Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2021 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, I don't think Kotono is a weaker version of Mana. Kotono is herself and a talented idol by herself even if she has much to learn.

Looks like this week's episode puts more focus into building up events towards the finals. I'm rooting for these girls to succeed, especially Kotono.
Mar 7, 2021 7:20 AM
Jan 2021
This is, wow, I can't believe this is happened in idol anime (real idol anime, not like Zombie Land Saga, but have the main aspect of idol building as like Love Live and Idolmaster).

Now I can believe in 100% that Sunny Peace can be stand up besides of Franchouchou from Zombie Land Saga, as the most supranatural idol groups in the planet.
Mar 7, 2021 8:59 AM

Jul 2017
The media speculating that Sakura is the "return of Mana", that's putting last episode's words to confirmation even with Kotono's pep talk and producers Saegusa and Makino's behalf.

Even worse, what was once a secret in-between both Makino and Sakura alone about her heart transplant...is INDEED Mana's. Well that's a shocker well enough for those who've speculated that Sakura sounded like Mana, everything makes total sense now.

I'd agree with Mana that Sakura trying to replicate her idol performance just won't cut it, but following their own heart is key, along with the songs they pump out with all their heart. Whew, was that a fine closure to the worrisome worries to fulfill the last wishes of an idol's pride.

The amount of trouble that Sakura went through from introduction to confession, it was a tough uphill battle, but it's all in confidence and assurance.

A gripping episode from start to finish.
Mar 7, 2021 8:59 AM

Feb 2019
One of the best episodes for sure. So many emotional moments today. We all knew Sakura had mana’s heart, but seeing everyone else put it together was beautiful and sad. When Mana inevitably disappears at the end of the series I’m going to be bawling.

Kotono’s scene where she lays on Sakura’s chest to hear her sister’s heartbeat definitely got the emotions flowing. Then sunny piece’s performance to end the episode was amazing. Love that song.

Great episode
Mar 7, 2021 9:07 AM

Sep 2018
Really really incredible and underrated series so far!

It may be an idol show, but it really gets you in the feels sometimes and the way people are acting around these situations are quite realistic rather than some headcanon anime stuff. It's really amazing to see Sakura growth as a person.

Also, seeing her overcome the heart surgery in the ED was beautiful <3

I mean looks at this!!!
BallisticRiotMar 7, 2021 9:10 AM
Blanks.
Mar 7, 2021 9:28 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That was some really interesting development for Sakura, so she really has Mana's heart wow, and she's now aware that Mana is here as a ghost.
It's even better that thanks to her singing Sunny Peace succeeded and won, now I can't wait to see more development for Moon Tempest
Mar 7, 2021 9:31 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its unfortunate that Sakura would have to contend with always being seen as Mana's successor though. The heart transplant rumour though sure came out of nowhere though. There's no way that a heart transplant will give her the same voice as the donor though. Still that was quite the revelation about the heart. Certainly there's too many coincidence to call it a fluke. Mana's message to them though sure was a long but very heartfelt one. The concert song though was pretty impressive and resonated really well with the visuals and the lighting for that scene as well. Nice to see that the audience was just as moved by their performance as well. Overall an excellent ep that was nonetheless heavy with emotion and revelation. Im glad that after that convo with Mana that Sakura was able to find a new path forward.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 2014
Sakura's voice was already great, but holy shit that was some beautiful stuff. Not just from that too, this whole episode was a ride from start to finish, and like last week, it was handled so well.

Apr 2014
The heart donor is as expected.
One of the best and very beautiful episodes so far with a lot of emotional moments. Kotono really misses her sister, Mana. She should appear in front of Kotono once. A very great performance from Sakura at the ending. I nearly cry when saw her rehabilitate and can smile again.

The main problem of both Kotono and Sakura is their identity which related to Mana, one with the status as Mana's sister and the one with Mana's voice. Gladfully, both of them start to overcome this problem and start to have their own way as an idol.

Song for you, the great song from Sakura
何それ?意味分かんない
Mar 7, 2021 11:32 AM

Mar 2019
Another fantastic episode. Sunny Peace is one more further again. I really don't want Mana to disappear but the first sign is already there... So said "one thing left"...probably after that she can finally find her peace.
Mar 7, 2021 11:51 AM
May 2011
Beautiful episode full of suprises. I wasn't expecting the heart drama to be raised through social media rumors, nor was I expecting Mana to be revealed to Sakura. I loved the inclusion of Mei, bringing a little levity to such a tense situation. You'd think Mana would give Sakura her blessing to sing her song, but she resolutely refuses with good reasoning. Finally, the episode ends with Sakura's last performance using Mana's voice. That would normally have the potential to be disastrous, since you'd be throwing your fans a curveball, but since the competition is judged by AI, it will just come down to whether her new voice will be good enough.

Other things I liked: Makino dealing with the reporters at the beginning and Sakura's handling of the second press conference. Lastly, I loved Kotono listening to her sister's heartbeat. Not gonna lie, it almost got me (and I need a doujin where Sakura's heart rate increases during that scene)
Mar 7, 2021 12:16 PM
Nov 2011
Shingster said:
Its unfortunate that Sakura would have to contend with always being seen as Mana's successor though. The heart transplant rumour though sure came out of nowhere though. There's no way that a heart transplant will give her the same voice as the donor though. Still that was quite the revelation about the heart. Certainly there's too many coincidence to call it a fluke. Mana's message to them though sure was a long but very heartfelt one. The concert song though was pretty impressive and resonated really well with the visuals and the lighting for that scene as well. Nice to see that the audience was just as moved by their performance as well. Overall an excellent ep that was nonetheless heavy with emotion and revelation. Im glad that after that convo with Mana that Sakura was able to find a new path forward.

Actually some people have reported having tastes and habits change to match their organ donor, though it's considered mostly a superstition. Singing actually makes a bit more sense because heartbeats often match the rhythm of the song being performed.
Mar 7, 2021 12:26 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Really good episode, the end song was great, and the truth is now revealed (not that we dont know it before), feelsbad for Mana, the end will be sad but necessary.
Mar 7, 2021 12:49 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
MartinNik said:
Shingster said:

Actually some people have reported having tastes and habits change to match their organ donor, though it's considered mostly a superstition. Singing actually makes a bit more sense because heartbeats often match the rhythm of the song being performed.

Hmm thats quite interesting indeed. Thanks for sharing the knowledge.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2021 2:22 PM
Jun 2013
I went into this show totally not expecting to be close to tears and I have to say...what a ride. It takes idol shows to a new level for me. I also really enjoy the growth of Sakura. She has to become her own idol at some point, find her voice inside... but at the same time, she is who she is because of Mana. I really feel for Mana though. Her end is coming. I hope it isn't too emotional. Ur I am sure it will be.
Mar 7, 2021 2:41 PM

Mar 2017
If the song Sakura sang was Mana’s final song she didn’t get to perform, I’m a little bit sad about that honestly. Sakura sang it well, but I agree with Mana it wasn’t really her song to perform. It just kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth because it’s pretty much a song implied to be dedicated to Kotono (and possibly, and imo very likely, to Makino as well) from Mana. So to have someone else publicize the song and not even seem to have similar feelings that Mana probably had for the song, just feels wrong imo.

But if this is how they plan on concluding the whole Mana&Kotono issue along with Mana’s heart, then I’m okay with it too. It’s not done to my liking, but it’s still a fine way of resolving things.
ShizurusaMar 7, 2021 3:47 PM
Mar 7, 2021 6:49 PM

Jan 2020
Wow. Very solid episode with a great character progression for Sakura. Performance at the end was beautiful as well.

Mar 7, 2021 10:17 PM
Jul 2018
hmm... not really sure how im feeling about all this stuff with mana's reveal and all... well, i guess ill wait and see
Mar 7, 2021 11:14 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Embrace your courage you've been given.

I like this episode title, very straight-forward to told how Sunny Peace developing their battle concert, differently from Moon Tempest. Its finally answered some of the rumors, which is strange or not, have been discussed a lot even in this forum. Well, thats it! Mana's ghost even told it directly about her own idoly pride! Instead, after the last line with Kotono, Sakura decided her idoly pride as to held the last concert using Mana's blessing voices. The implication also just straight winning it (Yeah, its finally the concert end credit. A little dissapointment where its just a static images. But well, the song just good to filled the gap.), and be done with it already.

Still i questioned her decision to be like that. I mean, the next goal. What can she do about that? Well, lets save for laters. Because, if i remembered the title first, its pretty much just answering some of the previous questions only.

Fine but quite emotional direction, if you ask me.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 8, 2021 12:06 AM

Jul 2020
Ngl that was pretty emotional.

Seems like Mana will eventually disappear, not ready for that :(
Mar 8, 2021 1:49 AM

Oct 2017
So it was Mana's heart after all, saw this coming since episode 4 lol.

Mana and Sakura's conversation was pretty touching. Sunny Peace's song at the end was really good, I liked it. Too bad it was just a slide show thou.
Mar 8, 2021 1:55 AM

Sep 2020
As expected, Sakura-Chan's heart really is mana's.
That's why they share alike voices!

Looks like sakura first tries to practice the song that mana should've sung in the finals but Mana seems to disapprove it. But then sakura decides to that she'll sing the a song that she has put her feelings into with mana's voice for the last time.

Looking forward for these girls to succeed!
Mar 8, 2021 1:58 AM

Oct 2018
So, the theory that Sakura's heart is from Mana Nagase's heart is now confirm true! The premise is similar to Angel Beats which is awesome. And also another special ED for this episode and Sunny Peace won the battle. Looking forward for the development with Moon Tempest.
Forum set made by Nate
Mar 8, 2021 6:40 AM

May 2018
Finally the plot point about Mana's heart is addressed. Makino went full on Shinji mode for a few seconds there lol
Mar 8, 2021 8:29 AM

Nov 2019
This episode is the main turning point for the series and it was beautifully done! Sunny Peace is onto the next round, hopefully they all get to the finals.

Also, knew Mana's heart was Sakura's transplant! Me speculating, but I think if Sakura sings Mana's songs, that's the way she gets her energy to maintain her body as a ghost.

Can't wait to see what happens next!

This is definitely one of my favourite idol anime series, and this season is quite nice as there's this masterpiece and gekidol!
Mar 8, 2021 11:59 AM
Jul 2018
As I said last week with kotono's voice quirk now this week it's really noticeable and I'm not even done with the episode. Can a native lurking here tell me if it's some kind of dialect thing (where she modifies her おs to うs in some words) or if it's done on purpose? I know from thousands of hours listening to Japanese that something different with the way she talks is there.

We finish off with a great song at the end. Good from start to finish.
removed-userMar 8, 2021 12:24 PM
Mar 8, 2021 6:17 PM
Jan 2021
Well, this is INSANE. We are close to the meaning of the Idoly Pride!!!
Mar 8, 2021 7:51 PM

Oct 2008
now that is a great ED performance by them idorus!
3/5.

Mar 15, 2021 4:48 AM

Mar 2009
I'm sorry, but Sakura having Mana's voice because of a a heart transplant is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. What is this, a Disney film? The only good thing that came out of it was Kotono listening to the heartbeat. An endearing moment.
Mar 24, 2021 5:45 AM
Dec 2019
Mormegil said:
I'm sorry, but Sakura having Mana's voice because of a a heart transplant is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. What is this, a Disney film? The only good thing that came out of it was Kotono listening to the heartbeat. An endearing moment.

There's some research about how your heart is connected to your voice. Many scientists said you'll feel a change in your voice if you have any heart decease in real life so I don't think it was dumb.
Mar 24, 2021 5:48 AM
Dec 2019
spooky07 said:
Ngl that was pretty emotional.

Seems like Mana will eventually disappear, not ready for that :(

After watching episode 10 and 11, your prophecy is coming true. I'm also not ready for Mana disappearance 😭😭
Apr 13, 2021 11:09 AM

Nov 2013
NikunjK786 said:

i mean, we can see it at the end of this episode a little, but saying something like "after watching episode 11" is a big spoiler, you should be careful, spoilers can easily make people dislike an anime lol

anyway, damn this was a cool episode, and that ending song, i've listened to it for like an hour after finishing the episode :D
winddevil1Apr 13, 2021 11:13 AM
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
May 7, 2021 9:02 PM
Dec 2019
winddevil1 said:
NikunjK786 said:

i mean, we can see it at the end of this episode a little, but saying something like "after watching episode 11" is a big spoiler, you should be careful, spoilers can easily make people dislike an anime lol

anyway, damn this was a cool episode, and that ending song, i've listened to it for like an hour after finishing the episode :D
yeah my bad
I'll be careful from now on
Apr 11, 2022 7:21 AM

Apr 2011
So its revealed that its Mana's heart...and that her ghost is with them.

Curious how Mana's losing energy...what would happen to Mana in the future?

The feels that Mana doesn't physically exist except for her heart in Sakura's body. Kotono
crying listening to her beating alive is what is left of her.

Mana is such a waste to die so young, kinda wish she's actually secretly alive just with a different heart. But that's wishful thinking...
Aug 21, 2022 10:15 PM

Aug 2017
I find the show pretty bad. But it's funny incorporating supernatural into an idol show.

People can't be idols after getting transplants. Look at Selena Gomez. It just doesn't work out, the body becomes less robust.
Nov 15, 2023 1:54 AM

Mar 2013
I really love Mana's views. Even if it's an obvious thing to say, the way she said her mind to Sakura was inspiring and endearing.
Now this is what was lacking from the rest of them.
(To the guy above me: we are not talking about the real life but about the episode... ROFL)

Anyway, I finally get to see them singing a wonderful song made by Mana. It was wonderful. To be honest, this is the kind of song and effort that they should use for their debut.
CrazyButNot4UNov 15, 2023 2:10 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 2 Discussion

Ellenwitch - Jan 17, 2021

36 by ZeroNoColor »»
Feb 19, 8:49 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2021

75 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 15, 2023 3:59 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

31 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 15, 2023 3:14 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2021

30 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 15, 2023 2:32 AM

Poll: » Idoly Pride Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 14, 2021

34 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 14, 2023 8:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.