Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 7, 2016 4:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Raw Chapter is out. Only 8 years for Eren to live? He better make every one of those count.

The life of these guys is tough already...
Looks like this chapter is still more about Grisha storytelling.
Stark700Dec 7, 2016 8:33 AM
Dec 7, 2016 5:16 AM

Mar 2014
where'd you get translations.
Dec 7, 2016 5:12 PM
Oct 2014
The last page...kinda awesome!
Dec 7, 2016 5:42 PM

Aug 2012
All the cool characters give epic speeches before they die :(
Dec 7, 2016 5:49 PM

Sep 2007
great chapter i think this conclude Grisha's story arc huh?

too much information i need to re read the chapter twice to completely understand it, but i have a question if a titan shifter will die after 13 years why Zeke is not dead yet ?

Crunchyroll's translation is kinda ambiguous it says only the founding titan will die after 13 years and in other panels it said all titan shifters will die after 13 years and Armin too said he have 13 years left so i dont know i'm confused :S
Dec 7, 2016 6:05 PM
Dec 2015
Sarah-Sama said:

too much information i need to re read the chapter twice to completely understand it, but i have a question if a titan shifter will die after 13 years why Zeke is not dead yet ?

Crunchyroll's translation is kinda ambiguous it says only the founding titan will die after 13 years and in other panels it said all titan shifters will die after 13 years and Armin too said he have 13 years left so i dont know i'm confused :S

won't having the powers of 2 titans shorten his lifespan even more? Guess next chapter is the end of the flashback and we'll probably see how he took the royal titan powers again. So the 9 titans' powers are automatically pass on to the offsprings if they don't transfer them? More devil/alien than biology like Higurashi. Zeke's flashback is probably coming soon, Curious to see his pov and his stance.
Dec 7, 2016 6:22 PM

Sep 2007
voidepression said:

won't having the powers of 2 titans shorten his lifespan even more? Guess next chapter is the end of the flashback and we'll probably see how he took the royal titan powers again. So the 9 titans' powers are automatically pass on to the offsprings if they don't transfer them? More devil/alien than biology like Higurashi. Zeke's flashback is probably coming soon, Curious to see his pov and his stance.

yeah Eren said he might have less than 8 years god this is sad....

if someone didn't inherit the power it will go randomly to an eldian baby even if they're not blood related that's the invisible bond they share as a whole nation that's what the latest discoveries they reach in Titan Chemistry studies according to Kruger

i'm so curious about Zeke and his pov on the whole thing maybe he didn't inherit the beast titan in his childhood, maybe just few years ago? that's why he didn't die yet
Dec 7, 2016 6:45 PM

Jan 2009
so titan shifters (all 9 of them) only has a 13 year lifespan huh and Eren has only 8 years left, plus the name of Eren's titan form is Attack Titan
Dec 7, 2016 7:01 PM

Oct 2013
I knew the both the Marley story and eldian story was either exaggerated or complete bullshit, its like different religion, where each religion has their own belief, with no solid proof for any of them.

voidepression said:
Sarah-Sama said:

The answer is simple he did not get his powers until maybe when he was a teen, a lot of people speculate that Zeke is 27 base of the time period.

Yes, all nine shifters only have 13 years to live, including the coordinate holder.
Dec 7, 2016 7:20 PM

Sep 2015
So how that ritual from the king of the walls was happening?

I'm pretty sure the 1st king was living more than 13 years, I mean, I can't believe he switched his body from 12 on 12 years to keep him alive.
Dec 7, 2016 7:38 PM
Dec 2015
One of the main question now is why did the king allow this to happen? He has the power to easily reclaim the other 8 titans and control all the mindless ones. + More fantasy elements behind the origins of the first titan of the world. Armin is still going to be a colossal titan.
Dec 7, 2016 9:33 PM
Oct 2016
Attack Titan huh? So he's the "shingeki no kyojin"? Or was he the "kougeki no kyojin"?

And how did grisha live so long? The colossal Titan didn't break down the gates until 15 years later, right?
Dec 7, 2016 9:38 PM

Dec 2011
Hahaha. Title drop! Finally an official name for Eren's titan form... and also the origin as to why he is named Eren.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2016 10:14 PM

Apr 2014
Chapter had a lot of information that is for sure. I mean dang dude. 13 years left to live. I guess a great power comes at a great price. That is all I can say for sure. Speaking of the nine titan powers. I believe that Reiner, Ymir, and Annie, along with Zeke has to be related to one of titan powers don't you think?
Dec 7, 2016 10:33 PM

Jun 2014
Really interesting chapter. We got info on the lifespan of Titan Shifters, we saw that the Owl's name is Eren which is probably why Grisha named his own son Eren, and we learned the official name of Eren's Titan transformation (which is practically a title drop). I read this a little fast so I might go back and reread it some time later to fully absorb everything.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 7, 2016 10:35 PM

Mar 2015
what's with all those title drops this week lol well that was awesome.

The origin of Ymir Fritz's titan powers is still unclear. As I've discussed with @keragamming before, I really, really hope they don't mean she got them from a literal demon.. Interesting conversation about those 'paths', by the way. I'm intrigued to learn more about that.
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Dec 7, 2016 11:06 PM

Mar 2014
If Eren has 8 years to live and Armin has 13 years to live then Reiner and Annie for sure have even less time. We don't know when Zeke got his titan powers, but based on his mastery of his powers and how Reiner and Bert called him War Chief, I'm going to speculate Zeke doesn't have much time left at all.
Dec 8, 2016 12:07 AM

Sep 2014
Mikasa is right. This world is just wrong. She already lost her adoptive parents , now after years she will lose both Armin and Eren..

Yeah I'm still a bit confused about who Ymir actually was , but It's clear that History they were told is false.

Interesting that Grisha named his son after Kruger.

The choice between Armin and Erwin was just a decision on whose life to extend for 13 years..:/
Dec 8, 2016 12:32 AM

Jun 2013
Even reading the translations (not english) I still don't get it.... why do both the marley and eldians want the coordinate?

Edit: And how did the original kings not die?? Didn't Uri live until old age???
NekomaroDec 8, 2016 12:52 AM
Nekomimi!!
Dec 8, 2016 1:10 AM
Apr 2011
Mikasa needs to make babies with Eren ASAP before he dies.
Dec 8, 2016 3:05 AM

Mar 2015
Lots of interesting info in this chapter. Also, title drop!!
But there has to be something different with eren because he's supposed to have 2 titans in him right?
Really interested to find out more about these "paths" and how Ymir's powers originated.
Dec 8, 2016 4:11 AM

Aug 2012
Also in Chapter 47 where Reiner was talking to Bert "You're both murderers with "little time left", right? Who else but one of us could understand the situation we are in" now has a new meaning with the 13 year time curse.
Dec 8, 2016 4:35 AM

Jun 2015
With all the background finally being revealed, they just had to put another twist to make us cling to hope, the "thirteen years death". If they really can't be saved in any way, my overall score of the series will probably just take a nose dive later...
Dec 8, 2016 4:51 AM

Oct 2015
Eren has 2 titans. So.. does that affect his lifespan as well? By the way, I thought that in the first chapter when Mikasa said "see you later, Eren" it was the old Eren's memory, seeing someone similar. I guess this theory is not possible, since he didn't have the titan's memories back then. :(

Also, we got fake information about 3 months ago, when they talked about Ymir. Now what is the truth? Titans are connected, but their history is still very foggy.
Dec 8, 2016 6:41 AM

Apr 2015
damn, it makes sense now. So they do have a short-lifespan. Poor Mikasa so RIP Shipper.

so now I understand why he said "short-lived mass murderers", they are literally don't have much time left :lol, Isayama-sensei is a genius.
DebaskyDec 8, 2016 11:28 PM
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Dec 8, 2016 6:47 AM

Sep 2014
More info dump, this chapter was great damn!
Hope they'll be able to do something about the 13 years life span thing.
Dec 8, 2016 7:29 AM

Nov 2012
Yep purely an info dump chapter but still enjoyable. Interesting what the Owl was saying about history, he definitely didn't end up giving a decisive answer about who Ymir was but it seems that the message is people make their own "truths." That was kinda anticlimactic after all of the buildup the name is "attack" titan lol. Does that mean the official names for the other titans are close to the names they've been casually called so far "Armored" "Colossal" "Female"?

I have forgotten some of the details in this manga from earlier chapters honestly, I'm thinking I will re-read the manga up to the current chapter once we get to CH 100.
midnightbladeDec 8, 2016 7:33 AM
Dec 8, 2016 8:02 AM

Apr 2016
"The Attack Titan" how poetic xD
Dec 8, 2016 8:22 AM
Oct 2008
Titan power has a price too!
AlNetheerDec 8, 2016 8:30 AM
Dec 8, 2016 9:07 AM
Jul 2016
Great chapter finally we got an oficial name for erens titan poor mikasa she lost her parents her adoptive patents and in a few years eren and armin she is right this world is so wrong eren has ledd that 8 years ohh well whatever as long as nothing bad happens to levi i am fine
Dec 8, 2016 9:29 AM

May 2016
We truly are the attack on titan
Dec 8, 2016 10:01 AM
Nov 2015
Although it's stupdly full of information and kinda boring to read, it isn't a bad chapter.
One of the things that is good pointing out about the chapter, altough it may be a little repetitive and even then it shoudn't be annoying because it's one of the main points of the entire manga, is that it shows how far human's will to fight can go and explain what drives that determination.
On the other hand, the introduction of magic is not something I entirely liked and would prefer the manga to continue the way it was. I wonder what is the purpose to the whole "once you die, a randomly chosen baby related to ymir inherits the power"? Why create this "mechanism"? Are they trying to say that this fight will continue even after Eren dies?
Dec 8, 2016 11:06 AM
Jan 2015
Finally the series's title makes sense!!!! Eren is the shingeki no kyojin! my mind is blown.
Loved it!
Dec 8, 2016 11:19 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Mikasa will definitely jump Eren and harvest his DNA within 8 years at this point.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 8, 2016 11:56 AM

Dec 2015
The epic feels when you reach the title drop. Can't wait to see that scene animated, though I wonder how many years will that take... -___-
Dec 8, 2016 12:07 PM
Feb 2014
Just one question (might sound really dumb at this point ) but "Shingeki no kyojin" traduced in english is "Attack on Titan" or "Attack Titan"?
Dec 8, 2016 12:15 PM

Sep 2015
Nekomaro said:
Even reading the translations (not english) I still don't get it.... why do both the marley and eldians want the coordinate?

I think the King Fritz (from the walls) doesn't have that 13 years curse, he might be immune cause he has Royal Blood, so maybe Zeke has more time than anyone or is immune too, thanks the Royal Blood of his mom Dina Fritz.
Dec 8, 2016 12:21 PM

Mar 2014
Nekomaro said:

They both want the power of the titans.
Dec 8, 2016 2:45 PM

Aug 2012
nearbaskara said:
damn, it makes sense now. So they do have a short-lifespan. Poor Mikasa so RIP Shipper.

so now I understand why he said "short-lived mass murderers", they are literally don't have much time left :lol, Ishida-sensei is a genius.
You mean Isayama.
Dec 8, 2016 2:52 PM

Aug 2012
DeathTheKido said:
Just one question (might sound really dumb at this point ) but "Shingeki no kyojin" traduced in english is "Attack on Titan" or "Attack Titan"?
Shingeki no Kyojin translated in English is actually (The) Advancing Giant(s)/Titan(s)
Dec 8, 2016 3:40 PM

Sep 2015
Dam Eren has 8 years to live and Armin has the full 13 still since he's new. Maybe they find a way to bypass this and don't die?
Dec 8, 2016 3:50 PM
Apr 2014
Now that's the good kind of infodump.
13 years to live and 8 for Eren, and it can't even be supressed for good and chooses Eldian babies randomly, holy fuck now that's tragic, how is is that gonna be resolved?
The Titan shitfting is now more of a curse than a blessing, I like that it has such a crazy drawback, I mean they can grow limbs and shit, just like in TG Ghouls can only eat humans. A "would you rather" between the 2 powers is now a worst case scenario.
I don't think that the truth behind "the devil and Ymir" will ever be revealed, that would ruin the narrative that both sides don't fully know the true history and are just going with what they believe in.
These chapters really gave Grisha a good deal of characterization and made me care about him as a character, which is not exactly this series strong point, too bad all this characterization is for nothing because the dude is dead as fuck.
"Attack on Titan" yet another example of stupid title translations that are not literal, they should always strive to translate the title as literally as possible though I guess it's done for marketing reasons to grab attention. "Erased" comes to mind and that one is stupid as fuck and has no excuse, the title is a lot longer than that and holds more meaning.
Drake1000Dec 8, 2016 4:01 PM
Dec 8, 2016 7:11 PM

Dec 2012
Nice chapter.

Lots of info from Kruger which is good.
8 yrs left for Eren & Armin's got 13.

Hmmm the "Attacker Titan"
For Freedom.
Santoryu_XBurnerDec 8, 2016 7:14 PM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 8, 2016 8:10 PM

Jun 2014
And now all the misunderstandings with the English title has just made cleared and makes sense.
This is clearly a story of Attacker Titan (Owl>Grisha>Eren) to gain freedom.

At least with that memory Eren can forgive himself for devouring his father.

By the way who has the Founding Titan power? Reiss family (Krista's father)? No one devoured him iirc. This is hilarious :D
Dec 8, 2016 9:17 PM

Mar 2016
What an absolutely amazing chapter. Some important revelations this chapter. A person in a titan form only has 13 years to live? Damn.
The conversations between the Owl and Grisha was so good. Kruegal's past was brutal as fuck. Watching his families being burnt alive. "Watch the world through a crack in the door" Like how he made that connection, like how he witnessed the same thing as a kid.
Eren has 8 years to live and Armin, 13. I wonder if they would find a cure for it though. Mikasa needs to act quick :3 Pretty cool panel here, where Eren showed up instead of the owl. Didn't notice that at first.

Attacker titan. Really messed up the English name for this series xD Seriously though, would have never guessed that's where the name of the title would come from. Pretty cool title drop. Next month needs to be here quick :D
5/5. 10/10.

Dec 8, 2016 11:11 PM

Jun 2013
Cruelty of this Marley.....I feel sick....So this is Yeger Family Sickness...Madness and Hate..but Grisha's Last name was not Yeger originally?

Wait....!? O_O WHAAAT!!! Titan Shifters have 13 YEARS to LIVE!? WHAT THE HELL! and anyone with that Ymir Blood can inherit it if the Titan host Dies without Passing it forward....distance does not matter....oh hell...

8 years to Eren....13 to Armin....I wonder of how much time Ymir, Reiner and Annie have...and how is Ymir suffering in Marley currently....

War is coming...not the Wall Kingdom versus Titans....but the Wall Kingdom VERSUS MARLEY!

Attack Titan....AKA Frontline Titan!
JarjaxleDec 8, 2016 11:25 PM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Dec 8, 2016 11:43 PM

Sep 2016
Does it mean that after all this time, the English title of Shingeki no Kyojin is mistranslated?
sᴇᴛ ʙʏ ᴏᴛᴏʀɪsᴀᴜʀᴜs
w
Dec 9, 2016 1:15 AM
Oct 2016
BokutoHootarou said:
Does it mean that after all this time, the English title of Shingeki no Kyojin is mistranslated?

Doubt it, since it's on the anime title, too.
Dec 9, 2016 4:25 AM

Aug 2012
Page 3 vs Page 42 pretty neat. Grisha and Kruger basically switched pannel
Dec 9, 2016 7:04 AM
Aug 2016
rahul1993 said:
And how did grisha live so long? The colossal Titan didn't break down the gates until 15 years later, right?

Eren was 9 when they attacked wall Maria. Give or take a year or 2 for Grisha getting together with Carla and Eren getting born.
Edit: someone checked the timeline: "Grisha inherits the Titan power and is found by Keith Shadis in 832, and he has Eren eat him in 845, which is exactly 13 years apart."

I never really understood why Grisha gave the titan power to Eren, but now I know. But unlike others, I don't think I'd like it if there was some kind of 'cure' or 'solution' to the limited time span. Sometimes you need to let people die, even MC. I think it would just feel cheap to me otherwise.
Sad thing for Mikasa though.

Also nice how others thought back of what Reiner said way back. I didn't remember but yeah, his words make sense now. And maybe also the reason why Rob Reiss never wanted to inherit the titan power himself?

I think it's great going through the story again with all this new information to see things differently, pick up hints and understand more.
AkiKitazawaDec 9, 2016 7:49 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 89 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

keragamming - Dec 28, 2016

166 by CutieAnshin »»
Jul 3, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

34 by veinnnn »»
Jul 2, 10:00 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 129 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Eikonomachia - Jun 5, 2020

143 by Berry-Vodka »»
Jun 30, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 87 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Nov 7, 2016

141 by CutieAnshin »»
Jun 30, 10:22 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 86 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

keragamming - Oct 5, 2016

196 by CutieAnshin »»
Jun 29, 12:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.