Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2019 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The highlight imo for this series' finale was that song with all the girls singing together.

Anyways, it's over now. Got somewhat feeling of a final epsiode but I didn't feel much for the show overall. Just really average.
Mar 30, 2019 7:58 AM

Jan 2014
I can't help think this show would have worked much better in a different setting, all the underwater stuff(world building?) just didn't feel right and was to much on the silly and not very believable side, thus bringing the show down from overall 'good' to mediocre at best.
Mar 30, 2019 8:27 AM

Apr 2010
Well it was nice to watch and it ended with a concert.
It seems the girls found there call with everything that happened.
It was a nice relaxing anime and i enjoyed watching this.
Mar 30, 2019 9:37 AM

Aug 2018
Let's be honest, this anime is not good. Perhaps the only amusing episodes were with the silverhaired tsundere mermaid idol with her shitty attitude and this episode as a finale. Music based anime without much music, unless we're at the final episode. Perhaps this was the story how that mermaid idol clan formed? Who knows at this point? I don't know anything about Cardfight!! Vanguard. If it does, I expected more shenanigans like in Love Live: School Idol Project or so as comparison. Wasted potential for forming a mermaid idol clan from a card game with little next to nothing of source material.

I can't say much about Studio Seven Arcs Pictures; because this anime is my first one from this studio. Anyway, the animation was not good at all! Animation made the mermaid girls look like they were high as a kite all the time. Animation would probably approved by Snoop Dogg.

In the long run I finally have gotten my mermaid idols that I wanted to see that were promised that made me watch this anime in the first place. Eventually. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Timz0rMar 30, 2019 9:43 AM
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Mar 30, 2019 10:16 AM

Mar 2016
Unexpectedly, I found myself looking forward to this little show every week. A lot of fun with these dumb mermaids, I thought there was a nice dynamic between the girls and the setting and atmosphere was well cultivated. I especially enjoyed the way the theater acted as a backdrop to keep everyone connected and working towards a shared goal. The character art wasn't the best, and the girls (other than Kanon) could have used more characterization, but it is what it is. Relaxing and light watch for a Saturday morning, unlike a lot of 'cute girl' shows this felt very much like a family show or one directed towards actual young girls.

Am thanking the ocean gods that this never really was an idol series. I laughed pretty hard when the anime ended right before they started singing as a unit.
syncrogazerMar 30, 2019 10:25 AM
Mar 30, 2019 3:07 PM

Apr 2009
Well, I guess they did manage to get to being an idol group. Eventually. Like the Seal Post. LOL.

On one hand, I did enjoy the daily shenanigans of the mermaid girls (I still think this show has its own charm despite all the shortcomings), but on the other hand, I also feel like it could have been much more. Oh well.

I'm gonna miss those five mermaid girls. Maybe.
To be or not to be... that is not the question. ;3
Mar 30, 2019 3:43 PM

Sep 2013
Most underrated show of the season 9/10
Everyone singing was nice, the girls are the life of the town and they become idols.
Mar 30, 2019 9:00 PM

Oct 2010
I was skeptical early on, but this ended up being one of my favorites among the 22 winter shows I followed (not counting >10 minute shorts). Honestly. I kept my HiDive subscription after CR got Sentai's other stuff I was watching, because I wanted to support it.

Timz0r said:
Music based anime without much music,

It was clear by episode 5 that the early promotional information was misleading, and this was not actually a music anime. I think it's for the best that it wasn't, but it's unfortunate that that gave people the wrong expectations.
Mar 31, 2019 12:50 AM

Dec 2018
This show is very underrated sadly, and i find it funny that people are bitching about logic in a cartoon show about mermaids,,,,

This is a great cute girls doing cute things show, or cute mermaids in this case =) .If you are in to CGDCT then this show have a lot for you. If you except more then you going to be disappointed

They are living in male free beautiful Utopia =) that's speaks to me, a perfect world and there for i give it 10 /10

Yuri-CrusaderApr 7, 2019 2:36 AM
Apr 2, 2019 8:35 AM

Oct 2007
So singing the song even without the cineorb is enough to wake up Canon. :)

After an unknown amount of timeskip, they did become idols... my disappointment is the show did not even let us see them sing as idols in Atlantia. Come on, why not!?? damn it

7/10 , would have been 9/10 if they showed singing in Atlantia
Apr 3, 2019 8:29 AM

Mar 2012
At the beginning I did not like this anime, but over time, I began to convince that it is not so bad and is even interesting with a hint of mystery. Of course, as a whole, there is no craze.

Score: 6/10
May 2, 2019 10:42 AM

Nov 2009
so yea, I am 1 month late to the discussion.

Anyways... still felt weird how they suddenly decide to become Idols from managing a theater... doesn't really make that much sense. (since they haven't mentioned Idols besides first and last episode, everything else was not Idol related)

But they tried to explain it by saying they "liked to sing"
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 13, 2021 1:42 PM

Apr 2012
Was a bit sceptic about the pastorale title at first, but the anime managed to capture the dynamic of a Japanese village quite well: the isolation, the subjection to nature and its rhythms, the richness of human interactions. It even ties to the singing sense of the word.

Also cute mermaids.
Jan 20, 2021 5:34 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
We didn't even hear the song at the end, I'm disappointed xD and well I was hyped because of the mermaids but this anime was a disappointment overall, the plot was meh, the characters were meh and the art was pretty bad too :/
May 27, 2021 12:39 PM

Feb 2020
Good finale. It was nice to hear the girls singing together. Sadly, we didn't hear the last song. :( Well, at least they went to Atlantia and became idols.

This is easily one of the most underrated and poorly scored CGDCT ever. This deserves much more attention in my opinion.

SerafosDec 12, 2023 11:32 PM
Dec 9, 2023 9:34 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
Not that bad i think, it's still watchable for me at least it's really just another SOL thing theirs no problem with it, just done hope something like kicking ass in this kind of genre, I think it's deserve more rating

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bermuda Triangle: Colorful Pastrale Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2019

10 by Serafos »»
May 27, 2021 12:01 PM

Poll: » Bermuda Triangle: Colorful Pastrale Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2019

13 by Serafos »»
May 27, 2021 11:22 AM

Poll: » Bermuda Triangle: Colorful Pastrale Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2019

6 by Serafos »»
May 27, 2021 10:44 AM

Poll: » Bermuda Triangle: Colorful Pastrale Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2019

8 by Serafos »»
May 27, 2021 10:14 AM

Poll: » Bermuda Triangle: Colorful Pastrale Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2019

5 by Serafos »»
May 27, 2021 9:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.