Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2018 1:31 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I still wonder how they plan to defeat the vampires.

Apparently, there are two types in this series - noble Royals and inferior ones known as Slaves. It seems the more dangerous type are the Royals considering they can slip into the human crowd without being detected easily. That's the case with the vampire lady that Yuliy finished off in the previous episodes.

Also, it's super obvious that the girl following Yuliy likes him.

Curious to see what Mikhail plan to discuss with Yuliy next time.
Aug 8, 2018 3:56 AM

Dec 2017
This is easily my favourite show this season.

Coming back to Mikhail showing up on the train, I hope that he wants to team up with Yuliy because he has been a spy amongst the vampires all this while. But that could pose all sorts of unnecessary friction in the plot in the later episodes and also a death flag for the older brother somewhere in there but I still don't want the two brothers to fight each other. The ending video is just too heartwarming for that.
Aug 8, 2018 5:02 AM

Jun 2014
Of course the girl that likes Yuliy just can't mind her own business. It's obvious she's only there to be the obligatory damsel in distress who will get in the way at a crucial moment and get herself or Yuliy badly hurt, or killed (well that probably won't happen to our MC). I'm guessing she'll jump out in the middle of a fight to try and stop things, or something of that nature. Not to mention, she forgot her sword on the other train so now she can't even defend herself.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 8, 2018 6:51 AM

Apr 2016
Hope we got to see more of Dorothea, now when they killed off Agatha in second episode like some cheap side character.
Aug 8, 2018 9:59 AM

May 2013
Now I'm completely convinced that this is just Bongou Stray Dogs rewrapped in a different genre.
Aug 8, 2018 11:46 AM
Apr 2017
Until now, this show has pretty damn good. Way too underrated btw
Aug 8, 2018 11:47 AM

Apr 2016
Kingish1000 said:
Until now, this show has pretty damn good. Way too underrated btw

You can thank Netflix for that.
Aug 8, 2018 2:03 PM
Nov 2016
This show has been pretty good so far

The art is better than most animes, the fight choreography is great and the previous episode established Yuily as a character that we can sympathize with.

The episode ended with Mikhail and Yuily meeting and kershner is on the same train, I smell a fight coming. Wonder if Mikhail and Yuily will Duke it out or not.
Aug 8, 2018 3:43 PM
Jul 2017
This really doesn't deserve a 7.5 rating so far. Looks really promising to me.
Aug 8, 2018 4:07 PM
Oct 2017
Yuliy has such a sad background story. Yuliy must feel guilty that Mikhail sacrificed himself for him and ended up becoming a vampire, a creature Yuliy can't stand the sight nor smell of. I hope Yuliy and Mikhail can be real brothers again soon.
Aug 8, 2018 8:02 PM

Mar 2012
Yeah this is the hidden gem of the season in my opinion. Man vs. vampire is a common setting, but Tenrou has done well to bring in a few other dimensions like kinship and nationalism and keep it interesting. This episode also showcased potential internal rifts within the vampires so we have a lot of moving parts to play with. For better or for worse we're still in the setup stage so we'll see how these different factions interact down the road, but at least so far they've managed to keep everything clear enough that nothing's getting lost. Looking forward to the next episode when sides inevitably clash on the train.
Aug 9, 2018 8:51 AM

Dec 2016
I really ship Yuliy with that girl
modge
Aug 9, 2018 11:33 AM

Jan 2016
The brother looks so weird, I wonder did they make him a vampire or was he already one?
Aug 9, 2018 5:11 PM

Aug 2017
I hate that girl that likes Yuliy. She feels like a filler character.

Amazing animation. That cliffhanger in the end lol.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 10, 2018 11:33 AM

May 2009
"Also, it's super obvious that the girl following Yuliy likes him"

And super obvious she's annoying, boring and a stalker! Get rid of her, Yuliy! Drive a stake through that annoying stalker heart of hers.
Aug 10, 2018 5:37 PM

Mar 2015
At this point i'm just hoping they will kill the girl, why is she even here for god sake.
Aug 12, 2018 7:40 AM

Dec 2016
It's nice seeing the different threads of the story already coming together so fast, and man do I love this show!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Oct 24, 2018 1:05 PM
Aug 2018
I'm very interested in where the story will go.
Nov 29, 2018 11:49 AM

May 2012
Quite the interesting development, really like the progression and pacing! Looking forwards to see what's next!
Dec 4, 2018 7:56 PM
Nov 2014
Why is the fish moving at the dinner!? Its raw not alive
Jan 2, 2019 2:10 AM
Jun 2013
watching the dub and they seem to drop fallons accent completely. Dam those people sure are assholes killing all them regular people. That girl sure is thristy for yuliy that she was able to catch that train. So we got vampires, frankenstiens monster and what is hinting to be werewolf like clan that was stamped out. Curious if we will see any other classic horror type monsters.
May 11, 2019 2:07 AM

May 2013
The girl that has a crush on Yuliy is getting annoying -____-" Too persistent and doesn't know anything about him. I feel like she's just gonna get in the way and requiring protection smh. Go home already.
Nov 6, 2019 5:42 AM

Jan 2015
Not gonna deny, i really liked Hyakko party's character designs and their absolutely insane, bold in the middle of the day infiltration. That was the highlight of the episode and Michael is there, i wonder what he wants to say to his brother.
Ryouko seems determined to chase after Yuliy as she finds him interesting. The scene in the dining was really funny, so she eats THRICE as much? haha
Apr 20, 2020 2:53 AM

Dec 2013
Seriously Ojou-sama??? You think you're in a field trip or something? I thought I am the only who's getting pissed off with that girl but based on the posts above, some people have the same thoughts too. I have a feeling that she will really be the reason why Yuliy and his colleagues will be endangered. And she even forgot her sword. She will definitely not be able to protect herself or even help Yuliy.

I'm so shocked to see Mikhail I wonder what will happen

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jun 4, 2020 11:08 PM

Jan 2009
that girl is really in love with Yully lol

and wow the plot thickens huh so the vampires are mass producing artificial vampire soldiers to be sold to the military?

also Yully met his brother again
Dec 29, 2020 12:23 PM
Sep 2016
4th episode was fine.

finally got some information on the vampires. So nobles and slaves types of vampires. I see, so the basic stuff. Ok ok.
Nobles do not fear sunlight? Hmm noo, I don't like that. This way they are no different from other monsters like ghouls, chimeras or whatever else from all folklores... The thing that distinguishes vampires is their fear of sunlight.
Those that do not follow that rule end up like Twilight and we all know how we feel about those glitter bugs.

Interested in what they will do with the Frankenstein monster that was hinted in the OP and since episode 2.
Last time we had vampires, werewolves and frankensteins in one place was the Hugh Jackman movie Van Helsing.
Mar 3, 1:21 PM
Apr 2022
Just found out about it yesterday.
The girl start to feel kind of annoying? I am not usually thinking that when watch anime. But just because she likes Yuliy, she start do stupid stuff. I hope the next episode will make me think of her better.

And I hooked when watch the trailer. How well the battle and I wonder other characters back story.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sirius Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2018

108 by Lxjagd »»
May 24, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Tenrou: Sirius the Jaeger Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2018

38 by Adnash »»
Oct 10, 2023 10:20 PM

Poll: » Tenrou: Sirius the Jaeger Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2018

46 by Adnash »»
Oct 9, 2023 5:06 PM

Poll: » Tenrou: Sirius the Jaeger Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2018

41 by Adnash »»
Oct 8, 2023 10:06 PM

Poll: » Tenrou: Sirius the Jaeger Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2018

50 by Adnash »»
Oct 8, 2023 3:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.