Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 16, 2020 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, the police has their hands full this time. I mean, John is a dangerous individual to be realming around after all.

I gotta hand it to Sarina Togo though...that's some clever thinking right there for an analyst. A big question mark is Momoki as I want see what their real motives are.
Stark700Feb 16, 2020 7:28 AM
Feb 16, 2020 7:37 AM

Apr 2016
Peeing in someone else's well, rude.
Feb 16, 2020 7:48 AM

Aug 2013
Entering a well within another well seems quite dangerous.

I hope Sakaido can find and help Hondoumachi.

Feb 16, 2020 8:04 AM
Feb 2018
Is it just me or does any one else think maybe the head chief (the white haired boss) have something to do with john walker? He head of the unit momoki boss who better to frame him maybe he helped akihito find the challenger puppeteer his "crime" so he didn't have to work with pure criminals
Feb 16, 2020 8:32 AM
Jan 2018
This gets more interesting with every episode. It really needs more attention
Feb 16, 2020 8:33 AM
Dec 2017
Man i hate we gotta wait a week for the next episode

the cliffhanger is real
Feb 16, 2020 8:34 AM
Dec 2017
Paladin23 said:
Is it just me or does any one else think maybe the head chief (the white haired boss) have something to do with john walker? He head of the unit momoki boss who better to frame him maybe he helped akihito find the challenger puppeteer his "crime" so he didn't have to work with pure criminals

Pretty much everyone and their mother thinks it might be him who's John Walker, but at the same time we feel like it may be a little too easy and obvious.
Feb 16, 2020 8:47 AM

Mar 2019
I like how Sakiado is smarter than Anaido in pretty much all fronts. Momoki seemed to know something about everything, I'm really interested to see what's going to happen next. The director being John Walker gives off too much off a 'red herring' feel to me, so I'm not buying it, but I can't really finger anyone else either.
SceptileBladeFeb 17, 2020 6:47 AM
I honestly have no idea what I'm supposed to type here.
*imitates an old man*
"Back in my day, we used to write our names fancy when they asked our signature!"
Feb 16, 2020 8:53 AM

Dec 2014
So like what is happening hmm....
Feb 16, 2020 9:10 AM

Mar 2018
This episode felt so short. I guess we'll see Sakaido and Hondoumachi working together next week. I'm looking forward to it.
Feb 16, 2020 9:17 AM
Jul 2018
The bromance between Sakaido and Anaido was the highlight of the episode. Even the hairband guy was embarrassed.

Why did they find Momoki's intent to kill particles? He's really a serial killer? This smashes my previous theory to bits.

Extremely engrossing episode this one.
Feb 16, 2020 9:41 AM

Dec 2015
The pacing of this show is spot on, any faster and it would be hella difficult to follow. You can really tell the studio took their time weeding out the unnecessary scenes and dialogues.
Feb 16, 2020 9:45 AM

Mar 2018
operationvalkyri said:
Why did they find Momoki's intent to kill particles? He's really a serial killer?

I wonder if they actually confirmed it was his or just assumed since it was found in his home. As soon as the interrogators mentioned it to him he shouted it was a trap. Maybe because he knew he had no killing intent and it has to be someone else's well?
Feb 16, 2020 9:48 AM
Jul 2018
tokidoki921 said:
operationvalkyri said:
Why did they find Momoki's intent to kill particles? He's really a serial killer?

I wonder if they actually confirmed it was his or just assumed since it was found in his home. As soon as the interrogators mentioned it to him he shouted it was a trap. Maybe because he knew he had no killing intent and it has to be someone else's well?
Perhaps that's it. Though in the past they've always been able to identify whose particles they were no matter how unlikely. Maybe someone can disguise particles to look like someone else's too?
Feb 16, 2020 9:52 AM
Sep 2015
THICCDADDY1234 said:
Paladin23 said:

Pretty much everyone and their mother thinks it might be him who's John Walker, but at the same time we feel like it may be a little too easy and obvious.

I still firm on my guess since the beginning that it's Matsuoka. He's the one who found Momoki's cognition particle in the bedroom, which even raise my suspectation like, what if it's not Momoki's particle but from other person? Matsuoka is an old, hardworking character so he goes under the radar even though he also wear long coat in real life.
Feb 16, 2020 10:04 AM
Nov 2016
THICCDADDY1234 said:
Paladin23 said:

Exactly haha.

I somehow feel like the words "everything was a trap" was pointing to everything from the start.
Feb 16, 2020 10:08 AM
Apr 2019
From the last episode I was under the impression that Momoki was completely set-up, but it seems he does know something. Since they didn’t get a chance to reconstruct the face of the watch-thief, it’s likely that the well isn’t Momoki’s. From Momoki’s reaction, it seems a easy guess that it’s the well of the guy who invented the Well, and whose body was found in Momoki’s home.
Feb 16, 2020 10:11 AM

Apr 2016
operationvalkyri said:
Why did they find Momoki's intent to kill particles? He's really a serial killer? This smashes my previous theory to bits.

Look, we know that Momoki and Sakaido were close friends ... and this is just a guess, Sakaido's wife could easily be Momoki's sister ... and what brother would not like to kill the murderer who was responsible for his own sisters suicide.
SwagernatorFeb 16, 2020 10:16 AM
Feb 16, 2020 10:12 AM

Oct 2017
I feel like Kiki Asukai might be John Walker or related to him. Sakaido and Anaido got along well so far and they found the mizuhaname. Let's see what's inside that well.
Swagernator said:
operationvalkyri said:

Look, we know Momoki and Sakaido were close friends ... and this is just a guess, Sakaidos wife could easily be Momokis sister ... and what brother would not like to kill the murderer of his own sister.

That's something I was thinking as well. He does seem to know Sakaido's family very well.
Feb 16, 2020 10:22 AM
Jul 2018
Swagernator said:
operationvalkyri said:

Look, we know that Momoki and Sakaido were close friends ... and this is just a guess, Sakaido's wife could easily be Momoki's sister ... and what brother would not like to kill the murderer who was responsible for his own sisters suicide.

@MegamiRem Momoki might know them well because he was Narihusago's partner in real life. Do we know where Matsuoka found the particles from? Momoki's home (where the inventor was buried) or the Challenger's home (where the challenger was killed)? Wondering if the location matters.
Feb 16, 2020 10:28 AM
Dec 2017
operationvalkyri said:
Swagernator said:

@MegamiRem Momoki might know them well because he was Narihusago's partner in real life. Do we know where Matsuoka found the particles from? Momoki's home (where the inventor was buried) or the Challenger's home (where the challenger was killed)? Wondering if the location matters.

I feel like it was fairly obvious that Matsuoka found the cognition particles in the bedroom of Momoki's home and not the chalenger's home, mainly because of the Japanese layout of the house (which lines up with the pictures of momoki's house shown in episode 7) and Matsuoka also stated that he found them in Momoki's house.
Feb 16, 2020 10:30 AM
Jul 2018
What an episode! Wow!

I wonder if John Walker is somehow connected to Asukai Kiki. Why use her as a bait?
Feb 16, 2020 10:32 AM
Jul 2018
THICCDADDY1234 said:
operationvalkyri said:

I feel like it was fairly obvious that Matsuoka found the cognition particles in the bedroom of Momoki's home and not the chalenger's home, mainly because of the Japanese layout of the house (which lines up with the pictures of momoki's house shown in episode 7) and Matsuoka also stated that he found them in Momoki's house.
Ah. In that case perhaps the sister theory doesn't hold after all.
Feb 16, 2020 10:48 AM
Aug 2017
I'm still thinking the bad guy is Matsuoka.
Feb 16, 2020 10:50 AM

Mar 2016
Even though it was as Sakaido, Narihisago actually got along with somebody.

Two people in one ID. That was so interesting. I wonder if the two detectives will end up breaking the ID's fourth wall.

The hole guy is intelligent in his own way, but I can't stop laughing at the way he died in Narihisago's ID. I wonder if his hole lets him keep his memories.

This just ended so soon. It's gonna be hard to wait another week.
Feb 16, 2020 11:03 AM
Mar 2015
Its a trap but that is what brilliant detectives fall into to solve their cases
Feb 16, 2020 11:14 AM

Aug 2018
Good Episode
I can't wait for the next episode
7/10
SaiDxvLightFeb 17, 2020 10:49 PM
Feb 16, 2020 11:15 AM
Feb 2020
XXXXXXXXXIII said:
The pacing of this show is spot on, any faster and it would be hella difficult to follow. You can really tell the studio took their time weeding out the unnecessary scenes and dialogues.

"Well" said! (☞゚∀゚)☞
Feb 16, 2020 11:48 AM
Jul 2017
A few episodes back I was hoping to see the dynamic of more than one detective entering a well and working as a team to solve the mystery together and this episode definitely delivered on that! It was so interesting to watch Sakaido and Anaido interact with each other inside the well and outside. I wonder if they’re relationship outside the well will be somewhat closer from what they remember inside the well.
Feb 16, 2020 12:02 PM

Jul 2017
fuck why they gotta end it like that reeeee, the wait is long lol

And as expected 2 detectives wouldn't work well together in the same setting. Luckily they managed to cooperate in the end xd

But man, so many questions are starting to pop up. Like who is Asukai Kiki? Who's well are they really in? Is that Well within a Well connected to Hondomachi's Well within a Well? Is it weird that I ship Momoki x Sarina? Is Matsuoka/Director really connected to John Walker? How does Momoki know the well is a trap?
Feb 16, 2020 12:50 PM
Dec 2014
It really feels like someone wants the Mizuhaname/well investigation program to stop/break down. First framing the unit's boss and now setting a trap for the people actually doing the investigations in the wells.

Matsuoka seems like an old school detective and he probably does not like this technique. And he might want to be the brilliant detective in the area. And as Fukuda (Anaido) said before going into the well with Narihisago (Sakaido), there can be only one right and brilliant detective at the end of the story. That is why he recommended Hondoumachi for the well investigation, to get her off his way.

If this trap works as expected, there will be no one left to enter the well and nothing would be able to stop him, probably. It is certainly a double-edged sword though.

My thinking might be too simple though with a twist or two missing since there still are 5 episodes to go. Let's wait & see!
Feb 16, 2020 1:15 PM

Jul 2016
Sweet ep, this probably will turn out to be one of my fav Anime of the season with Ishuzoku Reviewers and Somali.
Feb 16, 2020 1:23 PM

Jun 2017
It was a pretty amazing episode :D. I really wanted Sakaido and Anaido to team up and the madlads did it.
Feb 16, 2020 1:29 PM

Feb 2020
I do not want to believe that Momoki is John Walker, and I don't. Anyway, Sakaido and Anaidou's interactions were actually pretty fun in this episode.

Lastly, a trap? What does Momoki mean by that? I guess we will see!

I cannot wait until the next episode!
Feb 16, 2020 1:30 PM

Feb 2020
MomoSinX said:
It was a pretty amazing episode :D. I really wanted Sakaido and Anaido to team up and the madlads did it.

I have always wanted that too! ^^ Their team up has been enjoyable ngl.
Feb 16, 2020 1:32 PM

Feb 2020
Paladin23 said:

That is a good idea...

I am just convinced that Momoki was framed, so I will believe anything that makes him out as innocent lmao
Feb 16, 2020 1:52 PM

Aug 2018
An unexpected cooperation between these 2 serial killers. As again, it took a sort of Inception turn, with the well inside a well but it's even deeper since they are basically doing so to rescue Hondomachi who's basically lost in the well.

I became really curious to discover what Sakaido'll find in this new well !
Feb 16, 2020 2:00 PM
Feb 2018
THICCDADDY1234 said:
Paladin23 said:

I also thought it maybe the assistant chief I think she had a relationship with akihito before his wife and daughter killing. I still believe it the head chief at the funeral for the team blown up was he using a cane?
Feb 16, 2020 3:40 PM

Aug 2017
This episode feels 5 minutes. You know you like an anime when the episode literally breezes past.

I didn't expect Sakaido to make an unexpected funny scene lmao. Hondoumachi must be saved.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 16, 2020 4:56 PM

Jul 2015
Really sad that this anime isn't as popular as it deserves to be
Feb 16, 2020 6:44 PM

Nov 2019
I don't hate neither Sakaido and Anaido but an episode without Hondoumachi is boring

Sakaido doesn't impress me since the beginning, too many tries, Anaido hadn't done something impressive idk why he was chosen to be a brilliant detective to begin with, and he let Sakaido led this one too much further disappointing me
Feb 16, 2020 7:21 PM
Jan 2017
I'm really enjoying this series right now. Sakaido is forced into an easy alliance with Anaido and they work together to solve the mystery surrounded Momoki, and the episode does a pretty good job an establishing a bond between the two detectives. In real life, Narihisago and Fukuda would rather have nothing to do with each other, but within the realm of dreams, Sakaido and Anaido make an exceptional team. All in all, this was a fine episode and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Feb 16, 2020 9:32 PM
Apr 2018
Sakaido x Anaido, the pair up I did not know I needed.
Feb 16, 2020 10:12 PM

Feb 2019
Who would have even taught about pissing on a jacket and wrapping it on your head..

I hate how sleep on this series people are. Straight gas. Feels just like a nolan film. So Sakaido and Screwdriver guy are trapped in a well together solving a case, this is going to be really interesting to see how it plays out.

Former director realises they've been set up and is trying to tell others, hope he makes it in time. Things are really heating up and this last third is going to be amazing
Feb 16, 2020 11:09 PM

Jan 2009
2 detectives in a id well but only 1 Kaeru eh

i wonder what this trap is

hell, the more you struggle the more it sinks you and holds you down, nice philosophy and why they are on a desert that has lots of quicksand
Feb 16, 2020 11:28 PM
Apr 2018
If Fukuda can help extract Akihito from Asukai's well, then I guess we don't have that problem anymore.

I am intrigued by Momoki's reaction when they told him Akihito and Fukuda went into his well. Seems like he knows some stuff. Why didn't he alert them earlier when he monitored Hondomachi?

Also, even if Akihito finds Hondomachi in Asukai's well, there's no confirmation that he'll be able to extract her out back into Akihito's well?

Damn this is getting confusing. Hoping Akihito wouldn't end up in his own well and stuck there like Matsuoka said.
Feb 17, 2020 3:15 AM

Jul 2016
ysphyr said:
What an episode! Wow!

I wonder if John Walker is somehow connected to Asukai Kiki. Why use her as a bait?

This show is amazing.
Feb 17, 2020 6:33 AM

Oct 2009
Oooh man, quite the cliffhanger.

SceptileBlade said:
The director being John Walker gives off too much off a 'red herring' feel to me, so I'm not buying it, but I can't really finger anyone else either.

Yeah it's too obvious, there has to be a meaning behind the "red herring" feeling. The show makers must be wanting us to feel that way, and I don't understand why.

In this Ep, we see clearly the director suggesting both Sakaido and Anaido to enter "Momoshiki"'s well together, it's so obviously shaddy.

The thing I can't figure out either is why he suggested them to both enter the well, there is no logical reason behind this and it's pretty risky as they don't know how the machine exactly works. And if he only wanted Sakaidou out, he didn't need to involve Anaido.

Maybe he was certain that Anaido was much dumber and would naturally lead Sakaidou to the rest of the trap ? Or maybe Anaido is working with him indirectly ?
Feb 17, 2020 6:48 AM
Feb 2020
Orion_Gospel said:
Really sad that this anime isn't as popular as it deserves to be
(☞ ಠ_ಠ)☞exactly!
Feb 17, 2020 6:51 AM
Feb 2020
What evidence people have to think the director is John Walker? I guess none!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Id:Invaded Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2020

203 by Archean-Return »»
May 7, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Id:Invaded Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2020

101 by Archean-Return »»
May 7, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Id:Invaded Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2020

120 by Archean-Return »»
May 7, 3:13 PM

Poll: » Id:Invaded Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2020

136 by Archean-Return »»
May 7, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Id:Invaded Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2020

89 by Archean-Return »»
May 7, 2:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.