Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (31) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 14, 2018 7:47 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, I'm glad to see Hiro doing better now.
Not surprised that Ichigo is pissed at Zero Two. The two never seems to get along...

Seems this epsiode decided to give more screen time between Ichigo and Hiro. It's a time for them to catch up after all the recent events. I got pretty mixed feelings about the drama but eh, I guess it's necessary to build relationships between the characters. Shouldn't of went this route though.

Zero Two is acting more and more like her former self again :o
Stark700Apr 14, 2018 9:38 AM
Apr 14, 2018 7:59 AM

Apr 2015
Yes lets throw that 02 and Hiro build up into the trash and have Ichigo stop Hiro from getting 02 back into the squad and on top of that, Ichigo kisses Hiro in front of Goro.

What is this? A harem? Nisekoi?

The forced drama in this episode is terrible. Piss off, hope they resolve this within the next episode.
Apr 14, 2018 8:09 AM

Oct 2015
Mohammadalmannai said:

The forced drama in this episode is terrible. Piss off, hope they resolve this within the next episode.

Exactly . This is made the whole point of episode 13 is literally nothing for me . Why Hiro is still act quite . And even Ichigo act is made me feel piss even more .
Feel bad for my 02 and the bes bro Goro . :(

Another shitstorm on this thread incoming.
lazy_ModifierApr 14, 2018 8:19 AM
Apr 14, 2018 8:13 AM

Jul 2017
wew what a episode. I saw that entire "misunderstanding" coming from a mile away. I'm sure majority of the fanbase is going to despise Ichigo after this ep.
Apr 14, 2018 8:16 AM

Apr 2015
GreenEmu said:
wew what a episode. I saw that entire "misunderstanding" coming from a mile away. I'm sure majority of the fanbase is going to despise Ichigo after this ep.

I am actually more pissed at Hiro for just standing there and doesn't push her away like lol ok I need to recruit a new harem member so why not help me Ichigo?
Apr 14, 2018 8:17 AM
Mar 2013
The Human-Monster theme has been dragging on for too long now. Ichigo and co think Zero-Two is turning Hiro into a monster whilst Hiro still think he is human (by implying Zero-Two is a monster). Then the writers deny Hiro and Zero-Two of conversation and throw Zero Two away. Fair enough, returning her to the 9's allows new characters to be introduced but what about Hiro? Back to Ep2 with Ichigo's insistence of riding together. Then there is also the issue with Goro's getting NTR'ed again and Mitsuru waving off past promises. The developers of this show just don't leave enough room for existing characters and fulfil that storybook ending way too early. They let us know that Hiro needs to become a monster for him to succeed but doesn't get on with it, buying for more time. That closing hug scene was a wasted chance for him to transform, though I liked the Ichigo looking down/ Hiro looking up contrast. I agree with previous posts, it's more drama for the sake of drama.
Apr 14, 2018 8:24 AM

Oct 2015
Mohammadalmannai said:
GreenEmu said:

I am actually more pissed at Hiro for just standing there and doesn't push her away like lol ok I need to recruit a new harem member so why not help me Ichigo?

Yeahh, hiro act so bad in this episode . Why the hell he's leaving that room ? Literally a forced drama imo .
Apr 14, 2018 8:25 AM
Jul 2018
Prog_upworks13 said:
Mohammadalmannai said:

Exactly . This is made the whole point of episode 13 is literally nothing for me . Why Hiro is still act quite . And even Ichigo act is made me feel piss even more .

This will only turn into a shit-storm again for the series and this will is kind of why I stopped talking about it.

Granted from the looks of this entire situation it wouldn't be that bad I guess. Who knows.
Apr 14, 2018 8:35 AM

Oct 2015
Wasshio said:
Prog_upworks13 said:

This will only turn into a shit-storm again for the series and this will is kind of why I stopped talking about it.

Granted from the looks of this entire situation it wouldn't be that bad I guess. Who knows.

who knows. We have a lot 02-hiro shippers after episode 13.
Apr 14, 2018 8:36 AM

Jan 2014
Prog_upworks13 said:
Wasshio said:

The more important thing is that Ichigo threw Goro's feeling into the trash can and close the lid. Poor guy...
Apr 14, 2018 8:54 AM

Oct 2015
Just_Chicken said:
Prog_upworks13 said:

The more important thing is that Ichigo threw Goro's feeling into the trash can and close the lid. Poor guy...

And you know what , he already confess his feeling for Ichigo !!!

Ahh, really feeling bad for my bro Goro.
Apr 14, 2018 8:55 AM
Aug 2014
Like seriously whats wrong with you Ichigo?!!. Hiro doesnt like you. Why you are being so persistent? You have goro, just stick with him!!
This episode made me felt so angry with ichigo. Hiro want to chase her, let hiro chase. You are not only preventing him from chasing and you are forcefully kissing hiro. Lol like episode 13 being so good and tieing up the love story between hiro and zero two and now its shatterred in 1 episode? No!!! Dissapointed and unsatisfied.
I wanted hiro and zero two to reunite and plot against papa and Dr Fran!! and not these force drama!. Can noriko takao back to redirect the story? My score for this episode 1/10.
Apr 14, 2018 8:55 AM
May 2017
I think that Nine Alpha is just manipulating Ichigo into doing what she had to do. All i can see is Hiro being depressed as well as Zero Two.

I think that the nines are bastards.
Apr 14, 2018 8:59 AM

Dec 2009
Gobro doesn’t deserve that.
Apr 14, 2018 9:00 AM

Apr 2015
Zethus_Thorne96 said:
I think that Nine Alpha is just manipulating Ichigo into doing what she had to do. All i can see is Hiro being depressed as well as Zero Two.

You basically described the series as a whole lol
Apr 14, 2018 9:02 AM

Dec 2017
WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ?! ICHIGO acts like a fucking bitch ;(( The lovely dovely future for 02 and Hiro after episode 13 was destroyed :)) Even now i can tell that there will be more drama ending with 02 or Hiro death...I am disappointed of episode 14 .. GIVE BACK ZERO TWO !
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2018 9:05 AM
Sep 2017
Can someone tell summary of the episode and what happend at last?
Apr 14, 2018 9:07 AM
Aug 2014
This series spend so much time building up ichigo character for us to like her and yet this episode... boom. I have never hated ichigo as much as i do when im in episode 1. Can Ichigo please die next episode? Get killed by klaxosaur or papa. Someone just kill her and i dont even care much towards her.
Apr 14, 2018 9:07 AM

Dec 2017
NAZMUS_SHADAT said:

Bye Zero Two, hello Ichigo
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2018 9:08 AM

Jul 2017
This is what I meant when I said that this series has many ups and downs, the previous chapter was very good but this ... is a crap out of a romantic drama of the season.
Lol what a weird series.
~~
Apr 14, 2018 9:14 AM

Jul 2014
Eh, despite a lot of you disliking the ep I actually liked it.
From their PoV it all made sense.
Ichigo was protecting the one she loves the most from a bitch who literally consumes people's life force or whatever the fck she takes, that was not manipulation, its a fact that she does that, just because she had shit to deal with doesnt give her a free pass to the inhumane things she did for selfish reasons, well granted she isn't really human but you get the point, and what Hiro said was the harsh truth, she's a monster, and I don't mean that in a biological way.
I feel bad for Goro tho.. boi was at the wrong place at the wrong time.
That being said, the only characters that I actually like here anyways are Goro and kid Hiro, Miku's kinda ok too.
I don't really care who Hiro ends up with, both Ichigo and Zero Two are fine for him, tho I do kinda want Hiro to become a monster, current Hiro is boring.
Apr 14, 2018 9:16 AM
Oct 2017
why this show look like poopy and smell like doody
Apr 14, 2018 9:16 AM

Jul 2017
02 gangbang incoming.
Apr 14, 2018 9:24 AM
Jan 2018
ezzatam said:
The Human-Monster theme has been dragging on for too long now. Ichigo and co think Zero-Two is turning Hiro into a monster whilst Hiro still think he is human (by implying Zero-Two is a monster). Then the writers deny Hiro and Zero-Two of conversation and throw Zero Two away. Fair enough, returning her to the 9's allows new characters to be introduced but what about Hiro? Back to Ep2 with Ichigo's insistence of riding together. Then there is also the issue with Goro's getting NTR'ed again and Mitsuru waving off past promises. The developers of this show just don't leave enough room for existing characters and fulfil that storybook ending way too early. They let us know that Hiro needs to become a monster for him to succeed but doesn't get on with it, buying for more time. That closing hug scene was a wasted chance for him to transform, though I liked the Ichigo looking down/ Hiro looking up contrast. I agree with previous posts, it's more drama for the sake of drama.

hiro is distant from 02, because he is just confused, he said so to ichigo (of the monster) because he does not want to say anything of what he remembers, senò would cancel the memory to him and 02, he just wants to protect her.
perccado that 02 suffers.
Poor 02
Apr 14, 2018 9:25 AM

Feb 2014
Great storyboard, as expected from Tatsuyuki Nagai. He experimented a lot with frame ratio, and surely having fun with letterboxing.

This episode is produced by Trigger. And they have always been handling even numbered episodes since episode 4 (meanwhile the odd numbered episodes always been handled by CloverWorks).

Same sakkan (animation directors) as episode 4 as well, staff rotation? Can't say the quality is overly bad like episode 4. But I think they have had a hard time to maintain the quality of the drawings and keep up with Nagai's storyboard.

The script is penned by Hiroshi Seko, same guy who handled episode 11. I kinda expected some drama. This is not necessarily his fault if you hate this episode.

In this past fourteen weeks our emotion and patience have been stirred. I've seen a drastic change from fans' rating in these past three weeks too, so thinking about the long run, I'd say this is good episode. Stirring our emotion like this.

Also, great performance by Haruka Tomatsu and Ichinose Kana here. Especially from Tomatsu, as expected from a pro. And for Ichinose, she's been doing great job for her first major role in anime. Can't wait to see her to get more roles!

I'll rate this episode 5/5 because this makes me want to watch the next episode immediately.
kyuudereApr 14, 2018 9:30 AM
Apr 14, 2018 9:26 AM

Nov 2017
back to square one I guess

Apr 14, 2018 9:27 AM

Jan 2018
Man that made me absolutely miserable after last week..

I just wanted them to be happy ;-;
Dimmock is a lot like Veal, an acquired taste.
Apr 14, 2018 9:27 AM

Oct 2014
My god, the Ichigo Hatedumb is real.

I'm just laughing at all of you.
Apr 14, 2018 9:28 AM

Apr 2017
I really like this series, but the forced drama just ruined this episode for me.
2/5
Apr 14, 2018 9:29 AM
May 2015
never hated an anime character as much as i hate ichigo
Apr 14, 2018 9:30 AM

Apr 2015
AsuraDestructor said:

It was basically just forced drama, the whole situation can be avoided easily :/
I am pissed by the fact that they threw the past 2 episodes build up in 2 minutes which is funny
Apr 14, 2018 9:30 AM
Jun 2016
I hope all Squad 13 except Hiro die as soon as possible. Man, that f.cking Ichigo I hope you die in a shithole. Sorry for the rage guys but I really hate this bitch
Apr 14, 2018 9:32 AM

May 2013
GreenEmu said:
02 gangbang incoming.

hahahahahahaha.........
Apr 14, 2018 9:33 AM

Dec 2014
Well, I can't say that I'm pleased or that I even liked what's going on here.

After last week's fantastic episode this just plummeted all the way to the bottom, you'd think after the events of last week's, things would take a turn for the better but instead it just spiraled into something worse.

They kinda defeated everything they built up in the previous episode and resorted to unwanted, forced and pretentious drama.
The Human-Monster thing is being dragged out far too much, the love drama escalated to the point of annoyance. This was honestly, the weakest episode of the series for me.

You know what's weird, the character drama is both the strongest and weakest point of the series. One moment it's good and the next moment it's just annoying.
I hope all the crappy drama gets resolved soon.

That said, Goro is the only one who is truly suffering. He's the real bro. :(
Apr 14, 2018 9:35 AM

Mar 2015
Ichigo is completely blinded by love. What, exactly, is Hiro supposed to do with the rest of his life? He can't pilot with you Ichigo, and you already know that. Is he just supposed to sit in his room forever? Hiro can only pilot with 02, and 02 only wants to be with Hiro. Everybody get out of their way and let them find some happiness.
The sword that takes life gives life
Apr 14, 2018 9:36 AM

Jul 2017
Honestly I didn't find this episode as bad as everyone makes it out to be. The whole time I was just thinking why Zero2 didn't beat the crap out of everyone earlier (perhaps she was trying to hold it in so she wouldn't be called a monster). I'm pretty sure hiro and ichigo are gonna start acting like a 'couple' now although the feelings are still gonna be 1 sided I assume

I give it min ep.17 max ep.20 before hiro and zero2 reunite with each other. At the very least, they end off the series with the 2 getting together

NAZMUS_SHADAT said:

Hiro gets hospitalized.
Entire squad is like "ha ha zero 2 you ain't seeing him loser."
It's announced Zero 2 is switching squads back to the 9's squad.
Zero 2 just wants to talk to hiro.
feelsbadman.
Ichigo visits hiro and cuts some apples, leaves the knife in his room.
Hiro does some splinter cell shit and escapes by creating a rope using curtains.
He goes to zero 2's room to try and talk.
At the same time squad finally lets Zero 2 visit hiro but they find out he escaped.
Zero2 goes full yandere mode and beats up everyone.
Hiro comes back.
Calls zero 2 a monster.
Rkt.jpg.
Hiro sees Zero 2 leaving the next day.
Tries to go after her.
Ichigo after getting cucked by hiro cucks Goro by kissing hiro.
Confesses love
Short_CircutApr 14, 2018 9:46 AM
Apr 14, 2018 9:36 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Man Ichigo's reaction was so dramatic. Looks like the relationship between Zero and the squad have broken once more. Though im glad that Hiro once again survived. Their next mission is going to be a large one it seems. But to think that the squad will go so far to protect Hiro by ejecting Zero from the squad though. The talk between Ichigo and Hiro though was cute. An interesting episode. Just when they finally had the chance to have a proper talk after Hiro regained his past memories did things escalate due to a series of unfortunate events. Ichigo's determination really is pretty strong though. At least Ichigo was finally able to confess to Hiro though.
Apr 14, 2018 9:37 AM
Mar 2018
Ichigo? More like, IchiHo
Apr 14, 2018 9:38 AM
Apr 2018
The show has to be dropped after this, I cant be the only one right? You cant reach such bitch level, she clearly took advantage of hiro being weak and in retrospect its almost as if she planned the whole thing and wanting hiro to lash out on zero two, No i dont deserve this.. Then its gonna be a long time before they get back together........... I DONT F@CKING DESERVE THIS -.- -.-
Apr 14, 2018 9:39 AM

Nov 2016
After last weeks episode this was incredibly frustrating to watch. Never thought that I would say that,but just let them be happy together :(

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 14, 2018 9:40 AM

Mar 2016
Well, there it goes all the hype after lasts week episode...
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 14, 2018 9:41 AM

Jul 2017
everything that happened in this ep fucking pissed me off. Fuck ichigo fuck hiro ug. After everything that happened with Zero Two and Hiro in the past two eps and then they do this shit. WTF man.
Apr 14, 2018 9:41 AM
Apr 2018
GrnOof said:
Ichigo? More like, IchiHo
Thas a good one, I'll give u that!
Apr 14, 2018 9:42 AM
Jul 2016
I don't understand how they can do shit like this after the great episode of last week ._. It's like they know they can do great but in the end they just say "ok let's fuck all the build up we prepared \o/ !"

Really disappointing ._.
Apr 14, 2018 9:43 AM
Jan 2018
AsuraDestructor said:

Why? She has become a horrible person. Everything she does is selfish at this point. She will throw away anyone if it gets her closer to Hiro.
Apr 14, 2018 9:44 AM
May 2016
I seriously need a least favorite character option on MAL now D:
Apr 14, 2018 9:45 AM
Mar 2018
why hiro didn't explained his backstory with zero two why didn't zerotwo visited him before why hiro didn'T run after her and kissed that bitch ichigo. The whole episode was a disaster because of ichigo. that bitch must die she deserves to die
Apr 14, 2018 9:45 AM
Jan 2018
Top_Sergeant said:
Ichigo is completely blinded by love. What, exactly, is Hiro supposed to do with the rest of his life? He can't pilot with you Ichigo, and you already know that. Is he just supposed to sit in his room forever? Hiro can only pilot with 02, and 02 only wants to be with Hiro. Everybody get out of their way and let them find some happiness.

Ichigo basically took away Hiro's reason for living, as you said Hiro can only pilot with 02. If Hiro can't pilot, then there is no reason, in his eyes, to live. This bitch is the definition of selfish.
Apr 14, 2018 9:46 AM
Feb 2018
I really don't get why people were expecting a happy episode or for 02 and Hiro to be able to get together and have a harmonious relationship immediately. The drama is necessary, there is/was unresolved conflict.

While having 02 and Hiro each go to see each other leading to the fight between 02 and the rest of Squad 13 was a bit contrived, it was pretty clear that 02 was gonna have some sort of confrontation with the rest of the squad because of her behavior.

Yeah the story/relationships aren't where everyone wants them to be, but have some patience. It's not like they're going to be separated forever.
Apr 14, 2018 9:47 AM

Dec 2015
Nothing ever goes well now, does it? Her horns are so much bigger now...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Pages (31) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

363 by 143eitasasaki »»
Sep 21, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

343 by NB_Links »»
Sep 1, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

70 by Cheer_Leader »»
Aug 22, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

50 by jumbosan »»
Jul 30, 12:36 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2018

260 by jumbosan »»
Jul 29, 4:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.