Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2019 2:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haha, I love how this show throws in light humor outside of the baseball field.

I like Miyuki's motto and attitude this episode as well. Others could learn from him.
Aug 20, 2019 3:48 AM
Sep 2015
I like this atmosphere, a lot! It makes me feel like I'm a part of Seido too, living, eating and sleeping with them.

And Kuramochi takes too long to take his shirt off but it's definitely worth it, his abs... I think that glasses first year pitcher is very lucky to live in the same room with him (and Sawamura)

The way every characters are given the importance is masterful, in other episodes will focus only one or two characters. This episode no Seido members are left behind.

Though the real star has to be Miyuki even with less time screen, but he prepare his team to go on in the day he's not here anymore (wow thanks this is just sports anime not war, he's just deathflagged himself)

I just hope we'll continue to see them in university, most sports anime stop at school level but some (like Free!) follow to university and some (like Major!) follow their entire life.
Aug 20, 2019 3:48 AM

Oct 2017
So some of the first years made it to second string including Koshu , gd for them they will be in practice matches from now on. Also I wonder how long till we will see some serious games again.
Aug 20, 2019 3:57 AM

Oct 2009
I can't be the only one wanting to flip tables every time I feel like I missed an episode or two, right after the OP. It's jarring every single time, and it's already happened so many times I really should be used to it. But I'm not and it's unlikely I'll ever be - especially when sometimes a few innings drag on for several episodes, and other times half (if not entire) matches are completely skipped, and may or may not get a few honorable mentions in a flashback.

I also can't be the only one feeling like I'm watching a slideshow, narrated, with a few GIFs thrown in here and there for good measure. I thought we were done with those, after the last few episodes, but apparently I was wrong. And it's doubly frustrating because now it happens with an episode that's - finally off the field! I live for these, they have the potential to bring different things to the surface, and they're great for character building as well... But turning it into another slideshow just sours it. At least the music was great, especially the piano in the last few minutes.
Aug 20, 2019 4:26 AM

Apr 2018
phantomfandom said:
(wow thanks this is just sports anime not war, he's just deathflagged himself)

Lmao, it does kinda feel like that. Don't die yet Miyuki! we need to win nationals first with Sawamura as the ace! =0
Aug 20, 2019 4:30 AM

Dec 2013
It didn't feel like much happened in this episode.

I'm looking forward to seeing Sawamura and Furuya having different catchers catch for them.
Aug 20, 2019 4:47 AM

May 2013
The thought of Miyuki retiring still gives me feels
Aug 20, 2019 4:54 AM

Feb 2013
Well done to the ones who promoted and the ones who didn't do it have to keep on working for the next chance.
Aug 20, 2019 6:46 AM

Oct 2017
Very interesting episode and I liked Miyukis attitude here, he really was a true senpai in this episode. They've got so small amount of time to do their best in summer... we are lucky that there are so many manga chapters already written, so we can be calm that next seasons will happen. I'm just curious how far we will go now and maybe if they will upgrade number of previously announced 52 episodes to 75? What you guys think about chances for this to happen?

I really like many new characters and it made me happy and calm because even without Kuramochi, Miyuki, Maezono and Kawakami we will get those youngsters in 1st string. Still I think that when the right moment will come I will cry once again like I did when Tetsu and Chris retired.

Also this is one of very few series that can give us detailed information about what many characters think, and this is why it's good to have episodes with action in dormitory, training grounds and school. It may look like a filler but in real it's like rocket fuel that pumps whole story and makes it ready to bring more action.
The Young Noble of the Field is currently watching - Diamond no Ace: Act II
Misugi-kun is also reading - Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Aug 20, 2019 7:02 AM
Sep 2015
junmisugi said:
I'm just curious how far we will go now and maybe if they will upgrade number of previously announced 52 episodes to 75? What you guys think about chances for this to happen?

I don't read the manga but if at 75th episode is also the end of Act II (Sawamura becomes a third year) then it has a chance. But if not they'd rather save manga material for the next season otherwise the gap between this season and next season would be too long and the next season would be too short.
Aug 20, 2019 11:47 AM
Apr 2019
My favorite part was the ending of the episode with Miyukis weird goodbye statement, I think that was very cool, and I think Sawamura/Furuya caught on with what he was saying... and Sawamuras internal thoughts saying "I want you" that hurts man.

I wonder how having two first string catchers and pitchers dynamic will change the pace of the show though. ( The 4 pitchers dynamic in Season 1 was amazing )

Seido is going to be looking unstoppable after the third years leaves ( rip )

Time to wait another week, sigh. Ill be playing dead till then.
Aug 20, 2019 1:52 PM

Dec 2016
This anime is one of a kind.
It also focuses on ultra-secondary characters
Aug 20, 2019 3:47 PM

Sep 2011
This episode was really good, but not as good as Kuramochi is looking because damn. I mean, it was somewhat cute and funny to see Sawamura and Furuya trying to read a single book together, of course it wouldn't work. xD And I liked Toujou's talk with Kuki too, I'm glad he didn't give up on being a pitcher. I think I'm glad for Takatsu too, but poor Kanemaru. Maybe he sounded "high and mighty" or something, but he just wanted to congratulate him. lol

It was nice to see Miyuki trying to pass his experience and knowledge on to his underclassmen as best as he could too, I guess it will become a habit until the end. But he is just preparing them for when he is gone, and it hurts. Well, they can't really play together forever like this, but still. It's hard to imagine Seidou without Miyuki. I'm sure they will be able to keep moving on though. Kaoru and Koushuu have potential as catchers and Sawamura is getting better and better, but part of it is because his pitching is a "artwork" he made together with Miyuki. Well, I guess they are out of time, but that it's still too soon to cry. They still have a last, fleeting summer to play together.
Aug 21, 2019 12:55 AM
May 2019
Noooo, I'M CRY! They're really trying to pull the feels out of the audience with all this talk of Miyuki's retirement!

I'm glad that he's acting like an actual captain now, since he knows he has no time left to really teach Sawa and Furyua everything he wants to teach them. Loved the way the scenes played out, letting everyone know the time for the 3rd years to step down is coming soon (T_T).

I really enjoyed the atmosphere of this entire episode, though. The determination and hunger to succeed is passing through all the players like wildfire, and I love feeling that excitement, too! Can't wait to see the upcoming practice games and to see how Sawamura and Furuya learn to form batteries with Yui and Okumura. The rest of the season should be really fun!

Aug 21, 2019 1:00 AM
May 2019
Fayrin said:
This episode was really good, but not as good as Kuramochi is looking because damn.

OMG I really laughed out loud reading this! hahaha I TOTALLY agree~

Fayrin said:
It was nice to see Miyuki trying to pass his experience and knowledge on to his underclassmen as best as he could too, I guess it will become a habit until the end. But he is just preparing them for when he is gone, and it hurts. Well, they can't really play together forever like this, but still. It's hard to imagine Seidou without Miyuki. I'm sure they will be able to keep moving on though. Kaoru and Koushuu have potential as catchers and Sawamura is getting better and better, but part of it is because his pitching is a "artwork" he made together with Miyuki. Well, I guess they are out of time, but that it's still too soon to cry. They still have a last, fleeting summer to play together.

I know, it's getting too close to the end of the Sawamura-Miyuki battery. The pitchers really started looking to Miyuki for all their guidance, and for him to be preparing to leave just sucks. Seido is an amazing school, so even though it'll be freaking weird to see them without Miyuki, at least they'll have Sawamura to hold them up, and some the other characters I really enjoy, like Haruichi ^^
Aug 21, 2019 10:28 AM

Dec 2014
Kuramochi is jacked. O.O

Watching Katoka teach in class with Sawamura and Furuya sweating because they didn't want to sleep made me laugh. XD

Loved the final scene of the episode, Miyuki being a true senpai. I'm gonna be so sad when he leaves. :(
Aug 21, 2019 10:28 AM

Jan 2017
My friend, who absolutely loves Kuramochi was insanely pleased with the episode LOL I'm really liking the development of the characters! It's, easier (?) to skim over while reading the manga but the anime really forces you to get to know the cast. I just wish there was so more screen time for older characters, like Haruichi who barely gets a single word in each episode. I guess that comes with the territory of Act II focusing more on the batteries lol

Also, thanks for the food madhouse:

Aug 21, 2019 1:34 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
phantomfandom said:
I like this atmosphere, a lot! It makes me feel like I'm a part of Seido too, living, eating and sleeping with them.

Same! It makes you love the team as a whole even more. This episode was quite refreshing.

I love Miyuki's lectures, haha. They're really all intent on learning deeper about game-calling. Poor Yui not having known about this until recently. Koushuu is definitely lucky that he lives in the same room as Miyuki.
Aug 22, 2019 11:11 AM

Jan 2018
This episode makes me go from smiling to sobbing ;_; I don't want to think about Miyuki retiring, but it looks like he already started to prepare for Sawamura and Furuya when he's not there.
Aug 24, 2019 10:45 AM

Feb 2012
more of a buildup and foreshadowing but the feels are strong.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Aug 27, 2019 12:24 PM

Jan 2012
yellowheartren said:

I also can't be the only one feeling like I'm watching a slideshow, narrated, with a few GIFs thrown in here and there for good measure. I thought we were done with those, after the last few episodes, but apparently I was wrong. And it's doubly frustrating because now it happens with an episode that's - finally off the field! I live for these, they have the potential to bring different things to the surface, and they're great for character building as well... But turning it into another slideshow just sours it. At least the music was great, especially the piano in the last few minutes.

Same here... the worst is that the art of this slideshow is not even always great...
Aug 28, 2019 6:22 AM
Oct 2007
Salvaju29ro said:

They might seems like ultra-secondary characters but imho they're not.
In another sense, they're actually the real main characters out of all the previous 2nd and 3rd years.
I'm a non-manga reader but I've a strong feeling (which is mentioned a lot of times already previously :P) and my guess this is the very core team that will win Koshien together with Sawamura when he reach 3rd year.
No way the team that win Koshien should be considered as ultra-secondary characters.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2019 6:49 AM

Dec 2016
luccide said:
Salvaju29ro said:

In another sense, they're actually the real main characters out of all the previous 2nd and 3rd years.
I'm a non-manga reader but I've a strong feeling (which is mentioned a lot of times already previously :P) and my guess this is the very core team that will win Koshien together with Sawamura when he reach 3rd year.
No way the team that win Koshien should be considered as ultra-secondary characters.
On the characters of the first year I agree, I refer more to the others who probably will never play a match
Aug 29, 2019 1:30 AM

May 2019
luccide said:
Salvaju29ro said:

Until new catchers appeared, I didn’t think about when the team plans to win Koshien.
When Okumura appeared, I immediately thought that they, along with Sawamura, would win Koshien.
P.S. it is a pity that they show Wakana so little, I would like this storyline to develop too.
Dec 22, 2019 10:12 PM

Sep 2018
Furuya and Eijun sharing a book!!!!! Sweet!! ❤
Sawamura's Modern Japanese teacher is Coach Kataoka!! Hahah that's so awkward!!

Miyuki's cram school lol
Woah!!! Kuramochi's abs *Q*

I'm sad now, Miyuki will leave Seidou soon! Wahhhhh T-----T
Apr 9, 2020 2:34 PM

Aug 2016
damn my homeboy kuramochi is ripped af
Jul 3, 2021 7:51 AM
Jan 2019
Damn, those avs, Kuramochi *w* najsu...

Also Miyuki stop making me feel depressed and sad... we know we will have to say goodbye to 3rd year guys... but pls... make it not hurt so much. You know I love you, guys T-T the team won't be the same again once you're gone.
Nov 4, 2021 1:49 AM

Jul 2015
Learned something new from Takatsu, apparently congratulating someone for their hard effort is the same as talking down on them. Third years retiring feels really close with how Miyuki passes on his knowledge and how he wants Eijun and Furuya to train with the first years.

Dec 28, 2021 9:03 AM

Jan 2019
Kuramochi has always been good looking but damn-

I feel like no known character should be eliminated from the first team, that team has already some no name extras that could be sacrificed.
May 9, 2022 8:05 PM

May 2021
yellowheartren said:
I can't be the only one wanting to flip tables every time I feel like I missed an episode or two, right after the OP. It's jarring every single time, and it's already happened so many times I really should be used to it. But I'm not and it's unlikely I'll ever be - especially when sometimes a few innings drag on for several episodes, and other times half (if not entire) matches are completely skipped, and may or may not get a few honorable mentions in a flashback.

I also can't be the only one feeling like I'm watching a slideshow, narrated, with a few GIFs thrown in here and there for good measure.

I don't know. At least I don't feel like that. I accept what they give and comfortably watch all these small little moments especially Miyuki's hinting their about to "parting" with the 2 pitchers.

𝑇𝐼𝑃𝑆 𝐼𝑁 𝐺𝐼𝑁𝑇𝐴𝑀𝐴
- NOT your usual shounen anime
- Pure comedy? DEAD WRONG
- Treat Gintama as SoL/weekly sitcom especially earlier seasons
- Ep 1 & 2 are for manga readers
- BIG patience for its 'slow' start

Jul 19, 2023 6:15 PM

Aug 2019
They were about to rip the freaking book apart lmao. Takatsu, calm down, he's simply trying to be kind to you. They’re having a class with coach Kataoka, I completely forgot he was teacher. Eijun and Furuya can’t fool around with him lmao.

Miyuki is already preparing them to practice with other catchers it seems. He’s leaving in three months so no wonder. This is sad.
Sep 8, 2023 4:44 PM
May 2020
Those two really don't get that Miyuki will retire soon.

More topics from this board

» Sequel announced!!!!

Dbagas8 - May 18

18 by AzureCielo »»
May 19, 4:34 PM

» is Diamond no Ace underrated?

LevyChase - Feb 11, 2022

23 by Zedlin »»
May 18, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 52 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2020

58 by Nova22 »»
Mar 9, 5:56 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2019

74 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 17, 2023 3:21 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Act II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2019

74 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 15, 2023 12:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.