Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2017 10:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So it's around Christmas season around this time.

Glad to see the episode taking place outside of the usual school environment. Mihashi didn't seem to be in the holiday spirit though. Honda looked good this episode, like a real gentleman. I'm not surprised that he took the initative to follow his instincts and returning to see Mihashi.

Sep 7, 2017 10:30 AM

Nov 2007
Christmas time.

The main pair is worrying about the pair in trouble and wanting to help them by holding Christmas party. SuzuKen's character knows what they are up to, but he has a dinner with his family. Oh, his father is step-father...

Class rep. girl was able to come, but has limit. Her message encouraged SuzuKen's character to face both his problems. They talked and made up.

Finally about main pair next?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 7, 2017 12:02 PM

Apr 2010
Xmas or better said Noel being useful for ones.
It helped out to two couples greatly this episode and Honda and the class rep managed to make up.
Hopefully they stay together this time.
Sep 7, 2017 12:53 PM

Aug 2013
Good to know that Mihashi and Honda are together again and hope it stays that way. It was a relief that Mihashi didn't board the bus. I have to say, Honda looked good.

Mashiki didn't forget her first meeting with Mishima.

Sep 7, 2017 12:56 PM

Jun 2015
Mashiki and Mishima are doing their best to bring Honda and Mihashi back together again with a Christmas party. He looked good in his suit. It's great to see them with each other again.
Sep 7, 2017 12:58 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Glad that it worked out between Honda and Mami, love that she stood up for the cause and told her parents what's most important to her, that was the best scene for me.
Sep 7, 2017 1:12 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I was expecting Honda to kiss her but nonetheless, this was still really great, and I'm happy that Mashiki and Mishima seem to be doing well too :)
Sep 7, 2017 2:11 PM
Jan 2017
Am I the only one who saw that the face's reactions this ep was little late or the art of the face wasn't good xD
Sep 7, 2017 2:35 PM

Dec 2008
Mashima and Mashiki have taken such a back seat since the storybook talk, i've forgotten who the protag really is.

Hope these last 3 eps really focus on them. SHE'S HIDING THINGS!
Sep 7, 2017 8:56 PM

May 2015
Otaku4ever10 said:
Am I the only one who saw that the face's reactions this ep was little late or the art of the face wasn't good xD

Yeah, those face expressions were too generic and they looked like copypaste from one character to another.

I don't know why I'm still watching but this show is so frustrating with how nothing really happens. The progress is too slow, add to it that 1 episode = 1 month... it seems even more slow that way. They could have compensated this with outstanding art but it's nowhere near close, for the most part we are forced to watch static animation with average quality overall. Urgh.
Sep 8, 2017 1:49 AM
Sep 2015
This episode actually confirm that the main pair of this series is actually Honda and class rep, no matter what dramatic traumatic event happen in next episodes.
Sep 8, 2017 2:31 AM

Mar 2013
Heh. We can finally move on from this couple.
Good for them tho.
Sep 8, 2017 8:26 AM
Nov 2016
So things were pretty awkward between Honda and the Class Rep at the beginning but eventually it was all solved.

The main couple is getting surprisingly less screen time imo
Sep 8, 2017 9:38 AM

Aug 2016
Good to see Honda x Mihashi Progress!

Did the staff give up allocating screen time to all couples shown in OP and ED?

Masamune has not appeared in the same scene with Aki
Swimmer and Librarian had no conversation (Natsu x Kokono)
The pair in cuisine club remains as cuisine club partners (Sanagi x Nozomi)
President's confession remains unresolved

I hope the strong CV cast of this show does not go wasted... or was that intentional?
一期一会
Sep 8, 2017 10:02 AM

Oct 2012
I sorta like the silly drama even though it has to be one of the most white-bread animes I've ever seen. And that party was kinda lame.
Sep 8, 2017 2:13 PM
Mar 2016
Wlep, all's well and ends well with Mihashi and Honda, and next it's Mashima and Mashiki again,
Sep 8, 2017 3:08 PM

May 2015
Remember the time when they said this anime was about different couples? I'm starting to think that I dreamt it...

They are not even trying anymore... and the art style? omg... what's up with those expressions? D:

Also, when I hear Mishiki say "It wasn't the first time we talked" I was like FINALLY! But then.... NOTHING HAPPENED. OMG, I wanted to punch Mishima, that guy is sooo slow! After she said that, he just stood there, and then he left, wtf... ughh I hate how slow this show is.

Even thou this anime is horrible I still love Honda x Mihashi.

They could learn a thing or two from Tsurezure Children. That's how you do a romantic anime with multiple couples.
Sep 8, 2017 5:22 PM
Jul 2017
OBJECTION! Blondie should be bowing and scraping and crying for treating Class Rep so bad. She's doing her best to get ahead in life, to get good grades so she can have a boyfriend, and he cold disses her in class. He could have been sending her little notes of encouragement in her studies or something, but instead he's just dragging her down with his drama. And trying to get away with it with a smile. Making everyone waste their time hoping he shows up... He says he's going to stop running, and then runs off.

Class rep's family is right: he's a loser. But they should let her hang out with her friends more, and let her bring friends over, so when they meet him they could say: yep, he's a loser.

He better shape up fast.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Sep 9, 2017 10:58 AM

Mar 2017
this anime would be a lot better if the art quality was improved
Sep 9, 2017 11:28 AM

Jul 2009
Good thing they are back together...and seems that Mishiki and Mishima are going to get some progess soon...a bit late, we are on episode 9 already...
Sep 9, 2017 5:54 PM

Nov 2013
so many adorable moments in this episode =D
i think this episode guaranteed i'm gonna give it a 7 in the end (started with 5)

compilation of smiles from this episode - http://i.imgur.com/OtV4gEV.jpg
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Sep 9, 2017 11:06 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
And its December already then.
The christmas issue that Miharu is reading looks
interesting. Its really sad that Mami and Towa are
like that now though. Its nice that Miharu is trying
to think of a way to help Mami and Towa though. The
fact that Towa's parents are hardly there means that
he has no one to talk to with his problems either.
Hmm so Miharu thought of a christmas party to help
cheer Mami and Towa up then. The pressure on both Mami and Towa though is pretty
immense especially Mami with her parents. Haruki sure
looks nervous when he visited Miharu's house.
Its nice that Mami made it but with her curfew Towa won't
have much time. Miharu sure worked hard for this party
though. So Towa had to attend a dinner with his family then.

It does seem that Towa is pretty hard on his feelings
regarding his stepdad though. Its nice that in the end
that Towa decided to not run away anymore though. Hmm
its nice that Towa is not the only one thats made peace
though but Mami defying her family was surprising. Its
nice that in the end that both were able to make peace
with each other and in the process discover that they
ended up changing each other and thus their reason
for being in love. The moment when the two finally
held hands was cute though. Funny how Miharu's present
was a scarf but im glad that in the end everyone was
happy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2017 11:51 PM

Feb 2016
Honda-kun at 12:41
"I'm scared, but I cant keep running... I wont run anymore!"
*starts running for over three minutes*

Yeah, I know that "nigete" means to escape, flee, and run away, but the translation to just "run" before actually running was funny!
Sep 10, 2017 3:29 AM

Oct 2008
Why no kisses? (2nd main pair)
and why the main pair isn't still hooking-up?
4/5.

Sep 10, 2017 4:20 AM
Sep 2015
I really liked this episode and I'm glad to see Honda and Mihashi making progress in their relationship. They're so cute together.

And... if I may say so... Honda looked really good in his suit |D
Sep 12, 2017 12:14 AM

Sep 2015
Ersmark said:
Honda-kun at 12:41
"I'm scared, but I cant keep running... I wont run anymore!"
*starts running for over three minutes*

Yeah, I know that "nigete" means to escape, flee, and run away, but the translation to just "run" before actually running was funny!

lol how ironic ...
Sep 14, 2017 10:35 AM

Jun 2013
AHHHH!!!!! Such a beautiful and sweet episode XD
Sep 14, 2017 11:53 PM

Mar 2009
Well, looks like that's closure for those two. Let's hope we get some progress with the other couple.
Oct 6, 2017 1:19 AM

Jul 2011
I thought someone's gonna kiss someone this time around. Alas it didn't happen though >.< Still a good heartwarming episode!
Oct 19, 2017 11:37 AM

Sep 2011
The main "pair" isn't even the main pair...
Nov 21, 2017 6:25 AM

Sep 2012
Smudy said:
Glad that it worked out between Honda and Mami, love that she stood up for the cause and told her parents what's most important to her, that was the best scene for me.

same here i like when ppl grow some backbone & she finally did :)

PastFuturist said:
OBJECTION! Blondie should be bowing and scraping and crying for treating Class Rep so bad. She's doing her best to get ahead in life, to get good grades so she can have a boyfriend, and he cold disses her in class. He could have been sending her little notes of encouragement in her studies or something, but instead he's just dragging her down with his drama. And trying to get away with it with a smile. Making everyone waste their time hoping he shows up... He says he's going to stop running, and then runs off.

Class rep's family is right: he's a loser. But they should let her hang out with her friends more, and let her bring friends over, so when they meet him they could say: yep, he's a loser.

He better shape up fast.

what i posted to last ep copy paste:

i am on Towa's (Honda's) side (hes words were true) Mami need to grow back bone & send her parents to hell & i don't mean it literally i mean she should say go to hell not all can be as smart as them one reason there is so much suicides in JAP is cause parents push their kids 2hard a lot of them are cause of that

maybe asking high grades from her is 2much, maybe she is slower learner but parents don't give a FUK become grate like them or die trying i despise that type of parents lucky i don't have that type of parents

she needs to stop living for her parents & start living for herself!!!!
Sugram22Nov 21, 2017 6:32 AM
Mar 28, 2022 4:22 AM

Jul 2021
The relationship progression is going steady and that's good
May 26, 2023 9:03 PM
May 2023
I kept replaying the scene where Honda is talking to his mom at the restaurant because she has the best "da fuq ?" face i've ever seen while Honda is just pouring his heart out 
Sep 10, 2023 11:26 PM
Aug 2022
it's so heartwarming watching them getting back together 😻

More topics from this board

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2017

37 by -ODA- »»
Apr 23, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2017

35 by Fubinn »»
Apr 9, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2017

70 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 11, 2023 3:28 AM

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2017

49 by dakota_draws85 »»
May 23, 2023 8:42 AM

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2017

44 by dakota_draws85 »»
May 20, 2023 8:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.