Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2019 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, we got an episode focusing on Sonata after she's tasked to film the festival.

Episode turned out to be ok with everyone enjoying the show in the end.
Mar 16, 2019 8:40 AM

Apr 2010
Sonata's first experience with filming which was pretty funny to watch.
Tho she made a nice movie in the end, the festival came out pretty well.

And watching the girls sleeping was funny.
Mar 16, 2019 9:15 AM

Aug 2018
So uh, when will this anime become a mermaid idol show instead of a how to handle a cinema-show? We had exactly one episode were we had atleast one mermaid idol with a shitty attitute that left at the end of the episode. After all, this anime was being promoted as an mermaid idol show after all.

And no, I'm not crazy:

"Mermaid idols are making a splash in Colorful Pastrale ~from Bermuda△~"
https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2018/08/18-1/mermaid-idol-tv-anime-colorful-pastrale-from-bermuda-makes-a-splash-in-january-of-2019

"The anime is a spinoff of the Cardfight!! Vanguard franchise and follows the in-story Bermuda Triangle mermaid idols."
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-09-18/colorful-pastrale-~from-bermuda-~-anime-reveals-cast-key-visual/.136957

"The website describes the story: (...) 'These girls, who would not even imagine such a glittering future for themselves, are instead just raising a fuss over the snack cakes they are eating. This is the story of the cheerful daily life of mermaids who strive their hardest everyday.'"
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-11-17/bermuda-triangle-colorful-pastrale-tv-anime-unveils-more-cast-more-staff-story-song-info-debut-date-promo/.139636

Asking for a friend.
I just wanted to see mermaid idols performing on stage plus anxiety shenanigans.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Mar 16, 2019 9:26 AM

Mar 2009
Timz0r said:
So uh, when will this anime become a mermaid idol show instead of a how to handle a cinema-show? We had exactly one episode were we had atleast one mermaid idol with a shitty attitute that left at the end of the episode. After all, this anime was being promoted as an mermaid idol show after all.

And no, I'm not crazy:

"Mermaid idols are making a splash in Colorful Pastrale ~from Bermuda△~"
https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2018/08/18-1/mermaid-idol-tv-anime-colorful-pastrale-from-bermuda-makes-a-splash-in-january-of-2019

"The anime is a spinoff of the Cardfight!! Vanguard franchise and follows the in-story Bermuda Triangle mermaid idols."
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-09-18/colorful-pastrale-~from-bermuda-~-anime-reveals-cast-key-visual/.136957

"The website describes the story: (...) 'These girls, who would not even imagine such a glittering future for themselves, are instead just raising a fuss over the snack cakes they are eating. This is the story of the cheerful daily life of mermaids who strive their hardest everyday.'"
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-11-17/bermuda-triangle-colorful-pastrale-tv-anime-unveils-more-cast-more-staff-story-song-info-debut-date-promo/.139636

Asking for a friend.
I just wanted to see mermaid idols performing on stage plus anxiety shenanigans.

I'm with you. Plus, it's not even sure if it even wants to be about mermaids.... 8 seconds into this episode I see them SWIMMING through the RAIN (under the OCEAN) with UMBRELLAS!

Mar 16, 2019 2:25 PM

Aug 2018
windeen-windy said:

I'm with you. Plus, it's not even sure if it even wants to be about mermaids.... 8 seconds into this episode I see them SWIMMING through the RAIN (under the OCEAN) with UMBRELLAS!

Well, honesty in the very first episode you can spot familiair logic and physics you also can see in the American cartoon SpongeBob. That really don't bother me. I actully like those silly details they have putted in.

The episode that bothered me the most is when the girls went on land and grew legs (and lungs) because of magical dust. That episode really felt out of place. Literally.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Mar 16, 2019 3:39 PM

Mar 2009
Timz0r said:
windeen-windy said:

Well, honesty in the very first episode you can spot familiair logic and physics you also can see in the American cartoon SpongeBob. That really don't bother me. I actully like those silly details they have putted in.

The episode that bothered me the most is when the girls went on land and grew legs (and lungs) because of magical dust. That episode really felt out of place. Literally.

I don't watch spongebob and never have (or will) so.... *shrugs*
I want to know how they kept the dust dry.
The logic in this doesn't make sense.
I'm not likely to drop it, unless the senselessness gets worse...... I might reconsider that.

I have a question for anyone who might know:
This is supposed to be related to cardfight vanguard (I think)...... How is it related, exactly?
Are some mermaids characters living in that universe?
Or are they cards (like in Yu-Gi-Oh)? I put cardfight on hold (or, might have dropped it- can't remember) when it first started, years ago. If there are mermaids like them, as characters, I might reconsider trying it again.
Mar 16, 2019 8:05 PM

Apr 2009
Yeah, that "rain underwater with umbrellas" scene almost soured my whole viewing experience with this episode. Almost. I nearly gave myself a gigantic face palm with a burger in my hand, lol. Thank God it was quickly over.

At least the rest of the episode was quite okay. Seeing Sonata fiddling around with a funky camera with NO RECORD BUTTON was actually quite amusing. Best part? Caro's BUTT. Oh yeah~, lol.

As for the relation with the Vanguard CCG series, I heard that the main cast of 5 girls are going to be the new characters in the new & latest set of cards, or something. I donno, because I never played the Vanguard card game, nor watched any of the Vanguard anime... it's just what I heard. Still, the fact that only link between this show and the CCG is just the name and the whole idol mermaid thing, is kind of worrisome at this point, IMO, because whether someone knows about Vanguard or not, they would've like to see what all the hubbub is about between the two.

Is this show just one season? Most likely, it seems. However, at the pace they're going, I highly doubt they'll ever get to the whole "becoming idols" story line before it's over. By any chance, if this show actually goes on beyond just one season, then maybe there's a room for it... but I highly, highly doubt it. It's a shame, if you ask me, since the show does have its charm, but it feels like its shortcomings are just bringing the whole thing down.
To be or not to be... that is not the question. ;3
Mar 17, 2019 12:48 AM

Oct 2007
Haha, enjoyed watching this one. Their sleeping videos are now part of history, I got a good laugh at that. xD

I was worried the camera did not work at the festival. It turns out Sonata was just worried the video turned out a little weird.
Mar 18, 2019 12:05 AM

Oct 2008
I bet that video recording of Sonata would looked more visually stunning if she recorded it on 8K - 144fps! ultra advanced hyper legendary mythical settings!
4/5.

Mar 18, 2019 1:55 PM

Nov 2013
@windeen-windy

i'm sure you already checked google images or something but anyway...

the bermuda triangle are cards
they are just one of the "clans", you can imagine it as a water type for example
that being said, i don't think (not sure.) any of the characters from this anime appear on CFV ... so i have no idea why it's even mentioned lol
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Mar 18, 2019 6:02 PM

Mar 2009
winddevil1 said:
@windeen-windy

i'm sure you already checked google images or something but anyway...

the bermuda triangle are cards
they are just one of the "clans", you can imagine it as a water type for example
that being said, i don't think (not sure.) any of the characters from this anime appear on CFV ... so i have no idea why it's even mentioned lol

Yeah, I checked Google, but since I am virtually completely unfamiliar with CFV- most of it made no sense, and I did see cards with mermaids (in google images, and the CFV wikia), but for all I knew, those could have been cards from some card game (IRL) connected with it.
Or pics from the anime with mermaid cards (but that wouldn't mean that there weren't characters like that in the series, as well).
But, anyway: thank you. You answered my question. The fact that I kept seeing it mentioned in connection to this really had me confused.
Mar 18, 2019 9:58 PM

Mar 2009
venn2009 said:
Yeah, that "rain underwater with umbrellas" scene almost soured my whole viewing experience with this episode. Almost. I nearly gave myself a gigantic face palm with a burger in my hand, lol. Thank God it was quickly over.

I DID facepalm. Then I paused it so i could just take a few minutes to think about if I was going to drop it because of the stupidity I was seeing..... Then I watched the rest of it.
Jan 20, 2021 10:34 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well I think Sonata did a good job with the movie...xD
May 27, 2021 11:22 AM

Feb 2020
Sonata did a great job! Her film was beautiful. :)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bermuda Triangle: Colorful Pastrale Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2019

15 by Destroyer31 »»
Dec 9, 2023 9:34 AM

Poll: » Bermuda Triangle: Colorful Pastrale Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2019

10 by Serafos »»
May 27, 2021 12:01 PM

Poll: » Bermuda Triangle: Colorful Pastrale Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2019

6 by Serafos »»
May 27, 2021 10:44 AM

Poll: » Bermuda Triangle: Colorful Pastrale Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2019

8 by Serafos »»
May 27, 2021 10:14 AM

Poll: » Bermuda Triangle: Colorful Pastrale Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2019

5 by Serafos »»
May 27, 2021 9:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.