
Apr 24, 2021 4:09 AM

Mar 2019
Nice episode with the introduction of Tokoyami's new move. I always liked him and him going to Hawks was even better because I get to see both in action which brings the enjoyment up. I hate to say this but trying to fit all the B class in this arc is a bad decision. The animation is great again, but everything feels so slow and that will eventually mean this arc gets boring.

Still, nice episode but damn I just can't wait 24 weeks until this season is over. I want to binge this, not watch it weekly but that would mean waiting until september which is something I don't want.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 24, 2021 4:10 AM
Jul 2018
My super boring hero academia strikes yet again. They could have easily fast-paced many chapters here.......
Apr 24, 2021 4:11 AM

Sep 2018
yellowheartren said:
Can someone please tell me why on earth Kuroiro's BLACK and VANTABLACK were transformed into DARK and VANTADARK??? (Latter doesn't even make sense.) Pointless changes are pointless.

Farmaceut said:

Nope, not just you.

The word Vantablack is trademarked by the company that created it, so they changed it for legal reasons.
well that's just my opinion.....
Apr 24, 2021 4:14 AM

Apr 2014
this arc is much better animated

it was ok in manga form but much better in anime form

am loving this arc
"one step at a time"
Apr 24, 2021 4:29 AM

Oct 2009
Farmaceut said:
The word Vantablack is trademarked by the company that created it, so they changed it for legal reasons.

Man, someone really needs to nuke the USPTO...... -_- thanks for the heads-up.
Apr 24, 2021 4:50 AM

Mar 2018
Nah for real I was never expecting this episode to be this good. They are really improving Joint Training exponentially and that's mostly thanks to the awesome directing and animation.

Crazy to think that S4 was just a misstep, I still don't think JT is an a great arc but the anime is making it way more enjoyable than fucking Overhaul which is straight up hilarious.
Florent3571Apr 28, 2021 2:28 AM
Apr 24, 2021 5:20 AM

Nov 2020
Florent3571 said:
Nah for real I was never expecting this episode to be this good. They are really improving Joint Training exponentially and that's mostly thanks to the awesome directing and animation.

Crazy to think that S4 was just a misstep, I still don't think JT is an a great arc but the anime is making way more enjoyable than fucking Overaul which is straight up hilarious.

Have to agree there, guess that second movie put a dent in Season 4's production as it's pretty surprising how well animated and engaging this season is so far despite the simple material. For me with S4 though it was less the animation (which was honestly pretty good for the most part save for some glaring examples) and more the editing/pacing, since it felt very stop and go. Like as soon as the action would get going, the pacing would grind to a halt for a 5 minute flashback. There's a way to integrate downtime and flashbacks without interrupting the flow of a story, but for whatever reason those in charge of last season didn't know how to do that too well.
Are ya winning, diners?
Apr 24, 2021 5:23 AM

Feb 2014
Shihai Kuroiro's abilities, as well as his personality, was very interesting to see how he used it during the start of the second battle between class 1-A and 1-B.

It also showcased Tokoyami's new ability to fly, which was something he was able to learn after having his intern and work study with Hawks. Despite saying he's not interested in helping others, Hawks made an exception to Tokoyami since they were a bird of a feather.

The results were great as Tokoyami did well going after Kuroiro. There was plenty of CGI used with the pipeline system and it was done really well, too. =)

The battle is going to get more interesting as plan B has been activated with the mushroom girl's traps working already. This fight will most likely be closer than the previous one, so I do look forard to seeing who wins next time. =3
Apr 24, 2021 5:39 AM

Nov 2020
Decent episode, it was great seeing Tokoyami's time with Hawks as it felt weird that they skipped it before, although the reveal of his new flying ability was dampened a bit due to the second movie spoiling it. Still, nice to see our emo bird get more exposure and his rival made the fight more tense and entertaining with some more surprisingly fluid animation and direction. Will be interesting seeing how they deal with Kendo and the mushroom girl next episode. With that being said it's looking like we won't be done with this arc anytime soon since we're five episodes in and are only halfway through round 2. Don't know if they're trying to milk this arc for all it's worth, but the first half of this episode felt like it was wasting time with the aftermath of the first round. Like yeah, it's nice to see the first two teams reflect on their first fight, but did we really need to see the other groups brain-storming and another montage that reflects on how far Class 1A has come?
Are ya winning, diners?
Apr 24, 2021 5:51 AM

Jun 2015
Loved it. Kuroiro merging with dark shadows own well dark shadow and taking over it was really interesting. Then being ejected by disco boy and regaining control. Then deep diving into some off screen remembering was epic. Not to mention he trained with Hawks on his apprentice scheme. And as we now know Hawks is pretty on point as being a true hero and not in it for the money, but actually wants to just save lives!

P.S Everyone wants loves a navel buffet once in a while. Mmmm Mmm. Erm... Alright, I was sold at buffet. Everyone loves a buffet. Im pretty sure we can look past the navel aspect :D
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 24, 2021 6:19 AM
Mar 2019
Not gonna lie I felt dumb about Tokyoyami’s flying ability.Like obviously he could’ve done something like that but I just never knew the how until when that happened and I legitimately questioned my stupidity there.
Apr 24, 2021 7:04 AM

Mar 2020
Roch2001 said:
Loved it. Kuroiro merging with dark shadows own well dark shadow and taking over it was really interesting. Then being ejected by disco boy and regaining control. Then deep diving into some off screen remembering was epic. Not to mention he trained with Hawks on his apprentice scheme. And as we now know Hawks is pretty on point as being a true hero and not in it for the money, but actually wants to just save lives!

P.S Everyone wants loves a navel buffet once in a while. Mmmm Mmm. Erm... Alright, I was sold at buffet. Everyone loves a buffet. Im pretty sure we can look past the navel aspect :D
not the disco boy...the invisible girl helped in regaining control

ScottMerica said:
Decent episode, it was great seeing Tokoyami's time with Hawks as it felt weird that they skipped it before, although the reveal of his new flying ability was dampened a bit due to the second movie spoiling it. Still, nice to see our emo bird get more exposure and his rival made the fight more tense and entertaining with some more surprisingly fluid animation and direction. Will be interesting seeing how they deal with Kendo and the mushroom girl next episode. With that being said it's looking like we won't be done with this arc anytime soon since we're five episodes in and are only halfway through round 2. Don't know if they're trying to milk this arc for all it's worth, but the first half of this episode felt like it was wasting time with the aftermath of the first round. Like yeah, it's nice to see the first two teams reflect on their first fight, but did we really need to see the other groups brain-storming and another montage that reflects on how far Class 1A has come?
we need to because when this arc was publishing in the manga the mangaka was sick and was taking frequent breaks and the chapters published were only 10 pages long so the pacing was messed up and the anime is making up for it.

Those brainstorming is needed because that is when we see the development and flaws in their fighting style.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenApr 24, 2021 7:08 PM
Apr 24, 2021 7:14 AM

Mar 2020
It seems like quick thinking and smart, thought out plans will play a huge role in this round. It already looks like Class 1-A is losing though. Towards the end of the episode it looks like Momo and invisible girl got baited into a trap. On top of that A-1 was not able to capitalize when they had a 4 on 1 against the shadow guy.
Apr 24, 2021 7:25 AM

Jul 2017
If anything, the first match between Classes 1-A and 1-B is but a test tube example for future match conflicts.

HEH, Bakugo NEEDS NO PLAN, because he can explode everywhere he so desires: a one-man boisterious angry kid show. For All Might to see the light amidst all that's happened, Izuku and Co. is their next generation of heroes they can look upon.

Moving on with YaoMomo's group vs. Kendo's group, it's the 2nd time they're paired against each other on even ground, but the 1st with Tokoyami against Kuroiro, the destined rivals.

So Tokoyami used to be trained under Hawks during his Pro Hero work study-cum-internship, and he learned a great deal under him, just with less-than-desired info with his experience on the USJ incident.

A birth of Tokoyami's flight power, and mushrooms, we're surpassing Chapter 200 next week.
Apr 24, 2021 7:27 AM
Oct 2016
Great episode as we start the second match. Before that though I'm glad that Erasure went over what had gone wrong in the first match with his students. Tsu and Kirishima both recognizing where they could've been better. Kaminari being his normal goofball self not realizing a thing. I loved the Tokoyami focus in this episode. Showing his internship and work study with Hawks. We'd heard him mention it before but now we see what all they did. Hawks zooming around in the sky while Tokoyami and the other sidekicks chased after cleaning up the villains Hawks had captured. Tokoyami not really being able to keep up until Hawks gives him that advice. Saying that while learning new moves and techniques is important you shouldn't forget to train the start you're good at. Tokoyami should use Dark Shadow more to add to his other moved. Hence why Tokoyami comes up with that floating idea we see him use in this second match. Kuroiro using his shadow moving quirk to grab Aoyama taking out the class a team. Kuroiro was gonna just use his quirk to zoom them back to the jail but with Aoyama using his twinkle they have to shift to the back up plan. Kinoko activating her mushrooms to spread everywhere!
Apr 24, 2021 7:37 AM
Apr 2020
The best part was how Midoriya was explaining the flying ability in detail like it was so obvious and others were like 'huh?'
Apr 24, 2021 7:37 AM

Jul 2020
MUSHROOMS!?!!? HUHHH!?!!!??

Apr 24, 2021 7:58 AM

Feb 2021
this episode was okay ig? it was about tokoyami and that was somewhat hype, and it seems like we are gonna lose this match if momo or tokoyami don't carry hard
Apr 24, 2021 7:59 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
It's nice to see that Tokoyami's getting more development, instead of just remaining as a chill angry bird.

Black/Kuro already has a darkness quirk, so he might as well do a Blackbeard and take Shinsou's quirk and become the ultimate cunning hero.

That mushroom girl however, is looking mad weird - even for quirk standards lol.
Apr 24, 2021 8:21 AM

Jun 2015
i_m_a_con_man said:
Roch2001 said:

not the disco boy...the invisible girl helped in regaining control

Well fuck me side ways, Ive taken on board your criticism and re-watched the episode. And indeed it was the light refracting move. But who gives a shit about who does what, im trying to enjoy an epic show, and if your going to micro manage my comments down to such a minuscule detail im going to trigger myself and micro manage everything you post. GFY.
Apr 24, 2021 8:28 AM

Jun 2015
Whats the point of this post. Its nothing more than an ego pissing in the wind. Dont quote other people and then say nothing beyond trying to feel superior and act like a art critic of the show. Ive read what you have said, and ive 'Brainstormed' it all and you should really stop being a .....

i_m_a_con_man said:
ScottMerica said:
we need to because when this arc was publishing in the manga the mangaka was sick and was taking frequent breaks and the chapters published were only 10 pages long so the pacing was messed up and the anime is making up for it.

Those brainstorming is needed because that is when we see the development and flaws in their fighting style.
Apr 24, 2021 8:47 AM

Oct 2016
Really great episode! It's really awesome how Bones is making this arc even much more enjoyable. At this point, I am sure the remaining fights will be just as good or maybe even better.

Have always been a fan of Tokoyami, so of course I loved this episode. Was cool to see what happened with Tokoyami's internship and work study with Hawks. My man Hawks, truly the man who's too fast for his own good. Tokoyami being able to keep up somehow with Hawks is goated.

The 2 chuunis going at it is great, but Vantablack is no match for Tsukoyomi and his new move "Dark Fallen Angel". Based Deku, explaining how Tokoyami was flying. It's mushroom time. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 24, 2021 9:08 AM

Oct 2020
Finally, Tokoyami getting some character development. His new flying technique was so goddamn cool. I feel like team Kendo currently has the upper hand right now. Hopefully, team Momo can pull through.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2021 9:10 AM

Dec 2014
Tokoyami's time with Hawks and him learning to fly was definitely the best part of the episode for me. Loved how Deku nerded out over explaining how it worked. xD
Apr 24, 2021 9:11 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Tokoyami learns how to fly like a bird for the first time using "Dark Fallen Angel". Seems like he benefit from being under guidance of Hawks. However, Class A has fallen into the mushroom trap.
Apr 24, 2021 9:51 AM

Jun 2014
It's great to see how Tokoyami has improved under the guidance of Hawks. Class B's original plan may not have worked out but mushroom girl has joined the fight and is definitely gonna cause problems.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 24, 2021 9:55 AM

Dec 2013
Dark shadow and Tokoyami flying sounds like a trollscience moment lol.
Apr 24, 2021 10:14 AM

Nov 2019
Can anyone tell me if each team battle is gonna be long like these 2?If it is I think I'm gonna let the episodes pile up a bit.
Apr 24, 2021 10:31 AM

May 2018
Dark Shadow Fallen Angel looks really dope :D
Apr 24, 2021 11:04 AM

Jun 2019
It was nice to see Tokoyami get a power-up that lets him fly, although I wish that it looked cooler. I think these fights are taking too long to complete. I wouldn’t call them great to begin with and they don’t carry the same level of strategy as World Trigger’s battles to warrant how long they take.
Apr 24, 2021 11:21 AM

May 2015
Mushroom girl FTW!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

207 by Astro037 »»
May 31, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

147 by Skowyt »»
May 27, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

295 by WolfWood37 »»
May 24, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2021

120 by WolfWood37 »»
May 22, 10:11 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2021

155 by WolfWood37 »»
May 22, 9:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.